PDA

View Full Version : Shakib on holiday?

SportingBD
June 22, 2018, 03:24 AM
Test captain Shakib on holiday in US?
While his team practice and train in Bangladesh ahead of WI series.

Does not make any sense.

zura
June 22, 2018, 03:26 AM
This isn't kind of thing we should be expecting of our captain. He is always trying to get special privileges because he is ranked No.1 all-rounder in the world, regardless of his batting form going down the drain.

Gowza
June 22, 2018, 05:18 AM
It's not just that the work ethic and professionalism isn't there, as captain and senior player/icon of BD cricket and best player of the team he's a massive role model to kids, up and coming talent and the talent filtering into the team.

Holidaying when he should be practising tells all incoming talent that it is ok to have that sort of attitude.

Sounds like shakib should retire from international cricket and make his money in the t20 leagues, can't want it too much if with the responsibility of captain this is the example/bar he's setting for the team and BD cricket.

Very disappointing, makes you think how good shakib could've been with a higher work ethic and more professional attitude.

Shingara
June 22, 2018, 05:24 AM
Mediocre player who doesn't give a st about our country or our team

Rifat_02
June 22, 2018, 05:36 AM
This is embarrassing , BCB needs to grow a spine and make a statement. The captain of the team cannot be like this
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Night_wolf
June 22, 2018, 05:53 AM
while kohli goes to play county for preparation our gadha captain goes on vacation. who needs preparation when you know you will lose and still people in BD will praise u when u manage to score a 40 here, take a wicket there

bujhee kom
June 22, 2018, 05:57 AM
Shakib has been a total pile of garbage of lately!
An embarrassment! What an absolutely pathetic little joke!

Night_wolf
June 22, 2018, 05:58 AM
once shakib asked for his own hotel room as he did not want to share a room. there were lots of criticism in BC about this as people was discussing he cant get special treatment.

this was the time when shakib was the only one that was getting wks and scoring the runs. I said in that thread "if he wants the damn hotel give him that. he is the only one thats playing"

those days are past and shakib no longer holds that pedigree anymore

bujhee kom
June 22, 2018, 06:04 AM
An athlete, a sportsman, a player cricketer, anyone of that sort would be respected, appreciated and admired by me/us and others ONLY when they are playing and playing with their heart. That is the only reason we pay attention and observe them to begin with, not to look at their 'chehara'! When the player behave/act/perform like garbage, we will ignore them and throw them out like unnoticeable obstacles on a road! Tough sh!t. You are not heart surgeon, not saving lives or writing mad manuscripts or upholding humanity that I will be running after you forever! Play well OR get lost!

SportingBD
June 22, 2018, 06:14 AM
You are the captain that lost 3-0 to Afghanistan.
While your team mates are punished (not given extended Eid break by BCB)

You embarrassingly take a holiday? While we have a tough tour coming!

You are also the captain of the test team.

Jadukor
June 22, 2018, 06:20 AM
Future is bright

5tonne
June 22, 2018, 07:06 AM
Shouldn't the bulk of the blame go to BCB for allowing him?

mufi_02
June 22, 2018, 07:37 AM
yes he will be in NY for a meet and greet/selfie for few hundred dollars I think. saw the poster. roman bhai took a pic.

DinRaat.
June 22, 2018, 08:43 AM
Shakib is overrated and egotistic

Please do not captain the side ever.

DinRaat.
June 22, 2018, 08:45 AM
Can't wait to see the excuses, his fans will conjure up to protect their beloved shupastarr.

aklemalp
June 22, 2018, 08:48 AM
While we have a tough tour coming

Aha. Respect :up:

tiger1000
June 22, 2018, 09:29 AM
Talk about an over reaction

You have no idea how his body is, perhaps he needs a break before the series

He's been poor lately?

Last year averages 48 with the bat and 32/33 with the ball

bujhee kom
June 22, 2018, 09:33 AM
^^^Na na..Tiger Hazaar bahi...ami apnar ei kotha mene nite parchi naa!

ToBeFair
June 22, 2018, 09:57 AM
Shakib has earned enough money. Hot wife with US passport. A daughter. Restaurant and cosmetics business.

His next life plan is to move to US with his family and get US passport. Looking from his attitude, he does not give a rat's *** to BD team anymore.

Only foolish BD fans and useless Prothom Alo think Shak is a dedicated BD player. He IS NOT.

Rifat_02
June 22, 2018, 10:00 AM
Talk about an over reaction

You have no idea how his body is, perhaps he needs a break before the series

He's been poor lately?

Last year averages 48 with the bat and 32/33 with the ball

Does Bangladesh play as many matches as India , England , Australia throughout the year?? We hardly get any matches, I doubt we play even half of what some countries play in a year, only three T20s and a T20 Tri-Series in Sri Lanka after the Sri Lanka series this year, No Tests, No ODIs, no nothing This cannot be an excuse for not showing up in training especially when you are the 'CAPTAIN' of the team and there is a new coach taking over

Equinox
June 22, 2018, 12:30 PM
Is this anything new? Why are people surprised?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0mJUsyEGgWc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://bdnews24.com/people/2018/06/18/bangladesh-cricketer-shakib-stays-mum-on-possible-career-in-politics

This is what he has been up to. Adda-ing with our probashi American bhai bon in Jackson Heights. I read about it last week and immediately wondered why he is in New York when the rest of the team is practising for an overseas series. Then I realised it's Shakib and decided to move on.

SportingBD
June 22, 2018, 12:35 PM
^

If I ever take charge of BKSP, I will try to fulfil my dream. You will see it producing national level players from the grassroots level. It is a matter of time, he said.

I have no objection to this, it would be amazing for Bangladesh if he takes charge of BKSP!

bujhee kom
June 22, 2018, 12:48 PM

New York Bangladesh Jaityotabadi Torun League's Udioyomaan Torun Yought Leader/Fotua porihito Neta and former model and active member of Bangladeshi premier cricket site banglacricket.com's Mr. Roman moderated the programme that ended with patriotic songs sung by Trishna Tithi. (Best part of the show)...Amar kache Titni apur gaan koob balo lagey! Listen, nobody cares about this Shakeb Akeb...when Titni apu sings with hjer beautiful Kontho...people go to those Onusthaan only to see her!

Founder and CEO of People and Tech Engineer Abu Hanip, President Farhana Hanip, Founder and President of Abdul Quader Miah Foundation Quader Miah, real estate investor Md Anowar Hossain, Moinul Hossain, Awami League leader Haji Enam, Bangladeshi American Democratic League President Khorshed Khandaker, Queens District Young Democratic Party Treasurer Joy Chowdhury, and organising company head Alamgir Khan Alam were attended the event.

roman
June 22, 2018, 01:00 PM
He has become a cancer. The sooner we get rid of him the higher chance our cricket has to survive

bujhee kom
June 22, 2018, 01:01 PM
Is this anything new? Why are people surprised?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0mJUsyEGgWc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://bdnews24.com/people/2018/06/18/bangladesh-cricketer-shakib-stays-mum-on-possible-career-in-politics

This is what he has been up to. Adda-ing with our probashi American bhai bon in Jackson Heights. I read about it last week and immediately wondered why he is in New York when the rest of the team is practising for an overseas series. Then I realised it's Shakib and decided to move on.

