PDA

View Full Version : Why are Shakib/Management so reluctant to give Mahmudullah the ball?

Rifat_02
July 5, 2018, 02:46 PM
Not the first time it has happened ,Mahmudullah bowling well with a fantastic economy rate and Shakib decides to give someone else more overs despite Mahmudullah taking crucial wickets and making breakthroughs in the past, the same thing happened in Nidahas Trophy as well. What's the logic behind this ? He is more of a threat than even someone like Rubel in Tests

adamnsu
July 5, 2018, 03:50 PM
Dare I say at times Mahmadullah is better than Shakib and Mehedy yet he is under played. Perhaps the management and captain want to be orthodox using regular bowlers, although this is a nonsensical approach as the captain needs to adapt to the situation.

tiger1000
July 5, 2018, 03:57 PM
Perhaps he doesn't want to, I agree he could be used as a batting all rounder

Not that any of that would have made a difference this match

NoName
July 5, 2018, 05:01 PM
Dullah shouldn't even be in the test side

Yankees
July 5, 2018, 05:08 PM
Dullah shouldn't even be in the test side

DING DING DING

this guy isnt even a proper test batsman and u guys wanna make him an all-rounder. hilarious stuff.

Tausif
July 5, 2018, 07:51 PM
Yeah agree with NoName and Yankees. Riyad was pretty much out of the test team until Papon's ego took over and he made Shakib captain and Riyad vice-captain which made an entry for his return based on title.

NoName
July 5, 2018, 07:54 PM
Hathuri's fall out with the seniors probably started when he dared to drop Riyad from the test side

Fazal
July 6, 2018, 11:21 AM
Hathuri's fall out with the seniors probably started when he dared to drop Riyad from the test side

Ya... how dare he dropped senior citizen. This is Bangladesh, we respect our old players like our grandpa.

Rifat_02
July 6, 2018, 11:47 AM
Yankee and NoName please enlighten us who the great replacement we have who will do better than Riyad in tests, and his batting in tests is not the point of discussion here in case you guys haven't noticed i also mentioned the nidahas trophy . It is for all formats

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 03:46 PM
Yankee and NoName please enlighten us who the great replacement we have who will do better than Riyad in tests, and his batting in tests is not the point of discussion here in case you guys haven't noticed i also mentioned the nidahas trophy . It is for all formats

yea yea yea heard this argument and replied too many times to bother doing it yet again. Because we all know it goes something like this:

Step 1: Can't drop Riyad bc we have no one to replace him.
Step 2: Can't give chances to youngsters bc they haven't proven themselves.
Step 3: they haven't proven themselves bc they can't get game time.
Step 4: They can't get game time bc we have guys like Riyad holding their spots.
Step 5: But we can't drop Riyad bc we have no one to replace him.
Step 6: Lather, rinse, repeat
An impregnable logic. An unstoppable logic cycle. It's like a monster that eats its own sh*t.

In other words, literally any youngster is a better gamble than a 30+ year old bolod who's only contribution to BD tests has been 1 century a decade ago. But hey let's not only keep him in the squad, let's also make him bowl in tests because he once bowled a couple of good overs in a bush league T20 BPL.

Rifat_02
July 6, 2018, 04:06 PM
yea yea yea heard this argument and replied too many times to bother doing it yet again. Because we all know it goes something like this:

Step 1: Can't drop Riyad bc we have no one to replace him.
Step 2: Can't give chances to youngsters bc they haven't proven themselves.
Step 3: they haven't proven themselves bc they can't get game time.
Step 4: They can't get game time bc we have guys like Riyad holding their spots.
Step 5: But we can't drop Riyad bc we have no one to replace him.
Step 6: Lather, rinse, repeat
An impregnable logic. An unstoppable logic cycle. It's like a monster that eats its own sh*t.

In other words, literally any youngster is a better gamble than a 30+ year old bolod who's only contribution to BD tests has been 1 century a decade ago. But hey let's not only keep him in the squad, let's also make him bowl in tests because he once bowled a couple of good overs in a bush league T20 BPL.

