PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Thread - Our First Major Trophy

ahnaf
June 10, 2018, 04:24 AM
Thanks to our Women team despite lack of facilities and basic opportunities.

Well done to our Women team. :fanflag:

anon4567
June 10, 2018, 04:27 AM
We demand the womens team holding the Asia Cup trophy on the BC banner..
Get rid of those useless clowns and their Premature Celebration™ and Nagin Dance™

5tonne
June 10, 2018, 04:44 AM
I demand houses and cars for each of them. Men were given tgose on many occasions for achieving lot less than this.

Shehwar
June 10, 2018, 04:49 AM
Magnificent from the girls!

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 04:53 AM
I fear some things will be promised but a lot of these will just be false hopes.

Sadly we have corrupt politicians who say things to get PR at such occasions and women never get the proper credit they deserve. I hope the Almighty gives the women team just rewards for their service and hope they get the proper treatment they deserve

WorldCup11
June 10, 2018, 05:07 AM
Here you go,candidate for the new BC banner

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ns6urd.jpg

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 05:08 AM
I consider this Asia Cup win as the greatest achievement in our cricket so far!
All the best to our team - Skipper Salma Khatun, all-rounder Rumana Ahmed and the Gang - Huge Congratulations! This team made us proud today. Great performance and great cricket!
:flag:

Habib
June 10, 2018, 05:09 AM
Congrats!!!

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 05:16 AM
Ahnaf mama, out of excitement and writing very much tarahoora, on the thread title Trophy-ta tropy hoiya geche.

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 05:31 AM
Thank you, BD women's team head coach Anju Jain (former Indian national cricketer, wicket-keeper)- for your dedication, training and guidance to our national women's team. Today, it is your day of joy!

Thank you, Assistant Coach Devika Palshikar for your support, contribution and dedication to our team and women cricketers.

Thank you, BD national women's cricket team physio Anuja Dalvi Pandit for your effort and hard work for this team.

Thank you, former BD women's cricket team - David Capel - for your dedication, contribution and teaching to our team and cricketers during your tenure.

ahnaf
June 10, 2018, 05:36 AM
Ahnaf mama, out of excitement and writing very much tarahoora, on the thread title Trophy-ta tropy hoiya geche.

Dhonnobad BK da 🙂. fixed

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 05:36 AM
Thank you, BD women's team head coach Anju Jain (former Indian national cricketer, wicket-keeper)- for your training and guidance to our national women's team. Today, it is your day of joy!

Thank you, Assistant Coach Devika Palshikar for your support, contribution and dediaction to our team and women cricketers.

Thank you, BD national women's cricket team physio Anuja Dalvi Pandit for your effort and hard work for this team.

Thank you, former BD women's cricket team - David Capel - for your dedication, contribution and teaching to you team and cricketers.

Yes BK bro. We should not forget the coaching staff.

ahnaf
June 10, 2018, 05:38 AM
I demand houses and cars for each of them. Men were given tgose on many occasions for achieving lot less than this.

agreed. That's the bar minimum for me.

Night_wolf
June 10, 2018, 05:55 AM

In addition to this I demand taking those undeserving house and cars from the men team, sell them and distribute the money to the women team

simon
June 10, 2018, 06:40 AM
In addition to this I demand taking those undeserving house and cars from the men team, sell them and distribute the money to the women team
Tamim already gave his bat..aar koto dibey?

Congratulations to womens team :fanflag:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shaan
June 10, 2018, 06:40 AM
ENJOY THE HIGHLIGHTS !!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xwt6HeVTTcI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anon4567
June 10, 2018, 06:43 AM
Men's team: beat New Zealand in an ODI series in our dust bowl ovals and get a house and a brand new flipping car, while the women's team gets nothing for winning the Asia Cup.

Those houses and cars are an insult to our nation given their performance in the Afghan series. If they had some dignity they would sell those houses and provide the money to the women's team or hand it over to some charity.

simon
June 10, 2018, 06:48 AM
Ok guys ..dont get too excited about rewards.
Lets see first what the government decide to give.
More than flats cars I hope for better salary.and better facilities,more investment on women sports.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

anon4567
June 10, 2018, 06:52 AM
Men's team react to the win

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1rV0bgPe2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pxstmg30a7i0

Night_wolf
June 10, 2018, 07:05 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1rV0bgPe2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pxstmg30a7i0

should become spectators like this and give up cricket

anon4567
June 10, 2018, 07:11 AM
^ Go easy on them, just let them fantasize about beating India in any major tournament :P

anon4567
June 10, 2018, 07:16 AM
Here you go,candidate for the new BC banner

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ns6urd.jpg

This deserves to be the BC banner for a while.

