PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal Thread=> France v Belgium| England v Croatia

aklemalp
July 7, 2018, 04:08 PM
Most likely it will be France over Belgium. But belgium is a spirited team, working like a well-oiled Machine

And England-Croatia? Any body's game

In fact, the reason this world cup is a hit/success is because of the upsets/unpredictability of teams.

Roey Haque
July 7, 2018, 05:14 PM
So glad Croatia won. Can you imagine what a worthless semi final Eng vs Rus would be? As if England hasn't had it easy enough so far!

But kudos to Russia, Cheryshev has been one of the revelations, I think he will get an offer from a big club soon.

adamnsu
July 7, 2018, 05:14 PM
I still can’t believe England are in the semis. This country really needed this.

bujhee kom
July 7, 2018, 05:27 PM
My final Final match prediction:
Final match between France and Croatia
With Croatia being the champion Score 2-1

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 07:32 PM
I am confused to support which team. dont want Belgium/Croatia/England wining it. and dont want France to win it either as I want Zidane in charge of France when they win it. Most likely Zidane will be France Manager in next WC and if France wins this WC its almost certain they will bow out in the 1st round of the next WC :lol:

NoName
July 7, 2018, 07:41 PM
I am confused to support which team. dont want Belgium/Croatia/England wining it. and dont want France to win it either as I want Zidane in charge of France when they win it. Most likely Zidane will be France Manager in next WC and if France wins this WC its almost certain they will bow out in the 1st round of the next WC :lol:

Sorry bud, Zidanes coaching the mighty Qatar :fire:

Yankees
July 7, 2018, 08:04 PM
France-Eng would be a fun final, especially with their rivalry. But I want to see a new championship nation, so Belgium-Croatia it is.

NoName
July 7, 2018, 08:32 PM
Anybody but England please lol

Night_wolf
July 7, 2018, 09:34 PM
Sorry bud, Zidanes coaching the mighty Qatar :fire:

lol wut? When did this happen?

icricket
July 8, 2018, 01:38 AM
Semifinal winners will be France and England. But Belgium might surprise us. I wanted to see the final between Russia and Brazil/France. I do not like the Uruguay team at all.

adamnsu
July 8, 2018, 02:45 AM
Anybody but England please lol

Andy Murray’s compatriot

Night_wolf
July 8, 2018, 06:58 AM
I just saw Croatia's president

to hell with France/Belgium/England

GO CROATIA!!!!

iDumb
July 8, 2018, 07:10 AM
In fact, the reason this world cup is a hit/success is because of the upsets/unpredictability of teams.

Can you recall a world cup that wasn't a hit or success ??

That is not the reason LOL. WC is filled with rich histories . It doesn't require surprises to be interesting

If anything too many early exits of major teams made it worse in my opinion

iDumb
July 8, 2018, 07:12 AM
^ I would have liked to see half broken German against England than this poor Sweden team that somehow leapfrogged their way to here .... they were so poor

iDumb
July 8, 2018, 07:14 AM
England side of the bracket is a big joke !!! They are in final without topping a single major soccer force ....

Night_wolf
July 8, 2018, 09:34 AM
England side of the bracket is a big joke !!! They are in final without topping a single major soccer force ....

England is singing football is coming home! Bhahahahahaha!

ToBeFair
July 8, 2018, 10:19 AM
My final Final match prediction:
Final match between France and Croatia
With Croatia being the champion Score 2-1

Agree with this prediction.

R0ssei
July 9, 2018, 12:42 PM
ENG found it too easy so far.

Both CRO and BEL need to play damn well to be in the final. Although FRA vs ENG would be a tremendous final, I would proly want to see BEL vs CRO instead just to see a new team lift the trophy.

roman
July 9, 2018, 02:02 PM
If anything too many early exits of major teams made it worse in my opinion

LOL..You just said what I have been telling all my friends. No Italy, No Netherlands..Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil disappointed me. What Kind of world cup is this? Ony match I am looking forward to is Fra vs Bel. And its a shame that one of them wont be playing the Final

aklemalp
July 9, 2018, 02:26 PM
LOL..You just said what I have been telling all my friends. No Italy, No Netherlands..Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil disappointed me. What Kind of world cup is this? Ony match I am looking forward to is Fra vs Bel. And its a shame that one of them wont be playing the Final

I feel the opposite. The novice football fan I am, I was following the lesser teams in the group stages. Some have made it to the Quarters, and one made it to the semis.