Look look guys, that's our Roman there in the Pink shirt!

aklemalp
June 22, 2018, 01:08 PM
Who was the dude asking him the question?

mufi_02
June 22, 2018, 01:21 PM
I think I saw bk bhai too. he was wearing a genji with a black suit and white sneakers and a white tupi. he was munching paan and recording the event on his huge iPad.

Rifat
June 22, 2018, 01:57 PM
^^^hahahaha, fake news! That's not roman bhai. Huge Exaggeration!

roman
June 22, 2018, 02:33 PM
Look look guys, that's our Roman there in the Pink shirt!

Yes brother..pink for laabh..Was waiting for you to join me to show that we care.:lol:

tiger1000
June 22, 2018, 02:54 PM
Does Bangladesh play as many matches as India , England , Australia throughout the year?? We hardly get any matches, I doubt we play even half of what some countries play in a year, only three T20s and a T20 Tri-Series in Sri Lanka after the Sri Lanka series this year, No Tests, No ODIs, no nothing This cannot be an excuse for not showing up in training especially when you are the 'CAPTAIN' of the team and there is a new coach taking over

^^^Na na..Tiger Hazaar bahi...ami apnar ei kotha mene nite parchi naa!

He's in his 30's now, you don't know how his body is after a decade of being an all rounder

If it was against coaching staffs instructions, then it's one thing to be angry about, but no one knows what the situation is, if it was against the advice of coaches, then Papon would have opened his big mouth by now anyway

Do you know how wladimir klitcsko was a champion in his 40's? Rest, towards the end he was training only 3 days a week instead of the traditional 6, rest is important, it helps the body and mind.

I say its an overreaction because people don't even know 1/10th of the situation but coming to a conclusion, show me where this holiday of his is against coaches direction.

Half our fans are Bunch of emotional fairies, so are our players hence we can never win anything.

Gowza
June 22, 2018, 07:53 PM
Even if he needs some rest which he shouldn’t as he’s an athlete and needs to be able to manage his body, can’t blame international cricket when BD barely play, if his body isn’t right then he’s not keeping his fitness up or it’s IPL and other leagues and that’s his responsibility to manage.

But the point I was going to make is that if he needs rest he could at least be with the team, doesn’t have to go on a holiday, make appearances etc.

Rest up surrounded by team management and the support staff (Physio, massage therapist etc). He is t20 and test captain, should be with the team, even if he didn’t have a leadership role if he’s in the squad he should be with the team.

Roey Haque
June 22, 2018, 08:02 PM
Mushfiq has bitten Shakib for sure. That unprofessional zombie has made Shakib a unprofessional zombie as well. Please quarantine Rahim and Al Hassan from the rest of the squad please!! We need to contain this disease asap!!

Night_wolf
June 22, 2018, 08:10 PM
Mushfiq has bitten Shakib for sure. That unprofessional zombie has made Shakib a unprofessional zombie as well. Please quarantine Rahim and Al Hassan from the rest of the squad please!! We need to contain this disease asap!!

shakib was always like this. he doesn't take training seriously..on the other hand mushfik is known for his hard work in the training.

if you want to talk ill about someone do it with facts

tiger1000
June 22, 2018, 08:13 PM
Even if he needs some rest which he shouldn’t as he’s an athlete and needs to be able to manage his body, can’t blame international cricket when BD barely play, if his body isn’t right then he’s not keeping his fitness up or it’s IPL and other leagues and that’s his responsibility to manage.

But the point I was going to make is that if he needs rest he could at least be with the team, doesn’t have to go on a holiday, make appearances etc.

Rest up surrounded by team management and the support staff (Physio, massage therapist etc). He is t20 and test captain, should be with the team, even if he didn’t have a leadership role if he’s in the squad he should be with the team.

He shouldn't need rest because he's an athlete? That's just a ridiculous statement, if anything an athlete requires more rest

Physical rest needs to be required because of the years he's played, not always immediate play time that's important.

Mental fatigue can be worse than physical fatigue

Look at Messi, had a poor game vs Iceland, refused to relax and take time off training like asked was worse second match. Relaxing away can be good for him, it may not, but the point am making is no one knows for sure at this moment. Let's wait and see how he does in tests vs West indies, hopefully it have something for the spinners.

He shouldn't be making appearances though, that's idiotic him and I agree with you on that.

Roey Haque
June 22, 2018, 08:16 PM
shakib was always like this. he doesn't take training seriously..on the other hand mushfik is known for his hard work in the training.

if you want to talk ill about someone do it with facts

Dude, it's all the same. All part of the same unprofessional snake, the tail can show up not practicing(Shakib), and the head can show up buttering others in the dressing room about how they are good enough and don't need to practice(Mushfiq).

Gowza
June 22, 2018, 09:21 PM
He shouldn't need rest because he's an athlete? That's just a ridiculous statement, if anything an athlete requires more rest

Physical rest needs to be required because of the years he's played, not always immediate play time that's important.

Mental fatigue can be worse than physical fatigue

Look at Messi, had a poor game vs Iceland, refused to relax and take time off training like asked was worse second match. Relaxing away can be good for him, it may not, but the point am making is no one knows for sure at this moment. Let's wait and see how he does in tests vs West indies, hopefully it have something for the spinners.

He shouldn't be making appearances though, that's idiotic him and I agree with you on that.

Please take context of ones paragraph into account, you do this all the time.

He’s an athlete and as such needs to be responsible enough to manage his workload, it’s not BCB’s fault if he overworks himself with franchise leagues.

Either BCB need to tell him it’s not good enough to put international cricket 2nd or shakib needs to decide for himself whether he picks franchise cricket or international cricket, the way shakib is running things is not fair to BCB or BD cricket, they pay him good money for his contract.

Gowza
June 22, 2018, 09:22 PM
Bottom line as a senior player he needs to be a role model to younger players, and he’s being a horrible example atm.

brockley
June 22, 2018, 10:42 PM
Is he a American citizen yet?

aklemalp
June 22, 2018, 11:15 PM
This is ******** ridiculous now.

Night_wolf (defense of Mushfiqur)

adamnsu
June 22, 2018, 11:25 PM
Senior players from other teams know they have to work even harder to maintain fitness at their age.

Shakib going on holiday just before a Test match was a bad decision. Not only for his own benefit but it sends out bad signals to his teammates. Also with a new coach coming could have helped him with his batting.

Problem is BCB, media and fans are to soft when it comes to Shakib. And Shakib knows he is too precious and takes advantage of that.

Shakib might be our best player but he is also an negative element to the team in other ways.

Night_wolf
June 23, 2018, 04:04 AM
Dude, it's all the same. All part of the same unprofessional snake, the tail can show up not practicing(Shakib), and the head can show up buttering others in the dressing room about how they are good enough and don't need to practice(Mushfiq).

1st u say mushfik bit shakib then u say its all part of a big snake..make up ur mind dude!

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 04:36 AM
Please take context of ones paragraph into account, you do this all the time.

He’s an athlete and as such needs to be responsible enough to manage his workload, it’s not BCB’s fault if he overworks himself with franchise leagues.

Either BCB need to tell him it’s not good enough to put international cricket 2nd or shakib needs to decide for himself whether he picks franchise cricket or international cricket, the way shakib is running things is not fair to BCB or BD cricket, they pay him good money for his contract.

BCB has dealt with the situation, everyone is allowed 2 NOC now.

