PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread-2nd ODI (D/N)=> Windies v Bangladesh|JUL 25 2018| Providence Stadium, Guyana|2:30pm local time

Pages : [1] 2 3

aklemalp
July 22, 2018, 07:13 PM
Welcome,

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/278600/278612.jpg

VS
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/278600/278605.jpg

No time to waste. Focus on the 2nd ODI. Very important for both teams. Will we see a fightback from Windies? Or will Bangladesh seal the deal for their first overseas series win in 9 years?

In hindsight, the record 2nd wicket partnership for Bangladesh made a big difference in the win for BD. There are mixed views in the forum on this partnership: they batted too slow, they were targeting personal landmarks, etc. They gave a few chances to the Windies fielders, but they could not capitalize on them.
Mushfiqur. Who is this guy? Prime. He came in and made 30 in no time. Does he need to go up in the order? Or play the finisher role as in the 1st ODI?

Bangladesh's bowling is top-notch right now. Skipper Mashrafe in great form, very disciplined. Mustafizur providing good support. Rubel was inconsistent with his lines. Bangladesh might play him again in this game. The spinners were miserly.

Hope to see a better performance from Windies.
BD might drop Sabbir and Anamul for Shanto and Liton Das. It's unlikely Mushfiqur will give up the gloves.

Windies might drop Rovman Powell or probably stick with the same team.

All the best to both teams:)

Let's see a more competitive game :up:

One World
July 22, 2018, 07:20 PM
Shakib's bowling is a big concern now

aklemalp
July 22, 2018, 07:24 PM
Shakib's bowling is a big concern now

Probably tired after that 97? Who knows. He looked lackadaisical.

One World
July 22, 2018, 07:26 PM
Whatever ranking says, he is not able to do justice to his all-rounder tag anymore

NoName
July 22, 2018, 07:51 PM
WI shooting themselves in the foot if they are going to dish out another slow pitch, they don't seem to know we shot through the rankings because of fortress Mirpur

Fazal
July 22, 2018, 07:54 PM
...yes. He got some run today
.. but his batting is so inconsistent and fragile now a days... He struggled big time today first part of his innings.

aklemalp
July 22, 2018, 08:17 PM
WI shooting themselves in the foot if they are going to dish out another slow pitch, they don't seem to know we shot through the rankings because of fortress Mirpur

Guyanese pitch is traditionally slow. Nothing we can do to change that. Hetmyer the only one able to bat well on it since he's a Guyanese.

bujhee kom
July 22, 2018, 08:28 PM
Ki go aklemalp bhaiyo! No Chitol maas in this thread, bhai?
Without Chitol Maach, BD might lose this 2nd match. My dearest bhaiyo Singh saheeb, quickly put some Chitol fish photos in here asap!

bujhee kom
July 22, 2018, 08:29 PM
Akle, or even a Katol, Boal or a Pangash fish anything will do. Whatever you find in the market, whatever is on sale tonight. Please bhai taratari (quickly), before match starts...otherwise we are doomed!

Just don't get anything small, please bahi, make sure you get a big one, just like the last time!

aklemalp
July 22, 2018, 08:37 PM
Ki go aklemalp bhaiyo! No Chitol maas in this thread, bhai?
Without Chitol Maach, BD might lose this 2nd match. My dearest bhaiyo Singh saheeb, quickly put some Chitol fish photos in here asap!

Went on a different theme on the match thread. Wanna jinx BD to loseee

Here's another one of the fishes we have here in Guyana

http://www.freshwaterfishesofguyana.net/images/Hopliasaimara.png
Houri/Wolf Fish (Hoplias Malabaricus)

Jungle fish with lots of bones...but tasty when fried

aklemalp
July 22, 2018, 08:40 PM
Here is another one:

https://www.guyanatimesinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Guyana-Times-International_19-8.jpg
Pyara also known as the 'vampire fish'

https://www.guyanatimesinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Catch-a-Himara-one-of-the-largest-fish-species-in-Guyana.png
Himara

Tausif
July 22, 2018, 08:41 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Liton Das
Nazmul Shanto
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mosaddek Hossain
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

I know we probably will keep the winning XI but it's high time that we drop Anamul and Sabbir. Anamul has no future in international cricket and Sabbir adds nothing to our team other than fielding. Better we develop Liton and Shanto who have shown potential.

