PDA

View Full Version : Olympics vs Football World Cup. Which is the more prestigious win?

Night_wolf
June 20, 2018, 09:49 AM
These two events are unarguably the two greatest sporting events in the world. Which one do you guys think matters more than the other?

1. Being the number 1 Country in the Olympic Medal tally?

or

2. Wining the fifa world cup?

For me its wining the fifa world up. for me its because of two reasons, 1. the passion in fifa world cup is unparalleled to anything. 2. Olympic currently has only 2 Country which can win the medal table and even before China it only had two country still, its too one sided(or two sided!)

roman
June 20, 2018, 10:19 AM
I dont get so emotionally attached with olympics to be honest. With FIFA WC, I go insane, get addicted to the tournament. FIFA WC is the greatest show on earth for a reason

bujhee kom
June 20, 2018, 10:21 AM
I think it is the World Beach Volleyball Championship!

Bishesh kore Mohila Beach Volleyball Championship, Amar kachhe dektey koob bhalo-i tow laage. Brazil and USA hole tow kothai nei...Khela koob jomey uthey!

Night_wolf
June 20, 2018, 10:32 AM
I dont get so emotionally attached with olympics to be honest. With FIFA WC, I go insane, get addicted to the tournament. FIFA WC is the greatest show on earth for a reason

I think its because olympics are more like individual glory and little bit less national glory. don't get me wrong. wining the gold medal and hearing your country's anthem..it doesn't get more prestigiously patriotic than this. but everyone remembers more bolt and less Jamaica. this is where fifa wc takes the cake

aklemalp
June 20, 2018, 10:47 AM
On sheer emotion, FIFA World Cup takes the cake.

But getting an Olympic gold medal makes you an immortal.

On a team/nation level, FIFA WC is more prestigious.

DinRaat.
June 20, 2018, 06:31 PM
"Cricket World Cup" what are you guys on about. There is no satisfaction greater than being the best out of 10 nations.

Yankees
June 20, 2018, 06:49 PM
youre comparing apples to oranges.

Olympics is less about country's medal count and more about individual glory. It's the pinnacle for a lot of athletics events like swimming, track, gymnastics, etc.

WC is all about country glory. Germany won the last world cup and thats all anyone remembers.

aklemalp
June 20, 2018, 06:58 PM
WC is all about country glory. Germany won the last world cup and thats all anyone remembers.

oh, I just remembered that drubbing that Germany gave Brazil in the last WC. Total annihilation!