PDA

View Full Version : The BC Podcast Thread- By Members of BC Forum

Roey Haque
June 14, 2018, 05:31 PM
Hi guys,

So we finally got it done. Mufi and I chatted for about an hour last Saturday about all things Bangladesh cricket, which is premiering as episode 1 of the BC Podcast. I listen to many podcasts myself, and I absolutely love the unofficial and uninterrupted format of it. So I really wanted to do something similar.

Here it is, but please also do read this whole post for other info!

https://youtu.be/dlHmGlktzlc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dlHmGlktzlc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Writing is the forum is very cool, but there are things that can only be captured in an audio or video format. This is only a prototype, if we have more guests, I am sure things can be changed depending on available expertise and such.

But my mission statement is simple: I want to have a chat every two weeks with a BC member. Or someone else can be the host, and take over the productions for an episode, I don't mind, I want this to be an open source venture where all BC members contribute.

In the description of the video, I added some timestamps for topics that we covered. But true to podcast format, we do jump all over, and there are many subtopics as well. The best thing would be to listen to the whole thing, from start to finish.

Do let me know your thoughts/opinions/advice/suggestions/questions. I would love to have another conversation last week of June with one of you.

There are no real rules except one which is: no personal talk. If it comes out in the chat because it is only natural to bring some stuff up to break the ice, then I will edit it out for the actual podcast that goes public. Other than that if you are a guest:
1) Have Skype
2) Have ear phones (this prevents echo)
3) Try to reduce any background noise ( I did not do such a good job myself in this,left my air condition on, but I am learning!)
4) Just speak from the heart, whatever that comes to mind. But Bd cricket should be the anchor, once you've place that anchor, you can take off in other directions.

And yeah, that's about it.

Thanks and just a note about this podcast. I really enjoyed talking to Mufi! A great cricket brain, and a very cool and calm logical thinker. The dynamics totally change when you are having a conversation over phone and not text. And I for one, I'm always excited at the prospect of getting to know someone better.

I am sure I am leaving some things out. But I will come back to this thread. Let this be the thread for all things BC Podcast.

Thanks

SportingBD
June 14, 2018, 05:47 PM
I will be frank.

Poor and creepy opening music/tone..
Creepy English... it’s like Bangladeshi trying to speak posh English..

Heard 2 minute and lost interest.

Why not talk Bangla?

SportingBD
June 14, 2018, 05:49 PM
Would have been better if you guys spoke Bangla.

So you could express your thoughts and points with confidence and clarity.

aklemalp
June 14, 2018, 06:21 PM
Ah Roey, you finally did it.

Great job getting Mufi on board. I have listened to the first 10 minutes, I love the way that the conversation has been centered around the 'cancer' of the team.

I usually listen to podcasts as I fall asleep( I'm a big Stuff You Should Know podcast listener) will listen to the entirety of it later tonight.

I wanna thank both of you for participating in something that hopefully will elicit conversations around the forum :)

Contrary to what SportingBD believes, the conversation in English was smooth. Roey Haque speaks perfect English with that American flavor. I admire the way Mufi answer questions and gets his point across.

Top notch stuff.

Looking forward for more, and hope this becomes a regular thing

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 07:50 PM
Haven’t listened to much but definitely held my attention, conversation from what I’ve seen so far was nice, it flows (no weird moments or stoppages). I’ll listen more later tonight, currently at work.

DinRaat.
June 14, 2018, 08:20 PM
The music sounded like I was in the Whyild West.

Other than that the rest was okay.

mufi_02
June 14, 2018, 09:08 PM
Thanks Roey for taking this initiative. I really enjoyed talking with him. He seems very different that the regular mushy basher we know. Very intelligent and a die hard fan.

This is our first attempt. So obviously it is flawed. Neither of us ever had any experience doing podcasts. We never spoke before let alone meet each other.

So feel free to critique with an open mind.

And finally apologies for our posh English :D

Roey felt more comfortable with English. He is more fluent in that. While Bangla is my native tongue but I tried to keep up with him and did it in English so that non Bengali speakers like aklemalp/gowza can listen to.

Onek koshte ek ghonta English e kotha koiya dat betha hoiya gese.

mufi_02
June 14, 2018, 09:12 PM
Btw what is creepy English? Yeah I get my vocab and enunciation isn’t perfect but Roey is as native English as there can be. Dude sounds like from Philly.

Some people will always criticize no matter what. It’s just us amateurs doing something we are passionate about which is BD cricket.

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 09:25 PM
Thanks Roey for taking this initiative. I really enjoyed talking with him. He seems very different that the regular mushy basher we know. Very intelligent and a die hard fan.

This is our first attempt. So obviously it is flawed. Neither of us ever had any experience doing podcasts. We never spoke before let alone meet each other.

So feel free to critique with an open mind.

And finally apologies for our posh English :D

Roey felt more comfortable with English. He is more fluent in that. While Bangla is my native tongue but I tried to keep up with him and did it in English so that non Bengali speakers like aklemalp/gowza can listen to.

Onek koshte ek ghonta English e kotha koiya dat betha hoiya gese.

That is appreciated :)

Roey Haque
June 14, 2018, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, it does feel good to know that members appreciate it. This is supposed to be an open source venture after all. In the mean time, I am thinking of doing one more episode at the end of this month. That is the plan for now.

I get the vibe that the music is iffy. Always open to suggestions, but do make sure it is free for commercial use. You are dead on DinRaat, it is a cowboy type sound. I like old western themed beats, so just went along with it. All the accent stuff is hilarious, Mufi and I can try to change a lot of things to make this production better, but at this point of our lives we cannot change accents to please anyone. We understood each other perfectly, I think that is most important.

Thanks again Mufi for doing this, I thought you carried most of the convo. Was super stoked to hear your perspective on things. Will try to get someone else on the mic before July to hear what they are about.

brockley
June 14, 2018, 10:58 PM
Top stuff the first 5 minutes,will listen later.
You never sound what you sound like on radio or the telephone.
I used to be a dj on a community radio station 2AAA in Wagga Wagga.
First thing I noticed.

No criticisms from me.
As to songs their is no much more power than switching a song to airtists awesome.
As to the music,fine,you have 2 have a tune you are rembererd by.So cowboy music.
We were known for our death metal.
:up:

Rinathq
June 15, 2018, 01:04 AM
I msged about this to one of the admins couple years ago with no response. Good to see this happening. We can develop this further in future. And I would love to be part of this sometime :)

tonoy
June 15, 2018, 03:43 AM
Great Initiative guys. I love both your energies. My only suggestion, please continue this. I would love to be part of the next one if there is no one else.

Shadow
June 15, 2018, 03:49 AM
I really enjoyed listening to this Podcast. Great job Roey and Mufi.

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 04:33 AM
Why hang folks for accents? Good job guys. Keep doing more.