Youngsters have been getting chances in the test team in case you haven't noticed , and none of them have done anything noteworthy to say they will do a better job than Riyad as of this moment . Riyad still averages 32.85 in last 5 years in test matches, please find a youngster who will average at least this much for an extended period. He is also a player with experience and a game changer in other formats. He did win matches for us and we don't have the riches to overlook him for now.

And Mullah has done well in bowling whenever given the chance not only in T20 leagues but also in other formats, sure he is not a Murali but that doesn't mean he cannot get more chances to bowl. This thread is not to say he should be a main bowler but that when he is bowling well he is not given more overs by the captain.

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 04:20 PM
Youngsters have been getting chances in the test team in case you haven't noticed , and none of them have done anything noteworthy to say they will do a better job than Riyad as of this moment . Riyad still averages 32.85 in last 5 years in test matches, please find a youngster who will average at least this much for an extended period. He is also a player with experience and a game changer in other formats. He did win matches for us and we don't have the riches to overlook him for now.

And Mullah has done well in bowling whenever given the chance not only in T20 leagues but also in other formats, sure he is not a Murali but that doesn't mean he cannot get more chances to bowl. This thread is not to say he should be a main bowler but that when he is bowling well he is not given more overs by the captain.

"Riyad still averages 32.85 in last 5 years in test matches, please find a youngster who will average at least this much for an extended period." is a very easy argument to make when you know no youngster has been given such an extended leash. It's a easy cop out for you.

A guy like Shanto has played 1 test for BD. And this is a guy that has shown much more promise than a bum like Riyad. And btw comparing riyad's last 5 years stats is quite hypocritical. Why don't you look at his first 5 years, when he averaged a 25. Persist with any youngster for that long, and he will give you a better output.

And your other point is another good one. he's won us 2-3 games in LOIs, therefore he should be persisted with in tests. With that logic, you ought to be a BCB selector.

Rinathq
July 6, 2018, 04:56 PM
"Riyad still averages 32.85 in last 5 years in test matches, please find a youngster who will average at least this much for an extended period." is a very easy argument to make when you know no youngster has been given such an extended leash. It's a easy cop out for you.

A guy like Shanto has played 1 test for BD. And this is a guy that has shown much more promise than a bum like Riyad. And btw comparing riyad's last 5 years stats is quite hypocritical. Why don't you look at his first 5 years, when he averaged a 25. Persist with any youngster for that long, and he will give you a better output.

And your other point is another good one. he's won us 2-3 games in LOIs, therefore he should be persisted with in tests. With that logic, you ought to be a BCB selector.

You are comparing Shanto the opener with Riyad the middle order Allrounder? With that logic you should be the Team Manager for BCB. Wait... are you Sujon?

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 05:04 PM
You are comparing Shanto the opener with Riyad the middle order Allrounder? With that logic you should be the Team Manager for BCB. Wait... are you Sujon?

Shanto is an opener eh?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10680/scorecard/1019987/new-zealand-vs-bangladesh-2nd-test-bangladesh-tour-of-new-zealand-2016-17/

Boy the Mullah apologists are sprinting out of the woodworks now! May the farce be with you.

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 05:06 PM
"middle order Allrounder" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Christ!

Rinathq
July 6, 2018, 05:22 PM
Silly me.. I forgot Shanto is a lower order pinch hitter... Now I can see why he opened the entire BPL and said in the interview how he hopes to partner Tamim someday... Yup Tamim is stealing Shabbirs spot next series I guess

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 06:08 PM
Maybe you don't realize that he's come in 3rd/4th in BCL all the time. Whereas you are basing him being an opener based on.... BPL? That's like saying Narine should open in tests because he opens for KKR. Then again, youre a Mullah fan, format clearly doesn't mean jack for you.

