PDA

View Full Version : England Vs. India

SportingBD
July 8, 2018, 08:19 AM
Two powerful team going head to head.

SportingBD
July 8, 2018, 08:20 AM
Jos Butler in beastly form. T20 series 1-1.

Today is the decider. England batting first.

Watching the match just to see Butler bat.

aklemalp
July 8, 2018, 08:20 AM
First six of the day.

Looks to be a high scorer

SportingBD
July 8, 2018, 08:33 AM
Whose that commentator? can't put a single sentence together!

Harbhajan? indian have other decent commentators.. its pissing me off.. really..

Eclipse
July 8, 2018, 09:05 AM
Two of the world's top most cricket nations r playing against each other. Its indeed a mouth watering prospect.

Mas_UK25
July 8, 2018, 09:09 AM
C’mon England!
Time to get fully behind England to avoid continuous disappointment and pain.

aklemalp
July 8, 2018, 09:13 AM
India are doing well to pull things back.

aklemalp
July 8, 2018, 09:30 AM
What a comeback from Hardik after going for 22 in his first over.

Finished with 4 for 38

SportingBD
July 8, 2018, 09:42 AM

Is it enough to defend?

zura
July 8, 2018, 09:46 AM
Anyone else absolutely despise India?

SportingBD
July 8, 2018, 09:49 AM

No.

But I do feel good when they lose.

aklemalp
July 8, 2018, 09:50 AM
India winning this if Rahul stays till the end

zura
July 8, 2018, 09:53 AM
No.

But I do feel good when they lose.

Location checks out

ToBeFair
July 8, 2018, 10:25 AM

I used to and never thought one day I will support them.

But this is what has happened. Kohli, Lokesh, Dhoni, Dhawan, Raina - I might not like them personally but that does not stop me from appreciating their skill.

Look how Dhoni and Kohli transformed their teams. Talk about trans formative leader - this is how it is done.

And look at us. Twenty years of cricket and our keptins can only look for positives and moral victory.

No one likes loser. Go INDIA. :up:

ToBeFair
July 8, 2018, 10:27 AM
BTW - E Morgan - a free loader in English team. Needs to be axed.

ToBeFair
July 8, 2018, 11:33 AM
Rohit gets a century, Pandya finishes off with a six.

India wins 2-1

aklemalp
July 8, 2018, 11:35 AM
That's how to boss a chase. Well done India

Rohit and Colin Munro are the only two payers with 3 T20I centuries

Eclipse
July 8, 2018, 08:22 PM
C’mon England!
Time to get fully behind England to avoid continuous disappointment and pain.

looks like u r having a pretty bad year mate. Bad news from every corner. England just got hammered. :lol:

Eclipse
July 8, 2018, 08:26 PM
Rohit gets a century, Pandya finishes off with a six.

India wins 2-1

Pandya has the potential to be one of the greatest all-rounder of all time. His natural ability of hitting the ball is simply out of this world. He Just need to be patient and need to put a bit value on his wicket.

Mas_UK25
July 8, 2018, 08:59 PM
looks like u r having a pretty bad year mate. Bad news from every corner. England just got hammered. :lol:

Not really.

Liverpool reached CL final. England in the Semis of World Cup. Yes first choice Brazil gone, but England always a fav as many LFC players plays, one time it had 5-6 LFC players in the national side. England cricket won many series. One t20 series lose doesn’t make it a bad year. All in all, been good but of cause BD makes it bad the most..

aklemalp
July 15, 2018, 12:03 PM
The match dhoni reached his 10,000th ODI run he was booed in.

What's up with India's select few moron? The man's a legend...most successful captain. But being India, they expect their players to deliver every game.

adamnsu
July 15, 2018, 12:14 PM

What's up with India's select few moron? The man's a legend...most successful captain. But being India, they expect their players to deliver every game.

Dhoni is a legend. Usually the Indians in these games at the stadium get piss drunk which increases their stupidity. sometimes I wonder if some of those morons end up writing on this forum too.

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 11:25 AM
England have a great chance of winning this!!!

Come on England!!!!

aklemalp
July 17, 2018, 11:29 AM
Oh my Kuldeep into the attack. Ten tight overs is expected from him...he's the presssure man

aklemalp
July 17, 2018, 11:31 AM
I can listen to this man talk all day...Kumar Sanga

ToBeFair
July 17, 2018, 12:01 PM
Ind needs three more wickets to get back in the match.

Most important is Root, Stokes, Butler.

I predict Morgan will get out soon. MM Ali useless anyway.

ToBeFair
July 17, 2018, 12:04 PM

Its not about Dhoni being successful or cool.