Shakib and Rubel need to tighten their bowling. But otherwise bowling is solid with many options.

Let's go:flag:

aklemalp
July 22, 2018, 08:55 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Liton Das
Nazmul Shanto
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mosaddek Hossain
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

I'd consider switching Shakib with Mushfiqur. Mushy can play multiple roles in the batting order. He can rotate the strike and go for the boundaries

NoName
July 22, 2018, 09:09 PM
I know we probably will keep the winning XI but it's high time that we drop Anamul and Sabbir. Anamul has no future in international cricket and Sabbir adds nothing to our team other than fielding. Better we develop Liton and Shanto who have shown potential.

Shakib and Rubel need to tighten their bowling. But otherwise bowling is solid with many options.

Sabbir was only in the team because we thought he could be the finisher we needed with the big shots, but 5 years and we've seen nothing substantial. Meanwhile Riyad developed nicely into that role, which pretty much makes Sabbir's inclusion worthless.

I also bet the think-tank behind Anamul's inclusion thought he would be good for this serious because he has a good average against WI , regardless of him not playing intl's in years :lol:

ToBeFair
July 22, 2018, 11:09 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Liton Das
Nazmul Shanto
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mosaddek Hossain
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

100% agree.

It's time to permanently get rid off Anamul and Shabbir. Perform or perish. Chuler style or other type of dhongbaji - sorry - will not do.

zura
July 23, 2018, 12:31 AM
Will the pitch become more spin friendly like Shere-Bangla does when more and more games are played?

Rinathq
July 23, 2018, 12:40 AM
For heaven's sake.. drop Shabbir and bring in Shanto. Everyone else can stay..

i_am_ringo
July 23, 2018, 01:41 AM
I would give anamul another go before we shelf him.

I know to you guys it’s like a video game and switching people doesn’t matter, but it’s his last chance to be in a team he probably dreamt about playing for his whole life so...

I hope for his sake he is given another chance to protect that dream

adamnsu
July 23, 2018, 02:03 AM
Anamul has no place in the team. Shabbir’s role is to play a cameo and fielding and he should stay.

However I think Shakib higher up the batting order is quite risky.

Navo
July 23, 2018, 04:34 AM
Whatever ranking says, he is not able to do justice to his all-rounder tag anymore

Do you mean just in ODIs? He scored a 50 and took a 6 wicket haul in a test match just a few days ago!

One World
July 23, 2018, 06:37 AM
Do you mean just in ODIs? He scored a 50 and took a 6 wicket haul in a test match just a few days ago!

What about T20I's, he tops the chart there too

weekyd
July 23, 2018, 07:41 AM
What's with the Anamul hate?

The lad should be given another crack at the international cricket. The amount of chances we gave to some of our current seniors players are quite astonishing. Remember Ashraful (Thank God he's no here as a walking-wicket)? The guy couldn't bat to save his life yet he was in the squad match after match. Mushy was failing miserably too at the beginning. So did Tamim. Tamim was even dropped and thrown back in the A team to learn his crafts. Shoummo was given more than enough chances in the last couple of years. His exclusion can now be justified.

Anamul has the potential and should be given enough chances just like others. Shoummo was drafted in the team time after time all because he has potential and he had shown his worth in the PAK and SAF series. Same can be applied to Anamul too. Unfortunately both Anamul and Shoummo couldn't come out of their bad patches.

Anamul, Shoummo, Shanto, Nurul etc are the future of our cricket after our big guns retire.

Having said all that, I think if Anamul fails in the second ODI then Liton should open. I am not an Anamul fan (I prefer Imrul over Anamul any day) but I think Anamul should still be in the squad for couple of series at least. He does have the temperament to play long innings. People who complain about his footwork should look how CG of WI plays.

tiger1000
July 23, 2018, 11:08 AM

Averages 52 with the bat and 21 with the ball this year.

tiger1000
July 23, 2018, 11:09 AM
What about T20I's, he tops the chart there too

No he doesn't

His form has dipped in T20s and his ranking has dropped to 3 in that format

One World
July 23, 2018, 12:21 PM
His performance with the bat in this match will tell us whether that 97 was fluke or the start of a long stretch of consistency.

aklemalp
July 23, 2018, 04:30 PM
I'd drop Sabbir and keep Anamul. One more chance for him. Sabbir was unlucky to get that decide against him. Liton is more of an FC player. Anamul is the one with international century.