Shubho
June 10, 2018, 07:18 AM
Our women kick major a$$!

In fact, women in general kick a$$.

In any case, what an achievement. Against all odds. Unbelievable.

I really hope the women's game goes from strength to strength.

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 07:34 AM
ENJOY THE HIGHLIGHTS !!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xwt6HeVTTcI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for that

Antora
June 10, 2018, 07:53 AM
All these years being an annoying member in bc I feel as though has finally paid off for me. Not only have we won a major cup, but the women won it. I can now retire from BC a happy person. Also I’m going to somehow start a campaign demanding equal/higher pay for women and better facilities . If the stats floating around are true regarding their pay, then that’s disgusting . Anyhooo, celebrate hard ( the halal way of course) everyone, we won a cup! YAASSS SLLLAAAYYYY QWWEEENNNSSS

Antora
June 10, 2018, 07:54 AM
Oh and “ woot! Woot!”

mufi_02
June 10, 2018, 09:28 AM

Dui run hoye jabe dui run hoye jabe!! Hmm khali egulai parba. Bolod gula ki training kore abar?

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 09:51 AM
People observing fast should refrain from name calling 😁

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 09:56 AM
I wonder if the Instagram video of the lads would have been shared if the Tigresses lost

NoName
June 10, 2018, 10:02 AM
The men's team could learn a lot on how to get two runs off the last few deliveries or 9 off the final over :facepalm:

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
ENJOY THE HIGHLIGHTS !!

My dearest Shaan Da,
Thank you so much for sharing this highlight video with us. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to see how our team, our players and team India played at the field.

I am very pleased today seeing how poised some of our top order batsmen were while playing their shots. I am extremely happy to see our players' body language and fielding ability. They were extremely agile, athletic and response is solid. The bowlers' bowling technique, movement and run-ups and stamina made me feel very confidant about team's up-hill progress as well. I do not know much about or understand cricket or sport like many of you do, it is just from my own judgement after viewing the clip - I am truly impressed.
I salute our cricketers and the coach.

SportingBD
June 10, 2018, 10:45 AM
This is soo unexpected. Didn't expect our women to beat India twice.

Incredible achievement, congrats to the whole team and management.

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 10:58 AM
Very very important article by our own BC's dear Dizzy bhaiya (Mohammad Isam).
Here Mr. Isam explains the real true condition of professional women cricket in Bangladesh and how they are truly compensated and treated in general by the governing body, BCB and everyone. Look at the real dollar numbers! This is real, guys.
A dear member of our BC, 'Kathbirali' once made effort to let us know about the condition of professional women cricket in Bangladesh, the miss-treatment, the sense of abandonment by the governing body, the neglect, disrespect. And she wanted us, these majority male active BC posters, that care about or at least pretend to care about cricket in Bangladesh to do something. Kathbirali stated back then, I think in 2012/13 around then that BCB owed money/that 'tiny' bit of salary to the rostered, enlisted female cricketers from the previous year and were giving them run around. That tiny amount of their salaries, guys! And we didn't really make much noise. A few of us just said, ohh very bad, sad, unacceptable...etc...and that's it...forget and move on!! I am disgusted by me, my lack of whatever. whatever I could have done, I didn't. I ignored. And for Kathbirali, she stopped coming to BC. I am very sorry today.

Please read this. guys.

Asia Cup success promises huge boost for Bangladesh women's cricket

Bangladesh women wheel away after winning the Asia Cup ACC (Asian Cricket Council)

Mohammad Isam ESPN
6:54 AM ET

Women's cricket in Bangladesh can expect a boost in popularity and monetary support after their historic and maiden Asia Cup title. They defeated six-time champions India in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday, having cruised past hosts Malaysia in the last league match a day earlier. The level of interest among fans shot up overnight after they beat Pakistan and India earlier in the week, with social media abuzz with the unprecedented run of success of the Bangladesh team.

