PDA

View Full Version : 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup

SportingBD
June 13, 2018, 08:07 AM
Who will win the 2019 World Cup?

What is your expectation for Bangladesh?

Do you have any favourites that you like to see win the WC?

SportingBD
June 13, 2018, 08:13 AM
England or West Indies for me.

Chris Gayles Final WC.

Night_wolf
June 13, 2018, 08:19 AM
BD will lose all game

WI will lose all game except BD one

AFG will win against BD and WI but lose others

for other teams I cant predict but I expect SL to lose most of the games expect BD WI and AFG..they might win one game out of the rest 6

SportingBD
June 13, 2018, 08:21 AM
Mashrafes last WC for BD, also Mahmudullah and Mushy?

New coach said we should target final (he didn’t sound realistic to me).

Happy to finish in the top four..

roman
June 13, 2018, 08:46 AM
BD will win against Afg but will lose all other games

anon4567
June 13, 2018, 08:53 AM
And Bangladesh finishes last, calling it now. BD will only beat Sri Lanka and/or Windies but lose to all other teams including the Afghans.

anon4567
June 13, 2018, 08:56 AM
Mashrafes last WC for BD, also Mahmudullah and Mushy?

New coach said we should target final (he didn’t sound realistic to me).

Happy to finish in the top four..

Happy to get one win out of 9. Given the current state of the team even that seems like a fantasy

R0ssei
June 13, 2018, 09:26 AM
BAN at best can win 2 matches against SL, AFG or WI.

The top 4 would most likely be ENG, IND, SA and PAK. If Smith and Warner come back b4 WC, then AUS may have a chance. As both SA and ENG are known for choking, it could well be IND or PAK for the final while we will shop for 2019 Eid. :facepalm:

zura
June 13, 2018, 10:30 AM
Voted Bangladesh. If we drop some of these under-performing failed experiments, I think we can do well. I have faith that Rhodes will introduce a new batch of batsmen over Haturi's favourites. Rain will hopefully do us a bit of favour in the process as well.

bujhee kom
June 13, 2018, 12:39 PM
Poll Master Shammim Miah returns!

aklemalp
June 13, 2018, 12:56 PM

Pollster.

Bangladesh can make it to the final

SportingBD
June 13, 2018, 01:16 PM

You have been blessed with a sharp memory :D

Alhamduillah.

SportingBD
June 13, 2018, 01:20 PM
Happy to get one win out of 9. Given the current state of the team even that seems like a fantasy

ODI our best format, we have been consistent for the last couple of years.

In terms of wins, I think we would rank in the top 4/5 (past few years).

Also, we reached Semis in CT (should give us confidence) doing well in Uk.

aklemalp
June 13, 2018, 01:36 PM

IMHO, this was an anamoly.

SportingBD
June 13, 2018, 01:42 PM
IMHO, this was an anamoly.

It was. But at the same time improves confidence, the win.
It wasn’t straight forward, especially the chase against NZ.

Plus the coach is English... I don’t expect to reach final..

But atleast beat 3 to 4 teams, including some big names.

aklemalp
June 13, 2018, 01:51 PM
It was. But at the same time improves confidence, the win.
It wasn’t straight forward, especially the chase against NZ.

Plus the coach is English... I don’t expect to reach final..

But atleast beat 3 to 4 teams, including some big names.

It would be an uphill task to get through to the last four. Somehow a rained out game have to work in their favor to get their NRR over the other team.

And most importantly, don't ever underestimate your opposition.

Shadow
June 13, 2018, 02:22 PM

Bangladesh played the semi final in Champion's trophy winning just one match. The format of this world cup is different. Some of the matches may wash out but that won't help.
Bangladesh did't win a single series in any formats since the Afghanistan series in 2016.

al Furqaan
June 13, 2018, 04:11 PM
We will win 4 games. We will win 3 against AFG, WI, SL, PAK suffering a upset loss in one of the games.

Then we will magically win one against IND, ENG, AUS, SA, NZ. Prolly the game at Cardiff.

Sadly 4 wins won’t Ben enough for the semifinals.

Yankees
June 13, 2018, 06:40 PM
A real "World Cup" is going to start tomorrow. Forget 2019 and enjoy the greatest show on earth. See what real parity looks like.

aklemalp
June 13, 2018, 07:03 PM
A real "World Cup" is going to start tomorrow. Forget 2019 and enjoy the greatest show on earth. See what real parity looks like.