Again, you don't know the situation, but commenting like you do, how do you know he didn't get permission from bcb and coaching staff for the holiday?

How can you say its unfair to bcb if bcb and coaches said he can go holiday and take a break away from a series

How do you even know all the players have gone camp? You don't have to put things on twitter and go abroad to go on holiday

No one knows the full situation, that's not even debatable

DinRaat.
June 23, 2018, 04:50 AM
This team is in utter shambles, its not even funny anymore.

ToBeFair
June 23, 2018, 05:14 AM
Shak knows no matter what, he will get a few wickets here and there, and this performance will be more than enough to keep his place in this mediocre BD team.

When competition is non-existent, when there is no one waiting in the pipeline to take your place, this is what happens.

Look at India. Kohli will never be complacent, but can he even afford to become complacent? The answer is NO. Look at how many players they have in the pipeline. Lokesh Rahul, Pant, and so on.

Also look at the work ethic of Kohli. He also played in the IPL, performed better than Shak, and as soon as the IPL was over for him, he didn't go for a vacation, but rather, he put all his focus to prepare himself for the England series. Even in terms of preparation, the captain led the team from the front.

Mark my word: I have seen the hunger of Kohli for this England series, and they will win the test series by a big margin. ODIs and T20Is will be toss ups, because in LOIs, England is quite strong.

Also Mark my word: We have a captain on vacation with a mindset of don't give a damn to his own team. After AFG whitewash, we will be duly whitewashed by WI in tests and T20Is. We may win one ODI.

DinRaat.
June 23, 2018, 05:29 AM
The saddest thing is these, guys will still get royal welcomes even after losing a series.

We have been rising for 25 odd years and we still have nothing to show for.

Does this guy think he is Ronaldo, I don't know how Shakib can just take a holiday when his team just got whitewashed, by a side consisting of refugees who ave sacrificed a lot to get to where they are.

'And don't play the tired card, guy can travel to IPL and play non stop T20, don't see him getting tired then, if he is not committed to playing for Bangladesh then, blood someone new to replace him, its better to have a committed and determined player rather than one that is not committed to the team.

Bangladesh has better facilities than Afghanistan, has more experience than Afghanistan yet we still manage to lose against them. Following this team is like taking a step forward and taking 3 steps back.

DinRaat.
June 23, 2018, 05:35 AM
You see if this was an Australian taking a holiday after their team gets whitewashed, the media and fans would of ripped him apart in seconds. But instead our media and hapless fans praise Shakib and all the players in general for the simplest of things.

Take the brilliant West Indies for example, in the WC T20 in 2016, there was a major divide between players and management, they couldn't organisedJERSEYS for the team for the final match, yet they still managed to take the trophy home.

Bangladesh has 160 million fans, yet we have not even won a single tri series, lets not even start with our miserly WC record, all due to mismanagement and selfishness in management and squad

Night_wolf
June 23, 2018, 06:16 AM
This is ******** ridiculous now.

Night_wolf (defense of Mushfiqur)

I do not defend mushfik or shakib or anyone form BD team. If you see my posts you will see I criticize them all the time. but to make fake accusations just to get your key board worrier ego some satisfaction that I can not support

Gowza
June 23, 2018, 06:20 AM
BCB has dealt with the situation, everyone is allowed 2 NOC now.

Again, you don't know the situation, but commenting like you do, how do you know he didn't get permission from bcb and coaching staff for the holiday?

How can you say its unfair to bcb if bcb and coaches said he can go holiday and take a break away from a series

How do you even know all the players have gone camp? You don't have to put things on twitter and go abroad to go on holiday

No one knows the full situation, that's not even debatable

Whatever the situation, shakib should take his responsibilities more seriously, this is not how other seniors in other teams treat their cricket, they are more professional.

I’m not saying he didn’t get permission.

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 07:52 AM
Whatever the situation, shakib should take his responsibilities more seriously, this is not how other seniors in other teams treat their cricket, they are more professional.

I’m not saying he didn’t get permission.

On the face of it, yes I agree, but other players do take time off

It's not a Shakib thing, players take time off training, Id rather have Shakib take occasional time off from training if he can maintain form and play all the matches

Time off can re energise athletes, if coaches didn't think so, they wouldn't allow any players to take any time off

Who are the players that actually turned up to the camp, am pretty sure Shakib isn't the only one taking time off, only difference is he's gone US and is putting things on social media.

No one knows enough to say he isn't acting professionally, if coaches deemed the best thing for him was time off, he's acting professionally, if they wanted him to turn up to camp, but he said he can't be bothered then it's very unprofessional, my point is I don't know, neither does anyone else here, all I see here are people arguing about things like they know the full situation without anything to back their point up apart from opinion

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 08:01 AM
You see if this was an Australian taking a holiday after their team gets whitewashed, the media and fans would of ripped him apart in seconds. But instead our media and hapless fans praise Shakib and all the players in general for the simplest of things.

Take the brilliant West Indies for example, in the WC T20 in 2016, there was a major divide between players and management, they couldn't organisedJERSEYS for the team for the final match, yet they still managed to take the trophy home.

Bangladesh has 160 million fans, yet we have not even won a single tri series, lets not even start with our miserly WC record, all due to mismanagement and selfishness in management and squad

Because non of the Australian squad went on holiday after the disgraced South Africa tour.

godzilla
June 23, 2018, 08:32 AM
Gezz people, this is getting out of control. So many post here have no actual facts to reflect on.

Holiday or not, if he is there and BCB granted the permission, that's the end of it. Maybe he went to visit family, wedding, recovering from niggles, etc. What is the big deal anyways? And how is Mushfiqur being dragged into this? From what I have read and seen, that lad is the hardest working guy in BD cricket team.

Rinathq
June 23, 2018, 08:40 AM
Nothing wrong with Shakib taking a break. (Knowjng him, be thankful it didn't come during a test series)

But a motivated leader would've taken a shortened vacation and return to training after such a disastrous tour. Then again.. Shakib isn't Kohli

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 08:45 AM
Nothing wrong with Shakib taking a break. (Knowjng him, be thankful it didn't come during a test series)

But a motivated leader would've taken a shortened vacation and return to training after such a disastrous tour. Then again.. Shakib isn't Kohli

How many holidays and promo events does kholi take?

If Shakib did that everyone would go crazy

DinRaat.
June 23, 2018, 08:47 AM

Shakib doesn't have multiple series winning knocks,a world cup and possible GOAT status under his belt.

Rinathq
June 23, 2018, 08:50 AM

You are joking right? If Shakib Is in national duty for 180 days a year, Kohli is probably on national duty for atleast 280 days (EXAMPLE) the number of games Kohli plays, if he wants to go on a vacation to Mars he should be granted

Kohli wants to utilize his down times by training in foreign conditions to prepare for upcoming tour where Shakib uses his down time go as far away from cricket as possible.. in this case United States!

Last time I checked, Kohli in his entire career never wanted a 2 series rest for no effing reason...

SportingBD
June 23, 2018, 10:21 AM
I don't know why I feel Tiger1000 is a sponsored agent of Shakib Al Hasan.