The immediate impact on the team is an injection of confidence ahead of July's World T20 Qualifiers in Netherlands. While Bangladesh have defeated higher-ranked teams in the past, too, including South Africa, Pakistan and Sri Lanka across both limited-overs formats, their maiden victory over India, who had never lost an Asia Cup match before, and then beating them again in the final became a much bigger deal.

In a broader sense, more young girls are likely to take to cricket across Bangladesh after seeing a performance of such promise. The final was televised live in Bangladesh, which is also likely to inspire aspiring cricketers to take the field. In 1997, when Bangladesh qualified for the men's World Cup for the first time, cricket's popularity increased tremendously, but it was an all-male affair.

Even today, women's cricket is in the margins and only certain pockets in Bangladesh have training facilities and academies for female cricketers. The story of a local coach using a toilet as his office and for equipment storage to deal with lack of funds and support highlighted the challenges women's cricket faces currently.

Nizamuddin Chowdhury, the BCB chief executive, said that the Asia Cup performance has already had a big enough impact for the board to think differently about women's cricket, starting with separate sponsorship. "Team performance obviously has an impact on overall morale, popularity and sponsorship," Chowdhury told ESPNcricinfo. "Currently, the women's national team sponsorship is bundled with the men's senior team, but after this success we have to think separately. They now have their own value to attract sponsors.

"We have to think especially about the women's game in Bangladesh. We already have some talent-hunt programmes through domestic tournaments, but we should do more for their development."

About sixteen to 17 players in the national team are being paid BDT 10,000 to 30,000 (USD 120 to 360) per month for the last few years, since the salary structure came in place in 2012. For an ODI, they are paid USD 100 per game and USD 75 for a T20 international. The BCB is also likely to discuss the salary structure in its next board meeting on June 11.

Nazmul Abedeen, the women's team manager, said that the dream run in the Asia Cup will make the players more confident and focused, whether they are representing Bangladesh or playing in domestic competitions.

"The success will definitely change how current active players think about themselves," Abedeen said. "Their perception will change. They will be more confident. 'If they can do it, why not us?' is what [other players from Bangladesh] will think now. At the same time, it will boost the players' seriousness in training and competition."

After the Asia Cup, the Bangladesh players will have a short break before travelling to Ireland for three T20 internationals. Then it is on to the Netherlands for the World T20 Qualifiers.

Courtesy: espncricinfo - Please read original article here:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23751479/asia-cup-success-promises-huge-boost-bangladesh-women-cricket

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 10:59 AM
TBH I was happy with our lasses beating Pakistan. Then beating India was monumental. Reaching the final I think we all got really interested.

I hope this kind of things inspire Bangladeshi girls too

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 11:11 AM
Bangladesh beat six-time champions for maiden Asia Cup title

Annesha Ghosh I espncricinfo
3:00 AM ET

Bangladesh 113 for 7 (Sultana 27, Rumana 23, Poonam 4-9, Harmanpreet 2-19) beat India 112 for 9 (Harmanpreet 56*, Rumana 2-22, Tul Kubra 2-23) by three wickets

Bangladesh's post-match revelry ACC (Asian Cricket Council)

A maiden Asia Cup final. Nine runs required off the last over. Two wickets go down on the fourth and fifth balls and the match spills onto the final ball, with Bangladesh women needing two to win.

A thriller. A heartbreak for six-time champions India. A perfect ending for Bangladesh, as No. 8 Jahanara Alam dived at the striker's end to seal a three-wicket victory and give Bangladesh their maiden Asia Cup title. Deepti Sharma's throw from midwicket to push the final into a Super Over proved as bereft of vigour as was India's performance with the bat that saw them post 112 for 8; half of the tally courtesy captain Harmanpreet Kaur's 42-ball 56. That they were still able to drag the game to the final over was down to legspinner Poonam Yadav's career-best 4 for 9.

With Bangladesh requiring 23 off 18 and a set Rumana Ahmed batting on 13, Harmanpreet, who hadn't bowled in India's last two league matches, brought herself on to bowl the 18th and 20th overs. She drew a top-edge off her first delivery that flew over the wicketkeeper for four. The rest of the over continued to be eventful, featuring two singles and two twos, before ending with a missed run-out opportunity due to an erroneous throw from Smriti Mandhana.