I get it that diehard football fans are dejected that the major teams/favorites (barring France?) are not gonna lift the cup.

This world cup has made me wanna follow soccer more now. Prior to this WC, my interest in soccer was minimal.

I look forward to more after the WC is over

The prospect of more teams in the next worldcup even guarantee more following among the once-newbie-football like myself.

Is this football's version of T20 cricket?

mufi_02
July 9, 2018, 03:06 PM

thing is over the years the gap between powerhouse nations and smaller nations has reduced. for the last 20 years, club football has exploded beyond imaginations. so talented players play across various leagues and with the best.

from the top of my head --

croatia has luka modric/kovacic (real madrid), rakitic (barca), mandzukic (juve), lovren (liverpool), perisic (inter)..

while belgium has hazard/courtouis (chelsea), de bruyne/kompany (man city), lukaku/fellaini (man u).

croatia/belgium are not brazil/germany but they have so many good players with top flight club experience that they can deliver and perform even better as a team compared to other big nations.

mufi_02
July 9, 2018, 03:10 PM
This world cup has made me wanna follow soccer more now. Prior to this WC, my interest in soccer was minimal.

Is this football's version of T20 cricket?

do it. start with following EPL and Champions League. Then pick another European league (la liga, bundesliga, seria A). Timing works perfectly as most games are Sat/Sunday US time.

that's how I spend my weekend morning!

what do you mean by Football's T20?

aklemalp
July 9, 2018, 03:31 PM
do it. start with following EPL and Champions League. Then pick another European league (la liga, bundesliga, seria A). Timing works perfectly as most games are Sat/Sunday US time.

that's how I spend my weekend morning!

what do you mean by Football's T20?
That's sounds excellent. I like the way how the guys from Belgium play. It's exciting/entertaining.

RE: Football's T20
In the sense that it's (football) drawing newer fans the same way T20 did to the cricket.

roman
July 9, 2018, 05:06 PM
thing is over the years the gap between powerhouse nations and smaller nations has reduced. for the last 20 years, club football has exploded beyond imaginations. so talented players play across various leagues and with the best.

from the top of my head --

croatia has luka modric/kovacic (real madrid), rakitic (barca), mandzukic (juve), lovren (liverpool), perisic (inter)..

while belgium has hazard/courtouis (chelsea), de bruyne/kompany (man city), lukaku/fellaini (man u).

croatia/belgium are not brazil/germany but they have so many good players with top flight club experience that they can deliver and perform even better as a team compared to other big nations.

I know bro..But I still dont want to accept those small teams knocking major teams. At least not just yet. I want the players of small teams do really well in the PLs but in world cup, I want my major teams to be there..Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England, France and Uruguay need to play the Qtr final for the world cup to be exciting for me..

But I do get that the quality of football is lot better this time. Teams like Iran, Croatia, Mexico, japan, Morocco played really well. Group stage was fun

NoName
July 9, 2018, 06:40 PM
I know bro..But I still dont want to accept those small teams knocking major teams. At least not just yet. I want the players of small teams do really well in the PLs but in world cup, I want my major teams to be there..Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England, France and Uruguay need to play the Qtr final for the world cup to be exciting for me..

But I do get that the quality of football is lot better this time. Teams like Iran, Croatia, Mexico, japan, Morocco played really well. Group stage was fun

Lol, how would you feel when old-school cricket fans say stuff like that; wanting Ind, Pak, Aus, SA etc in the SFs and QFs :P

aklemalp
July 9, 2018, 07:10 PM
Lol, how would you feel when old-school cricket fans say stuff like that; wanting Ind, Pak, Aus, SA etc in the SFs and QFs :P

Small teams toppling bigger ones is such a heartwhelming story.

Everybody loves an underdog!

iDumb
July 9, 2018, 07:32 PM
I don’t think the gap between certain nations reduced that much due to players playing in various leagues.