Some of his constant defending of Shakib is hilarious.

brockley
June 23, 2018, 10:28 AM
Shakib gets a break for playing IPL:floor:.

aklemalp
June 23, 2018, 10:28 AM
I do not defend mushfik or shakib or anyone form BD team. If you see my posts you will see I criticize them all the time. but to make fake accusations just to get your key board worrier ego some satisfaction that I can not support

We're on the same page here bro :up:

Fighting thegood fight

NoName
June 23, 2018, 11:06 AM
We have already reached our peak with this batch. Just enjoy the rest of whatever is left of this show, unless this coach has some sort of magic.

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 12:37 PM
You are joking right? If Shakib Is in national duty for 180 days a year, Kohli is probably on national duty for atleast 280 days (EXAMPLE) the number of games Kohli plays, if he wants to go on a vacation to Mars he should be granted

Kohli wants to utilize his down times by training in foreign conditions to prepare for upcoming tour where Shakib uses his down time go as far away from cricket as possible.. in this case United States!

Last time I checked, Kohli in his entire career never wanted a 2 series rest for no effing reason...

True to be fair, but I reckon there were other reasons why Shakib didn't play test series vs South Africa

Also Kohli didn't play County like initially planned, so no he didn't spend longer preparing for England, he just took a break from afghan test

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 12:39 PM
Shakib doesn't have multiple series winning knocks,a world cup and possible GOAT status under his belt.

Possible goat status?

In what, odis batsman perhaps, but I'll have Viv and Abd

World Cup, he was far from main player

Better team, so obviously he'll have more winning contributions

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 12:41 PM
I don't know why I feel Tiger1000 is a sponsored agent of Shakib Al Hasan.

Some of his constant defending of Shakib is hilarious.

By pointing out facts?

Everyone loves to carry on being emotional and not use logic

My point stands and not one person here has been able to prove me wrong here, when that happens I'll happily admit I was wrong, until then let's not mix opinion and fact, opinion is up for debate, but my main point here is fact.

Fact is no one knows the current situation fully and everyone is jumping to conclusions.

aklemalp
June 23, 2018, 12:44 PM
Is Shakib still in J Heights?

bujhee kom
June 23, 2018, 12:59 PM
By pointing out facts?

Everyone loves to carry on being emotional and not use logic

My point stands and not one person here has been able to prove me wrong here, when that happens I'll happily admit I was wrong, until then let's not mix opinion and fact, opinion is up for debate, but my main point here is fact.

Fact is no one knows the current situation fully and everyone is jumping to conclusions.

Tiger1000 bhai, you live in the UK. Is your real name Omar? Are you my Farukh bhai's son? Is your dad's name Ahmed Farukh? Is your mom Kaikashi apa? My dear Farukh bhaiya passed away in 2015. I am very sorry, if you are indeed Omar, chacchu, I am very sorry. Please do not be offended by all our comments here about Shakib al Hasan. Man, thinking about my dear late Farukh bhaiya, I am feeling very bad right now. I agree with you Tiger100 bhaiya, Shakib needs a break, what's wrong with it, we all take breaks.

Listen , my dear chacchu, I pray for your abba, every morning in Fazr prayer. Allah bless his soul, He was a very kind and good man. Your mom is also my boro apa, I have deep respect for your amma and abba. Unara amakey khub sneho korten, like a their little brother.

Listen man, I saw you when you were pre-teen in London, you and your little sister Anjum. Do you remember? Man I am feeling extremely down right now. I knew our big brother Farukh bhaiya from the 70's when he left Dhaka for Stockholm! We sued to look up to him, we were little, Farukh bhaiya had a rock n'roll band back in Dacca, back in Pakistan period. He was a great drummer.

zura
June 23, 2018, 01:04 PM

What did he do to "deserve a break" while the rest of the squad trained? His captaincy was woeful against Afghanistan, and even worse with the bat. Him with the bowl wasn't that great either, especially in a spinner friendly pitch.

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 01:11 PM
What did he do to "deserve a break" while the rest of the squad trained? His captaincy was woeful against Afghanistan, and even worse with the bat. Him with the bowl wasn't that great either, especially in a spinner friendly pitch.

Is all of squad on camp though?

Pictures certainly did not show that

He doesn't deserve a break, but sometimes you need a break at your worst, maybe coaching staff agreed he needed little bit of time off, maybe it was there idea, nobody here knows, one thing for sure is no one can come to a conclusion on what we currently know and everyone here wants to jump to one.

zura
June 23, 2018, 01:28 PM
Is all of squad on camp though?

Pictures certainly did not show that

He doesn't deserve a break, but sometimes you need a break at your worst, maybe coaching staff agreed he needed little bit of time off, maybe it was there idea, nobody here knows, one thing for sure is no one can come to a conclusion on what we currently know and everyone here wants to jump to one.

Yes, the whole WI tour squad is there and pictures do suggest that. https://assetsds.cdnedge.bluemix.net/sites/default/files/styles/big_2/public/feature/images/tigers_training_1.jpg?itok=O58rJSlX&timestamp=1529601054

This is just blindly following someone. Shakib always had issues with management and unlike others, he hasn't solved his. Tamim took extra batting practice for the WI squad.

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 01:56 PM
Yes, the whole WI tour squad is there and pictures do suggest that. https://assetsds.cdnedge.bluemix.net/sites/default/files/styles/big_2/public/feature/images/tigers_training_1.jpg?itok=O58rJSlX&timestamp=1529601054

This is just blindly following someone. Shakib always had issues with management and unlike others, he hasn't solved his. Tamim took extra batting practice for the WI squad.

Pictures I've seen didn't, I should have added that to my initial post my mistake on that, mine wasn't a rhetorical question, it was a question I was asking hence the '?' and am not blindly following anyone, I've said I agree with those saying Shakib should be in the camp, all I've said and I've made this clear is we don't know if he went against coaching staff orders or if coaching staff thought it'll be best for him to have a break, we simply don't know.

Rifat_02
June 23, 2018, 02:21 PM
Some trying to make excuses for shakib is exactly what is wrong with our cricket , we are happy with his mediocrity and whatever ranking he has achieved , that whatever he does must be for a good reason when the guy has had well documented attitude and discipline problems in the past, problem is BD people put him in a pedestal and Shakib thinks he is already a great of the game which he is not

brockley
June 23, 2018, 02:23 PM
Anyone think Shakib will play with the US when his Bangladesh career is over?

aklemalp
June 23, 2018, 02:25 PM
Anyone think Shakib will play with the US when his Bangladesh career is over?

New thread idea.

I like it!

Dinraat will hate it :(

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 02:54 PM
Some trying to make excuses for shakib is exactly what is wrong with our cricket , we are happy with his mediocrity and whatever ranking he has achieved , that whatever he does must be for a good reason when the guy has had well documented attitude and discipline problems in the past, problem is BD people put him in a pedestal and Shakib thinks he is already a great of the game which he is not

whatever he does must be for good reason... That is exactly opposite of what am arguing

I've said before he should have been in camp, but we shouldn't be making conclusions.

cricman
June 23, 2018, 03:36 PM
While I'm not a fan of some of his antics.

I'm pretty sure, this was organized well ahead of time and was approved back then as well.

His Tests performances (Aus, SL and Eng) have been off the chart, blame it on the board that we don't play more Tests.