India missed a second run-out opportunity in the 19th over when Deepti, the bowler, decided against throwing the ball at the non-striker Sanjida Islam's end after collecting a return drive. Islam survived and added 14 vital runs off 13 balls for the sixth wicket with Rumana. Deepti, however, gave away just four runs, leaving India with nine to defend in the final over.

By then, however, all of India's four frontline spinners had bowled out, their spearhead Jhulan Goswami had leaked 20 in two overs, and their only other fast bowler - Shikha Pandey - left the field with a knee injury - in the second over of the chase - having bowled only four balls.

It was in that context that Harmanpreet, who had memorably bowled the final over in India's 2016 Asia Cup victory, came on to bowl the 20th. But Rumana, who had single-handedly routed India in their seven-wicket league-stage win, struck an inside-out four off the second ball as Bangladesh shaved off six runs off the first three balls. Islam then slogged Veda Krishnamurthy to long-on as more drama ensued. Deepti and Harmanpreet then combined to have Rumana run out off the penultimate ball of the innings.

With two required off the final ball, Harmanpreet pitched on a fullish-length, and it was met with a slog from Alam towards the deep. With that, India were denied a seventh straight title and Bangladesh had their fifth win in six matches to end a momentous Asia Cup campaign.

But Bangladesh took their first steps towards history much earlier in the game, when they strangled India in the Powerplay, thanks to left-arm spinner Nahida Akter, whose three overs cost just six runs.

Salma Khatun, the Bangladesh captain, complemented that effort with some disciplined offspin bowling that kept India's openers on a leash. The pressure eventually got to the batsmen, when Mandhana's bid to steal a third run in the fourth over was ended by a direct hit from Akter. An out-of-form Mithali Raj and Deepti then laboured to 9 off 15 balls 3 off nine balls respectively in the Powerplay.

It was enough to inject nerves into India's innings and led to a wicket in each of the next three overs. Medium-pacer Alam bowled Deepti, offspinner Khadija Tul Kubra removed Raj, while Anuja Patil became the second Indian female player - and the first in T20Is - to be out obstructing the field as she changed her course en route to making her ground at the non-striker's end.

By then, India had slumped to 32 for 4, before top-scorer Harmanpreet added 30 runs with Veda Krishnamurthy. An ill-judged sweep sent Krishnamurthy back for 11, before legspinner Rumana's double-strike in the 15th took out wicketkeeper Taniya Bhatia and Shikha Pandey for single-digit scores.

Harmanpreet fought on to notch up her highest score in 20 innings across limited-overs formats since her unbeaten 171 in the World Cup semi-final last year. Her resistance ended in the last ball of the innings when she found Alam in a bid to clear deep square leg.

Courtesy: espncricinfo - Please read original article here:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148063/bangladesh-women-vs-india-women-final-womens-t20-asia-cup

roman
June 10, 2018, 11:17 AM
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 11:18 AM
This article by Annesha Ghosh was published at cricinfo the day after BD women beating India for the first time, just a few days ago.

Beating India a dream come true - Rumana Ahmed

Bangladesh players are ecstatic after their seven-wicket win against India ACC (Asian Cricket Council)

Annesha Ghosh I espncricinfo
Jun 6, 2018

"The dream has always been to come close to beating a team like India. That we've beaten them is a reality."

These words from Bangladesh women vice-captain Rumana Ahmed best encapsulates the team's sentiments. Rumana followed figures of 3 for 21 and a run-out with an unbeaten 42 off 34 balls to lead Bangladesh to their first win over India in international cricket. Bangladesh handed India their first defeat in the Asia Cup a day after upsetting Pakistan.

"When we arrived at the team hotel, the Pakistan players congratulated us in the lobby," Rumana told ESPNcricinfo from Kuala Lumpur. "We beat them the other day, and today they were congratulating us for beating India."

For Rumana, this was "easily the most memorable day" in her career, and "perhaps in Bangladesh women's history." Understandably so as she starred with the bat, ball and in the field and was part of Bangladesh's highest stand in T20Is with Fargana Hoque.

"It hurts when you have to wait for your chances because you're the ninth-ranked team," Rumana said."Teams like India, Pakistan - they're in the top eight and play [ICC Women's Championship] matches all around the year. It's like you're made to feel you're not good enough, but I hope this goes some way towards changing that perception."