And yet we don't have a sub-section in the forum for it.

Come on Nasir bhai

Night_wolf
June 13, 2018, 07:07 PM

Italy is missing. ICC would have reshuffled the WC and make it a 33 team WC if one of the previous champions were missing

Yankees
June 13, 2018, 07:24 PM
Italy is missing. ICC would have reshuffled the WC and make it a 33 team WC if one of the previous champions were missing

You are giving them far too much credit. Under ICC, Italy would have automatic qualification.

anon4567
June 14, 2018, 09:36 AM

We got literally our arse handed back to us against South Africa in the 3 ODIs we played. Even in our own dust bowls we couldn't impress against a fresh Sri Lankan side even though we had more experienced players on our team. Sure we beat Zimbabwe twice if you think that is good enough.

Our performance in the CT2017 was also bad. Apart from that NZ game we were nowhere near beating any other teams. Our CT Semi-Finals can be labelled an anamoly.

We performed a lot better in CWC 2015 in contrast despite 2014 being a bad year for us. So there is always that hope we can bounce back in the same fashion for this CWC, though I am cautiously optimistic.

bujhee kom
June 14, 2018, 09:56 AM

You are giving them far too much credit. Under ICC, Italy would have automatic qualification.

Hhmmm....ICC - International Criminal Court, also home base of Interpol..I think it is in the Hague, in the Netherlands. Our BC's pride and joy, Navo is a Barrister there. I think NAvo once defended General Noriega, before the dude kicked the can. But he paid Navo's invoice before getting hanged.

adamnsu
June 14, 2018, 10:07 AM
England should be there in the final but I dread India might be there too. Pakistan should make semis.

Bangladesh had a lucky escape at the CT but obviously I hope they do well. Before that we need to have a solid team with atleast 3 new faces and play that team for a year.

anon4567
June 14, 2018, 11:11 AM
Semi Final #1: England v Pakistan
Semi Final #2: India v South Africa
Finals: England v India
I believe England would win.

SportingBD
June 16, 2018, 06:03 AM
Current standing per votes: (top four in World Cup)

1. England
2. India
3. Australia
4. Bangladesh

Will the top four change after the vote deadline?

That would mean: Semi Final Draw:

England Vs. Bangladesh
India Vs. Australia

DinRaat.
June 16, 2018, 07:22 AM
Just a fan passing by and stating the facts.

Australia has the won the world cup 5 times, let me just remind you folks.

adamnsu
June 26, 2018, 05:08 AM
Our pool won tickets from the first ballot round.

BD vs Pak and BD vs SL

SportingBD
June 27, 2018, 03:19 AM
The way England demolished Australia! They are rightly regarded as favourites.

Let’s see how India do against England. Should be a good series.

Probably two of the WC finalist?

Gowza
June 27, 2018, 04:18 AM
The way England demolished Australia! They are rightly regarded as favourites.

Let’s see how India do against England. Should be a good series.

Probably two of the WC finalist?

At this point I’d agree, England favourites, India the other favourites. If Rahul comes in as a regular for India they may move their game up a level also and Gill and Shaw are promising, I knlwbthey have rohit and dhawan but certainly Gill could bat lower, not sure if Shaw (haha pun) would be any good lower down, gill has actually been playing down the order eg IPL, different, but still experience down the order.

Both have done well in the current A series.

Shehwar
June 28, 2018, 04:22 PM
Got tickets for the matches against New Zealand, South Africa and Pakistan! :)

cricketnerd
September 22, 2018, 07:02 AM
Cricket world cup 2019 schedule (https://iccworldcupcricket2019.com/full-schedule-icc-cricket-world-cup-2019/) is announced and we will find out in July 2019 that who will win this world cup. Till then chill out and look at the previous world cup winners (https://iccworldcupcricket2019.com/icc-odi-cricket-world-cup-winners-list/). It may give an idea that who can win this world cup. By the way, Australia has won it 5 times. They are weak today but they may bounce back again. Also see who were the winning captains (https://iccworldcupcricket2019.com/cricket-world-cup-winners-captains-list/) of previous world cups.

DinRaat.
September 22, 2018, 07:10 AM
We ain't winning it that's for sure.