PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Finals Threads: Uruguay France | Brazil Belgium| Sweden England | Russia Croatia

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 11:22 AM
Brazil path is hard. The other path to final is relatively easy. And it's up to Eng and croatia to up their game significantly if they want to succeed and snif at a championsion. Will not get such a big opportunity here.

On Brazils side.. every one of them has a chance. Good luck. Great games ahead.

And I can't stretch this enough. I f&)**&)8 LOVE WORLD CUP!!!

Good Luck brazil.

aklemalp
July 5, 2018, 11:30 AM
France-Uruguay: France

Brazil- Belgium: Belgium

Sweden- England: England

Russia-Croatia: Croatia

Russia's tale ends here.

roman
July 5, 2018, 11:37 AM
Eng got so lucky. They have deliberately lost to Belgium i think to Avoid that path. Firingi buddhi man

bujhee kom
July 5, 2018, 12:00 PM
Hahahah...Uruguay all the way!
If we have to hand ball or bite somebody, my Montevideo shall bring the cuppa to the citay!
We shall do it, whatever it takes!

mufi_02
July 5, 2018, 12:24 PM
kinda sad we are in QF stage already. less than 10 games remaining.

I want Uruguay, Brazil, Croatia, England to go through..

and Croatia to win the cup. Fell in love with their jersey back in '98.

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 12:34 PM
I want Uruguay, Brazil, Croatia, England to go through..

I would be happy with this outcome. I think Uruguay is a pretty good team this year. France should have hard time though they got some speed and muscle power. France is a big name but it is not zidanes France when he was a player .

England has to ante up there game significantly .. they have had very easy path so far .. their game looks very lackluster .. but I will be supporting them.

Brazil vs England final will be nice :)

mufi_02
July 5, 2018, 12:50 PM
tomorrow's game are the most exciting ones. France/Uruguay will be very interesting while Brazil/Belgium has all the excitement of a classic.

Neymar needs to dive more to get some foul calls.

mufi_02
July 5, 2018, 12:53 PM
what is the goal of the tournament for you guys? I think Pavard's strike against Arg was the best.

aklemalp
July 5, 2018, 12:55 PM
rONALDO

mufi_02
July 5, 2018, 12:59 PM
rONALDO

the free kick against spain?

aklemalp
July 5, 2018, 01:01 PM
the free kick against spain?

Yeah, that's the one

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 01:01 PM
tomorrow's game are the most exciting ones.

Don't count out the russia vs croatia game... i think it will be a surprisingly a good one. The crowd will make a big difference.

mufi_02
July 5, 2018, 01:08 PM
Don't count out the russia vs croatia game... i think it will be a surprisingly a good one. The crowd will make a big difference.

did you end up going to russia?

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 01:16 PM
did you end up going to russia?

Hahah of course why wouldn't I ? But I got back last night . I had a lot of fun . I wanted to stay longer but couldn't for others . Was lucky enough to able to attend one arg match one Brazil match .

Things worked out well for me . Had lot of fun in fan zone also.

Things to notice ... u can occasionally catch Bangladeshi flag in big games ... on tv. But in stadium it's always there .. these guys from Bangladeshi football federation get great premium/VIP seats .. and they take big bd flag like boss . In tv u have to be attentive to catch some glimpse :flag:

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 01:21 PM
Btw we need our team chant for cricket . The chant in stadium sounds so awesome !!! If I ende up going to England I wanna be with ppl who won't shy from a bd chant .. maybe "amra korbo joy "

There is a big hatred for Argentina among other supporters... they have some great anti Argentina chant

"Oh di maria oh macherano oh Messi ciao Messi ciao Messi ciao ciao ciao ..."
"America Latina menos Argentina "

Football fans are so fun ... cricket sucks but I think we can make it better

SportingBD
July 5, 2018, 01:24 PM
Best Goal:

1. Pavard
2. Ronaldo
3. Di Maria

Will be hard to beat Pavard goal.. but anything can happen in QF onwards...