Rumana's individual brilliance aside, Bangladesh's tactical acumen and their discipline in the field would give them confidence against top-ranked teams.

"If you see Harmanpreet [Kaur]'s records, she's scored 60-70 against us every other game," Rumana said. "I remember telling a journalist the other day that I've not played against too many sensible female cricketers like Harman. Most of our bowlers struggle against her because it's difficult to contend with the power in her arms or the way she pierces the gaps. But we made sure we kept rotating our bowlers despite the terrible heat and humidity."

Having hit six fours, Harmanpreet was on course for a half-century, but a legbreak from Rumana at the end of the 16th over had the India captain miscuing a sweep to short square leg and triggered a late collapse: from 120 for 3 India went to 134 for 7. Foxing Harmanpreet: check. Fulfilling dream: check.

Rumana then dismissed Deepti Sharma and Anuja Patil, but she picked out Anuja's return catch as the best she's taken.

"During the A-team matches, I took note of her ability to play all round the wicket. So, as a wristspinner, my target was to make her play straight. I pitched up as much as possible, and there it was: she hit one straight back."

The success of chase, Rumana said, was down to the foundation laid by opener Shamima Sultana's 33 off 23 balls. The pressure then got to Hoque and her when the asking rate jumped to nine, but they found a way keep in touch with it.

"That was probably the only time I started second-guessing myself, and thought it might be a little too much for us," Rumana told."But when the equation came down to, 32 off 24, Fargana and I told each other that we got this. Let's just keep calm and get this done. Just like we did the other day."

Looking back on the margin of the wins over Pakistan and India - by seven wickets each - Rumana acknowledged the contribution of former head coach David Capel, whose last assignment with the team was the South Africa tour in May. Bangladesh were blanked 5-0 and 3-0 in the ODIs and T20Is respectively, after which former India wicketkeeper Anju Jain replaced Capel.

Rumana welcomed Jain's commitment to "giving the team time get used to her approach" and also credited the efforts of the other two Indian backroom staff assistant coach Devika Palshikar and physio Anuja Dalvi Pandit.

"After the game, we asked her [Jain] jokingly about us beating India on her first assignment," Rumana said. "Obviously, she laughed a little."

"Yes, my familiarity with the Indian team helped, but the win was more about them [the Bangladesh players] executing our plans well, and us getting to chase despite losing the toss on a superb batting track," Jain said in response.

"The nature of T20 cricket is unpredictable, and we want to make it to the final. Whatever is to come, I know for a fact this team is not going to be complacent. With a victory like this, their self-belief has shot up and so will their hunger to win."

Courtesy: espncricinfo - Please read the original article here:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23715819/beating-india-dream-come-true-rumana-ahmed

roman
June 10, 2018, 11:23 AM
Dui run hoye jabe dui run hoye jabe!! Hmm khali egulai parba. Bolod gula ki training kore abar?

BCB Eid er suti cancel kore dise after Afg series

bujhee kom
June 10, 2018, 11:45 AM
Bangladesh Women Team's Road to 2018 Asia Cup Final
How It All Happened: A Match by Match, Event by Event Journal Log

Women's Twenty20 Asia Cup 2018
Points Table night before the final match

Team *M *W *L *T *P *NRR

IND-W *5 *4 *1 *0 *8 *2.446
BD-W *5 *4 *1 *0 *8 *1.116
PAK-W *5 *3 *2 *0 *6 *1.850
SL-W *5 *2 *3 * 0 *4 *0.891
THI-W *5 *2 *3 *0 *4 *-1.026
MAL-W *5 *0 *5 *0 *0 *-5.302

BD 1st Match - Against Sri Lanka
BD Lost by 6 wickets
Sri Lanka 64 for 4 (Hansika 23, Kubra 3-13)
beat Bangladesh 63 (Kumari 3-17, Prabodhani 2-6) by 6 wickets
POM Sugandika Kumari (SL)
Sri Lanka kick off Asia Cup with rout of Bangladesh
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148049/bangladesh-women-vs-sri-lanka-women-2nd-match-womens-t20-asia-cup