50% of India hate Dhoni.

50% of India idolizes him.

Fact of life. Saw the same in my office. Some Indians just cannot stand Dhoni. :-|

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 12:31 PM
Good going so far. England are usually professional to not muck it up from here.

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 12:35 PM
Kumar ke koro dilo churmaar

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 12:36 PM
Root korlo India re loot

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 12:41 PM
Ajkae tar kopalay shoni, catch drop korlo MS Dhoni

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 01:00 PM
Less than 50 runs, maaro zooray Eion Morgan

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 01:02 PM
Time to count the chickens before they have hatched, India has surely lost this match

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
Question is can any 2 of these batsman get a century? Don’t think so as India didn’t put up a decent score

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 01:08 PM
Root India re korlo uproot

adamnsu
July 17, 2018, 01:24 PM
England should start torturing Indian bowlers and finish em off

Rifat_02
July 17, 2018, 01:46 PM
Big win for England , Root gets a hundred off the last ball with a four needing one to win. It seemed like Pandya was bowling wides to deny him the hundred

Fazal
July 18, 2018, 09:45 AM
The ENG spinners took a U turn and doing pretty good against India.

SportingBD
August 2, 2018, 12:33 PM
Test cricket is the best format ever, especially when good teams play each other.

simon
August 2, 2018, 12:36 PM
What a legend Koheli is, just unstoppable.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ToBeFair
August 2, 2018, 12:52 PM
Kohli - was simply superb.

Kohli said before the match - I have nothing to prove.

He proved himself wrong. No matter how great of a legend you are, unless you can prove regularly that you deserve a place in the team, the team shall not carry you.

Hashim Amla has nothing else to prove. But his form is bad and I feel he might retire soon.

The statement that I have nothing to prove from legends like Kohli, Tendulkar, Dravid reminds of the first of boy in a class, who acts before exam as if he has the worst preparation among the lot and will sure fail in the exam, only to show a perfect score when results are published.

adamnsu
August 2, 2018, 05:20 PM
Well played Kohli. England to play well tomorrow and no stupid run outs.

aklemalp
August 2, 2018, 05:27 PM
England didn't hold on to their catches. Saw that period of play when Ben Stokes was introduced in to the attack, and was getting the ball to move alot.

Anderson also bowled superbly.

Kohli is a freak; the way he batted with the tail is commendable.
Anushka is doing something right with Kohli bhai :)

simon
August 3, 2018, 05:21 AM
Koheli was dropped twice on 21 and 51.
How costly it is turning out to be on a bowling friendly wicket.

Gowza
August 3, 2018, 07:22 AM
India in a strong position, big chance for them here to win this first test match

zura
August 3, 2018, 07:28 AM
Hopefully England can come back and at least add 100 more runs to the board. Would hate to see Indians getting anything aside from a 5-0 whitewash.

Gowza
August 3, 2018, 07:46 AM
England 7 down

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 07:50 AM
Ishant putting the English county experience into use

ToBeFair
August 3, 2018, 08:23 AM
I think AN Cook is past his prime just like H Amla.

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 09:16 AM
20 year old Sam Curran killing India with the bat- only a kid

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 09:55 AM
Game on!

194 runs for India to go 1-0

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 10:26 AM
First one down for India. Murali Vijay shoulder arms to a Broad delivery that nip back in to hit the pads. Plumb LBW

ToBeFair
August 3, 2018, 11:20 AM
These 23 overs remaining today shall be crucial for India.

ToBeFair
August 3, 2018, 11:28 AM
Eng should give the ball to Rashid.

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 11:36 AM
They had to review that. Not taking any chances against Kohli bhai

simon
August 3, 2018, 11:53 AM
In testing conditions other Ind batsmen look ordinary.
Koheli is miles ahead.

ToBeFair
August 3, 2018, 11:56 AM
England shall pay the price by not brining Adil Rashid to bowl.

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 12:01 PM
Half of India back in the shed. Kohli bhai still there.

Anderson just picked up Ashwin

al Furqaan
They had to review that. Not taking any chances against Kohli bhai

That was a poor review IMO. Only a team like Bangladesh would review that. It was clearly going over the stumps because Kohli was hit on flap and was standing a yard outside his crease. Not even close.

aklemalp
Nihadas Trophy hero, DK, is on a pair E-)

aklemalp
August 3, 2018, 12:02 PM
That was a poor review IMO. Only a team like Bangladesh would review that. It was clearly going over the stumps because Kohli was hit on flap and was standing a yard outside his crease. Not even close.

