PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Should we modify DRS to be more like VAR in the FIFA WC

anon4567
June 21, 2018, 07:51 AM
a) Umpires can still make mistakes, and if teams exhaust their reviews there is noway to overturn the decision even if it is crucial and/ or horrendously wrong.

b) No more unnecessarily drama on field, only 3rd Umpire can inform the on-field umpires, who then can watch the replay and decide if their decision should be overturned.

DinRaat.
June 21, 2018, 07:55 AM
a) The point of

Do you think ICC will allow an ounce of transparency into an already monopolized game.

DinRaat.
June 21, 2018, 07:56 AM
DRS should be done, so cameras are on the personnel doing the simulation, DRS can be tampered with I believe.

Donal C
June 21, 2018, 08:35 AM
DRS is absolutely perfect as it is. No need to change

aklemalp
June 21, 2018, 08:39 AM
First of all, can they afford VAR?

aklemalp
June 21, 2018, 08:41 AM
What's wrong with the DRS? Is it not working?

zura
June 21, 2018, 09:11 AM
First of all, can they afford VAR?

Yes. DRS is more expensive than VAR.

aklemalp
June 21, 2018, 09:14 AM
Yes. DRS is more expensive than VAR.

So, does VAR carry a form of Hawkeye? Ball tracking? Snicko?

bujhee kom
June 21, 2018, 09:30 AM
Hhhmmm..the game of cricket is like a Cow with udders full of milk.
And ICC's intention is to milk it!

zura
June 21, 2018, 09:31 AM
So, does VAR carry a form of Hawkeye? Ball tracking? Snicko?

The most expensive part of VAR is goal-line technology which is similar to hawk-eye. The rest is just done through the cameras already present.

aklemalp
June 21, 2018, 09:33 AM
The most expensive part of VAR is goal-line technology which is similar to hawk-eye. The rest is just done through the cameras already present.

I see. Somehow there might be an unspoken rule not to borrow other stuff from different sports.

I noticed Golf also uses ball tracking, but did they get it from VAR?
Baseball also uses ball tracking...

tiger1000
June 21, 2018, 09:52 AM
Drs is ahead of var efficiency

anon4567
June 21, 2018, 11:22 AM
All I am saying is take away the ability of players to refer. Rather give the Third umpire the ability to overturn a decision in the event of a very bad call.Alternatively if the Third umpire could request the field umpire to have a look at the replay and decide for himself wheather to overturn his original decision.

aklemalp
June 21, 2018, 11:24 AM
All I am saying is take away the ability of players to refer. Rather give the Third umpire the ability to overturn a decision in the event of a very bad call.Alternatively if the Third umpire could request the field umpire to have a look at the replay and decide for himself wheather to overturn his original decision.

The big difference here is that appealing is a major thing in cricket.
How much can you appeal in football?