Come at his neck if he doesn't perform

NoName
June 23, 2018, 03:58 PM

Bookmark this thread :lol:

zura
June 23, 2018, 04:44 PM

You mean like the recent Afghanistan series or the whole of 2017 in ODI's where he averaged 99 runs per wicket.

tiger1000
June 23, 2018, 05:04 PM
You mean like the recent Afghanistan series or the whole of 2017 in ODI's where he averaged 99 runs per wicket.

Everyone criticised him during the Afghanistan series anyway, his batting was awful and captaincy was mediocre.

2017 he averaged 99 yes, but let's not ignore the pitches he played on were not great, sure bring up 2017 stats, but why not 2018, he averages 17 this year

When he averaged 99 with the ball, he wasn't short on practice was he? And he certainly wasn't short on practice with the bat in T20 vs Afghanistan.

When you criticise everything, the weight behind criticism dissappears, look through the thread its bunch of posters who are posting with all emotion, ironically acting like the man they're criticising.

So much negativity before a series even starts, Ben Stokes didn't get as much criticism in the UK when he went round punching people.

brockley
June 23, 2018, 05:33 PM
Its easy Aklemalp.
Shakib retires early 30's,plays T20 tournaments 4 years,makes a comeback mid 30's for USA.

aklemalp
June 23, 2018, 05:39 PM
Its easy Aklemalp.
Shakib retires early 30's,plays T20 tournaments 4 years,makes a comeback mid 30's for USA.

It's a realistic blueprint

DinRaat.
June 24, 2018, 04:23 AM
Lol, we so are so happy that he took wickets on turning dustbowls, against teams that are garbage against spin

adamnsu
June 24, 2018, 04:44 AM
Shakib has already mentality retired. He is in the team as new players are not being groomed to replace him. He is still one of our best bowlers. BCB really has to give in to Shakib’s demands.

simon
June 24, 2018, 06:59 AM
It's all about performance, isn't it?
If Sakib was doing well we would not be complaining.
He was never the type who would often do extra training sessions to improve.
This is just not the right time for him to be on vacation while his teammates are preparing for an important series, that too when he is the captain and a senior player.
BCB is to blame here for allowing him with such privileges.

Night_wolf
June 24, 2018, 07:18 AM
Shakib has already mentality retired.

This is the ultimate truth. I remember reading his interview 2/3 years ago where he said he is financially secure even if he give up cricket. He is playing now just for the sake of it

tiger1000
June 24, 2018, 09:51 AM
Lol, we so are so happy that he took wickets on turning dustbowls, against teams that are garbage against spin

I don't think one person was happy during the Afghanistan series

ToBeFair
June 24, 2018, 11:44 AM
This is the ultimate truth. I remember reading his interview 2/3 years ago where he said he is financially secure even if he give up cricket. He is playing now just for the sake of it

Yes, you can feel it from his don't care attitude on and off the field.

bujhee kom
June 24, 2018, 11:48 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Rswx2Z7SDw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's time for the good time..
forget all the bad time...

It's just a day out of your lifee..

Ooohh Yah, Oohh Yaah!!

adamnsu
June 24, 2018, 12:25 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Rswx2Z7SDw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's time for the good time..
forget all the bad time...

It's just a day out of your lifee..

Ooohh Yah, Oohh Yaah!!

Also this tune is probably on Shakib’s track list. How many old senior enough to know it?

https://youtu.be/uJkrA6DtDgQ

simon
June 24, 2018, 01:08 PM
I am not giving up on Sakib yet,we have been playing T20s for too long and Sakib sucks at it.
Once we start playing tsts and odis the old Sakib will be back insha Allah.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

adamnsu
June 24, 2018, 01:33 PM

This kind of attitude has restricted his ambition. Before he was really wealthy there was a fire in him to do well. Sadly that has extinguished

Rifat_02
June 24, 2018, 03:04 PM
This kind of attitude has restricted his ambition. Before he was really wealthy there was a fire in him to do well. Sadly that has extinguished

A decade ago he was taking 5 wicket hauls in South Africa in tests versus that strong South African team, and then money and IPL came his way, these days it will be tough to even make him play a test match in South Africa, coaches will get sacked before objecting to him taking 'rest'. What good has come to our cricket by allowing him to play so many T20 leagues, we cannot even win a t20 series versus Afghanistan with him in the side.

I wish Shakib was even 5% the leader Pakistan's Imran Khan was , finding talents like Inzamam , Waqar and Wasim and then turning a losing team into world champions. Currently it is a far fetched dream of winning the Asia cup let alone winning a world cup one day with our current group of players and the lack of leadership in the team.

adamnsu
June 24, 2018, 04:41 PM
A decade ago he was taking 5 wicket hauls in South Africa in tests versus that strong South African team, and then money and IPL came his way, these days it will be tough to even make him play a test match in South Africa, coaches will get sacked before objecting to him taking 'rest'. What good has come to our cricket by allowing him to play so many T20 leagues, we cannot even win a t20 series versus Afghanistan with him in the side.

I wish Shakib was even 5% the leader Pakistan's Imran Khan was , finding talents like Inzamam , Waqar and Wasim and then turning a losing team into world champions. Currently it is a far fetched dream of winning the Asia cup let alone winning a world cup one day with our current group of players and the lack of leadership in the team.

Apart from Mashrafee, Bangladesh has no proper Captains in the current line up.

A proper tournament captain has to be a key regular contributor, has to have personality (not arrogance), good strategist, and a good mentor to his players. This is a minimum requirement for a tournament winning captain.

Shakib IMO has only one of the aspect at best

Yankees
June 24, 2018, 10:26 PM
I don't really understand why you guys want him to practice so bad. Shakib is in his 30s. He is not going to get any better with a bit of practice.

The real question is why should he take this team seriously? The team is a f***ing joke. Any team that has 1ton-king Mullah, Imrul Kaedge, and a terrible wicket keeper so mentally fragile that he refuses to give up the gloves IS A F***ING JOKE.

Just like any walks of life, you need better people around you to stay motivated. unfortunately for Shkaib, hes got Imrul. IMRUL?!?!?! FFS!

ToBeFair
June 25, 2018, 01:03 AM
I don't really understand why you guys want him to practice so bad. Shakib is in his 30s. He is not going to get any better with a bit of practice.

The real question is why should he take this team seriously? The team is a f***ing joke. Any team that has 1ton-king Mullah, Imrul Kaedge, and a terrible wicket keeper so mentally fragile that he refuses to give up the gloves IS A F***ING JOKE.

Just like any walks of life, you need better people around you to stay motivated. unfortunately for Shkaib, hes got Imrul. IMRUL?!?!?! FFS!

Who is Shakib? He is neither a Flintoff nor Kallis.

He is a mediocre all rounder now a days and so are his team mates.

Quality team mates for sure helps, but if Shakib was a true champion and professional, he would not be dependent on team mates for his own motivation.

If BD team is a joke and Shakib cannot motivate himself enough to take the team seriously, he should simply refuse to captain this team, instead of doing a 'don't care' half-hearted job.

Captaincy is a trust, either you repay the trust or you don't accept the job in the first place.

tiger1000
June 25, 2018, 06:41 AM
Who is Shakib? He is neither a Flintoff nor Kallis.

He is a mediocre all rounder now a days and so are his team mates.

Quality team mates for sure helps, but if Shakib was a true champion and professional, he would not be dependent on team mates for his own motivation.

If BD team is a joke and Shakib cannot motivate himself enough to take the team seriously, he should simply refuse to captain this team, instead of doing a 'don't care' half-hearted job.