Cheers
Siraj

bujhee kom
June 15, 2018, 05:31 AM
Loved it. Great effort and wonderful job, Roey and Mufi!
Want more!

Roey Haque
June 15, 2018, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys.

Even before me reaching out for the next one (as I had some ppl in mind), I see some interest being expressed.That's great! I will message you in your inbox, if we have a finalized a guest, I will announce it here.

Yankees
June 15, 2018, 05:08 PM
Great stuff. Enjoyed it. I like the music too, you should leave that in.

Roey Haque
June 15, 2018, 08:45 PM
^ Thanks! I think I will.

Btw, I am pleased to announce that Rinathq has agreed to be on episode 2! Will probably go down the weekend after this one.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 08:52 PM
you and mufi(if he has the time)should be constant in these podcasts with one bc member every episode

iDumb
June 15, 2018, 09:09 PM
Night wolf has a good idea ... I think 3 ppl makes it excellent . This came out good because mufi can constantly talk .

If they two stay and 3rd guest can always take majority of the talk ... or even two guests ..

Good initiative .

But as always I don't like podcast length ..I prefr short segment but I understand the logic behind an hour one

al Furqaan
June 16, 2018, 03:04 AM
I'm in the works of starting my own podcast, but I'd love to join in on this. Question tho, can we drop F bombs or does this need to be G rated for kids?

Also what happens if money from advertising starts coming in (I think you can ask for sponsors once you hit 1000 downloads per episode which is not much given how many Bangladeshis there are).

cricket_king
June 16, 2018, 08:34 AM
Great initiative. I reckon a regular 20-30 minutes podcast would be ideal.

Roey Haque
June 16, 2018, 10:55 AM
If we do have 3 people on, I would prefer video. Because with two people, it is hard enough to get the timing right, regarding when to begin a sentence and not cut off the other person. With visual cues, it becomes much easier.

Al Furqan, you can drop F bombs on mic, we are not an official BC sanctioned podcast yet. If that happens down the line, then some censorship may be enforced. Right now I like to call this an open source BC members venture.

I am not thinking about money. It is really hard marketing an English podcast about Bangladesh cricket. That being said, if you do it in Bangla, you have a better shot. Mufi and I were also discussing this, how much easier will it be to get views if done in Bangla complete with Bangla video title. I think it definitely should be done at some point.

Rinathq
June 16, 2018, 11:19 AM
Yea I am thinking we can do a video podcast and it has a good chance of going well and getting big in the long run. Right now those talkshows with ex players and their bs gets tons of views. I cant see why this cant get bigger then those since people here actually do better and more accurate analysis then some of those ex players

mufi_02
June 16, 2018, 11:56 AM
I am skeptical about doing video. Just for privacy reasons. I like the relative anonymity that I have now.

Let’s stick with audio for now if possible. I like the idea of a guest each episode. Roey will be the main host. I can be co host and have a guest for next one.

Feedback has been an hour is too long. So let’s do 40 mind and stick to two topics. 20 mins each.

BengaliPagol
June 17, 2018, 03:36 AM
Mufi sounds like Mushfiqur Rahim HAHA. Roey's voice sounds like a radio voice.

Me and G-man are friends in real life. Was wondering if me and him could give this BC podcast thing a crack in person. I already do a podcast so I can just use my mic and stuff so the audio quality will be decent iA.

Rifat
June 17, 2018, 01:54 PM
I can do a podcast after September insha Allah

Roey Haque
June 17, 2018, 06:33 PM
It just occurred to me that editing a video will be tougher as well, because one can easily notice jump cuts. Whereas it is impossible to tell in audio. I think we can stick to audio for the second one as well.

DinRaat.
June 17, 2018, 07:07 PM
Don't change anything, it is good to way it is.

If you try to reinvent the wheel, the entire cart may collapse.

Roey Haque
June 17, 2018, 09:25 PM
Another thing I am noticing is people's interest to be on or host. So after chatting with Rinathq next weekend, I will try to make it a weekly thing instead of doing one every two weeks.

Tonoy,Al Furqan and Rifat has expressed interest. So has BengaliPagol and G-Man. Me and Mufi had agreed to do one again in a month's time. I also wanted to talk to Aklemalp and Yankees down the line.

So I think I'll make a calendar for every weekend after the next one, to slot people in.

iDumb
June 17, 2018, 11:27 PM
Another thing I am noticing is people's interest to be on or host.

you are the brain child of this pod cast. You call the shot. you screen the guest. take suggestions if you like you implement if you don't then dont...

bring a co host some days.. don't other days.. bring random guests one day or just rap the other day...

don't let someone else take over host just becasue they want to. Quality control. Hell you can even have a guest and if you think it was subpar... (which i can gurantee will happen), do another one and cut that one short.. and combine. or not air at all.

my 2 cents.

I will be listening full when it becomes interesting. time is value.

iDumb
June 17, 2018, 11:30 PM
my sister in law was in a radio show once... i tuned in when she got on... turned it off in 2 mins because I couldn't tolerate her boring unoriginal talk. And that's family. You think u gonna be able to hold attention of ppl for more than 1 hour if you don't have interesting ppl? good luck. hoping to see how this becomes in a year time :)

iDumb
June 17, 2018, 11:35 PM
Also what happens if money from advertising starts coming in.

nothing happens. you are a volunteer guest at this point.

Do you get money from this site or posting on fb? it's your data. But they earn off of it. Exactly.

aklemalp
June 21, 2018, 07:15 PM
Sticky this thread.

Take out 'Caption This' thread

Roey Haque
June 21, 2018, 09:23 PM
To address Al Furqaan, the mission statement is not commercial for now. I will consider a new convo every week to be a success, regardless of how many viewers we get. Guests and hosts should come on for the love of it, and for getting things of their chest. There are only so many things you can type here before your fingers start to fall off, and hence speaking on it gives you that chance.

al Furqaan
June 22, 2018, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a solid plan.

You should def have a show before the West Indies tour starts and have one after each Test match.

Shingara
June 25, 2018, 01:36 PM
I would guest star kintu Banglay na hoiley ami nai.

Fazal
June 25, 2018, 03:38 PM
... amra cha arr shingara kheye Shingarar pad cast chunbo.

Roey Haque
June 26, 2018, 09:12 PM
Episode 2 of the podcast is now out! I had a lot of fun talking to Rinathq, takes his cricket very seriously, and drops many gems throughout the conversation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2i4wmY8MY&t=5s

Like last time, I put some timestamps in the description box which helps to demarcate the conversation into chapters.

Thanks again for doing this Rinat

Just a backstory to this episode: Mufi was supposed to join us as well originally on Sat. But I fell asleep ( was going on 2 hours of sleep the night before, so I crashed). Was unable to reschedule with him, but I did get a hold of Rinat on Monday.