One more chance for Anamul. Play Shanto.

And the same thing with WIndies. Don't drop Rovman. He is a good striker of the ball. Will be useful in the next match. I have a feeling that he will come good in the next game given the chance.

Drop Shakib down a spot. Mushy at 3.

Match Adda
July 24, 2018, 01:03 AM
Tamim Iqbal
Liton Das
Nazmul Shanto
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mosaddek Hossain
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

Said my words .... this will be the perfect x11 of the lot ...
Anamul only good for emotion and natok, and Sabbir good for Layla, Kayla modhu bala etc along with you miss I hit attitude... liton is in form , shanto is upcoming future and played well on a warm up match ...so yes , agreed with you.

Rifat_02
July 24, 2018, 03:56 AM
Tamim Iqbal
Liton Das
Nazmul Shanto
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mosaddek Hossain
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

My XI as well, they should give game time to young players that can perhaps do something in future like Shanto rather than picking the same tried and tested failures who have no capabilities to succeed in the long term

BengaliPagol
July 24, 2018, 05:24 AM
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Liton Das
3. Shakib al Hasan
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Mosaddek Hossain
6. Nazmul Hossain Shanto
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mehedi Hasan
9. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Mustafizur Rahman

RealSports
July 24, 2018, 07:52 AM
I think Mosaddek should bat at #3. He's the future, and reminds me of Steve Smith. Also, he's actually good with the ball. He's a better version of Nasir Hossain whom I'm glad has been dropped. Ideally, it should be Mushfiqur batting at #3. He needs to give up the gloves, and hand them over to Nurul Hasan. Yes, Nurul Hasan should be part of the national side. Solid keeping skills are vital at this level. Mashrafe was excellent in the last game, and I just hope he manages to reach 250 ODI wickets before he calls it quits. He deserves a lot more than that.

godzilla
July 24, 2018, 08:02 AM
Wonder if they will drop Anamul tomorrow. Have not done anything significant as off late.

zura
July 24, 2018, 08:08 AM
I think Mosaddek should bat at #3. He's the future, and reminds me of Steve Smith. Also, he's actually good with the ball. He's a better version of Nasir Hossain whom I'm glad has been dropped. Ideally, it should be Mushfiqur batting at #3. He needs to give up the gloves, and hand them over to Nurul Hasan. Yes, Nurul Hasan should be part of the national side. Solid keeping skills are vital at this level. Mashrafe was excellent in the last game, and I just hope he manages to reach 250 ODI wickets before he calls it quits. He deserves a lot more than that.

Shakib is doing well at 3 but I think Mossaddek should come at 4 and Mushfiq at 5 and sending Mahmudullah at 6 and Nurul to finish off the innings at 7 after which bowlers come in.

One World
July 24, 2018, 09:06 AM
There is a Bengali saying, thor bori khara aar khara bori thor.

Do not know the exact English version if there any. The basic meaning is, dropping X and including Y are not going to help in the long run. Whoever plays, based on recent form of the team it will be a miracle if they win tonight.

Rifat
July 24, 2018, 09:09 AM
If Sabbir is to stay in the team, He should bat at #7. He was doing just fine there. I think we should keep him...his quick fire runs should help.

R0ssei
July 24, 2018, 09:09 AM
Sabbir needs to go, period. He neither can play at the top nor can finish an inning. Mushy & Mullah are way better finisher than him. Instead, we should groom Shanto in either for No. 3 or 4 position.

I'm reluctant to play Anamul as well. I've never seen someone defending (not drive) a ball 2.5 feet outside off-stump. If he deserves a chance, he can play in the 3rd ODI after we win the 2nd one.

zura
July 24, 2018, 09:19 AM
Sabbir has averaged 19 in the last 2 years in ODI. I would rather see Ariful given a chance as he is a pace all-rounder.