I think this World Cup it was matter of top nations not producing the quality that we are used to.

I have no problem seeing smaller teams perform but I want to see persistent and above average performance .

There is a tactical art to football that Roman Bhai and me or those wanting top teams to succeed is craving for . Smaller teams usually fail to produce that .

Though Croatia came this far . Though they have great players with great names .. their game was still very lack luster .. against Russia they ran out of gas 3/4 of the way .. there were no coordinated attacks .. no set pieces .. nothing . Sure they can become champion but it’s not satisfying .

For ex the second goal by Russia against Croatia is something u expect from top nations consistently .. and I watch soccer for those kind of plays .. problem with a. Team like russia is they wouldn’t be able to reproduce that again .. and hence they are ranked 70s and not 1. And therefore a team like Spain should be there instead because they can.

There can be one surprise nation in latter stages . not 6 of them lol

A friend of mine got upset when I said it was good that Japan lost against Belgium .. this wc would be even more jokes . He just couldn’t comprehend my argument no matter how hard I tried . He is a first time soccer follower also :p

roman
July 9, 2018, 09:28 PM

Then I have a problem:lol:

I know this is called Double standard. But thats how I feel. Cant help it my brother:big_hug:

NoName
July 9, 2018, 09:37 PM
Then I have a problem:lol:

I know this is called Double standard. But thats how I feel. Cant help it my brother:big_hug:

Haha its all good

Personally the amount of matches I have enjoyed watching this World Cup is more than the last three combined. They were all damn amazing, probably my favourite one yet in terms of sheer entertainment and competition (after '02 obviously), even though my team exited in the QFs.

roman
July 9, 2018, 09:48 PM
I don’t think the gap between certain nations reduced that much due to players playing in various leagues.

I think this World Cup it was matter of top nations not producing the quality that we are used to.

I have no problem seeing smaller teams perform but I want to see persistent and above average performance .

There is a tactical art to football that Roman Bhai and me or those wanting top teams to succeed is craving for . Smaller teams usually fail to produce that .

Though Croatia came this far . Though they have great players with great names .. their game was still very lack luster .. against Russia they ran out of gas 3/4 of the way .. there were no coordinated attacks .. no set pieces .. nothing . Sure they can become champion but it’s not satisfying .

For ex the second goal by Russia against Croatia is something u expect from top nations consistently .. and I watch soccer for those kind of plays .. problem with a. Team like russia is they wouldn’t be able to reproduce that again .. and hence they are ranked 70s and not 1. And therefore a team like Spain should be there instead because they can.

There can be one surprise nation in latter stages . not 6 of them lol

A friend of mine got upset when I said it was good that Japan lost against Belgium .. this wc would be even more jokes . He just couldn’t comprehend my argument no matter how hard I tried . He is a first time soccer follower also :p

I do not argue with someone who just started following the game. Pointless.

For me the best world cup so far was 1990 and 2006. 1994 and 2014 were decent too (but didnt like Germany thrashing Brazil 7-1 Although I am not a Bra fan). Not because the big teams made it to the last 4 but the quality of the matches were so much better. In those wcs, I was literally hypnotized and was craving for more even after the tournaments were over. I still get goosebumps thinking about those matches. 2002 world cup must have been the worst and rigged world cup ever. Although that was the world cup that gave us the best Bra team ever played After Pele's team I think

I havent seen a single player this time who scored a brilliant goal. Last world cup, Messi scored few remarkable goals. Van Persie also scored a brilliant goal. This time havent seen a goal that made me say wow.

I think the major teams failed because they didnt play according to the potential. And also the top teams didnt get to practice together much as a team before the world cup. Most players were busy playing for the clubs and didnt get much time to build team chemistry.

Night_wolf
July 9, 2018, 09:55 PM
Haha its all good

Personally the amount of matches I have enjoyed watching this World Cup is more than the last three combined. They were all damn amazing, probably my favourite one yet in terms of sheer entertainment and competition (after '02 obviously), even though my team exited in the QFs.

South Korea's blant cheating ruined 02 wc for me

aklemalp
July 9, 2018, 09:57 PM
More red cards needed :D

NoName
July 10, 2018, 08:03 AM
South Korea's blant cheating ruined 02 wc for me

Back then I only followed Brazil's matches in the WC, didn't know about the cheating til quite later.