It was clearly a bad review; but England were not gonna even think twice about not reviewing a Kohli shout.

simon
August 3, 2018, 12:51 PM
Karthik fighting it out

SportingBD
August 3, 2018, 12:52 PM
India favourite to win. Kohli looks at ease.

simon
August 3, 2018, 12:57 PM
India favourite to win. Kohli looks at ease.

U never know..all it taked is a ball to do a bit more which is very much posssible on this track.
And if Koheli goes early then Eng win

al Furqaan
August 3, 2018, 11:23 PM
It was clearly a bad review; but England were not gonna even think twice about not reviewing a Kohli shout.

Yeah because they have 1 left still (I think).

But just because its Kohli, you don't waste a review on an lbw shout where the ball is CLEARLY going over the stumps. Boycott's grandmother could see that without her glasses on.

Root is a poor captain, imo.

adamnsu
August 4, 2018, 06:34 AM
England win. Great bowling by England. Kholi did bat well but I have an idea where he can stuff the mic in himself!

simon
August 4, 2018, 07:00 AM
Grt game
Congrats to Eng.
Should be a highly competitive series.
For Ind to win they will need other batsmen to step up.

Jadukor
August 4, 2018, 07:10 AM
Great contest. Kohli needs support from others and especially the openers. Top quality cricket being played. Watching this makes me feel we are so far behind with our fast bowlers. It is really time to look beyond Shafiul Rubel and co.

ToBeFair
August 4, 2018, 09:06 AM
Even if you can take 20 runs lead in the first innings, it often comes handy in winning a test match.

tiger1000
August 4, 2018, 09:32 AM
Great contest. Kohli needs support from others and especially the openers. Top quality cricket being played. Watching this makes me feel we are so far behind with our fast bowlers. It is really time to look beyond Shafiul Rubel and co.

It's not to the standard on show, but Mustafizur, jayed and Roy combination is good enough when you have Mehedi and Shakib to back it up, that line up could have put much better fight up vs West indies and would have kept us in the games

aklemalp
August 4, 2018, 10:03 AM
Yeah because they have 1 left still (I think).

But just because its Kohli, you don't waste a review on an lbw shout where the ball is CLEARLY going over the stumps. Boycott's grandmother could see that without her glasses on.

Root is a poor captain, imo.

This is what test cricket does to one's psyche. It messes with the mind, making sane players make rash decisions. Root and his crew were desperate for a Kohli wicket. He got mind****ed by Kohli ever since he got run out in the 1st innings by his opposite number.

Agree with you that he is not captain material. He's as useful as Tim Paine is to Australia.

aklemalp
August 5, 2018, 08:56 AM
Kohli bhai now #1 ranked test batsman in the world

Mas_UK25
August 5, 2018, 10:16 AM
What a comeback and what a performance by Stokes in the 2nd innings with the ball. Congratulations England my number one Test Side :) in fact number 1 t20s too. BD only just has more support in ODI’s, edges it as number 1 for me cause of Mashrafe.

ToBeFair
August 11, 2018, 02:12 PM
Innings defeat coming up for India.

godzilla
August 11, 2018, 02:44 PM
Let's all laugh at Bangladesh for playing sh*tty outside of home they said ... well why not laugh at india's performance now?

Yankees
August 11, 2018, 11:11 PM
Let's all laugh at Bangladesh for playing sh*tty outside of home they said ... well why not laugh at india's performance now?

Because this was an expected result. Media hype =/= test wins.

adamnsu
August 12, 2018, 09:30 AM
Come on lads, let’s wrap this game up today

adamnsu
August 12, 2018, 09:45 AM
Kholi gone! And then te next one too!!!!! Come England

ToBeFair
August 12, 2018, 11:21 AM
The test series result will be either 3-1 or 2-1 in favor of England.

I was wrong when I predicted that India will win the test series. As Graeme Smith rightly pointed out, Kohli is a great player, but often cannot bring the best of his team. Kohli has some Shakib tendency - he thinks that he is the superhero (or at least this is how he come across) who can single highhandedly win it for India. We have seen his heroics in last Oz and SA tour - but the team lost.

In bringing out the best of the team, Mashrafe is definitely one of the best captains.

adamnsu
August 12, 2018, 11:44 AM
India done and dusted. I am shocked they scored this much.

Yankees
August 13, 2018, 01:24 AM
how quickly would this match have ended if not for the rain? 2.5 days probably.

tiger1000
August 13, 2018, 01:43 AM
The test series result will be either 3-1 or 2-1 in favor of England.