One World
July 24, 2018, 01:55 PM
Just realized the match is not today :(

tiger1000
July 24, 2018, 02:12 PM
Sabbir has averaged 19 in the last 2 years in ODI. I would rather see Ariful given a chance as he is a pace all-rounder.

Definitely

aklemalp
July 24, 2018, 02:18 PM
@mods, sticky please.

Rinathq
July 24, 2018, 03:55 PM
@mods, sticky please.

done buddy!

aklemalp
July 24, 2018, 04:09 PM
done buddy!

Thanks mah man :)

bujhee kom
July 24, 2018, 04:24 PM
Just realized the match is not today :(

Haa...sudhu khela-dhula...koob cricket match dektey modhu...Team jitely koob muja - Aar team jodi harey jai taholey atoohotta!
Sara-diin Sudhu match aar match...pora suna nai kuno?? Homework nai?

aklemalp
July 24, 2018, 04:27 PM
Haa...sudhu khela-dhula...koob cricket match dektey modhu...Team jitely koob muja - Aar team jodi harey jai taholey atoohotta!
Sara-diin Sudhu match aar match...pora suna nai kuno?? Homework nai?

Translation:

I love sardines

bujhee kom
July 24, 2018, 04:59 PM
Translation:

I love sardines

Hehheeheh...you know One World is my grand-son, right? I am his dadu bhai!
I told him why wasting his valuable time doing this cricket cricket, team losing all the teim! Rather he should be doing his homework, studies etc.

Roey Haque
July 24, 2018, 05:46 PM
Sam Badree is a T20 bowler only, right?

And Sunil Narine is still suspended for his action?

And what about Kieron Pollard, has he retired from cricket? What is his situation?

Rinathq
July 24, 2018, 06:29 PM
I think only one change for me

Tamim
Anamul
Shakib
Shanto
Mushy
Riyad
Mosaddek
Miraz
Mash
Fizz
Rbx

Don't need a batsman that will score once a year.. would rather invest in Shanto

Gowza
July 24, 2018, 06:49 PM
Liton and shanto should play, if you want anamul in there maybe it should be instead of sabbir, possibly lower order hitter, a lot of posters here wanted (not sure if still want) anamul in the t20 team, as long as he has he mindset of accelerating rather than accumulating. Otherwise stick with sabbir (though he doesn’t deserve to be in the team right now).

Rinathq
July 24, 2018, 09:01 PM
So what's the prediction for tmrw?

I will say,
If BD bats first, BD 238/9 WI: 239/5 44 overs

If BD bats second, WI 204/10, BD 204/4 47 overs

Rifat
July 24, 2018, 09:17 PM
Bangladesh should field first due to floodlight factor...

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 01:50 AM
Bismillah. I hope our lads do well. I think Anamul should be chopped off from the team. Liton could be used instead or perhaps Shanto could be given a chance.

Expect the West Indies to come out stronger. One of the main reason they lost was to poor fielding.

simon
July 25, 2018, 05:02 AM
There wilk be no change.
Ajeira pechal paira labh nai.
Same condition, so why not go with the winning combo?
I am pretty sure and hope it will be same team.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

simon
July 25, 2018, 05:08 AM
Expecting a strong comeback from WI.
WI players specially Lewis andbGayle love to score in boundaries.
If bowlers can cut those 4s then wicket will come.

Shadow
July 25, 2018, 05:35 AM
There wilk be no change.
Ajeira pechal paira labh nai.
Same condition, so why not go with the winning combo?
I am pretty sure and hope it will be same team.

Yes it will be the same team. 5 of us can come up with 5 different team combinations but it's ultimately up to Mashrafe. In an interview before the one day series he said he wants to give more chances to players like Anamul.

weekyd
July 25, 2018, 07:54 AM
I think Liton is going to be featured in all 3 T20s. His explosive batting in The Nidahas trophy with Tamim kind of sealed his place in T20 format for now. His hand-eye coordination and timing was a treat to watch. Some of the sixes he hit were absolute blinders.