A lot of people say the best Brazilian team produced was late 70s/early 80s during the era of Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao and they never won a WC lol. They are remembered as the greatest football team to never win a WC

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 08:24 AM
Back then I only followed Brazil's matches in the WC, didn't know about the cheating til quite later.

A lot of people say the best Brazilian team produced was late 70s/early 80s during the era of Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao and they never won a WC lol. They are remembered as the greatest football to never win a WC

Zico might go to Bangladesh soon.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/154581

our football federation is just good at these things. also setting up huge tv screens for WC.

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 08:27 AM
I get that big teams have not made it far in this WC. but this WC has been very exciting for me. had a lot of drama.

hoping for a good finish.

NoName
July 10, 2018, 08:34 AM
Zico might go to Bangladesh soon.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/154581

our football federation is just good at these things. also setting up huge tv screens for WC.

That is exciting, hope to see our football team go somewhere in my life-time. Resigned to the fact that the NT men's cricket team will be languishing at the bottom of the barrel for years to come.

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 08:45 AM
That is exciting, hope to see our football team go somewhere in my life-time. Resigned to the fact that the NT men's cricket team will be languishing at the bottom of the barrel for years to come.

won't happen in our lifetime. BD is the only country in south asia to not have any age group teams currently. even Bhutan has u-13 and u-15 teams. they all do except us. there is no plan whatsoever. we recently got a coach who was an assistant manager of a 5th division english club lol.

let's just cherish zim whitewash for the rest of our lives.

aklemalp
July 10, 2018, 09:06 AM
I get that big teams have not made it far in this WC. but this WC has been very exciting for me. had a lot of drama.

hoping for a good finish.

I was listening to a Podcast by Bill Burr. Perennial cynic. He said that he was drawn to this world cup because of the sheer drama and cliffhangers. There will be a lot of new fans of soccer after this WC is over

Take the Japan-Belgium match. I have just about given up on Belgium after the 2nd Japanese goal was scored, and then magic happened. I don't care if Japan is ranked 1 millionth: they put up a fight, the hit hard, and somehow they succumbed to the pressure of being on top with tons of time left.

Exciting!

roman
July 10, 2018, 09:27 AM

Zidane also went to BD right after 2010 WC. He played a match in Dhaka Stadium. He played for MSC and Brothers Union. Argentina national football team also played a friendly match against Nigeria at the same venue. Did our football go anywhere? The answer is NO. We do not have what it takes to be competitive in sports..

Night_wolf
July 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
Zidane also went to BD right after 2010 WC. He played a match in Dhaka Stadium. He played for MSC and Brothers Union. Argentina national football team also played a friendly match against Nigeria at the same venue. Did our football go anywhere? The answer is NO. We do not have what it takes to be competitive in sports..

in term of sub con status we were head to head with India in the 90s..India currently is ranked 97 and if we stuck with football i recon we would have been close to 100 if not under it. Rather currently we are languishing at 194.

With Fifa WC extending to 48 teams and asia having 9 teams we could see India in the wc. Just imagine if we still had that football pedigree as India we could have had a great chance to play the cup of all cups.

I blame cricket for the current state of football..absolutly useless sport which is only played by a couple of countries and one country does all the monopoly. The governing body of this sport is a joke. This sport gave my country nothing but some luichas who use the fame to either get rich selling their country's pride or do luichami with girls

NoName
July 10, 2018, 11:05 AM
^ lol we would have had the Football equivalent of the Nasirs and Sabbirs instead

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 11:13 AM
taile ki hobe amader diya? na pari cricket na pari football. hadudu madudu er kono bell nai. ki ek desh e je jonmailam. koshto lage khub.

iDumb
July 10, 2018, 11:34 AM
taile ki hobe amader diya? na pari cricket na pari football. hadudu madudu er kono bell nai. ki ek desh e je jonmailam. koshto lage khub.