"middle order Allrounder" :floor::floor:

Rinathq
July 6, 2018, 06:24 PM
Maybe you don't realize that he's come in 3rd/4th in BCL all the time. Whereas you are basing him being an opener based on.... BPL? That's like saying Narine should open in tests because he opens for KKR. Then again, youre a Mullah fan, format clearly doesn't mean jack for you.

"middle order Allrounder" :floor::floor:

Comparing Narines opening stint with Nazmuls... This gets better by the post... Keep it coming!

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 06:31 PM
Comparing Narines opening stint with Nazmuls... This gets better by the post... Keep it coming!

None of your nonsense posts have yet to validate Mullah's place in tests other than claiming Shanto is an opnener based on BPL. This is pretty consistent with you. Always quick to defend Mullah without the substance to actually back it up.

Whatever dude, fans like you are the reason we have the team we have. Oh look how Mullah scored a heroic 15 against the mighty Windies.

Rinathq
July 6, 2018, 06:50 PM
None of your nonsense posts have yet to validate Mullah's place in tests other than claiming Shanto is an opnener based on BPL. This is pretty consistent with you. Always quick to defend Mullah without the substance to actually back it up.

Whatever dude, fans like you are the reason we have the team we have. Oh look how Mullah scored a heroic 15 against the mighty Windies.

Its because of bandwagoner plastic fans like you Bangladeshis have such a bad reputation in the social media. Your cricketing understanding is limited to ranting and scapegoating a player and blaming the entire debacle on them. We have a team that got folded in 3 days against a lower ranked side and you are hear crying why a certain player is in the squad instead of a the legend in making youngster. If Riyad does get dropped you are gonna go on and make Mushy or Tamim your next scapegoat for another so called prospective young legend in the making. If that pleases your soul (and it probably does).. go nuts!

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 07:11 PM
Its because of bandwagoner plastic fans like you Bangladeshis have such a bad reputation in the social media. Your cricketing understanding is limited to ranting and scapegoating a player and blaming the entire debacle on them. We have a team that got folded in 3 days against a lower ranked side and you are hear crying why a certain player is in the squad instead of a the legend in making youngster. If Riyad does get dropped you are gonna go on and make Mushy or Tamim your next scapegoat for another so called prospective young legend in the making. If that pleases your soul (and it probably does).. go nuts!

Lots of big words with no substance. calling me a bandwagoner while you keep worshiping at the Mullah alter. Questioning my understanding of cricket while you justify Mullah's test team place based on his (2-3) LOI performances.

Bottom line is you have yet to provide any credible points. Just same old nonsense.

Nafi
July 6, 2018, 07:17 PM
Thanks for derailing the topic, the subject is about why riyads bowling isnt used more, not whether he deserves to be playing in the first place.

Night_wolf
July 6, 2018, 08:48 PM
sheesh you guys have time to argue with these losers when the football world cup is on?

Mullah is a loser

shanto is another soon to be loser

we are the king of losers who support these losers and argue about them

case closed

Rinathq
July 6, 2018, 09:35 PM
Lots of big words with no substance. calling me a bandwagoner while you keep worshiping at the Mullah alter. Questioning my understanding of cricket while you justify Mullah's test team place based on his (2-3) LOI performances.

Bottom line is you have yet to provide any credible points. Just same old nonsense.

There is not ONE post I "worshipped" Mahmudullah Riyad. you derailed the thread with your pathetic "Lord get rid of Riyad" anthem. I did not even try to justify Riyads place in the test team because at this point, all of 11 players need justification and not just Riyad. Cross this game out, Riyads last few games were good enough to keep him. The team had to get rid of other morons like Soumya, Shabbir that you sing kumbaya all day for.

I wish you all the best. Must be tough to troll a player thats probably not going anywhere from any format anytime soon!

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 09:47 PM
Shabaash. Yet another one of your "let me backpaddle because i can't justify with facts" post. Now I'm a soumya/sabbir supporter? Nope, unlike you, I don't hero worship. Come up with facts if you're going to interject next time.

"middle order allrounder" -- Enough said.