Captaincy is a trust, either you repay the trust or you don't accept the job in the first place.

He's not Flintoff hahaha

Trying to hard eclipse

Tausif
June 25, 2018, 08:11 AM

Then perhaps he should retire given all the reasons above.

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 08:25 AM
While we are all here at BC busy maaring each other's pachas over Shakib, Shakib is busy eating cheeseburgers and popcorn!

But it's okay on what we are doing, after all we are Bangalies!~

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 08:28 AM
Ohh just realize we are not all maaring each others pachas...it's only Tiger1000 and yankees vs the rest of us.

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 08:38 AM
Just remembering random things, as I think of Shaib al Hasan.
When I was in grade school in Dhaka, I had a friend/class mate whose name was Hskib, we sometimes called him Bokis. Because Bokis is the reverse of Shakib in Bangla.

SportingBD
June 25, 2018, 08:39 AM
Shakib just posted on twitter.
His still on holiday.

WOOOOW!

https://twitter.com/sah75official/status/1011237668527788032?s=21

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 08:46 AM
His still on holiday.

WOOOOW!

Arrey, Sporty Spice dosto, Tumi eki bolchO! Ekhono O chhuti upobhog korchey!
Ami eta kuno bhabei mene nitey parchi naa, parbo naa!

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 08:51 AM
Dear Mod bahiyos, Can we please Sticky this thread!
Ami aar Adam bhaiya bhalo gaan diyechi ei thread-e for extra entertainment.

SportingBD
June 25, 2018, 08:56 AM
Arrey, Sporty Spice dosto, Tumi eki bolchO! Ekhono O chhuti upobhog korchey!
Ami eta kuno bhabei mene nitey parchi naa, parbo naa!

This is like Shakib taking his sandals off and hitting us fans on the cheeks!
Really embarrassing and sad. His attitude is like who the f are the fans?

Who the hell is Bangladesh? I am the real boss! I am Shakib Al Hasan !

His probably depressed that he can’t play in Canada Global T20 League!

And those MORON BCB??? They made him captain???
The guy who buried us under the bus!!! For 6 months???? Really???

Rifat_02
June 25, 2018, 09:26 AM
His still on holiday.

WOOOOW!

Don't we have a tour match day after tomorrow? And the test in one weeks time?

At this rate, Shakib may show up on the eve of the test match and introduce himself as the captain of the Bangladesh team to Steve Rhodes, I don't think they met yet :floor:

But he is an old man needing some holidays, and the Bangladesh public are too busy with the Football World Cup to notice.

Plot Twist- BCB Officials may also be on holiday and did not notice Shakib is still on holiday while the team is preparing for the first match in West Indies. E-)

#HolidaySeason #HappyHolidays #BangladeshZindabad #BelatedEidMubarak

godzilla
June 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
You know why no one gives him Sh*t or he doesn't seem to care much? At the end of the day, majority of the matches we won, he had something to do with it. Until other steps up, he will be how he is cause no one can point finger at him.

Rifat_02
June 25, 2018, 09:36 AM
You know why no one gives him Sh*t or he doesn't seem to care much? At the end of the day, majority of the matches we won, he had something to do with it. Until other steps up, he will be how he is cause no one can point finger at him.

That is an insult to the contributions players like mashrafe, Mullah , Mushfiq and Tamim have made to the team throughout the years, yes they do fail but nobody can deny without them we would not have won many of the matches too, not to mention Fizz. Just imagine the 2015 world cup without Mullah, the 2007 World Cup without Mashrafe, Tamim or Mushfiq, the India series in 2015 without Fizz or the leader and captain Mashrafe, it is a team sport.

adamnsu
June 25, 2018, 09:43 AM
No matter how much we paan paan dhaan dhaan, BD's best player is on holiday with his family trying to enjoy his life. He is not getting any younger. :D:D

His BCB owners have given him the green signal to go.

RazabQ
June 25, 2018, 09:50 AM
once shakib asked for his own hotel room as he did not want to share a room. there were lots of criticism in BC about this as people was discussing he cant get special treatment.

this was the time when shakib was the only one that was getting wks and scoring the runs. I said in that thread "if he wants the damn hotel give him that. he is the only one thats playing"

those days are past and shakib no longer holds that pedigree anymore

But the precedent was set. This is what our non-professional culture engenders.

Shadow
June 25, 2018, 09:59 AM
Wasn't Shakib supposed to have a rendezvous with rest of his team mates in New York?

The team has already reached Antigua. Shakib should have been there by now.

tiger1000
June 25, 2018, 10:15 AM
Wasn't Shakib supposed to have a rendezvous with rest of his team mates in New York?

The team has already reached Antigua. Shakib should have been there by now.

Yep, this is ridiculous now, he should be arriving into the country they're touring together/same time

Tour match won't help much according to the coach apparently they'll give a spin track on practice and a green one come match day

But should still be there even if he doesn't play the tour game

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 10:19 AM
His flight might have been unfortunately delayed or cancelled.

tiger1000
June 25, 2018, 10:20 AM
His flight might have been unfortunately delayed or cancelled.

When did bangladesh players get to the windies?

aklemalp
June 25, 2018, 10:21 AM
Shakib just getting acclimated to the conditions. BD are playing in the USA soon

Rifat_02
June 25, 2018, 10:42 AM
Shakib just getting acclimated to the conditions. BD are playing in the USA soon

But the US is already his first home now, does one need to acclimatise to one's home conditions too :umm:

aklemalp
June 25, 2018, 10:43 AM
But the US is already his first home now, does one need to acclimatise to one's home conditions too :umm:

Practice makes perfect.

Rifat_02
June 25, 2018, 10:47 AM
Practice makes perfect.

He must be practicing his holiday skills now, gotta find the perfect holiday spot :flag:

aklemalp
June 25, 2018, 10:51 AM
He must be practicing his holiday skills now, gotta find the perfect holiday spot :flag:

The perfect holiday spot is Kaiteur Falls in Guyana. USA is not the ideal tourist destination

RazabQ
June 25, 2018, 11:30 AM
Look a veteran player is allowed to take vacations. Touring puts a strain on marriage and relationships. So I do not begrudge Shakib taking a vacation at all. BUT! IPL has been over for a while. He's doing paid appearances in Jackson Heights during his "vacation". And, it's a new coach and new regime - this is not when you WOULD take a long vacation. Just not ideal. I'm not going to go and question his patriotism or professionalism. He hasn't accomplished what he has by just being a good athlete. But he does seem to be taking certain things for granted and that does not bode well.

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 11:58 AM
Haa dadas and apus! Apnara je jai bolun na keno...thread-ta kintoo besh bhaloi jome uthechey. Keu keu abar ei sujogey post count bariye nicchey!

bangladesh goes to Hollywood, and w increase out post counts!

bujhee kom
June 25, 2018, 11:59 AM
When did bangladesh players get to the windies?

I am trying to find out...Anybody else knows bhais and apus?

godzilla
June 25, 2018, 01:32 PM
That is an insult to the contributions players like mashrafe, Mullah , Mushfiq and Tamim have made to the team throughout the years, yes they do fail but nobody can deny without them we would not have won many of the matches too, not to mention Fizz. Just imagine the 2015 world cup without Mullah, the 2007 World Cup without Mashrafe, Tamim or Mushfiq, the India series in 2015 without Fizz or the leader and captain Mashrafe, it is a team sport.