I was wrong when I predicted that India will win the test series. As Graeme Smith rightly pointed out, Kohli is a great player, but often cannot bring the best of his team. Kohli has some Shakib tendency - he thinks that he is the superhero (or at least this is how he come across) who can single highhandedly win it for India. We have seen his heroics in last Oz and SA tour - but the team lost.

In bringing out the best of the team, Mashrafe is definitely one of the best captains.

Shakib and Kohli are not mashrafe, but criticism of their captaincy when the batsmen don't turn up is harsh, what are they supposed to do when players play like idiots

Jadukor
August 13, 2018, 02:32 AM
This just shows the quality of current cricketers. These guys would not last a spell against the great fast bolwers of the 90s. Cricket needs more quality swing bowlers and sporting pitches. England should really prepare wickets like this for ODIs instead of the flat roads that leaks 350-400 runs. This was a proper contest between bat and ball

One World
August 13, 2018, 08:16 AM
The test ended in 2 days. Please strip off Test status of Bangladesh.

adamnsu
August 13, 2018, 08:40 AM
I know one place Kohli can shove the mic now!

But tbh Indian batsman had no chance. The weather conditions were immaculate for bowling conditions. Its difficult for Asian players to play quality swing bowling, and under such circumstances its all pot luck tbh.

aklemalp
August 13, 2018, 09:23 AM
A good walloping.

al Furqaan
August 13, 2018, 07:57 PM
This just shows the quality of current cricketers. These guys would not last a spell against the great fast bolwers of the 90s. Cricket needs more quality swing bowlers and sporting pitches. England should really prepare wickets like this for ODIs instead of the flat roads that leaks 350-400 runs. This was a proper contest between bat and ball

I'm collecting data but the preliminary results so far suggest that 90s legends may actually be statistically inferior to modern day legends.

Rifat_02
August 13, 2018, 11:16 PM
I'm collecting data but the preliminary results so far suggest that 90s legends may actually be statistically inferior to modern day legends.

Of course they will be , how many cricketers in the 90s scored even one double centuries in ODIs let alone three? The pitches have changed , bowlers have changed, bats have changed , more computer analysis these days and video analysis to help prepare vs opponents

Yankees
August 19, 2018, 05:59 PM
Very impressed with India's response.

Gowza
August 19, 2018, 07:23 PM
Batting in England against English pacers at current is one of the toughest situations batsman have had to face for a long time.

Obviously tough for English batsmen as well but the English bowlers know how to exploit the conditions better than anyone, hence why it’s so difficult for touring sides.

Jadukor
August 19, 2018, 07:51 PM
Good fight from India. Should win this test from here

Gowza
August 19, 2018, 10:06 PM
Great opportunity for kohli to sure up his English record and create a legacy in England.

aklemalp
August 19, 2018, 10:22 PM
Hardik was bowling at a good length. Some of the deliveries were unplayable

al Furqaan
August 19, 2018, 10:45 PM
Obviously tough for English batsmen as well but the English bowlers know how to exploit the conditions better than anyone, hence why it’s so difficult for touring sides.

When a team like Pakistan goes 3-3 in their last 6 Tests in England, you know England aren't that tough a side at home. They lost to the Windies who have been a shambolic side for the last 15 plus years. In fact out of the top 5 sides (excluding SL, WI, BD, and PAK who don't play at home), England has the worst home record in the last 5 years. Out of the top teams, its the easiest place for touring sides.

Not to take anything away from this India side. They are a decent side in overseas conditions and close to ATG level in their home conditions (they've always been immensley strong at home).

Gowza
August 19, 2018, 11:11 PM
When a team like Pakistan goes 3-3 in their last 6 Tests in England, you know England aren't that tough a side at home. They lost to the Windies who have been a shambolic side for the last 15 plus years. In fact out of the top 5 sides (excluding SL, WI, BD, and PAK who don't play at home), England has the worst home record in the last 5 years. Out of the top teams, its the easiest place for touring sides.

Not to take anything away from this India side. They are a decent side in overseas conditions and close to ATG level in their home conditions (they've always been immensley strong at home).

If you were watching this test series you’d know what I mean, I can’t speak for the series you mentioned but right now on this current tour, the ball has been moving all over the place (from the hand and off the pitch), even the Indian pacers have been dangerous all series (not as dangerous as English bowlers and clearly less successful).

Pakistan do have good fast bowlers who can move the ball (amir on his day can be the best in the world) so not surprised if they’ve done well in England. WI have been building a good pace attack, roach and Gabriel an be very dangerous, but yeah generally they’ve been bad.