BD 2nd Match - Against Pakistan
BD WON by seven wickets
Bangladesh women 96 for 3 (Shamina 31, Nigar 31*, Fahima 23*)
beat Pakistan women 95 for 5 (Mir 21*, Javeria 18, Nahida 2-23) by seven wickets
POM Fahima Khatun (BD)
Fahima the star as Bangladesh stun Pakistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148051/bangladesh-women-vs-pakistan-women-4th-match-womens-t20-asia-cup

BD 3rd Match - Against India
BD WON by seven wickets
Bangladesh women 142 for 3 (Hoque 52*, Rumana 42*)
beat India women 141 for 7 (Kaur 42, Rumana 3-21) by seven wickets
POM Rumana Ahmed (BD)
Rumana fashions Bangladesh's first win over India
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148056/bangladesh-women-vs-india-women-9th-match-womens-t20-asia-cup

BD 4th Match - Against Thailand
BD WON by nine wickets
Bangladesh women 62 for 1 (Rahman 25*, Nigar Sultana 25*)
beat Thailand women 60 for 8 (Khatun 2-6, Akter 2-10) by nine wickets
POM Salma Khatun (BD)
Bangladesh crush Thailand with bowling might
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148057/bangladesh-women-vs-thailand-women-10th-match-womens-t20-asia-cup

BD 5th Match - Against Malaysia
BD WON by 70 runs
Bangladesh 130 for 4 (Shamima 43, Rahman 31, Duraisingam 2-19)
beat Malaysia 60 for 9 (Duraisinga 17, Ahmed 3-8) by 70 runs
POM Shamima Sultana (BD)
Giant-slayers Bangladesh romp to maiden Asia Cup final
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148062/malaysia-women-vs-bangladesh-women-15th-match-womens-t20-asia-cup

BD makes it to Final to play against India

2018 Women Asia Cup Final Against India
BD WON AND BECAME CHAMPION by three wickets
Bangladesh 113 for 7 (Sultana 27, Rumana 23, Poonam 4-9, Harmanpreet 2-19)
beat India 112 for 9 (Harmanpreet 56*, Rumana 2-22, Tul Kubra 2-23) by three wickets
POM Rumana Ahmed (BD)
Bangladesh beat six-time champions for maiden Asia Cup title
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8659/report/1148063/bangladesh-women-vs-india-women-final-womens-t20-asia-cup

godzilla
June 10, 2018, 12:08 PM
Replace the men team with women team. Atleast these ladies knows how to win and does not give lame excuses like mental block. Congrats!

iDumb
June 10, 2018, 12:08 PM
Just saw the highlights... who was the third umpire? Terrible umpire.

That indian obstruction of field shoudl not have been an out
and that shoulder height ball that was caught off of bd batter should have been a no ball.

i think. specially when for both the onfield call was not out.

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 02:37 PM
This win came at an appropriate time when our Men’s team have hit a trough, Allhamdullilah.

However I wonder if there will be further progress for the Women’ team. Will this encourage more girls and parent to allow playing cricket?

kalpurush
June 10, 2018, 02:40 PM
However I wonder if there will be further progress for the Women’ team. Will this encourage more girls and parent to allow playing cricket?

Absolutely...will have a greater positive impact IMHO. Look at the Indian cricket...after wining the WC in 1983, they are on top now...
Though, Asia cup in NOT a wc win but it's a great win for us...and will motivate many...

adamnsu
June 10, 2018, 02:47 PM
Absolutely...will have a greater positive impact IMHO. Look at the Indian cricket...after wining the WC in 1983, they are on top now...
Though, Asia cup in NOT a wc win but it's a great win for us...and will motivate many...

Let’s hope so, but a Bangladeshi girls’ role is very restrictive when it comes to playing competitive sport. Limited facilities and social barriers will always be restrictions.

Night_wolf
June 10, 2018, 03:06 PM
BCB Eid er suti cancel kore dise after Afg series

ah ki sunalen roman bhai. mone onek santi pelam

horizon
June 10, 2018, 03:35 PM
Just saw the highlights... who was the third umpire? Terrible umpire.

That indian obstruction of field shoudl not have been an out
and that shoulder height ball that was caught off of bd batter should have been a no ball.

i think. specially when for both the onfield call was not out.