Night_wolf
July 5, 2018, 01:31 PM
Btw we need our team chant for cricket . The chant in stadium sounds so awesome !!! If I ende up going to England I wanna be with ppl who won't shy from a bd chant .. maybe "amra korbo joy "

There is a big hatred for Argentina among other supporters... they have some great anti Argentina chant

team to r jibone wc khelbena, flag e thakuk

Night_wolf
July 5, 2018, 01:32 PM

amra korbo joy? It should be amra nirlojjer dol

roman
July 5, 2018, 01:47 PM
Hahah of course why wouldn't I ? But I got back last night . I had a lot of fun . I wanted to stay longer but couldn't for others . Was lucky enough to able to attend one arg match one Brazil match .

Things worked out well for me . Had lot of fun in fan zone also.

Things to notice ... u can occasionally catch Bangladeshi flag in big games ... on tv. But in stadium it's always there .. these guys from Bangladeshi football federation get great premium/VIP seats .. and they take big bd flag like boss . In tv u have to be attentive to catch some glimpse :flag:

Lucky You. My cousin also attended few matches. Saw some incredible pics. Loved the atmosphere.

Arg is hated mostly everywhere. Dont know why. Is the Hand of God goal still playing a part of this?

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 01:51 PM
team to r jibone wc khelbena, flag e thakuk

To be honest I find it annoying when you are carrying a flag in the stadium whose team is not playing or who were never represented in wc. Let me elaborate...

There are few Bangladeshi/Indian/African students in moscow. Some of them came to fan zone with their own flag. And russians there are obviosuly taking pics with fans of different countries.. and i saw some bangladeshi and Indian kids taking pics with them with their respective flag. that is some what of a mockery/fraudulent to me. But whatever they are having fun i suppose.

OCcasionally I saw Indian kids in stadium posing with their own flag (pretty big too) to for obviously instagram and waving.. again likely local students. And annoying as hell.

But then occasionally you will see some family or small group of Bangladeshis from Bangladesh being in stadium. Like that Federation ppl. I can appreciate their flag presence.. they are not really showy.. waving or anything.. just putting the flag in front..like i saw in the brazil game and i think if tv catches it... there will be lot of cheering ppl in Bangladesh and I think that is the reason a foreign flag that's not reprsented in the tournament should still be ther just because that country has such a massive following... it's pertinent to Brazil and argentina or the finals..

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 01:59 PM
Loved the atmosphere.

I regret not going to previous WCs. I dont' think if I am healthy i will try not to miss future tournaments.

It's also better to be young and be there.. Fun level is different depends on age..

I am a little bumped that 8 years later it's in US. Too much diversity here. I rather watch it in a homogenous country so you can change the color of the country for a month. Russia fits.

What's a local American when the game is at metlife?? Takes away a lot of fun i think. And then u will have ppl here supporting their country of origin instead of USA when usa will play. that wont' be nice.

mufi_02
July 5, 2018, 02:08 PM
^lucky you. there is nothing like football wc and the passion.

from next year, I will try to catch all the big clubs that comes to US..might even start to go to some to MLS games. time to ditch cricket for good.

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 05:21 PM
Arg is hated mostly everywhere. Dont know why. Is the Hand of God goal still playing a part of this?

No it's not hand of God. I asked this question to a colombian collegue of mine. He was mentioning how he will be happy if Argentina exits. He says as a South American he can't support argentina.

Apparently the reason for that is the people of Argentina. Argentine people attitude apparantly has this "God complex" where they think they are best at everything and rest is beneath them.

From my experience this world cup, not too sure about this God complex but without a doubt Brazilians are much much friendlier. Similar to Bangladeshis.

I was in a food cart line when a brazilian young couple started talking to me, initially asked me something in portugese. I was wearing a Brazil jersey. And he pretty much carried on the convo and seemed quiet happy that I was wearing a Brazil jersey over anything else. Also met a doctor couple in stadium very briefly who also thanked me for supporting Brazil.

After loss of Argentina, in a cafe, a group of argentine ordering food. and I leaned over and asked one of them what happened? Probably lack of english prevented him but still doesn't seem like he was keen on even trying saying "everyting good" though i was wearing an argentine jersey. If I see a non Bangladeshi wearing a BD cricket jersey and if they ask me something even if I don't understand, you bet I will show some interest to have a convo for atleast few mins....

Might be isolated events, or my colombian collegues' given reason bias for my thinking. But this is what I gather.