If you reread it again, never said others don't contribute but this guy is always contributing when ever we win. Its very rare that we have won matches without him contributing with either bat/ball. Hence all the ego.

Fazal
June 25, 2018, 02:09 PM
The impression he gives now a days, playing for Bangladesh is kind of vacation to him.

hari jiti nahi laaz,
free (WI) vacation charbona aaj.

zura
June 25, 2018, 02:51 PM
I am trying to find out...Anybody else knows bhais and apus?

Found it here.

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/tigers-begin-limbering-1595488

bujhee kom
June 26, 2018, 08:31 AM
Found it here.

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/tigers-begin-limbering-1595488

Thank you Zura bhaiya, much appreciate this!

ToBeFair
June 26, 2018, 12:06 PM
The impression he gives now a days, playing for Bangladesh is kind of vacation to him.

hari jiti nahi laaz,
free (WI) vacation charbona aaj.

Couldn't have said it better. :up:

Shadow
June 26, 2018, 12:23 PM
Found it here.

Based on this report Shakib reached Antigua along with the Bangladesh team as it was originally planned.

zura
June 26, 2018, 02:27 PM
Based on this report Shakib reached Antigua along with the Bangladesh team as it was originally planned.

He missed the entire training camp under the new coach. We saw players like Tamim and Mushfiq getting more training for a bouncy pitch and Tamim cancelled his Eid vacation for extra training.

WarWolf
July 13, 2018, 01:08 AM
Shakib again proved that he doesn't have any leading capabilities left in him.

Using spinners from one side may be a good ploy on this wicket. But using spinners continuously from both sides of the wicket like 5th day makes you a laughing stock.

The pacers could have taken few wickets (may be) if brought to attack early. We wasted the early moisuture and the new balls.

Rifat_02
July 13, 2018, 08:16 AM
Shakib again proved that he doesn't have any leading capabilities left in him.

Using spinners from one side may be a good ploy on this wicket. But using spinners continuously from both sides of the wicket like 5th day makes you a laughing stock.

The pacers could have taken few wickets (may be) if brought to attack early. We wasted the early moisuture and the new balls.

35 overs before lunch, 2 overs to the pacers . I wonder how many test teams in history have such a start to a test match and we are talking about a pitch in West Indies not even a dust bowl in Dhaka. What is the point of taking the two pacers then , to be used as part timers when the spinners need rest? Giving majority overs to spinners is fine but why not let the quicks bowl even 10 first overs when conditions are best for pacers.

He is a candidate for the worst captain in history of cricket let alone just Bangladesh

cricman
July 14, 2018, 05:02 PM
The rest of the team is still on Holiday it seems

NoName
July 14, 2018, 05:04 PM
Awkward moment when the guy who went on holidays batting better than the rest

simon
July 14, 2018, 05:14 PM
Sakib holiday te jaya o ekta fifty ar 6 wicket haul korlo
baki gula holiday te na jaya kon boy-akar-lo ta korsey shuni?

bujhee kom
July 14, 2018, 05:22 PM
Sakib holiday te jaya o ekta fifty ar 6 wicket haul korlo
baki gula holiday te na jaya kon boy-akar-lo ta korsey shuni?

Arre bhai, tumio ekta odbhut proshno korla - First of all they have to have 'boy-akar-lo' to begin with. Ei shob cricketer-der Tiktiki Nera...they are Nera nangta putus~
West Indies er shamney batting korte pathano hoyeche aar shobgular Langut khule geche!

ExWhyZee
July 14, 2018, 05:56 PM
35 overs before lunch, 2 overs to the pacers . I wonder how many test teams in history have such a start to a test match and we are talking about a pitch in West Indies not even a dust bowl in Dhaka. What is the point of taking the two pacers then , to be used as part timers when the spinners need rest? Giving majority overs to spinners is fine but why not let the quicks bowl even 10 first overs when conditions are best for pacers.

He is a candidate for the worst captain in history of cricket let alone just Bangladesh

I didn't watch this Test and cannot comment on what happened. I'm only responding to your perhaps rhetorical question because it brought back some memories.

India in the 70s used to regularly use pacers to 'take the shine off the ball' and let the spinners get stuck in. Sunil Gavaskar even opened the bowling a few times.

One World
July 14, 2018, 06:53 PM
When is the next meet and greet

i_am_ringo
July 14, 2018, 08:43 PM
This thread has lost its justification to exist. Please close this.

Rifat_02
July 14, 2018, 11:25 PM
This thread has lost its justification to exist. Please close this.

Dont get carried away here , he was wicket less in the first innings where everyone got a wicket. One fifty and one good bowling performance in the entire series (on helpful conditions where Miraz has five wickets too) , and we think he is justified in taking extended holidays as the captain? That is the problem with us fans , and the entire team not performing doesn't help either so we get ecstatic with any performance he puts up and he is pardoned for everything

i_am_ringo
July 15, 2018, 03:37 AM
whether it’s justified or not, we have no power to pardon or punish.

The only power a spectator, any spectator, has is to be content with what is on the screen.

Today my screen said BD scored less than 50 in a test match. Liton scores half of that. The only power I have to be happy for Liton.

Do I have any other power? Do you? No. we are simply watching a movie unfold. Your happiness, your sadness makes no difference to the outcome of the movie.

So choose to be content.

Yankees
July 15, 2018, 01:31 PM
There's no justification for taking extended vacation. Piss poor from Shakib. But he atleast shows up to play. But there are some guys who are perpetually in vacation mode, and have been for a decade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Antigua <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CaribbranSea?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CaribbranSea</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mindblowing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mindblowing</a> <a href="https://t.co/NK7wIrHs9f">pic.twitter.com/NK7wIrHs9f</a></p>&mdash; Mahmudullah Riyad (@Mahmudullah30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mahmudullah30/status/1012901866571591681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Antigua on BCBs dime. No tension, only moja for our permanent traveler.

tiger1000
July 16, 2018, 10:19 AM
There's no justification for taking extended vacation. Piss poor from Shakib. But he atleast shows up to play. But there are some guys who are perpetually in vacation mode, and have been for a decade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Antigua <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CaribbranSea?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CaribbranSea</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mindblowing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mindblowing</a> <a href="https://t.co/NK7wIrHs9f">pic.twitter.com/NK7wIrHs9f</a></p>&mdash; Mahmudullah Riyad (@Mahmudullah30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mahmudullah30/status/1012901866571591681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's not his fault he keeps getting selected in test team

Fazal
July 18, 2018, 08:08 AM
Then whose fault is this? Selectors or Senior players?

We lost a head coach for dropping Riyad in SriLanka. Atleast that triggered player's revolt which eventually forced the coach to resign.

NoName
July 18, 2018, 11:42 AM

We lost a head coach for dropping Riyad in SriLanka. Atleast that triggered player's revolt which eventually forced the coach to resign.

Ironic enough we won that test...lol

roman
July 18, 2018, 11:45 AM

Eto maya bhora chehara banay ek ta pic dise aar apni okey gaal mondo korchen? Cricket khela onek kothin, tai ektu selfie/vacation nicche..bepar na

tiger1000
July 18, 2018, 04:35 PM

Selectors, coaching staff.