LOL. Maiyader shathe prem korleo, facebook live giya shob fash dei. ki faltu desh.

iDumb
July 10, 2018, 11:39 AM
I was listening to a Podcast by Bill Burr. Perennial cynic. He said that he was drawn to this world cup because of the sheer drama and cliffhangers. There will be a lot of new fans of soccer after this WC is over

!

there are comments like that every world cup. 4 years is a long time and pppl forget a lot. Every world cup ppl say this is the best.

Your interest is also temporary till the next world cup.

thats' a good observation Night wolf with Asian teams getting more quota from 2026. I saw a portion of a documentary where india is hell bent on making a team for the world cup. God help us all when they qualify. You are right .. going by 80s they shouldn't be ahead of us.

Randomly take few bangladeshis off street who grew up in 80s and 90s and take some from India... Bangladeshis will give them the dholai of life time... many of the bangladeshis in ny i hang aroudn with early days used to give some of the spanish kids who play in small league here run for their money.. they used to get so pleasantly surprised with the skill level of ours.

roman
July 10, 2018, 11:41 AM
LOL. Maiyader shathe prem korleo, facebook live giya shob fash dei. ki faltu desh.

Er jonno kobi bole gechen prem korte dui din bhangte ek din omon prem ar koiro na.

aklemalp
July 10, 2018, 11:49 AM
there are comments like that every world cup. 4 years is a long time and pppl forget a lot. Every world cup ppl say this is the best.

Your interest is also temporary till the next world cup.

There's truth in there. I remember liking the last WC because of the same time zone with us...and Germany and Netherlands(forgot already?) playing like kings.

My interest in International(WC) football will wane until the next, but my interest in Football will keep on getting better.

With the expansion of the WC, more teams... only makes it better. It is the true world championship. Every nation believes..hope, and all other euphoria associated with such grandeur

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 12:40 PM

tai rifat er moton prem korte hobe :D

meanwhile Ronaldo goes to Juventus for 112m Euros..

Roey Haque
July 10, 2018, 12:54 PM
Wow! Ronaldo wants to win with a third club. Just like Lebron James went to the Lakers in hopes of winning with a third club.

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 12:58 PM
Wow! Ronaldo wants to win with a third club. Just like Lebron James went to the Lakers in hopes of winning with a third club.

meanwhile Mushy will be in Miami signing autographs for his legions of fans. For $5k. Aren't you going Roey?

One World
July 10, 2018, 01:10 PM
:: Asterix or Tintin?

::Tintin Tintin

roman
July 10, 2018, 01:23 PM
Fantastic save by the french gk.

Night_wolf
July 10, 2018, 02:09 PM
France leads..girud is france's heguin

roman
July 10, 2018, 02:13 PM
Can bel come back the way they did against japan

Night_wolf
July 10, 2018, 02:15 PM
God france is playing like the old Brazil. Unbelievable Football

Girud still searching for his first shot on target

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 02:19 PM
mbappe! what a player. only 19. now I see why PSG paid almost $200 million for him.

france playing sublime football.

roman
July 10, 2018, 02:26 PM
LOL Girud..They should replace him

R0ssei
July 10, 2018, 02:28 PM
France leads..girud is france's heguin

I came here to say the same thing.

But Mbappe and Hazard are constantly surprising me while I thought b4 the WC that Grizzman and KBD would be France and Belgium's key players.

R0ssei
July 10, 2018, 02:39 PM
Time's running out for BEL. You can see some frustration already building up.

I think BEL failed to use KBD well today. He isn't really a short pass player rather superb with his visions and long passes/crosses. Lukaku has been kept quiet. Hazard is doing all the work and he isn't getting the fouls either. I feel for BEL.

mufi_02
July 10, 2018, 02:57 PM
BEL weren't that bad. But France was able to frustrate them. Golden generation's journey ends here.

roman
July 10, 2018, 03:18 PM
France going all the way. They will thrash England (most likely they will beat croatia) in final

aklemalp
July 10, 2018, 03:23 PM
Excellent game this was. Felt like a final.

adamnsu
July 10, 2018, 03:32 PM
Some good play. Belgium started off well but France came in stronger. I wonder where Mbappe learn his extra dramatic antics?

roman
July 10, 2018, 03:42 PM
Some good play. Belgium started off well but France came in stronger. I wonder where Mbappe learn his extra dramatic antics?

