&
Smithy:ninja:

nuff said.:)

SS
May 26, 2004, 05:15 PM
believe in ur dreams..but not in reality

chinaman
May 26, 2004, 05:21 PM
Believe me, SS, I gotta invite you for a lunch one day.

wasif
May 26, 2004, 06:05 PM
...........OK HAVE A CUP OF TEA WITH ME AFTER THE GAME

sage
May 26, 2004, 09:46 PM
I believe!:fanflag::heart::heart:

Carte Blanche
May 26, 2004, 11:01 PM
I believe you (that you are on crack).

j/k maan.

fwullah
May 27, 2004, 11:09 AM
I believe - that Bangladesh will do better in the 2nd test match than in the 1st test.

And, I am hoping secretly that, that 'better' performance becomes a win. :lol:

mzia
May 27, 2004, 11:37 AM
“WI brought spinner from Bangladesh (?) for their practice. TV news.”

I believe Bangladesh has already won by the WI’an, now it’s a matter to win by us only.

say
May 27, 2004, 11:43 AM
Have you guys consulted Jyotish-Shamrat Abdul Jalil ? did he say we are going to win?

rassel
May 27, 2004, 12:16 PM
He has been getting consultation from sajjadul, who happens to be a delicate genius of cricket match outcome. No wonder, so much confidence in BangladeshFan.:lol:

Zobair
May 27, 2004, 03:04 PM
I will start believing if we can survive the first 15 overs of our innings without losing a wicket.

Key, like someone else said, is taking it session by session, and evaluating them as they go.

pagol-chagol
May 27, 2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
Believe me we will win our first test in caribean:fanflag::bravo:

If you are so powerful you should start doing it for money.

Heck, if you are that powerful you should start creating money with your majic.

Heck, if you are that powerful you already know money and cricket are meaningless.

So, you must not be who you think you are.

AsifTheManRahman
May 27, 2004, 09:06 PM
sum1 else made similar predictions during one of the ODI's but never showed up when BD lost

chinanan
May 28, 2004, 04:45 PM

i believe u:D

BangladeshFan
June 6, 2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by chinanan

i believe u:D

i started this thread and really believed that bangladesh can do it against West Indies. But now it seems the same story again.:(

but i am not losing hope atleast they will give a good fight inshallah:fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
June 6, 2004, 11:55 AM
so u did show up

AussieBloke
June 6, 2004, 09:31 PM
Does BangladeshFan still beilieve that we will win our 1st test in Carribean? Still he thinks that we will give the WI a good run? That we will be able to take the game to the 5th day?

Here are some comments: Hannan dropped a catch at slips (was it Sarwan?). Anyway the point is why was Hannan there in the slips for pete's sake? Becoz Bashar was not being assertive enough. A good captain is one who runs the show, takes the tough decisions, is astute and leads from the front. Captaincy is not a democracy in the field, not a popularity contest either. But I guess the writing was on the wall from the 5th day at St. Lucia when the bulleting on cricket.org read "At one point Bashar seemed ready to call the batsmen in, only to be pulled back by his team-mates, happy to drink in the moment and let Masud score his maiden century..." There are numerous incidents where the captain had declared when one of the batsmen were in their 90s. The captain (Bashar) should have discussed this with the team management long before, not as a spur of the moment decision. And no other player in the team has the right to question the captain's decision. If the captain calls the wrong shot, he takes the sole blame for that decision. But instead Bashar showed signs of uncertainity. Would we see such things in the Australian or SA camp? Also a captain though maybe an amicable person needs to be tough when it comes to making decisions. He cannot favor someone becoz of their relationship with that teammate. That seems exactly what weighed on Bashar's mind, that he didnot want another bust up with a teammate (as happened with rafique) by demoting Hannan to some other area in the field, other than slip, point, gully and cover. Even Tendulkar often fields at long on or long off, so couldnt Bashar send Hannan to long on or long off and avoid dropping catches again? Or did he think that by making those hard decisions he would be harming the already brittle confidence of Hannan? I call this as being indecisive and trying to get on with everyone. Graeme Smith of SA became a captain when he was only 21, he had a bust up with Pollock who is many years his senior and more accomplished, yet he(Smith) calls the shots. Team comes over any other relationship, as a captain you got to take the hard decisions. I believe that Hannan will be dropped as soon as the series is over, but Bashar needs to stamp his authority on the team, and have a no nonsense attitude from now onwards. He should discuss all aspects of the game and have a game plan from the very first ball of the match. Thank goodness that Hannan didnot get out the first ball and hand us another dispicable world record...!!!!

Also since we now know who the core players are, we should exclusively select 4/5 players to stand at slips. They should stand at slips even at the national matches. Australia hired a baseball coach from USA to help the players with throwing and catching. Maybe we can do that too.

The team management should carry a laptop with them and use it to analyze the opponents pros and cons (like Coach John Buchanon does for Australia) and also to listen to the advises offered in this forum. I dont know if they have it yet (coz they dont seem to listen to what we are saying).

Finally the verdict is: it will be over by the end of 4th day..if not then we may have only 50 or so odd runs on the board for the WI to chase on the 5th day. So its gonna be a toss between an innings defeat or 10 wicket victory. Its a shame that we had to suffer such indignity after such an impressive showing in the last test. I really would have loved to see the Tigers bat out the whole 4th day with 2/3 wickets in hand, but now it seems that it would be a very very hard task to follow..!!!:(

AsifTheManRahman
June 7, 2004, 03:00 PM
yes that thing caught my eye too...how the hell do players hold a captain back from declaring just because they want a teammate whose in his sixties to get a hundred and forfeit a win? totally insane...