Btw I’m not saying the English side is the toughest to beat at home, I’m saying facing the English pacers when in form in the sort of conditions that are presented on this current Indian tour makes it the toughest place to bat. Maybe the conditions aren’t always like this, and for sure the English battling line up has been very poor as of late so them getting beaten isn’t surprising.

al Furqaan
August 19, 2018, 11:19 PM
If you were watching this test series you’d know what I mean, I can’t speak for the series you mentioned but right now on this current tour, the ball has been moving all over the place (from the hand and off the pitch), even the Indian pacers have been dangerous all series (not as dangerous as English bowlers and clearly less success).

These are good sporting conditions, but I wouldn't say its impossible to bat. This is a matchup of two vulnerable batting lineups. India's batting is just Kohli + one other batsmen of the day while England's batting is Bairstow-Stokes and maybe one tailender of the day. If you look at England, they have way too many passengers in the side to be a strong team, even at home. Cook, Stoneman, Malan, Vince and even Root have been contributing next to nothing for what seems like years now. Its Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen, Curran, Woakes who are practically scoring all the runs.

When you lost to 3 Tests to Pakistan and 1 more to the Windies in the last 2 years, you can't be considered a powerhouse team on recent form.

Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka is probably a harder challenge than playing England in England. Australia and South Africa are 0-5 on their most recent tours.

simon
August 20, 2018, 12:11 PM
Another day another masterclasd from King Koheli.
Just miles ahead than other best batters in the world.

Gowza
August 20, 2018, 06:14 PM
Great series so far from kohli, taken his average in England up to 35 from about 13, was hoping he stayed not out in this innings though, can just see that if he doesn’t get his average over 40 that people will still say he hasn’t done enough in England.

Rahul has been utterly disappointing.

Pujara this is what I expected, not a lot but something to still show he can give a bit in these conditions but not consistently.

Rahane, disappointing but expected. In a way it looks strange because the beginning of his career was mainly played away from home and he did well, but he hasn’t managed to hold onto that consistency which is what the last couple of years have shown.

Tausif
August 20, 2018, 07:51 PM
Kohli is on another level above everybody else. Absolute dominance. Fantastic to watch.

NoName
August 20, 2018, 10:15 PM
Yeh...idk how people can still have doubts about Kohli (besides some Pakistanis)

Gowza
August 21, 2018, 01:02 AM
Yeh...idk how people can still have doubts about Kohli (besides some Pakistanis)

Don’t forget first and foremost he will be compared to Tendulkar who is considered the top of the top for consistency and longevity, one good tour tonengland might not be enough to convince some people. A bit like sangakkara, don’t know why sanga isn’t rated more high than he is, with or without the gloves his records is tremendous across the world.

But yeah as far as kohli goes, most likely he has to convince people he is comparable to tendulkar to really be considered top notch. Imo he’s tremendous, look at his century conversion rate.

simon
August 21, 2018, 02:46 AM

Tbh I think after India Kohli has the biggest fan base in Pakistan.

Jadukor
August 21, 2018, 06:23 AM
England getting hammered in this test. already 4 wkts down

Tausif
August 21, 2018, 10:05 AM
England getting hammered in this test. already 4 wkts down

They pulled back quite well after those initial wickets I must say. Great partnership by Stokes and Buttler.

aklemalp
August 21, 2018, 10:13 AM
Buttler dropped on 1 by Pant- how costly will this be.

Gowza
August 22, 2018, 08:40 PM
Shaw and vihari called up for the last 2 matches. Tough gig to debut in this series if that’s what happens.

Tausif
August 22, 2018, 09:40 PM
Shaw and vihari called up for the last 2 matches. Tough gig to debut in this series if that’s what happens.

Most Indian fans think its too early for Shaw. They would have prepared Mayank Agarwal who has been scoring very consistently for a while in domestics.

al Furqaan
August 26, 2018, 03:46 PM
https://aewahid.podbean.com/e/the-cricket-cast-episode-6-ind-vs-eng-afg-vs-ire-2018/

episode 6 dealing mostly about the India vs England series.

Tausif
August 30, 2018, 11:48 AM
Sam Curran is terrific.

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2018, 12:38 PM
Sam Curran is terrific.
Is he better than flintoff/stokes?

One World
August 30, 2018, 01:42 PM
Good riddance by Ind Openers

Tausif
August 31, 2018, 11:05 AM
Is he better than flintoff/stokes?

Too early to tell but he is making a very good case using his opportunities.

Tausif
August 31, 2018, 11:05 AM
Moeen Ali with a fifer. Terrific bowling.

aklemalp
September 1, 2018, 01:32 PM
England did well to come back from losing early wickets.

The lead is 233. At one point, they would have been satisfied with 150 as the lead.