Will give it another go this week, Mufi, I and someone else.

My only goal for the moment, as I stated before, is to churn one of these out every week.

aklemalp
June 26, 2018, 09:27 PM
Boom!
2nd episode on the way. Writing this as I'm listening...

I know that Mash is talented, but if you can see he is mostly a new ball bowler (ie, not a death bowler, runs out of gas).

Injury prone Fizz, eh? Fizz should find a good fitness coach or dietician

aklemalp
June 26, 2018, 09:32 PM
"BCB has a huge orgasm for 'bits and pieces' players"- Rinath

Freaking quote of quotes

Gowza
June 26, 2018, 09:54 PM
Enjoyed the 2nd episode so far, 15mins in, have to listen to the rest later.

Rinathq
June 27, 2018, 12:41 AM
had a lot of fun talking with Roey... as Mufi said, he is a completely different animal behind the mic. Thanks a lot for going through the trouble and editing it so fast. But omg I sound like a 12 year old lol!

Rinathq
June 27, 2018, 12:45 AM
Boom!
2nd episode on the way. Writing this as I'm listening...

I know that Mash is talented, but if you can see he is mostly a new ball bowler (ie, not a death bowler, runs out of gas).

Injury prone Fizz, eh? Fizz should find a good fitness coach or dietician

Agreed about Mash. But at this point in his career, thats expected from pretty much any seamer. I still think Mash is a better death over bowler then pretty much everyone other then Fizz.

Shingara
June 27, 2018, 12:24 PM
Banglay na hoiley moja nai :(

Roey Haque
June 27, 2018, 02:20 PM
^ We will do some episodes in Bangla for sure.

aklemalp
June 29, 2018, 07:13 PM
But omg I sound like a 12 year old lol!

nah man. I love the way you deliver those lines. So authentic and subtle in a bad a $s manner.

I would have love if you, roey, and Mufi collaborated on this

SportingBD
June 30, 2018, 07:28 AM
Episode 2 of the podcast is now out! I had a lot of fun talking to Rinathq, takes his cricket very seriously, and drops many gems throughout the conversation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2i4wmY8MY&t=5s

Like last time, I put some timestamps in the description box which helps to demarcate the conversation into chapters.

Thanks again for doing this Rinat

Just a backstory to this episode: Mufi was supposed to join us as well originally on Sat. But I fell asleep ( was going on 2 hours of sleep the night before, so I crashed). Was unable to reschedule with him, but I did get a hold of Rinat on Monday.

Will give it another go this week, Mufi, I and someone else.

My only goal for the moment, as I stated before, is to churn one of these out every week.

Listen to this.

https://banglacricket.podbean.com/e/episode-8-bangladesh-women-win-the-asia-cup/

This is how you do a good podcast. Clarity in speech! Smooth!

You feel engaged listening..

Vahroone
June 30, 2018, 08:35 AM
pls delete

aklemalp
June 30, 2018, 09:02 AM
Listen to this.

https://banglacricket.podbean.com/e/episode-8-bangladesh-women-win-the-asia-cup/

This is how you do a good podcast. Clarity in speech! Smooth!

You feel engaged listening..

Thank you for sharing this, but I like our Roey's better. He's our very own! Who is this Roushan Alam? Is he a member of BC?

I feel more engaged listening to our Rinathq and Roey.:wave:

Roey Haque
June 30, 2018, 03:36 PM
So, I am actually aware of that podcast. They clearly have better equipment and better editing without a doubt. However, we cover way more topics and the stuff that comes out is more interesting and opinionated.

Roushan Alam is great at what he does, but he is a journalist at best. He reports all the recent events, while we explore and try to digest what is happening. Two different products. Anyway, I will try to be more clear. Do we need an intro like Raushan introduces his guest? I prefer just jumping right to it. I think it will be weird me doing an intro, creates a kind of separation between the host and guest. I do not want that, ideally, I want it to be a platform where we both can ask each other questions and get stuff off our mind.

I appreciate the love Aklemalp.

Gowza
June 30, 2018, 06:51 PM
I feel engaged with the current format, enjoyed both episodes.

Rinathq
July 2, 2018, 09:18 PM
Thanks Aklemalp and Gowza for the encouragement! Hope to see u guys onboard at some point :D

Roey Haque
July 20, 2018, 06:45 PM
3rd Episode of the BC Podcast is now out! Please see the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442mQdJwEeE&feature=youtu.be

I had previously wanted to do one every week, but I realize now that is now almost impossible, unless we could rotate hosts. Which we just might, but we are thinking about other ideas as well such as Bangla episodes and going video from audio.So a lot to think about, the wheels are turning, will have to make some big decisions soon.

This was an extra long podcast, I and Mufi start, Rinat joins a bit later.There were some echo problems after a certain point (should have done a quality check once it was 3 people,but will learn from this) But I didn't want to cut anything honestly, because the conversations are just great. We don't have a script, we shoot from the hip. Had a great talk with Mufi and Rinat. They know so much about cricket, honestly we could do many more of these between ourselves, but we need new guests.

Ringo and Tonoy were the first ones to express interest, but have gone awol in our communication. Probably really busy, please do get back to me guys when you see this. In the mean time, I will respond to the next wave of guys who had expressed interest.

al Furqaan
July 20, 2018, 09:39 PM
Just tuned in. Didn't realize Roey has an American accent! We ought to get cricman and Rommel in on a podcast episode as well, haha.

Rinathq
July 20, 2018, 10:18 PM
O Lord.. i can't even understand what I said...

Roey Haque
July 21, 2018, 12:51 AM
Just tuned in. Didn't realize Roey has an American accent! We ought to get cricman and Rommel in on a podcast episode as well, haha.

Why not you? You are quite the character. Owner of one of the most ironic avatars ever! And of course the NYC connection helps. Anyone from NYC, I feel like I can jive with.

al Furqaan
July 22, 2018, 12:06 AM
Why not you? You are quite the character. Owner of one of the most ironic avatars ever! And of course the NYC connection helps. Anyone from NYC, I feel like I can jive with.

Yeah I'm down. When its my turn, just let me know a few days in advance and I can join you guys.

I'm actually no longer in NYC. Are you a New Yorker?

iDumb
July 22, 2018, 02:10 AM
3rd Episode of the BC Podcast is now out! Please see the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442mQdJwEeE&feature=youtu.be

n.

There were some echo problems after a certain point (should have done a quality check once it was 3 people,but will learn from this) But I didn't want to cut anything honestly, because the conversations are just great. .

you should cut. the echo is ridiculous. you can do it over. Sounds like you guys need help from the cave boys lol.

quality over quantity always.

can you get a girl from this site for your next one. Make this **** interesting bro.
make one with one of the mollahs from this site... they will make it interesting. U support trump but you sound like a liberal hippie Roey. Get some controversial ****.

talk about nasir hossains sex tape...

so many things.

iDumb
July 22, 2018, 02:12 AM
Yeah I'm down. When its my turn, just let me know a few days in advance and I can join you guys.