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 05:26 PM
i just searched google "why south americans hate Argentina". The first result a washington post article from 1982

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1982/06/06/the-latins-love-to-hate-the-argentines/a56baf09-dfc5-4c1f-a072-6698dec458b3/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.572cedf8980c

read the first paragraph and stopped.. and that's enough for me.

ASK ANY ARGENTINE why his countrymen are generally disliked, resented and ridiculed throughout Latin America, and without hesitation, he will invariably reply: They are envious, envious that we Argentines are a nation of pure, white European stock, that we live and prosper in a rich country, that we are cultured and literate, that we are not racial mongrels mixed with Indians and blacks.

the more you know... all of a sudden Argentina doesn't seem all that of a great country to support. LOL. But from pure football pov, go MESSI!!

aklemalp
July 5, 2018, 05:29 PM
No it's not hand of God. I asked this question to a colombian collegue of mine. He was mentioning how he will be happy if Argentina exits. He says as a South American he can't support argentina.

Apparently the reason for that is the people of Argentina. Argentine people attitude apparantly has this "God complex" where they think they are best at everything and rest is beneath them.

From my experience this world cup, not too sure about this God complex but without a doubt Brazilians are much much friendlier. Similar to Bangladeshis.

I was in a food cart line when a brazilian young couple started talking to me, initially asked me something in portugese. I was wearing a Brazil jersey. And he pretty much carried on the convo and seemed quiet happy that I was wearing a Brazil jersey over anything else. Also met a doctor couple in stadium very briefly who also thanked me for supporting Brazil.

After loss of Argentina, in a cafe, a group of argentine ordering food. and I leaned over and asked one of them what happened? Probably lack of english prevented him but still doesn't seem like he was keen on even trying saying "everyting good" though i was wearing an argentine jersey. If I see a non Bangladeshi wearing a BD cricket jersey and if they ask me something even if I don't understand, you bet I will show some interest to have a convo for atleast few mins....

Might be isolated events, or my colombian collegues' given reason bias for my thinking. But this is what I gather.

As a South American, I also agree with my fellow continental, Columbia brethren.

Everyone loves Brazil because they share a border with over 50% of the nations on the continent :lol:

NoName
July 5, 2018, 05:30 PM
If you go to football/soccer reddit threads Argentina is pretty despised, especially by the other Latin nations.

From what I gathered seeing other Brazilian posters, Argentinians seem to be quite racist since they are 'white' skinned and mock the darker looking Brazilians. Maradona's antics and cheating behaviour back in the day also plays a part as to why others don't like Argentina (ex. they put tranquilizer in the drinks of one of the Brazilian players during a WC QF match)

iDumb
July 5, 2018, 05:32 PM
Another story, in a fan fest I wore the Argentine jersey. Group of Brazilians came up to me. And looking at me obviously knew I wasn't Argentine. Asked why I was wearing that jersey. I told him i like messi and having a Bangladeshi background there is a big Argentine support I grew up watching sorroudning me so naturally I am more inclined..

He directly told me.. "if you give me your jersey , I will spit and burn it right now.".

the hatred is strong and real.

aklemalp
July 5, 2018, 08:37 PM
Which team has covered the most distance in the WC so far?

Which player?

Roey Haque
July 6, 2018, 01:12 AM
Can't believe England has such an easy path to the semifinals!

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 02:33 AM
Can't believe England has such an easy path to the semifinals!

bet 100 taka that they will still F it up

Banglatiger84
July 6, 2018, 02:46 AM
I remember Sohel Bhai, one of the seniors saying something about his experience with Argentines that would support the above views....

Though there are subplots

1) Within Argentina, Maradona is not liked by a large group who think he presents a crass image of Argentines to the world, as they are supposed to be more refined (though any youtube video of their fans in tournaments shows refined is not a word to be used in their football)

2) In Brazil there is supposedly a huge division between Euro Brazilians (of whom there are very few in the current team except maybe the GK), and darker ones. But still race relations are supposedly better than in a similarly multi cultural nation like South Africa

Roey Haque
July 6, 2018, 07:06 AM
Predictions

Fra 2 Uru 1

Bel 3 Bra 2 (Bel scores in extra time)

mufi_02
July 6, 2018, 08:04 AM
idumb, do any of these south americans (or fans in russia) that you met know anything about bangladesh?

roman
July 6, 2018, 08:53 AM
Cant wait for Uru vs Fra game. Should be an exciting match. Too bad, one of them has to go home. World cup is brutal

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 09:05 AM
God bless Uruguay!