Ashwin nullified almost.

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 07:43 AM
India need 199 more to win. 3 wickets down. Kohli and Rahane at the crease. Pitch is gripping and turning. Uneven.

Can't ask for anything better

Roni_uk
September 2, 2018, 08:36 AM
Good partnership ... 163 more to win. COME ON ENGLAND... 7 more wickets!!!

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 08:44 AM
India's got this.

Too comfortable for this pair

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 08:57 AM
Have to resort to a hindi commentary of the game because all the English ones were buffering.

There's Mohammed Kaif doing commentary...and although I don't understand a single word, he sounds great. Articulate.

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 09:03 AM
100 up for India.

England need wickets

Roni_uk
September 2, 2018, 09:33 AM
Done - kohli gone. Match over!

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 09:40 AM
Rahane need to play the Pujara innings now

simon
September 2, 2018, 09:46 AM
Koheli out, Eng ahead now.

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 10:05 AM
Pandya out now

Roni_uk
September 2, 2018, 10:09 AM
i would give 30 more runs.. Ind will lose by 80 runs.

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 10:11 AM
Rahane playing a top knock here. He is the key.

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 10:12 AM
Classic Pant!

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2018, 10:25 AM
:) fight back by India. The issue is there are 24 more overs left today. They get the new ball in 22 overs.

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2018, 10:26 AM
That should be the end. Pant gone. Ali strikes.

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 10:31 AM
Two weird innings from Pant in this game

Roni_uk
September 2, 2018, 10:37 AM
Rahane gone - i might be wrong about India losing by 80 runs though

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 10:46 AM
Moeen eating them up

That was a poor decision from the umpire. Looking high to the naked eye

aklemalp
September 2, 2018, 10:54 AM
Shami looks too comfortable

adamnsu
September 2, 2018, 11:00 AM
Daamand doing so well!!!! Come on England!!!!

India batting crumbled more easily than shaan papri

adamnsu
September 2, 2018, 11:30 AM
Come on England!!!!!!!!!

India have lost the Test!!!!! They must have thought they had us!!! Lolz

TBH it was their game to lose

Tausif
September 2, 2018, 07:48 PM
England allrounders got the job done for them again. Previously it was Curran, Woakes and this test it was Moeen.

Zeeshan
September 2, 2018, 11:23 PM
Is India Moeen's Stormy Daniels?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/

Zeeshan
September 2, 2018, 11:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cv0I2mdYlVw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Roni_uk
September 3, 2018, 07:46 AM
Cook retires :(

adamnsu
September 3, 2018, 07:55 AM
Well played Cook! He has been the main ingredient in many of England's winning recipes (mind the puns)

adamnsu
September 7, 2018, 08:45 AM
At the game. Bit boring but atleast no Indian fans close by

aklemalp
September 7, 2018, 09:37 AM
Great. Post pictures

adamnsu
September 7, 2018, 11:14 AM
Great. Post pictures

Hopefully when I get home.

Some Indians brought drums playing bhangra

Roni_uk
September 7, 2018, 10:20 PM
Hopefully when I get home.

Some Indians brought drums playing bhangra

Sat & Sun will be packed.... just hand in there :)

adamnsu
September 8, 2018, 03:20 AM
Sat & Sun will be packed.... just hand in there :)

Friday was packed too. No empty seats

adamnsu
September 8, 2018, 04:59 AM
Ishant Sharma has bulked up. Looks more bigger in real life.

Don’t know why but Root got booed when he came into bat.

The Small Indian supporters with drums had some chants going. They were saying Virat Kholi to the rhythm of We will rock you. A lot of the English fans were at the start liking the drums but then started getting irritated towards the end of the day.

ToBeFair
September 8, 2018, 02:02 PM
India lost the match when they allowed England to go from 170 sth for 7 to 310 sth for 8.

All the matches India lost, they have pulled a classic BD :D

Roni_uk
September 9, 2018, 08:36 AM
Enjoying Jadeja's innings, I must say!

aklemalp
September 9, 2018, 09:34 AM
A true warrior's innings. Great from Ravindra!

aklemalp
September 9, 2018, 09:45 AM
Shami must be the most unlucky bowler in the world. So many play and misses

godzilla
September 10, 2018, 01:48 AM
So was over hearing some indians. Apparently Jadeja's 80 knock makes him a superior allrounder than Shakib. :lol: Didn't even know we considered this fella as a allrounder. Thought he was a bowler who can bat a bit.

adamnsu
September 10, 2018, 06:45 AM
Cook got his 100! What a way to write off your career :applause:

aklemalp
September 10, 2018, 06:58 AM
The last player to have achieved this feat: 100 in first and last test....was Mohammed Azharuddin

Roni_uk
September 10, 2018, 08:06 AM
England is probably having their best innings of the series - the very last one. Bizarre!