I

Give him some topic ahead so he knows what to talk about... when al furqan is on, invite an Indian fan from this site also. Make it INTERESTING. I wanna hear some fights... 3 ppl and no fight??

Part of being a good host is not only about good accents it's also about getting that edgy response from your guest...make their balls sweat.

iDumb
July 22, 2018, 02:27 AM
Rinat just listened to portion of 2nd podcast. you make some good points. i like it.

Vahroone
July 22, 2018, 05:18 AM
Having just heard all 3 podcasts back to back, I congratulate you for the effort in recording them and putting them together. Well done.

al Furqaan
July 22, 2018, 12:56 PM
I'm finally listening to the first podcast. I like Roey's "we'll get them back next time" re: Afghanistan!

I agree with Mufi on the issues of Mushy's so called immaturity. He's just a bit obnoxious, he's not immature. Mushy has the best work ethic on the team.

Roey Haque
July 24, 2018, 12:29 PM
you should cut. the echo is ridiculous. you can do it over. Sounds like you guys need help from the cave boys lol.

quality over quantity always.

can you get a girl from this site for your next one. Make this **** interesting bro.
make one with one of the mollahs from this site... they will make it interesting. U support trump but you sound like a liberal hippie Roey. Get some controversial ****.

talk about nasir hossains sex tape...

so many things.

Thanks man,and thanks for listening. I am taking it all in. Main thing should be continuity, let's keep this going. I will try to listen to all your suggestions, piece by piece.

Roey Haque
July 24, 2018, 12:31 PM

I'm actually no longer in NYC. Are you a New Yorker?

Not anymore! Same as you. I will def let you know.

Roey Haque
July 24, 2018, 12:33 PM
Having just heard all 3 podcasts back to back, I congratulate you for the effort in recording them and putting them together. Well done.

Thank you for listening!

Roey Haque
July 24, 2018, 12:40 PM
The 4th (and 1st Bangla) episode is now up! Check it out below. We wanted to do one in Bangla, and so here it is. This is all about the 1st ODI that just happened. Sorry in advance to our English listeners. As of this point, we are doing this whole thing completely out of passion only. I am keeping note of all your feedback, and will gradually try to make use of them. For now, the goal is to have continuity. Which is hard enough, trust me. But I want to keep this going. As long as we have a product, we can change it. If we stop making the product, there is no discussion to be had.

Thanks guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pOdwMygcgg

iDumb
July 24, 2018, 01:37 PM
The 4th (and 1st Bangla) episode is now up! Check it out below.

this was actually surprisingly better. I think you guys are more eloquent in Bangla and can get your thoughts across better. Sound quality still poor Roey. But I like it. Some disagreements. More engaging thumbs. Rinat bhai sounds like a rongbaz lol.

maybe others will feel differently.

this is the podcast i heard the longest.

Rifat_02
July 24, 2018, 01:45 PM
Interesting to hear, just please improve the sound that is a must, everything else is fine. Doing both English and Bangla Episodes is good

SportingBD
July 24, 2018, 03:14 PM
The 4th (and 1st Bangla) episode is now up! Check it out below. We wanted to do one in Bangla, and so here it is. This is all about the 1st ODI that just happened. Sorry in advance to our English listeners. As of this point, we are doing this whole thing completely out of passion only. I am keeping note of all your feedback, and will gradually try to make use of them. For now, the goal is to have continuity. Which is hard enough, trust me. But I want to keep this going. As long as we have a product, we can change it. If we stop making the product, there is no discussion to be had.

Thanks guys!

There was smooth flow to the podcast in the first 2 minute. I was thinking to continue listening, but stopped when echoing sound started. Extremely disturbing, the sound. I think the Bangla podcast (without the bad sound quality will be nice).

Rinathq
July 24, 2018, 03:53 PM
Rinat just listened to portion of 2nd podcast. you make some good points. i like it.

this was actually surprisingly better. I think you guys are more eloquent in Bangla and can get your thoughts across better. Sound quality still poor Roey. But I like it. Some disagreements. More engaging thumbs. Rinat bhai sounds like a rongbaz lol.

maybe others will feel differently.

this is the podcast i heard the longest.

hahaha thanks mate! And i will forcefully take "rongbaz" as a compliment E-)

Rinathq
July 24, 2018, 03:54 PM
Interesting to hear, just please improve the sound that is a must, everything else is fine. Doing both English and Bangla Episodes is good

There was smooth flow to the podcast in the first 2 minute. I was thinking to continue listening, but stopped when echoing sound started. Extremely disturbing, the sound. I think the Bangla podcast (without the bad sound quality will be nice).

yea we are working on the audio. if you guys have any software you guys recommend for skype recording please suggest us!

al Furqaan
July 24, 2018, 08:47 PM
Roey. I am working on a cricket podcast myself, I just got a Samson mic...that thing is money. I splurged and got the $120 G track Pro. Its actually fairly simply to use, looks great (if you youtube), and the kicker, has its own stand. Superb quality.

But they got a Samson mic that is supposed to be good for beginner/non-professional podcasters that retails for 70$.

Samson is the brand to go with for mics from what I have gathered on the internet.

DinRaat.
July 24, 2018, 08:52 PM
Since we got podcasts,who is gonna start a BC Vlog.

iDumb
July 24, 2018, 10:02 PM
I just got a Samson mic...

Royes end of audio was fine. ECHO was coming from the other end. There has to be some sort of software that would record each from each of their own microphone and combine the podcast instead of it being recorded from the host computer after sound is being transferred via some dodgy connection?

NOt my field of expertise.. maybe cave guys can help..

ToBeFair
July 24, 2018, 11:12 PM
Roey. I am working on a cricket podcast myself, I just got a Samson mic...that thing is money. I splurged and got the $120 G track Pro. Its actually fairly simply to use, looks great (if you youtube), and the kicker, has its own stand. Superb quality.

But they got a Samson mic that is supposed to be good for beginner/non-professional podcasters that retails for 70$.

Samson is the brand to go with for mics from what I have gathered on the internet.

I recently purchased sennheiser e835 along with Yamaha mg10XU. Very happy with the sound quality. :)

zman
July 27, 2018, 09:37 AM
Keep up the good work guys. Listening to these podcasts is more enjoyable than watching the games these days :)

Roey Haque
July 27, 2018, 03:06 PM
Thanks Z man,

We could manage enough time for a short one this time around. Calling it a minisode as it's 10 minutes. Strictly about the the line up for the series decider and expectations. Please find the link below. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_8c91XrY8&feature=youtu.be

Roey Haque
August 7, 2018, 01:01 PM
All right, the 5th episode of the BC Podcast is now posted!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TkaoRYVoo-0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had a blast chatting with I am Ringo. His take on cricket is amazing, and he does not hold his tongue when it comes to expressing his views. Very interesting guy, and I want him on again very soon to tackle new subjects.

Currently, we are discussing some major changes to the format, presentation and production. So expect to see some new things, but as always continuation is a key, and I am really happy I am Ringo could join me this week. Thanks again for doing this, and thanks to all listeners for supporting. Our learning curve is slow, but we enjoy doing it honestly. Great to connect with any member, and we hope to have more guests soon.

We have decided on Mufi, Rinat and I being the regular format, with new guests on, whenever we can schedule some time with them.

Thanks!

al Furqaan
August 7, 2018, 04:26 PM
OK so Ringo has an American accent too. Where and how are all these US-Canada born/raised bengali kids getting into cricket? Seriously, I thought I was the only wannabe-FOB. LOL.

#mindblown

Sounds like an interesting chat...will finish listening and still have to catch up the first 4 episodes.

Rinathq
August 7, 2018, 06:14 PM
Can't wait to hear it

al Furqaan
August 7, 2018, 06:36 PM
Enjoyable episode so far. I'm just over halfway through.

SportingBD
August 8, 2018, 05:54 AM
5th. The best out of all of them.
That guy is very thoughtful with his views/opinion.

Really enjoyed listening to him.

Big improvement overall.

Roey Haque
August 14, 2018, 01:09 PM
Thanks man^

Roey Haque
August 14, 2018, 01:15 PM
Fellow BC Members,

The 6th episode of the BC podcast is now out! Please see link below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/deVhgqDm5uc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We discuss the recently concluded T20 series vs WI. Oh, did I mention, this is the first video podcast. We intend on keeping it this way, because it helps the conversation flow better and creates better bonding between hosts and guests. We are absolutely doing it out of love still, no marketing plan as of yet. It is therapeutic to talk about things that would have taken you too long to type, and express your feelings in words instead of text only.

Thanks again for the support, and we appreciate every listen. Want to chat to everybody in the forum down the line. In talks with Aklemalp currently, and after that want to bring Al Furqan on. Will have to bring I am Ringo back as well, given that he was such a popular guest, I doubt if he knows it since he doesn't come on here as much.

aklemalp
August 14, 2018, 01:53 PM
Listened to the first 10 minutes...will continue later today.

Just my thoughts on the topic being discussed:

* this is indeed one of BD's most strongest squads in T20 cricket. To have it settled, you need to bring in those T20 specialists who have performed in domestic competition(this is the only Guage you have now).

* I honestly don't think Windies players are even serious about the T20 cricket. They go and hit from ball one...if it pays off, then good. They need a grafter. Samuels is that guy. Also, I want to see Rovman Powell getting in more early...preferably at number 3. Denesh Ramdin can open with Evin Lewis or Andre Fletcher. Our bowling is piss poor. Still early days yet, the thing is the guys come and go...they hardly have any time to assimilate as a team. I wouldn't mind having Jason Holder as our T20 captain. Ricky is too timid.

al Furqaan
August 14, 2018, 02:33 PM
Fellow BC Members,

The 6th episode of the BC podcast is now out! Please see link below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/deVhgqDm5uc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We discuss the recently concluded T20 series vs WI. Oh, did I mention, this is the first video podcast. We intend on keeping it this way, because it helps the conversation flow better and creates better bonding between hosts and guests. We are absolutely doing it out of love still, no marketing plan as of yet. It is therapeutic to talk about things that would have taken you too long to type, and express your feelings in words instead of text only.

Thanks again for the support, and we appreciate every listen. Want to chat to everybody in the forum down the line. In talks with Aklemalp currently, and after that want to bring Al Furqan on. Will have to bring I am Ringo back as well, given that he was such a popular guest, I doubt if he knows it since he doesn't come on here as much.

Just let me know a few days in advance so I can get a shape up, lol. Don't wanna look jongli.

aklemalp
August 14, 2018, 03:06 PM
@Rinathq, are those prescription glasses? They look cool. Almost hippie-esque :D

Shingara
August 14, 2018, 03:56 PM
Audio valo silo, video valo laglo na.
Ekhono Banglay addar dowater jonno opekhkha korchi

iDumb
August 14, 2018, 07:37 PM
you guys fixed the audio.. good job. Roye is one competetive guy i like it... he feels the pressure form furqan and upped his game with video..

Ekta maiya dorkar bhaijaan ra.

rinat bhai cup e ki coke chilo naki mod chilo bhai.. buzhte pari nai.

Rinathq
August 14, 2018, 11:46 PM
@Rinathq, are those prescription glasses? They look cool. Almost hippie-esque :D

ya man prescription glasses... and thanks! I have received all great reviews of this one so far :D

Rinathq
August 14, 2018, 11:46 PM
you guys fixed the audio.. good job. Roye is one competetive guy i like it... he feels the pressure form furqan and upped his game with video..

Ekta maiya dorkar bhaijaan ra.

rinat bhai cup e ki coke chilo naki mod chilo bhai.. buzhte pari nai.

mod either aro boro glassey khay nahoy aro choto E-)

Roey Haque
August 15, 2018, 07:22 AM
Audio valo silo, video valo laglo na.
Ekhono Banglay addar dowater jonno opekhkha korchi

I sent you an invite. Check your inbox. That same night, we also did a Bangla episode about the upcoming Asia cup, very brisk and light about our thoughts leading up to the cup, not in depth squad analysis. Will release that one shortly.

So we would have put out 7 videos. 2 of them in Bangla. And that is a ratio that we plan to stick to. So for our next Bangla episode, I will try to coordinate it in a way that you are on.

Thanks for listening! What in particular did you not like about the video? I agree it would be better if we all had high resolution webcams or cell front cams. But we are not going back to audio only, because video is so much more engaging and helps with the flow.

Gowza
August 15, 2018, 09:01 PM
I haven’t watched the entirety of the recent podcast but I prefer the length, previous episodes whilst enjoyable were just a bit long, not that they weren’t interesting. But finding the time to watch an hour+ is harder than finding 30-40 minutes.

Rinathq
August 16, 2018, 01:55 AM
I haven’t watched the entirety of the recent podcast but I prefer the length, previous episodes whilst enjoyable were just a bit long, not that they weren’t interesting. But finding the time to watch an hour+ is harder than finding 30-40 minutes.

we are trying to keep it within 25-30mins length. less topics, more specific stuff. That will be tough with guest speakers but we will try to maintain duration on regular episodes.

al Furqaan
August 16, 2018, 02:58 PM
we are trying to keep it within 25-30mins length. less topics, more specific stuff. That will be tough with guest speakers but we will try to maintain duration on regular episodes.

Its gonna be hard with 3 people to keep it to just 30 mins. Thats only 10 mins speaking time per person.

I was listening to a sports podcast the other day (I forget the name) and it was just over 1 hour long and he does episodes frequently.

Rinathq
August 16, 2018, 11:41 PM
Its gonna be hard with 3 people to keep it to just 30 mins. Thats only 10 mins speaking time per person.

I was listening to a sports podcast the other day (I forget the name) and it was just over 1 hour long and he does episodes frequently.

with guest speakers it will still be an hour long. But so far, me, Mufi and Roey are getting better at syncing with each other and we aim to cover a very specific topic in each episode rather then a wide range of things. I think this will encourage a lot of people to listen.. specially when the length isnt too long

Roey Haque
August 20, 2018, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Episode 7 is now out. It is in Bangla. It is a very brisk discussion on the upcoming Asia Cup. You can call it our initial reaction without knowing the squads of all the sides that are involved. Always a pleasure chatting to Mufi and Rinat. The Flexman Al Furquan himself will be joining us this weekend hopefully. Could not schedule the one with Aklemalp yet, but hoping to do so. If not this week, than soon enough.

Thanks guys! We have a lot of fun on these things, hope to have many many more conversations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WO_DgDGfQP0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

al Furqaan
August 21, 2018, 12:40 AM
Looking forward to chatting with Roey and the boys.

Rinathq
August 21, 2018, 12:53 AM
Looking forward to chatting with Roey and the boys.

Only problem is, we (specially me) will sound like a newborn compared to you

iDumb
August 21, 2018, 12:58 AM

Why? I think you are fine and eloquent more so in bangla. I am looking forward to listening to Al furqan too. His overly confident outlandish statement makes me chuckle. this will be fun.

al Furqaan
August 21, 2018, 06:52 PM

Why? Age or tone? Lol.

Orphy I am the Sean Hannity of BC...bombastic! :lol:

Rinathq
August 23, 2018, 12:15 AM
Why? Age or tone? Lol.

Orphy I am the Sean Hannity of BC...bombastic! :lol:

seems like both age and tone... jokes apart we look forward to chatting with u

Rinathq
August 23, 2018, 12:15 AM
Why? I think you are fine and eloquent more so in bangla. I am looking forward to listening to Al furqan too. His overly confident outlandish statement makes me chuckle. this will be fun.

thanks sir.. do subscribe :D

Nafi
August 24, 2018, 04:25 PM
Why the switch to Bangla

Roey Haque
August 24, 2018, 05:38 PM
^ Not a permanent switch. Will make a Bangla episode every 3 English episodes or so. Just wanted to test out the waters in the Bd market. A massive segment of cricket watchers in Bd do not speak a lick of English after all.

Rinathq
August 26, 2018, 12:27 AM
Had an amazing conversation with Al Furqaan.... Some of you guys will like this!

al Furqaan
August 26, 2018, 03:12 AM
Had an amazing conversation with Al Furqaan.... Some of you guys will like this!

It was a pleasure speaking with you, Mufi, and Roey. Roey in particular does a terrific job of posing questions to the guests in a very well balanced and measured manner.

Look forward to more chats!

Roey Haque
August 29, 2018, 06:31 PM
^Thanks man. Yeah, for sure. Our episode is about to go live in 12 mins if what YouTube shows is correct. Can never trust technology. The reason I could not upload yesterday was I was using a different PC in the lab, which was showing an upload time of over 2 hours, and I needed to head home! Same internet speed, but using a different PC today, and it would have taken our 20 GB pod around 30 mins all together to upload. So not so bad.

Roey Haque
August 29, 2018, 06:49 PM
Aaaaand it is up! Please see link below, the 8th Episode of the BC Podcast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KEHViKNURzQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I found Al Furqaan to be extremely well researched and analytic on Bangladesh cricket. He definitely needs more outlets besides his own podcast the Cricket Cast, and I plan to bring him back very soon. This was also a 4 person podcast! So a lot of fun with all these different personalities on one platform.

Overall, I really enjoyed ( and it was same feedback from Mufi and Rinat) talking to Al Furqaan. Once you meet a person over video (and not just text), a lot changes and you get to understand what they are really about. And having said, we need more guests, so please message me if you want to be on, or I will keep trying to reach you guys as I do.

Had scheduled a Bangla one with Shingara this weekend, but cannot make it happen due to last minute schedule changes on our part.

Also,I, Mufi and Rinat have decided to take a short break until we get very close to the Asia Cup and all squads have been announced, when we will do the 9th episode.

Thanks guys!!!

aklemalp
August 29, 2018, 07:03 PM
This one's long :lol:

Missed out on the timestamps

Roey Haque
August 29, 2018, 08:52 PM
^ Yes, haha. No more timestamps. Was taking too much of my time. But instead, I am thinking of cutting all these up, and uploading segments no more than 10 mins each, with titles that match exactly the topic discussed in those 10 mins.

Btw, you were supposed to be on. I guess you got busy with CPL and that fantasy league tourney. Do let me know when you can make some time. Maybe you could come on the pre asia cup one?

Gowza
August 29, 2018, 09:32 PM
Almost 30 mins in, I’d say groom afif as shakibs long term replacement, mehedi also and hopefully one of the two come through and develop enough to fill that void. Reality is there prob isn’t a like for like replacement for shakib, team dynamic will have to be rearranged to fill the void left.

al Furqaan
August 29, 2018, 10:50 PM
Once again thanks to Roey for inviting me on. Was a pleasure to chat with like-minded folk about BD cricket - first time I've ever done so!

DinRaat.
August 30, 2018, 05:50 AM
Is that Al Furqaans deep accent , sweet narrate my life bro.

Looking slick Roey.

Zeeshan
August 30, 2018, 06:34 AM
I just clicked on it. Damn Asaad ooozes sex appeal. LOL!!

Zeeshan
August 30, 2018, 06:37 AM
Achaa Roey ki mix of 50 cent and Ice Cube?

Zeeshan
August 30, 2018, 06:39 AM
Why the f*** don't we make AF a commentator already? Do we REALLY have to put up with those two stooges? Seriously, someone please take the damn initiative.

Zeeshan
August 30, 2018, 06:40 AM
^ Yes, haha. No more timestamps. Was taking too much of my time. But instead, I am thinking of cutting all these up, and uploading segments no more than 10 mins each, with titles that match exactly the topic discussed in those 10 mins.

Btw, you were supposed to be on. I guess you got busy with CPL and that fantasy league tourney. Do let me know when you can make some time. Maybe you could come on the pre asia cup one?

Do it like Joe Rogan. And have both the longer segment and short clips.

Zeeshan
August 30, 2018, 06:42 AM

LOL same here. When I am nervous, I stutter and my thick accent comes up. I actually once got grilled my a member for having a fake 'n fobby American accent. Hahahahaha. :-]

Zeeshan
August 30, 2018, 06:56 AM
Okay 6 minutes in my final thoughts. It was a GREAT and FANTASTIC initiative. I know it's your podcast guys but I wouldn't necessarily want to listen to 1 and half hour of pure analysis. As I mentioned in ICC's page, cricket has all of a sudden became a geek fest where we microanalyze to the extent of if someone is a good player of top spin off back foot or not and sh--s like that.

(Not a slight to anyone here.)

Sure Anamul doesn't have a great footwork. But is that really a big problem guys? It's not the end of the world.

Breaking down a beautiful, fluid choreographical kinesthetic masterpiece into grammatical parts, atomic memes and building block - in my opinion- doesn't necessarily elevate a game and is not a credit.

I understand many of the BC members are armchair intellectuals and always approach the game from the stand point of solving a calculus problem, but for the majority of mass won't stick to it as if analyzing it like writing a dissertation.

I know I wrote a critique that kinda went against the grain instead of appeasement. But one thing is true, I can listen to Asaad all day long. LOL

Even when he reads off phone book.

DinRaat.
August 30, 2018, 07:09 AM
You should of chosen a career in commentary not medicine

aklemalp
August 30, 2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Miraz bats like a #11 batsman

He's not batted a lot in ODIs
5 innings

91 runs..that one half-century.

Conclusion: He is not a rabbit with the bat. Not a Chris Martin by any stretch of the imagination :D

al Furqaan
August 30, 2018, 12:13 PM
You should of chosen a career in commentary not medicine

Well I'm not actually practicing medicine if that makes more sense.

Roey Haque
August 30, 2018, 03:48 PM
RE: Miraz bats like a #11 batsman

He's not batted a lot in ODIs
5 innings

91 runs..that one half-century.

Conclusion: He is not a rabbit with the bat. Not a Chris Martin by any stretch of the imagination :D

You are right in that everyone deserves more opportunities to showcase what they got once they have made it in. Just that he doesn't pass the eye test quite yet. Seems like a very nervous slasher. Not the assured under 19 captain batsman he was.

Roey Haque
August 30, 2018, 03:59 PM
Almost 30 mins in, I’d say groom afif as shakibs long term replacement, mehedi also and hopefully one of the two come through and develop enough to fill that void. Reality is there prob isn’t a like for like replacement for shakib, team dynamic will have to be rearranged to fill the void left.

Right. It has to be another all rounder. Or two all rounders. Because, we are down on our luck on finding a good spinner. I see absolutely no one on the horizon. I am not a fan of Apu, I've made that well known.

Also, Rinat touched on ownership in the podcast. I think this is crucial. Other teams are settling in fast. Because youngins come in with the mentality of staking a spot for themselves. Liton, Mossadek and Miraz have now been in the team for a short while. This Asia cup has to be their revelation series, where they can seal their spot with commanding performances, and then we can say we are settling in as well.

Roey Haque
August 30, 2018, 04:09 PM
Okay 6 minutes in my final thoughts. It was a GREAT and FANTASTIC initiative. I know it's your podcast guys but I wouldn't necessarily want to listen to 1 and half hour of pure analysis. As I mentioned in ICC's page, cricket has all of a sudden became a geek fest where we microanalyze to the extent of if someone is a good player of top spin off back foot or not and sh--s like that.

(Not a slight to anyone here.)

Sure Anamul doesn't have a great footwork. But is that really a big problem guys? It's not the end of the world.

Breaking down a beautiful, fluid choreographical kinesthetic masterpiece into grammatical parts, atomic memes and building block - in my opinion- doesn't necessarily elevate a game and is not a credit.

I understand many of the BC members are armchair intellectuals and always approach the game from the stand point of solving a calculus problem, but for the majority of mass won't stick to it as if analyzing it like writing a dissertation.

Appreciate you tuning in Zee. And thanks for the advice. It is not all technical you know, especially when I speak, I always try to bring the grand narrative, bigger picture, cultural, strategic issues into it. But proper technical analysis a la Rinat and Al Furqan are also very important. Rinat still plays cricket on the regular, so telling him not to be analytic is limiting him imo. Ultimately, it is a platform to express yourself and have fun. We will never tell a person to change themselves to fit in.

About the timing thing, yeah, that's why I want to introduce the segment thing, a la JRE, so we have the freedom to talk as we please without any restrictions, and not be burdened by time, but also we can later chop it up into pieces, and title it exactly what was being talked about on screen.

Will require more of my time during editing, but I really want to do it. Because "too long" has been the most consistent complaint from listeners.

Thanks again for tuning in!

aklemalp
August 30, 2018, 04:27 PM
You are right in that everyone deserves more opportunities to showcase what they got once they have made it in. Just that he doesn't pass the eye test quite yet. Seems like a very nervous slasher. Not the assured under 19 captain batsman he was.
I have watched most of his batting in tests. I have to admit that he has waned a little in his batting prowess since under-19 days compared to a guy like Shimron Hetmyer (I know, I know, he's a pure batsman) who has improved leaps and bounds in his batting.

I think Miraz has turned turned primarily into a bowler. I don'tsee him 'improving' as a batsman.

You need twenty wickets to win a test match...Miraz is on that.

Zeeshan
August 31, 2018, 04:28 AM
I know I can be incisive at times but in general the armchair BC crowd thinks 'oh oh if you tweak your bowling action or batting action or say, just go around the wicket or something or bowl at some slot' then suddenly all of a sudden you will get bucket loads of runs and wickets.

Cricket doesn't work that way.

Cricket is more than some kinda 'hack' or a puzzle that you intellectually 'figure it out' and if, should and would you do then all of a sudden like casino jackpot it will eke out results.

Cricket has much more to do with analyzing if Tamim is strong on the off or on side or as I ranted on ICC page if someone is tryna develop niche market of playing off-spin (was it?) off back foot. Really? Suddenly if you specialize in playing off-spin off back foot like writing a masterly dissertation on the newels of bannisters of say 13th century Gothic architecture, all of a sudden he will bring bucket-loads of win?

Again it is nothing to do with my critique of members' views. But heck even one of my favorite commentator like Nasser Hussain overanalyzes the game. Ian Bishop doesn't. So as I wrote in ICC post cricket used to be a game of adrenaline rush - if not a simple primal bat and ball game- and we have made into a 'nuanced' sport via geekfestery.

Mental toughness, fitness, ability to strategize and think on your feet, body language etc plays far far far far far more important role than 'oh if he only did so-and-so, we'd be having so much win 'ykn'.

Yeah. I am sure that was the piece that was missing. You got me dude. :rolleyes:

Only exception I'd say where BC got it right is running between the wickets. Yeah that was a problem and we are making progress of playing less dot balls.

Then again most people who majors in chemistry, physics, maths, computer science, biology has this uber-analytical tendency (note: I did NOT say nerd...I did NOT :P) to break down a game.

I mean imagine if someone did the same in Tour de France or Michael Phelps: "Oh I just love how the rotary motion of the pistons of the jambs make synchronized motion to take the agent from point A to B'.

iDumb
August 31, 2018, 05:16 AM
Listened to half hr of that al farqun guest pod . Stopped for not lack of interest but time . There was a very good flow and felt like a real podcast . God job u 4.

iDumb
August 31, 2018, 08:25 AM
Lisstening to rest now. Kudos to al furqan. I think ur presence is making me listen. quality went up few notches. Very composed thoughts :up:

iDumb
August 31, 2018, 08:34 AM
Roey, instead of naming ur podcasts with numbers.. u may title them with the topics discussed for more views..then ppl may let's say search mushfique in youtube and discover u... but now ur traffic is all coming from here

Just a thought. This was clearly ur best one yet imo.

al Furqaan
August 31, 2018, 11:18 AM
Lisstening to rest now. Kudos to al furqan. I think ur presence is making me listen. quality went up few notches. Very composed thoughts :up:

Rinat, Mufi, and especially Roey make it easy. They gel well together and because they segue back and forth with each other so seamlessly, it makes it much easier for a guest to enter the fray without feeling like he's disrupting or diluting the content. So kudos to those 3 for being synergistic. They have flowed well from the very first episode (granted I think it was just Roey and Mufi back then).

Roey Haque
August 31, 2018, 02:04 PM
Roey, instead of naming ur podcasts with numbers.. u may title them with the topics discussed for more views..then ppl may let's say search mushfique in youtube and discover u... but now ur traffic is all coming from here

Just a thought. This was clearly ur best one yet imo.

Hey, I appreciate your listens and your support in this.Thanks. And yes, that is in the works, shorter 10 min segments cut from the original long version,with titles matching what is being talked about in those 10 mins. Will be more work for me, but you reap exactly what you sow. And I want to work more to get more.

Roey Haque
September 4, 2018, 11:59 AM
We are going to rebrand our podcast very soon. We've got a name and logo on the works already, I need your help on selecting a background image and opening intro, and any other miscellaneous ideas. Hope to benefit from the wisdom of the crowd. Please pitch! Thanks in advance.

Roey Haque
September 13, 2018, 09:21 PM
Hello everyone,

The 9th episode is now out! Please check it out. We had fun as always. So much more work to do, but we will keep making these knowing that someone out there might give it a listen, and appreciate the long format discussions on this storied national franchise that is The Tigers! But yes, with more time in my hands, I will splice these and try to get more value out of it perhaps. But in the mean time, we continue to have fun. We probably would have had the exact same conversation which would take us forever to write on here, only that I am uploading the end result on top of that.

I try to remember every feedback, will act on them more and more with each episode.

Oh, and we came to a decision to rebrand. It is now The Yorker!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ClbdNrXj8i0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

al Furqaan
September 13, 2018, 09:31 PM
Since the episodes are 1x a week or every 10 days...you can splice them into like 3-5 mini episodes and release em throughout the week. Might be worth the work.

naim519
September 13, 2018, 09:42 PM
podcast looks good

Zeeshan
September 13, 2018, 10:21 PM
Absolutely brilliant! This is exactly what young generation was meant to do and channel positive energy instead of drugs and guns. Bravo.

Rinathq
September 14, 2018, 12:13 AM
thanks Zeeshan... and we highly encourage everyone to watch the episode :D

and our asia cup episodes will be short going forward

Zeeshan
September 14, 2018, 12:27 AM
thanks Zeeshan... and we highly encourage everyone to watch the episode :D

and our asia cup episodes will be short going forward

Yes didn't watch it full. Ran out of patience and not because of the terrific quality. Guess as someone wrote, needuh splice it up a bit. :)

Zeeshan
September 15, 2018, 04:57 PM
Roey Haque, where is match report? Whither match report? Reaction?

Do your own 20 minute view at least.

If you can't keep up with us, we have to let you go.

zman
September 15, 2018, 05:27 PM
uh oh is that the sound of the gauntlet being thrown down! lol

btw the formatting changes in the most recent episode makes it even more enjoyable to watch!

Roey Haque
September 15, 2018, 10:00 PM
Appreciate it man. Yeah, aiming to do one tomorrow. Wanted to do an ad hoc one today, but didn't work out in the end.

al Furqaan
September 15, 2018, 11:06 PM
I'm digging the rebranded soundtrack.

naim519
September 16, 2018, 03:52 PM
I want you guys to talk about these question:
What would have happened if Tamim had gotten more injured trying to face that one ball? Or what would have happened if he had gotten out? How would the fans react? Would it be the same?

Appreciate it man. Yeah, aiming to do one tomorrow. Wanted to do an ad hoc one today, but didn't work out in the end.

Roey Haque
September 17, 2018, 07:37 PM
^ Great question man. Really well thought out, me and the guys take stab at it, in our tenth episode, which is now out!

Please check it out.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ua1YXBZVGXY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zeeshan
September 17, 2018, 08:17 PM
Nice to see all of you guys are laughing once again! That's after all the whole point is in BC and all which we all too often forget in heat. :) :up:

Zeeshan
September 17, 2018, 08:30 PM
Looking good Rinat! Looks like you are breaking through 'jorota'. We all have same problems! :)

Rinathq
September 17, 2018, 08:51 PM
Looking good Rinat! Looks like you are breaking through 'jorota'. We all have same problems! :)

yo have been confusing my politeness with jorota all along eh E-)

naim519
September 17, 2018, 09:59 PM
Thank you for answering my question. Great episode, great analysis.

Tamim took our standards and raised it even higher. It will def ripple into the future kids who want to make an impact.

^ Great question man. Really well thought out, me and the guys take stab at it, in our tenth episode, which is now out!

Please check it out.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ua1YXBZVGXY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

al Furqaan
September 18, 2018, 06:04 PM
Yo Roey, def get me on for one your Asia Cup episodes...if possible I prefer something after the Afghanistan game. Let me know here on BC if your guest spot is open, cuz I'm never on skype.

Roey Haque
September 19, 2018, 03:39 PM
^ Inbox me your number.

Roey Haque
September 19, 2018, 11:19 PM
The 11th episode of The Yorker is now out! Please do check it out below. We also briefly get into the game on 21st (which we now know will be vs. Pakistan). But I doubt if all 3 of us can make time to do a preview for that match. So after the game vs Pakistan, we can do a combined review of both the Afg and Pak match. Here is to two wins in two days!! Cheers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lfoSfHrdAhE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>