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 09:06 AM
thank god WC returns to save us from BD cricket team of losers

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:07 AM
7 wickets down. Only 3 more

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:10 AM
France are unbeaten in their last 9 WC Matches against South American teams (W5 D4)

Will that change today?

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:15 AM
France are threatening

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 09:17 AM
France are unbeaten in their last 9 WC Matches against South American teams (W5 D4)

Will that change today?

France has won only ONCE against Uruguay from 8 times that they played against each other, losing three times and drawing 4.

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 09:19 AM
Bhai Suarez, do not hand ball....do not touch the ball by hand and please do not bite anyone today, just play ball Fo!

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:19 AM
France has won only ONCE against Uruguay from 8 times that they played against each other, losing three times and drawing 4.

In World Cup matches, Uruguay are unbeaten against France (W1D2

roman
July 6, 2018, 09:22 AM
Stats mean nothing. Arg also had more wins than Fra in world cup stage. And now Arg are out of wc

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:25 AM
France hasn't scored a goal with any of their last 82 shots in their last 6 meetings

against URU

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:27 AM
A little wrestling match in midfield :lol:

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 09:27 AM
both team playing safe

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 09:29 AM

The #9 sky blue shirt is a living legend.

mufi_02
July 6, 2018, 09:29 AM
Riyad playing well

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:32 AM
This is a really beautiful stadium. The crowds aren't that loud yet.

Almost the same decibel level at the Viv Richards ground

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:33 AM
They are ripping shirts now.

This is getting frisky!!

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:40 AM
Gooaallll

France strikes first

Nice touch on the ball by Varane

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:41 AM
1st time in this world cup that URU has trailed...

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 09:44 AM
Oh my . What a save!!!

URU almost answered

roman
July 6, 2018, 09:57 AM
Mbappe is too good. Loving this guy so far

roman
July 6, 2018, 10:21 AM
What did the GK do? He most likely kicked Uru out of the world cup

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 10:24 AM
Whats up with these south american golies??

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 10:28 AM
Ddhhhuuurrrr!

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 10:57 AM
Uruguay missed cavani. And that gk mistake didnt help as well.

France team is slowly finding its feet as well as Brazil

France vs Brazil will be a mouth watering clash. This will be the final before final

roman
July 6, 2018, 11:47 AM
Final will be a boring one. It will be Fra/Bra/Bel vs Cro/Eng. Wont be an exciting one

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 11:52 AM
Bros and apus, just so that you all know...I got anus hemorrhaging twice today!
First by BD and then by Uruguay.
What a day.

Pretty soon, I will be suffering from 100% Rokto-Shunnota!

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 12:01 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2diwpp.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/2diwpp)via Imgflip GIF Maker (https://imgflip.com/gif-maker)

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 12:02 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2diww0.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/2diww0)via Imgflip GIF Maker (https://imgflip.com/gif-maker)

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 01:37 PM
Belgium up by a double

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 01:39 PM
This Lukaku is a really good player

roman
July 6, 2018, 01:42 PM
Belgium owning Brazil right now

Eclipse
July 6, 2018, 01:42 PM
Brazil is losing the game. I feel like breaking the TV. F***

Eclipse
July 6, 2018, 01:46 PM
This fernenzinio or whatever his name is, is a terrible, terrible defender. Idiot of highest caliber.

adamnsu
July 6, 2018, 01:53 PM
Brazil have been awful as Belgium’s d box defending was poor.

adamnsu
July 6, 2018, 01:54 PM
Best players so far have been Lukaku and Hazard

Eclipse
July 6, 2018, 01:54 PM
Brazil have been awful as Belgium’s d box defending was poor.

Any decent team would've scored multiple goals by now. Belgium defense is quite weak.

Eclipse
July 6, 2018, 01:58 PM
Best players so far have been Lukaku and Hazard

Lokaku easily. This giant has been in tremendous form. Even against Japan its him who left the ball for the incoming player to score the final goal at 94th minute.