Shehwar
September 10, 2018, 08:56 AM
What a legend Cook is! Such a fairytale way to go. So happy for him!

simon
September 10, 2018, 09:04 AM
Good for Cook.

Tigers_eye
September 10, 2018, 09:17 AM
What a legend Cook is! Such a fairytale way to go. So happy for him!
Since he only plays Test, my feeling is, he had few more years in him. He is same age as Tharanga, May be a year older than Mushfiq/Riad. Obviously he played lots of more games than than ALL THREE COMBINED.

Roni_uk
September 10, 2018, 10:00 AM
^^ well if he was a sub-continental player he would played another 3-5 years but England probably would have replaced him if he hadn't scored this 100. Regardless of that - he is a legend, I personally hoped he finished 9 more Tests to hit that milestone of 300 tests and play the next Ashes :(

adamnsu
September 10, 2018, 11:04 AM
KHOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII THE MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quack Quack Quack

Max100
September 10, 2018, 02:30 PM
he is already a legend. if he is from sub continent, he would definitely play 3 or 4 yrs more. 33 is not that old. misbah started his career around that time.but again, its his real age ,not like sub continent made up age, where u have to add 5 years to get correct age.

mufi_02
September 10, 2018, 02:43 PM
Is India the best traveling team?

They are decent overseas but I don't think they are still the best. But which team is nowadays? Maybe NZ or SA.

Yankees
September 10, 2018, 06:17 PM
he is already a legend. if he is from sub continent, he would definitely play 3 or 4 yrs more. 33 is not that old. misbah started his career around that time.but again, its his real age ,not like sub continent made up age, where u have to add 5 years to get correct age.

That's the beauty of going out on top. Always leave them wanting more. Sanga is the only one from the subcontinent who got that.

Yankees
September 10, 2018, 06:17 PM
Goodbye Cook. What an incredible end to an incredible career.

al Furqaan
September 10, 2018, 08:21 PM

They are decent overseas but I don't think they are still the best. But which team is nowadays? Maybe NZ or SA.

NZ would get slaughtered anywhere in the subcontinent. Even in 2013 they were held to 0-0 in Bangladesh.

SA will struggle in subcontinent as well on a turning pitch.

The best traveling side would have to be Australia (Lyon will wreck havoc on a turner plus their pace attack is awesome) and then would probably have to be this India side even though they aren't very good overseas. But everyone else sucks even worse. Pakistan can only win Tests in England, but England lose at least 1 home Test to any team that plays them.

Yankees
September 11, 2018, 03:00 AM
^Agree. If not for some baffling decisions from Kohli, the 1st match and this match could have easily gone India's way.

NZ barely plays test cricket these days, which is a shame because KW deserves to play as much as Kohli/Smith/Root.

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 05:54 AM
Yes.

Kohli is evil because he has attitude problem and ego.
Cook is "good" because he is a goody-goody model boy, playing textbook cricket who doesn't threaten OUR ego.

Never mind cricket folks... carry on.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 06:28 AM
5 down 5 more to go!

No rain dances please :D

mufi_02
September 11, 2018, 08:28 AM
NZ would get slaughtered anywhere in the subcontinent. Even in 2013 they were held to 0-0 in Bangladesh.

SA will struggle in subcontinent as well on a turning pitch.

The best traveling side would have to be Australia (Lyon will wreck havoc on a turner plus their pace attack is awesome) and then would probably have to be this India side even though they aren't very good overseas. But everyone else sucks even worse. Pakistan can only win Tests in England, but England lose at least 1 home Test to any team that plays them.

This Aus team without any Smith/Warner will struggle a lot overseas. They even lost to us with those two in the team. You are right about NZ though.

So I think its either India/SA that are the best traveling team now. India did put up a decent fight and could have drawn the series if they clinched some key moments.

This English side isn't that great either.

Rifat
September 11, 2018, 09:31 AM
Excellent comeback from India...they only have 174 to get with 5 wickets still in hand. Amazing partnership between Pant and Rahul. good stuff.

SH Anik
September 11, 2018, 09:54 AM

Pakistan in England: Played 52 won 12

Rest of Asian teams in England: Played 79 won 9

I hope you got your answer.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:04 AM
Dont know which sub continent team plays well outside but lets not forget how Pakistan got caught spot fixing.

mufi_02
September 11, 2018, 10:08 AM
Pakistan in England: Played 52 won 12

Rest of Asian teams in England: Played 79 won 9

I hope you got your answer.

not really.