Cough cough..Neymar..cough cough

Shingara
July 10, 2018, 03:55 PM
Congrats France. Kal key jitbey? England na Croatia ?

Night_wolf
July 10, 2018, 03:56 PM
After watching france vs belgium I think we can say Croatia cant beat France.

England vs France will be a good final. France will send England home with picture of the WC and they can sing football's picture came home afterwards 😄

roman
July 10, 2018, 04:01 PM
Just give the cup to France already

adamnsu
July 10, 2018, 05:16 PM
Cough cough..Neymar..cough cough

Survey says: Top Answer

adamnsu
July 10, 2018, 05:16 PM
It will be a great match if England can win the semis and meet the Frogs in the final

aklemalp
July 10, 2018, 05:25 PM
Survey says: Top Answer

Most overrated player in the world. What a poser

Roey Haque
July 10, 2018, 05:50 PM
Neymar is such a good diver, I heard he saved those 12 boys from the Thai cave.

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 11:35 AM
I hope to see some goals today, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 are boring...

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 12:01 PM
I hope to see some goals today, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 are boring...

same here.

I think Fra vs Arg and then Bel vs Japan was the game of the WC for me so far.

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 12:48 PM
They are partying with freaking flares at the Croatia watch party

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 01:07 PM
England are on the board with an early goal. Nice free kick that saw the back of the net.

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 01:17 PM
ENG will score more goals.

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 01:23 PM
Englandddd

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 01:28 PM
Rahim Sterling, full of energy, is bound to fall around the 18-yard box.

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 01:44 PM
Kane has not kicked into gear

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 01:55 PM
looks like france will have to be the one to stop its coming home nonsense

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 01:56 PM
been a boring first half. neither team looks convincing. france on the other hand is almost at its peak.

roman
July 11, 2018, 01:58 PM
Just give the cup to Fra already. ei shob england fingland urey jabe just

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 01:59 PM
Argentina had to be in mbeppe's half, why couldn't Argentina be in England's half dhur

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 01:59 PM
What a wanker. Wanna see a france-croatia final

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:00 PM
Now I wish it were the big teams in the SF instead of these novices. Boring SF's.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 02:01 PM

Croatia absolutly run out of gas after the group stages, at least eng will give france some competition. dont want to see a boring one sided final

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 02:09 PM
ghum aisa porlo, r underdog support korbona..u need big teams in big stages

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:11 PM
How many guys in this English team were poached?

roman
July 11, 2018, 02:12 PM
Now I wish it were the big teams in the SF instead of these novices. Boring SF's.

This is the reason why i am against small teams making it to Qtr and beyond. It ruins the fun of the world cup. Small teams cant take the pressure of a big match. Wish teams like Germany, Spain, Brazil made it to the semi. Would have been so much better

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:12 PM

The way CRO is playing today, they shouldn't even be playing in the SF, let alone the final.

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:14 PM
Had to share :lol:

https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/8ae1642bdc2a1b8be1f1ef4d6790c4f3/5BE16423/t51.2885-15/e35/c0.25.798.798/s480x480/36136200_471543363315755_6213054507337646080_n.jpg

roman
July 11, 2018, 02:15 PM
Argentina had to be in mbeppe's half, why couldn't Argentina be in England's half dhur

Lets face it. Arg was a crappy team this time. They didnt deserve to go past group stage. Messi did not play at all. He did not make plays or do something fancy on his own. Others were just awful to watch. Ronaldo played lot better than him

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 02:15 PM
How many guys in this English team were poached?

what do you mean poached?

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:16 PM
what do you mean poached?

Borrowed from the cricket vernacular...

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:17 PM
All the SF team strikers suck in SF matches:
- Giroud (FRA)
- LuKaku (BEL)
- Mandzukic (CRO)
- Kane (ENG), missed a clear chance in 1st half

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 02:18 PM
Borrowed from the cricket vernacular...

meaning like from other countries? almost all of these are local players. in fact england has the most number of players from their own home league barring maybe spain.

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:19 PM
meaning like from other countries? almost all of these are local players. in fact england has the most number of players from their own home league barring maybe spain.