Gowza
July 18, 2018, 08:33 PM
Part of the reason riyad still gets selected is because youngsters haven’t taken their opportunities and proven to be better, at best they’ve shown that they give a similar output to riyad.

Liton, sabbir and soumya have all played 10/11 tests and none of them have hit a ton. They’ve showed glimpses of potential here and there but this is how a senior player like riyad still maintains his place, we are looking for someone better than him and youngsters haven’t been showing that.

I do think some youngsters need more of a go, and consistently not intermittently, namely continue with liton for a while longer and give shanto a try. I don’t think other youngsters like zakir have shown enough yet to be given consistent chances unless it’s for the speciality keeper role or the pace unit which is currently and has historically been the worst facet of the BD test game.

Just wondering, do people still consider nurul the best gloveman? Had some blunders this series.

As far as shakib on holiday, for me it’s not about whether he performs or not, it’s one thing to go off and prepare yourself for a series (which consists of proper training the best way you think it’s done for you), it’s another thing to have a long break, play some IPL matches under your own decision making, have a poor series (certainly as captain) against Afghanistan in t20s (after being t20 prepped from IPL) then taking a holiday and not having much prep time for an away series.

At very least as captain he has some responsibility to be a good role model and set a certain standard to the rest of he team, personally I think any professional athlete needs to have certain work ethic standards for themselves (just like anyone doing any other job).

i_am_ringo
July 19, 2018, 12:06 AM
While these are all wonderful justifications for why Riyad is in the squad, the truth is rather more human.

Shakib Tamim Mushy Riyad watch each other’s back knowing if one of them go, the others may also have be forced out at any point. So strength in numbers. Back each other, stay seniors. Make money. Retire when they want to retire. Middle finger to anyone who comes in the way.

It’s a great brotherhood system and they will always feature in any Bangladesh team in any format. Guaranteed.

Shingara
July 19, 2018, 05:19 AM
While these are all wonderful justifications for why Riyad is in the squad, the truth is rather more human.

Shakib Tamim Mushy Riyad watch each other’s back knowing if one of them go, the others may also have be forced out at any point. So strength in numbers. Back each other, stay seniors. Make money. Retire when they want to retire. Middle finger to anyone who comes in the way.

It’s a great brotherhood system and they will always feature in any Bangladesh team in any format. Guaranteed.

Syndicate needs to be kicked out.

Shadow
July 19, 2018, 07:35 AM
Riyad had been assigned as the vice captain. He is going to be picked in the test squad unless he lose his position.

adamnsu
July 19, 2018, 08:54 AM

These 4 have been playing for ages. I agree in some formats which they are not suited, the seniors might have some influence to back this senior group. But apart from that they are there for their merit.

Mahamdullah and Mushfiq have a Brother in Law bond, but it is quite essential for them to back each other up to keep the sisters they have married in peace.

Tamim has the backing of blood from Cha Chu Akram Khan.

What I dislike is these 4 use politics so that they can control the coaches.

Yankees
July 19, 2018, 09:18 AM
Eto maya bhora chehara banay ek ta pic dise aar apni okey gaal mondo korchen? Cricket khela onek kothin, tai ektu selfie/vacation nicche..bepar na

arey miah, there are already a lot of dimwitted mullah fans here that will go to any lengths to defend the indefensible ("middle order allrounder" is still my favorite). Might as well add chehara to the list.

Fazal
July 19, 2018, 02:41 PM
"You can't wait around for something to become good, it either is, or isn't."

ya I am talking about Riyad.

simon
July 19, 2018, 04:33 PM
kharap khelley shotin
bhalo khelley putin

One World
July 22, 2018, 09:12 PM
What is his itinerary after Florida T20s

brockley
July 22, 2018, 10:00 PM
ISn't Shakib due 2 go on holidays again.Their must be a t20 comp soon.

One World
July 25, 2018, 06:31 AM
[বাংলা]প্রশ্ন: বিসিবি সভাপতি বলেছেন, টেস্ট খেলার প্রতি আপনার আগ্রহ নেই। এ নিয়ে কী বলবেন?
সাকিব: (অনেকক্ষণ চুপ থেকে) এ বিষয়টি বাদ দিন।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1539691/%E0%A6%9F%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9F-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%96%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%95%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%8F%E0%A7%9C%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%97%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AC

Rifat_02
July 25, 2018, 08:36 AM
[বাংলা]প্রশ্ন: বিসিবি সভাপতি বলেছেন, টেস্ট খেলার প্রতি আপনার আগ্রহ নেই। এ নিয়ে কী বলবেন?

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1539691/%E0%A6%9F%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9F-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%96%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%95%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%8F%E0%A7%9C%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%97%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AC

More Test means less holidays , which is a complete no no, eishob test khele ki labh Bolen?

Should we laugh or cry that our cricket board has decided to make someone captain who is not even interested to play the matches. How can we expect cricket to flourish ever in the country like this?

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 08:58 AM
Many cricketers who even say they love playing test cricket really want to play domestic t20s as its more lucrative and comparatively much less gruelling. Also the more older the player is the more likely he might think this way.

Its kind of no big surprise that Shakib thinks this way really.

You need a coach among the U19 squads that need to make sure the next batch of players have the ability of playing longer formats of the game.

Fazal
July 25, 2018, 09:29 AM
So where is the problem? If he doesn't want to play TEST, whats wrong saying so? If not why not correcting the wrong impression. Ato laaz shoromer ki ache... just say it.

After all its his life and his career, if he doesn't want to play TEST..... nobody can force him to play TEST.

But what I don't want is .... playing halfheartedly.... forced to play when he doesn't wants to play...... it doesn't do any good to anybody (player, team, fans, BCB).

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 11:46 AM
I personally don't have any complaints with him taking holidays and enjoying himself: he is still performing day in and day out...which many other players who did not take such holiday haven't done yet!

With that being said: He is still a vital member of the Test team and I respect his decision.

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 11:56 AM
Shakib not available for next CPL. More holidays?

Fazal
July 25, 2018, 12:05 PM
H-o-l-y M-o-l-y.....

Navo
July 25, 2018, 01:50 PM

I read this as him being frustrated about being asked the same question repeatedly. Instead of reading into this cryptic comment, I'd give more credence to what he actually says:

"Test cricket is one of my top priorities and I intend to carry on playing Test cricket as long as I can. If you ask me, Bangladesh still doesn’t have enough quality Test players, so I feel it is very important I continue to play as long my form and fitness permits. As a child, my dream was playing in whites for my country and that dream has an impact on how I look at different formats. But I’m afraid the younger cricketers might not necessarily have the same view and it’s no surprise some of them prefer the shorter formats."

Shakib al Hasan on the Future of Test Cricket (https://www.lords.org/news/2018/january/shakib-al-hasan-on-the-future-of-test-cricket/)

adamnsu
July 26, 2018, 06:36 AM
His bloody hands were on holiday in the game!!!! One of the contributing factors to losing the match yesterday!

tiger1000
July 26, 2018, 10:51 AM
His bloody hands were on holiday in the game!!!! One of the contributing factors to losing the match yesterday!

Yep

Worse still when he mis-fields whole gets shook

Our fielding was awful, Mehedy was consistently poor, so was everyone frankly

Tigers_eye
August 6, 2018, 02:38 PM
Business as usual.

Man of Series. :)