Yankees
July 6, 2018, 09:48 PM
sheesh you guys have time to argue with these losers when the football world cup is on?

Mullah is a loser

case closed

Shanto hasn't even been given a chance to prove he's a loser.

mufi_02
July 6, 2018, 10:48 PM

Mullah is a loser

case closed

Can we just close BC? We should stop supporting and following them. And let’s start with dismantling BC

Rinathq
July 6, 2018, 11:55 PM
Shabaash. Yet another one of your "let me backpaddle because i can't justify with facts" post. Now I'm a soumya/sabbir supporter? Nope, unlike you, I don't hero worship. Come up with facts if you're going to interject next time.

"middle order allrounder" -- Enough said.

Yea I don't need to come up with facts to argue against a rant bandwagoner ... And next time.. try to stay on topic

Tausif
July 7, 2018, 12:05 AM
Can we just close BC? We should stop supporting and following them. And let’s start with dismantling BC

We should use this forum only to support BD Women's Cricket from now.

Yankees
July 7, 2018, 01:39 AM
Yea I don't need to come up with facts to argue against a rant bandwagoner ... And next time.. try to stay on topic

another no nothing post from a know-nothing poster. keep it up Mr. hero worshipper.

p.s. do look up the meaning of bandwagoner -- they latch onto winners, not teams like BD. Then again, looking up stuff isn't your strong suit.

Rinathq
July 7, 2018, 02:10 AM
another no nothing post from a know-nothing poster. keep it up Mr. hero worshipper.

p.s. do look up the meaning of bandwagoner -- they latch onto winners, not teams like BD. Then again, looking up stuff isn't your strong suit.

haha your reputation in the forum speaks itself for your credentials. Play the sport sometime or atleast watch it... it will be enlightening! And a band wagoner is exactly what you are. You are the kind that would dance and gloat around when the team is winning... when its otherwise, they are nowhere near to be seen only occasionally to come and rant.

Yankees
July 7, 2018, 04:09 AM
haha your reputation in the forum speaks itself for your credentials. Play the sport sometime or atleast watch it... it will be enlightening! And a band wagoner is exactly what you are. You are the kind that would dance and gloat around when the team is winning... when its otherwise, they are nowhere near to be seen only occasionally to come and rant.

go ahead, show one post of mine where i danced and gloated after the team has won. I DARE you.

Either put up or admit you dont actually have anything of substance to contribute and instead you rely on generic statements to deter posts directed at you. Pathetic.

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 04:30 AM
Shanto hasn't even been given a chance to prove he's a loser.

"soon to be"

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 04:31 AM

if we close BC another one will pop up. because there are always going to be losers like us

Rinathq
July 7, 2018, 12:44 PM
go ahead, show one post of mine where i danced and gloated after the team has won. I DARE you.

Either put up or admit you dont actually have anything of substance to contribute and instead you rely on generic statements to deter posts directed at you. Pathetic.

Yea I would totally waste my Saturday afternoon digging up posts of a useless member. Members in this forum know which poster contributes with substance and which one doesnt..

Won't bother to reply as I have clearly wasted enough time on something pure useless

Yankees
July 7, 2018, 04:07 PM
Yea I would totally waste my Saturday afternoon digging up posts of a useless member. Members in this forum know which poster contributes with substance and which one doesnt..

Won't bother to reply as I have clearly wasted enough time on something pure useless

wonderful. Quick question, do you have these generic platitudes memorized or do you keep them saved on your desktop for easy access? Or do you simply subscribe to the "Idiot's guide to saving face when lacking substance?"

Anyways, dont let me keep you from your daily pilgrimage to Riyad.

i_am_ringo
July 8, 2018, 07:04 AM
Don’t be so rough on our permanent passenger. he has value.

Great family man
Great brother in law
Great guy for boro bhai advice
Great guy to invite to shakib’s dine
Great guy to take pictures with

Aside from that, I also hear he is in the team doing... something I believe... not sure what but something ...so there’s also that.

Yankees
July 8, 2018, 02:08 PM
Don’t be so rough on our permanent passenger. he has value.

Great family man
Great brother in law
Great guy for boro bhai advice
Great guy to invite to shakib’s dine
Great guy to take pictures with

Aside from that, I also hear he is in the team doing... something I believe... not sure what but something ...so there’s also that.

welcome back, Ringo. Anyways, be careful with what you say about him. Otherwise some dimwitted simpleton will accuse you of not playing cricket and being a bandwagoner, or whatever else it takes to protect their middle order lord and savior.

zura
July 8, 2018, 02:35 PM

Like winning matches?

i_am_ringo
July 8, 2018, 03:07 PM
Like winning matches?

Hahahahahahahahaha. No arguing with you there!

Fan chai tomar moto. JABRA FAN. Ceiling fan. Always in hawa.you know the song? Hawa hawa eh hawa mujhko ura de.

Tomar moto fan asey bolei... beshhhh aramey 15 years pass kora jay. That too in a country’s only recognizable national team.

Rifat_02
September 26, 2018, 02:53 PM
Mahmudullah was given the ball in last two matches and he has delivered , got some important wickets and was economical.

KaaL-PurusH
September 26, 2018, 05:58 PM
His batting being wasted at number 7 too. He is our 2nd best batsman after mushfiq in the squad and must bats at number 5

Zeeshan
September 26, 2018, 06:06 PM
hit thread here...huh? missed out on the rabble...

Gowza
September 26, 2018, 06:06 PM
I put mushy and tamim ahead with riyad closely behind him in 3rd. He’s definitely improved his batting over the last two years. Bowling he was always inconsistent so still may be but surely his CPL stint gave him confidence with the ball.

Zeeshan
September 26, 2018, 06:07 PM
on topic as CJS said: We need to give players time..

Was watching this live analysis by CJS. My GOD!!! The man keeps so much knowledge in head. He literally knows every damn score of every damn player in every damn foreign land. I mean he was rattling of all the players from Kenya team and how much Imrul scored in New Zealand. Jesus Christ. I RESPECT, LAUD AND SALUTE HIS PASSION!! :notworthy: :flag:

So he was also saying how Imrul is from India (?) wtf and how he went to Meherpur later and hence has different background, solid backhand education, cricket education on how to carry innings....etc.

Alan Watts once said: A fool who persists in his folly must get wise.

Same with CJS. The man has accumulated gem of knowledge, incisive analysis in span of his whole career. Respect!!

Probably this is the video. Lost from cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EldWIkv5dMU&t=522s

Max100
September 26, 2018, 06:19 PM
Riad bowled superb in bpl, he won matches with his bowling

Then in psl and cpl, he showed improved bowling.

Only in national team, he gets 2 overs or maximum 3 overs. This is a great mystery

One World
September 26, 2018, 06:36 PM
Only because he did well against technically flawed batsmen does not mean he will be good against natural well trained Ind batting

Tausif
September 26, 2018, 07:34 PM
Only because he did well against technically flawed batsmen does not mean he will be good against natural well trained Ind batting

He was never that bad as a bowler though. Was always decent. Wouldn't have hurt to him use him more often in the past couple of years as a part time option.

Zeeshan
September 26, 2018, 09:28 PM
I will go as far as to say Riyad is captaincy material. And "I" was the biggest bullier of SISSIFICIZIATION of Riyad et co.

naim519
September 26, 2018, 09:37 PM
Riyad was the captain in Nidahas while Shakib is out.

Gowza
September 26, 2018, 09:44 PM
Depending on how riyad is playing and how much longer he wants to play for, I’d say give him the captaincy when mash retires.

godzilla
September 26, 2018, 10:10 PM
Depending on how riyad is playing and how much longer he wants to play for, I’d say give him the captaincy when mash retires.

I really don't understand why shakib was selected as the captain. Being the best player in the team doesnt mean that you're a good captain (i.e Virat Kohli). Honestly should have gone to tamim or riad. More calm minded.