PDA

View Full Version : Bangladeshi Al Kaida!!

reverse_swing
May 26, 2004, 01:07 PM
Japan makes 'al-Qaeda' arrests

Five foreigners have been arrested in Japan as part of a widening probe into a possible al-Qaeda threat.
Three Bangladeshis, an Indian and a Malian, all suspected of violating immigration laws, were detained in raids in several parts of Japan.

The raids were prompted by reports about a Frenchman, Lionel Dumont, who worked in Japan in 2002-2003.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40197000/jpg/_40197161_arrestsap203body.jpg
Japan fears it could be the target of a terrorist attack

Japanese media reports have alleged he provided money and equipment to Islamic radicals, including al-Qaeda.

more>> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3748411.stm)

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by reverse_swing]

fab
May 26, 2004, 06:12 PM
The Japanese have a penchant for hunting 'foreign' criminals. They are inherently quite racist towards foreigners in their country.
link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,1166528,00.html)

Shubho
May 26, 2004, 07:12 PM
braady GAIJIN kaam our kaantree, and wann take ovah everyting. nippon is sovereign kaantree...no wann to see stuhpeed gaijin kaam heeah.

Nasif
May 26, 2004, 07:15 PM
Shubho dekhi japani janey hahaha :D

gaijin.... japanira really gajin hate kore (I have personal experience in that). Other than that they are usually very nice people.

abhs
May 26, 2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by nasif
Shubho dekhi japani janey hahaha :D

Only the Japanase words he used are gaijin (foreigner) and nippon (Japan).

Actually he could show the way Japanese speak English (terrible pronunciation, because they have limited alphabets, they cannot pronounce "L", always it becomes 'R").

But believe me some are really proficient and speak or write like native speakers.

gaijin.... japanira really gajin hate kore (I have personal experience in that). Other than that they are usually very nice people.

Can you share it with us? I might compare it with thousand stories I heard or incidents I experienced.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by abhs]

Nasif
May 26, 2004, 10:37 PM
I was in Japan when I was a kid. I did my first and second grade there. Back then I could only speak japanese, and little bit of bangla. After coming back to Bangladesh I lost most of the japanese (young kids learn and forget languages quickly). Still know few words here and there. If you go to Matsushita/Panasonic museum in Tokyo; you can see my picture there. We went to tour the museum and they took my picture with laser imaging (I was the youngest one so they picked me). They said the image is ever lasting. The machine is on display there, you have to enter 8888 to see me :D. I hope to visit it sometime in future.

As hating gaijins, well I shouldn't have generalized it as such. I have a very bad experience when I started school in Japan. Most kids used to hate me as I was different. There were no other foreigners other than me there. They used to tease me and call me "gaijin" all the freaking time. It was in Kyoto.

One thing I know is that if you can speak in Japanese then they become instant friend. Where we used to live there was an old woman, who never saw a foreigner in her life. We were the first one for her. In that regard Japanese people are mostly homogenous people. When they see different kind among them, its sure to bother them a bit. It probably is not a factor in big cities like Tokyo or Osaka, but small cities and towns are still very much closely knit.

I am not saying Japan is a bad country, on the other hand, Japan is probably the most peaceful country. Probably the only negative thing I can think of for Japan is their unreasonable love affair with US and US culture; for that matter anything US.

Well I guess thats a lot :)

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by nasif]

abhs
May 26, 2004, 10:57 PM
I agree with all the points mentioned in your post.

Now the number of foregners in Japan increased significantly. But yet, there attitude towards foreigners has not been changed.

Japan is probably the safest and the most peaceful country. They are unbelievably disciplined. The young generation is changing fast towards westernization and still they Hapanese people consider US something like their GOD!

If you know no Japanese and your stay would be less than 1 year, you will experinece Japanese experience to be very helping, kind,.......... But if you continue to stay more and understand Japanese, you will face the reality and understand their real attitude toward Gaijin.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by abhs]

abhs
May 26, 2004, 11:25 PM
If you are interested, here is an article based on a survey.

Japanese divided on whether foreigners are good influence (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20040527a3.htm)

Nasif
May 27, 2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks. Read it.