I think both of them are out.
1) Obstructing the fieldsman was given based on the intentions and nothing shows it more than when you change course to run on the middle of the pitch.
2) Shoulder height ball was coming down and the bats-woman was way outside the popping crease. The law -
41.7.1 Any delivery, which passes or would have passed, without pitching, above waist height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease, is to be deemed dangerous and unfair, whether or not it is likely to inflict physical injury on the striker.

al Furqaan
June 10, 2018, 04:34 PM
Hats off to the Lady Tigers!

Yankees
June 10, 2018, 05:35 PM
This win came at an appropriate time when our Men’s team have hit a trough, Allhamdullilah.

It will be if there if it is a viable career path. If bcb keeps paying them $300 in salaries, this win will mean nothing.

mehedi
June 10, 2018, 06:32 PM
Eid gift for all the cricket fans in Bangladesh. Congratulations to salma and co. This is remarkable, especially after such a poor tour to South Africa. I hope they work even harder from now on and keep improving. Best wishes :up:

Max100
June 10, 2018, 06:52 PM
congrats woman team. it will give much needed confidence to man team now.

west indies tour will be great

Tiger Manc
June 10, 2018, 07:12 PM
Congratulations!

Yankees
June 10, 2018, 08:17 PM
The unsung hero is Akter. Didn't get any wickets, but had an econ of 3, started the bowling and put all the pressure on Indian bats.

MohammedC
June 10, 2018, 08:19 PM
Congratulations Ladies.

boka
June 10, 2018, 11:54 PM
[বাংলা]
যতোই আংসাং হিরোইন খুজি
আসল হিরোইন হইলো এক পেসারের দল
এবং সেই পেসারকে দিয়েও সব ওভার বল না করানোর বুদ্ধি

দলে ৩খান পেসার নিলেও প্রথম এগারোজনে খেলাইছে একজনরে
কারণ এই দলটাতে পোলাগো মতো বেশী বুদ্ধির লোকজন কমছিলো
[/বাংলা]

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2018, 07:06 AM
Congratulations women side. Well done! Proud of you all.

Deserves, all the good stuffs coming your ways, women side and staff.

And message to BCB. Get your act sorted, wastemans! Fund, facilitate women side better. Then we might least have a better chance to win a world cup, in most of ours life time!
Then hoping, thinking, the shameless men side can do it. Those lot are satisfied, stomachs full. Not hungry anymore. They lack professionalism hence any decent success and money coming to them gets to them, and they lose focus..

bujhee kom
June 11, 2018, 11:27 AM
Congratulations women side. Well done! Proud of you all.

Deserves, all the good stuffs coming your ways, women side and staff.

And message to BCB. Get your act sorted, wastemans! Fund, facilitate women side better. Then we might least have a better chance to win a world cup, in most of ours life time!
Then hoping, thinking, the shameless men side can do it. Those lot are satisfied, stomachs full. Not hungry anymore. They lack professionalism hence any decent success and money coming to them gets to them, and they lose focus..

Totally agree with you Masuk/Masum bhai from U Kingdom! Everything you said, I could not have said it better.

Stomachs full maney??? I say they are mottoos! Ek-ekta sudhu khaitese aar fultese...edike mathe gele doura-te pare naa...hapaiy khali...Bullsh!t, SAD, pathetic shameless BD men's team. I say as punishment, they hould not be fed for a month except for a slice of a bread per person, per night and half glass of water...and hard labor with it! A bunch of Bodna(s)!~

bujhee kom
June 11, 2018, 11:28 AM
Now, it is time for a BIG group hug among all BC..assoon, Lojja korben naa!
Asoon amara sobai ektu hug kori! Eto khusir diin, huga-hugi must!
Amkey joriey dhoren sobai! Uhhooo katu-kutu katu-kutui...khusi khusi koob khub khusi...Haa team jitley khoosi-er ses nai...aar harley pura Pecha-er moton mookh...Gomra mookh!

bujhee kom
June 11, 2018, 12:20 PM
I dunno about y'all...I am still boogieing!

https://media.giphy.com/media/doPrWYzSG1Vao/giphy.gif

aklemalp
June 11, 2018, 06:53 PM
I dunno about y'all...I am still boogieing!

https://media.giphy.com/media/doPrWYzSG1Vao/giphy.gif

Save some for me!