Yeah. That answers my question. I was wondering if they were following their cricket team and doing the same thing.:up:

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 02:20 PM
All the SF team strikers suck in SF matches:
- Giroud (FRA)
- LuKaku (BEL)
- Mandzukic (CRO)
- Kane (ENG), missed a clear chance in 1st half

Giroud couldn't find the target all world cup not only the semies

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 02:21 PM
France national team could be mistaken for an African country team

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 02:23 PM
Walker took a big blow for the team

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:25 PM
It's all tied now

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:26 PM
GOAL, Croatia levels

mufi_02

watch this. addresses why france has so many black players and why this team is a symbol of integration and tolerant france. those in french right asked the same ques as you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P55XYp2KD2Y

Night_wolf
croatia equalizes! finally we have a semi final..let roll boys..lets pack these english back home. they want their team home!

adamnsu
Croats!!!! Dhuro

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:27 PM
Wasn't that high boot? :confused:

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 02:28 PM
Wasn't that high boot? :confused:

I also thought the same!

Croats nearly took the lead

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 02:29 PM

21 of the 23 members in France team are born and brought up in France. 1 was born in Cameroon but he came to france when he was 2. Only France's 2nd goalkeeper can truly be called African who is from zaire and came to France when he was a teen ager.

Just because they are black that does not mean they are from Africa

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:29 PM
Oh my...Croatia on the attack, they are looking threatening

bujhee kom
July 11, 2018, 02:37 PM
Who will win, who will lose? Nobody knows...Bola koob mooskil...

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:37 PM
Is there no replacement for Mandzukic, the 32-year old who cannot play for 90 min?

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 02:41 PM
Heart is beating...this is edge of the seat stuff... The intensity has picked up

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:43 PM
Perisic is the playa

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 02:46 PM
21 of the 23 members in France team are born and brought up in France. 1 was born in Cameroon but he came to france when he was 2. Only France's 2nd goalkeeper can truly be called African who is from zaire and came to France when he was a teen ager.

Just because they are black that does not mean they are from Africa

They could be mistaken for an African team is what I said. Also conversely just because it’s Africa doesn’t mean they are black too.

R0ssei
July 11, 2018, 02:51 PM
Lovely free-kick from Tripper and Kane misses it again. Goes into extra time.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 02:52 PM
They could be mistaken for an African team is what I said. Also conversely just because it’s Africa doesn’t mean they are black too.

if the latter part of your post is how you feel than why would France be mistaken for an African team in the first place?

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 02:54 PM
Will croatia go to the 3rd penalty in a row?..if so it'll be England's 2nd PS..lol these two teams deserve each other

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 02:57 PM
croatia has been the better team overall though. beside that freekick goal, england did very little.

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 02:58 PM
Is there no replacement for Mandzukic, the 32-year old who cannot play for 90 min?

unfortunately not. maybe kramiric.

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 03:00 PM
if the latter part of your post is how you feel than why would France be mistaken for an African team in the first place?

The latter part was a counter argument.

Yankees
July 11, 2018, 03:00 PM
Will croatia go to the 3rd penalty in a row?..if so it'll be England's 2nd PS..lol these two teams deserve each other

can't recall if any team has won 3 pk shootouts in a row.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 03:05 PM
Wow what a safe..Eng almost scored

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 03:06 PM
Ohhhhhhh nearly a header

adamnsu
July 11, 2018, 03:06 PM
England going for penalties based on substitutes

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 03:10 PM
European style of football is boring as hell

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 03:16 PM
Modric is showing sign of fatigue..Croatia have played 30+30+30 extra mins..thats another full match

roman
July 11, 2018, 03:17 PM
I am glad that Croatia is fighting back. Made a match out of this

bujhee kom
July 11, 2018, 03:22 PM
Croats!

aklemalp
2-1
Croatia

roman
Its not coming home baby

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 03:23 PM
Taking a leaf out of ringo's thread heading...

The best is yet to come..

bujhee kom
Dabrooshkie!@

mufi_02
mandzukic out of everyone!! what a header by perisic.

croatia deserves to go through.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 03:24 PM
Its coming home! England team is coming home!