There's a strong possibility that Brazil will concede two more goals in the second half as well. That new defender is terrible.

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 02:33 PM
Lukaku kakku what a player..he along with mbepe are my two new fev players

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 02:36 PM
Brazil are staging a comeback.
Augusto gets Brazil on the board

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 02:50 PM
Need a goal here Brazil

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 02:52 PM
That was so close

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 02:55 PM
What else are Brazil good at besides footy?

Brazilian jujitsu?

mufi_02
July 6, 2018, 02:57 PM
A very good game though.

Hazard and Courtious MoM. Chelsea, Man City, Man U powers Belgium to Semis

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 02:59 PM
Beg gk is my Man of the match

aklemalp
July 6, 2018, 03:09 PM
That OG demoralized Brazil from the beginning; losing momentum in the process

adamnsu
July 6, 2018, 03:32 PM
The last save by the goal keeper was amazing. Brazil were doing much organised in the second half as Belgium went full defensive

NoName
July 6, 2018, 05:43 PM
FML first BD and now Brazil

F*******************************************K :head:

bujhee kom
July 6, 2018, 11:24 PM
My revised prediction.
Final between Sweden and Croatia - With Sweden winning the cup!

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 03:54 AM
My revised prediction.
Final between Sweden and Croatia - With Sweden winning the cup!

sweden vs croatia final not possible..they are in the same half. at best will meet in the semi

SportingBD
July 7, 2018, 08:23 AM
I was born as a Tiger, brought up as a Lion.

ComeOnENGLAND!

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 10:17 AM
England in semis while none of Argentina Brazil Germany or Italy isnt

lol what a WC

mufi_02
July 7, 2018, 10:27 AM
Sweden is very boring. What a waste of a QF spot!

mufi_02
July 7, 2018, 10:37 AM
Unlike the past, this is a very likable England team. Southgate is a good manager and Kane is a very nice fellow. Wish Vardy played more.

aklemalp
July 7, 2018, 11:03 AM
Oh my. Jolly England in the semifinal.

How brilliant. Lethal they are.

aklemalp
July 7, 2018, 11:11 AM
The semifinalists so far all live next to each other (neighbors)

France, belgium, England.

Mas_UK25
July 7, 2018, 12:46 PM
Still can’t get over Brazil exiting :( Were all over Belgium 2nd have chances after chances, 17 shots to Belgium having only 1. Brazil always gives you the vibe theres more in the locker to come. Unfortunately first way own goal shocked them in a sudden way. It ruined a lot of the spirit. 2nd half was great. Oh well always next time. Most of the players will be even better come next world cup and at better prime age, Neymar by then probably leading best player ranking.

Brazil always be my first choice international..no matter what.

But now.. it’s coming home, Footballs coming home. C’mon England! :)

aklemalp
July 7, 2018, 01:46 PM
An instant classic brewing here

NoName
July 7, 2018, 02:05 PM
England in semis while none of Argentina Brazil Germany or Italy isnt

lol what a WC

Lmao if England can't win with this scenario, they never will.

aklemalp
July 7, 2018, 03:53 PM
Russia out the place

Yankees
July 7, 2018, 03:59 PM
Good show from Russia. After Japan-belgium, this was the 2nd best game of the WC for me.

aklemalp
July 7, 2018, 05:14 PM
France-Uruguay: France

Brazil- Belgium: Belgium

Sweden- England: England

Russia-Croatia: Croatia

Russia's tale ends here.

Predicted this.

100%

Roey Haque
July 7, 2018, 05:26 PM
I did too^ But only proud of my Belgium pick. The rest were easy.

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 07:25 PM
Still can’t get over Brazil exiting :( Were all over Belgium 2nd have chances after chances, 17 shots to Belgium having only 1. Brazil always gives you the vibe theres more in the locker to come. Unfortunately first way own goal shocked them in a sudden way. It ruined a lot of the spirit. 2nd half was great. Oh well always next time. Most of the players will be even better come next world cup and at better prime age, Neymar by then probably leading best player ranking.

Brazil always be my first choice international..no matter what.

But now.. it’s coming home, Footballs coming home. C’mon England! :)

saw a tweet "Naymer's rolling home, Naymer's rolling home, tell the world Naymer's rolling home" :floor: