PDA

View Full Version : Why is Roy consistently overlooked

tiger1000
June 18, 2018, 02:40 PM
Someone who's watched him please explain

zura
June 18, 2018, 02:41 PM
Why is he so highly rated here? Seemed very average in tests.

al Furqaan
June 18, 2018, 03:06 PM
60 plus average isnt his? Same reason Al Amin is overlooked in T20...both are lucky wicket takers. But if Rubel makes the cut, yes no reason why Roy or even Tapash should be left out.

zura
June 18, 2018, 03:28 PM
60 plus average isnt his? Same reason Al Amin is overlooked in T20...both are lucky wicket takers. But if Rubel makes the cut, yes no reason why Roy or even Tapash should be left out.

Al-Amin isn't a "lucky wicket taker" in T20s. Was one of our best wicket-takers in the format.

tiger1000
June 18, 2018, 05:42 PM

Lucky wicket takers, are you nuts

Roy can hit a line and length, for any other team his stats would be better, stats doesn't show everything, not even close.

tiger1000
June 18, 2018, 05:42 PM
Why is he so highly rated here? Seemed very average in tests.

He can bowl mid 80's and consistently hit line and length

In world terms he is average, barring mustafiz, that's the best we have in tests.

al Furqaan
June 18, 2018, 06:03 PM
Lucky wicket takers, are you nuts

Roy can hit a line and length, for any other team his stats would be better, stats doesn't show everything, not even close.

If no catches were dropped Taskin would have a better avg. Roy has gotten most of his wickets from slogs when the opposition were bored of scoring runs.

That being said there is no justification for picking Rubel, Rabbi, and Rahi who are all even worse than Roy.

Rinathq
June 18, 2018, 09:23 PM
Roy is one of the better longer format bowlers. He is more consistent in his line and length then any of those bowlers in the squad plus flopskin. But he doesnt have the selectors on his payroll... hence the rejection

Gowza
June 18, 2018, 10:48 PM
Would like to see how fizz, ebadat and Roy go as a test pace attack, taskin could come in for one of them if he’s bowling well.

Tausif
June 19, 2018, 07:47 AM
Subashis is not that better but yeah I would take him over Rubel, Rabbi, Shafiul etc. I am okay with giving Rahi a chance, he seems more suitable for tests anyway.

bujhee kom
June 19, 2018, 09:12 AM
He is no longer overlooked. Roey has a BC Podecast now! He is doing very good now a days. Host and founder of a very popular talk show like Oprah.

tiger1000
June 20, 2018, 03:14 AM
If no catches were dropped Taskin would have a better avg. Roy has gotten most of his wickets from slogs when the opposition were bored of scoring runs.

That being said there is no justification for picking Rubel, Rabbi, and Rahi who are all even worse than Roy.

Roy has not got wickets slogging, test cricket is about building pressure, look how good Mustafizur is with him, its because he can hit line and length consistently at good speed

Taskin has been very unlucky, but he's out of shape now

Jayed will be better than Rubel, rabbi, Shafiul

Shingara
June 20, 2018, 09:03 AM
My question instead is Robiul ar Shahid ki korsilo ? Oderkey perma benched kora hoilo ken ?

bujhee kom
June 20, 2018, 09:12 AM
My question instead is Robiul ar Shahid ki korsilo ? Oderkey perma benched kora hoilo ken ?

Shangara bhaiya, Shahid still has a nari-nirjaton mamla pending against him. It's an on going case I believe. So he is in a jaam.

Yankees
June 20, 2018, 09:32 PM
Roy has been overlooked because he is consistent. What youve seen from him is exactly what you will get. Our selectors can't remember consistency, they only remember that one moment of brilliance, like Kayes.

Akram:"Should we pick Imrul?"
Nanu: "keno na, Pakistaner sathe ki fatha fathi 150 mairlo"

What Roy needs is one really good spell and then suck for the rest of the time, which would further enhance said spell, and then he will get picked because now he is "capable" of brilliance.

Rifat
June 20, 2018, 11:12 PM
When Bangladesh toured South Africa, in a tour where every Bangladeshi seam bowler was getting Tonked, Roy looked the most impressive and troubled South African batsmen the most. he even picked up a few wickets where his other colleagues have picked up almost none.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10904/scorecard/1075503/south-africa-vs-bangladesh-2nd-test-bangladesh-tour-of-sa-2017-18/

maybe Walsh doesn't like him as much for some reason....(I am speculating, this has no hardcore factual basis)

adamnsu
June 24, 2018, 05:00 AM
What I don’t get is always under the radar and not players like Roy.

It’s an absolute nonsensical decision.

shabbir
June 24, 2018, 09:08 PM
Whether it is somet to do with his infamous rift with Masrafee.you never know.

zura
June 25, 2018, 04:26 AM
When Bangladesh toured South Africa, in a tour where every Bangladeshi seam bowler was getting Tonked, Roy looked the most impressive and troubled South African batsmen the most. he even picked up a few wickets where his other colleagues have picked up almost none.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10904/scorecard/1075503/south-africa-vs-bangladesh-2nd-test-bangladesh-tour-of-sa-2017-18/

maybe Walsh doesn't like him as much for some reason....(I am speculating, this has no hardcore factual basis)

You are using one game as an example. He was mediocre at best in all the games he played at.

tiger1000
June 25, 2018, 06:43 AM
You are using one game as an example. He was mediocre at best in all the games he played at.

If you watched him play you could clearly see apart from Mustafizur he was the only one hitting a line and length consistently, he's not spectacular, in reality he's average, but average is better than anything else we have currently

Fazal
June 25, 2018, 03:33 PM
Actually I watched few games that he played, and I liked him a lot. He is not the most gifted player, but he play within his capability and use his brain a bit unlike some of our super star FBs.

based on thoese few games, to me, he looked like more promising than some of our 2nd category test FBs that played last 4/5 years.