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 03:26 PM
10 and a half man on the field for CRO

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 03:29 PM
10 men on the field for ENG

bujhee kom
July 11, 2018, 03:29 PM
I have been saying Ala Zagrevie for the last 5-6 years not for nothing!

bujhee kom
July 11, 2018, 03:33 PM
Some Buira in Bangladesh made the largest German flag ever for this world cup - Ekhon chacha miah matha-e haat diya boisha kanditesen...ai hai hai ami eita ki korilaam...ei kapor gula shushu shudhu noshto krlaam! Modon!

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 03:36 PM
Freaking hand ball

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 03:38 PM
Goodbye England..Go home..your country is singing for you to come home

aklemalp
July 11, 2018, 03:39 PM
Ahh, the Croatia team.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 03:40 PM
Croatia played well but they will be mince meat vs france

aklemalp
That's a first...

first time a team has won 3 extratime games in WC history

adamnsu
Ah well. We made it to the semis. Not our time

roman
July 11, 2018, 03:43 PM
So those teams that have defeated Argentina are in final now. So technically....Just Technically arg is 3rd :D

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 03:51 PM
Croatia played well but they will be mince meat vs france

don't think so. in all 3 games, croatia came from behind and won. they were more than decent today.

france will be favorite but croatia will fight hard. very hard.

roman
July 11, 2018, 03:53 PM
I will be rooting for cro in the final. I want to see a new team winning it

mufi_02
July 11, 2018, 03:55 PM
I will be rooting for cro in the final. I want to see a new team winning it

we should. trump doesn't like france. so we shouldn't support france.

#America

Roey Haque
July 11, 2018, 03:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh2ljlIXkAEb9rR.jpg

roman
July 11, 2018, 04:01 PM
we should. trump doesn't like france. so we shouldn't support france.

#America

LOL..Who does he like

roman
July 11, 2018, 04:18 PM
Actually now that I think of it, feeling sad for England. This was their best chance to reach final. They were in an easy group, didnt face any strong opponents in the knock out stage, still managed to mess things up at the very last moment

Roey Haque
July 11, 2018, 04:34 PM
But you would feel sadder for Croatia had they lost. Because unlike England who had the easiest group of the lot, Croatia had the toughest. And their Denmark and Russia tests were tougher as well, than England's Colombia and Sweden tests.

Also, this is kind of a golden generation for Croatia and thus had to capitalize. The great Modric's chance to win for his country. While this England team should get better in theory, and will get another chance at it 4 years later.

Eclipse
July 11, 2018, 04:39 PM
Really happy for Croatia. They were brilliant in the last 75 minutes of the match.

roman
July 11, 2018, 04:46 PM
But you would feel sadder for Croatia had they lost. Because unlike England who had the easiest group of the lot, Croatia had the toughest. And their Denmark and Russia tests were tougher as well, than England's Colombia and Sweden tests.

Also, this is kind of a golden generation for Croatia and thus had to capitalize. The great Modric's chance to win for his country. While this England team should get better in theory, and will get another chance at it 4 years later.

Ya true that. This is a very young Eng team. Will have another opportunity in 4 years. But this was their best chance to reach the final I think since they didnt have to face any major team so far. And they could not cash it out

NoName
July 11, 2018, 05:59 PM
So damn happy Croats won, I'm loving this team.

Their players have insane stamina holy ****

Night_wolf
July 11, 2018, 08:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh2ljlIXkAEb9rR.jpg

it doesn't work like that. Football's home isn't Croatia

adamnsu
July 12, 2018, 12:05 AM
it doesn't work like that. Football's home isn't Croatia

Well said and technically right.

Shingara
July 12, 2018, 03:50 AM
England ball niye dourtesilo na. Daraiya daraiya khali pass kortesilo. Emeny ki goal kora jay ?
Ki jey korlo gadhagula

adamnsu
July 12, 2018, 03:59 AM
England ball niye dourtesilo na. Daraiya daraiya khali pass kortesilo. Emeny ki goal kora jay ?
Ki jey korlo gadhagula

Technically England er first goal ta na douriya chilo :D. Main reason they lost was Harry Kane not clicking and poor defending.