1) I was talking about in current terms. Going back 52 games for Pakistan in England means going back years if not decades.

2) Pak won the CT in England and thus a better win ratio.

3) England alone doesn't make up "overseas conditions". For an Asian team, AUS/SA/NZ are equally challenging as well.

4) In fact in NZ last year, Pak lost all 5 ODIs.

--

in the shorter format, I think India is the best traveling team. For test, it maybe India and SA.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:15 AM
I must admit India its remarkable how India has changed gears and going for it. I hope they dont win it.

Nearly time for new ball and Anderson to shoot em down

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:24 AM
RAHUL gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boycott on radio saying it was a Shane Warne ball

aklemalp
September 11, 2018, 10:27 AM
One brings two

aklemalp
September 11, 2018, 10:27 AM
Pant is gonna change gears now

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:31 AM
Pant is gonna change gears now

I hope that change in gear is to reverse, right back to the pavilion :D

aklemalp
September 11, 2018, 10:32 AM
I hope that change in gear is to reverse, right back to the pavilion :D

Good one. But he plays better when his back is against the wall (re: IPL 2018)

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:36 AM

The way the ball is moving, he might end up with his head against the wall as illustrated below

:head: :head: :head:

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:39 AM

WHAT DID I SAY MATE?

:head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head:

aklemalp
September 11, 2018, 10:40 AM
Jinxer

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 7 characters.

aklemalp
September 11, 2018, 10:40 AM
West indies world record 418 still safe?

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:43 AM
I want Jimmy to get another wicket

Yankees
September 11, 2018, 10:45 AM
so this is the end of Saha, right?

aklemalp
September 11, 2018, 10:49 AM
Hundreds by WKs in 4th innings:
149* A Gilchrist v Pak, 1999
117* Moin Khan v SL, 1995
114 RISHABH PANT v Eng, 2018
113* M Prior v NZ, 2013
106* A Knott v Aus, 1975
103 AB de Villiers v Ind, 2013
101 Mushfiqur Rahim v Ind, 2010

Source: cricbuzz

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 10:49 AM
I think dropping Pandaya was a good idea for India despite everyone else saying he should have been played.

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 10:50 AM
Good match going on!

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 10:55 AM
i hate to use the phrase that i use on any good incognito but...

LINK?!

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 10:57 AM
Got it. Thanks guys. Please stop PM-ing me.

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 11:01 AM
Rooting for India. Rooting for the underdogs. Would be one of the most ba----iest run chase ever.

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 11:13 AM
Probably all sealed for India.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 11:14 AM
Ha ha ha Sharma!!!!

Sharma did a review to waste time just like how footballers kick the ball back to goal keeper to waste time

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 11:16 AM
Another probably will go I predict.

Would have been a fantastic run chase! OH well.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 11:18 AM
Tbh India should aim for a draw and that would be a big achievement

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 11:26 AM
Jadeja JA JA JA JA bhaag!!!!

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 11:28 AM
Anderson is a RECORD BREAKER and a STUMP BREAKER!!!!

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2018, 01:17 PM
Score line of 4-1 doesn't tell the full story. Ind was very competitive in this series. Well done both teams.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 01:54 PM
England overall played better cricket. India did have some good patches but wasn’t consistent.

al Furqaan
September 11, 2018, 02:05 PM
Score line of 4-1 doesn't tell the full story. Ind was very competitive in this series. Well done both teams.

They were competitive in the first half. They fell apart in the second half in 4 of the 5 games.

simon
September 11, 2018, 02:18 PM
India bowling has been great since SA series.
Their batsmen apart from VK and Puj need to score runs.more consistently, then they will win more tests abroad.

adamnsu
September 11, 2018, 02:44 PM
India bowling has been great since SA series.
Their batsmen apart from VK and Puj need to score runs.more consistently, then they will win more tests abroad.

I also think the Indian bowlers were very good in this series especially in the first innings of this Test match. Their fielding was top notch.

But playing against England in home conditions for Indian sub continent teams is quite difficult

Zeeshan
September 11, 2018, 05:07 PM
Too bad India. Oh well... next time. :)

One World
September 12, 2018, 10:18 AM
Can Walsh produce a Bangladeshi "Jamie Anderson"?

Rifat
September 12, 2018, 11:50 AM
Can Walsh produce a Bangladeshi "Jamie Anderson"?

http://static.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/171000/171023.1.jpg

5tonne
September 14, 2018, 05:39 AM
^We need to find him a healthy girl!