As Mash said, Anamul will be given enough chances regardless of how he performs. We might see Liton in the 3rd ODI if Anamul fails or we win the series. I hope he gets a chance.

RealSports
July 25, 2018, 07:54 AM
Anamul would be suited lower down the order. The ball gets older, and he has the range of shots to hit anywhere around the field – it will be easier for him otherwise he shouldn't be in the side. I'm a fan of Nurul Hasan (underrated player), and Mushfiqur Rahim should give up the gloves now. Solid keeping skills are vital in the sport, and can make all the difference.

Fazal
July 25, 2018, 09:22 AM
Just wondering:
How many chance is enough chance for Anamul?

Is it important to give players like Anamul chances at the cost of risking a loss in a series like WI or its more important to give enough chances to players like Anamul even it may cost the series?

Do you think a) lack of chance is where preventing Anamul to go to stardom or b) its more related to his mental and technical issues that is preventing him to go to stardom? if its b), then do you think he has addressed his technical issues?

Yes I want Anamul to be successful (if possible), but my worry is giving him chances in the wrong time may hurt rather than help his (still) young career.

zura
July 25, 2018, 09:29 AM
Just wondering:

Is it important to give players like Anamul chances at the cost of risking a loss in a series like WI or its more important to give enough chances to players like Anamul even it may cost the series?

Do you think a) lack of chance is where preventing Anamul to go to stardom or b) its more related to his mental and technical issues that is preventing him to go to stardom? if its b), then do you think he has addressed his technical issues?

Yes I want Anamul to be successful (if possible), but my worry is giving him chances in the wrong time may hurt rather than help his (still) young career.

The other option is Liton Das. The guy has scored at an average of 15 in ODI and we have bowlers who have averaged close to that. Of course there is Shanto but my guess is that he will make it to the Asia Cup squad and the Ireland A series will be testing him for it. Don't forget that Anamul has 3 ODI century already and has shown he is capable of playing at the top level.

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 09:32 AM
Just wondering:

I agree. I also never want any player not to succeed either. But rather giving him a chance I would prefer to give youngsters a chance.

I understand he does well in domestics but probably thats his potential and he cant convert that into the international arena. Some players are not just meant to be and thats Anamul.

Also its a bit worrying that BCB picks guys like Anamul,Nasir and Shafiul as it kind of implies that our U19 have not produced anyone special enough, but then again it is BCB

Fazal
July 25, 2018, 09:43 AM
Don't forget that Anamul has 3 ODI century already and has shown he is capable of playing at the top level.

The question is where and when? And what kind of pitch?

I am not an expert here, nor do I claim one. He doesn't look like have any footwork to survive these kind of pitch. Nor does it looks like he has improved (in that aspect). Its a very brief innings, but I see little hope.

I hope I am wrong though...may be he will prove me wrong in 2nd ODI.

On the other hand, I see Litton more technically competent. His issue is mental. When he first came, he had issues depending too much on his leg-side shots, but looks like he went back (away from national team) and addressed that issue. that's what I want to see from an young player, they learn their deficiency, goes back and work on it (to address that) and then come back with more ammunition. My problem with Anamul is, I see the same old Anamul.

RealSports
July 25, 2018, 10:20 AM
I would like to see Mahmudullah bowl a bit more in limited overs. Very underrated with the ball. I don't think he bowled much for a long while now. Liton will be picked for the T20s though I would like him in the ODI team.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 10:24 AM
"Guyana is much like Bangladesh, if you look at the pitches, the soil, etc. It is a positive thing for us. We have an important match tomorrow, so we are looking forward to it."
Shakib Al Hasan

Shakib should visit the grounds in Berbice for more authentic Guyanese soils.

The soil on the Providence wicket was shipped from Trinidad.

Nafi
July 25, 2018, 10:57 AM
What happened to Match timer countdowns?

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 10:59 AM
is it raining now in the stadium? forecast calls for Thunderstorms/Rain....

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/lang/en-us/cricket/providence-stadium-guyana-weather/xw.aspx

Nafi
July 25, 2018, 10:59 AM
I would like to see Mahmudullah bowl a bit more in limited overs. Very underrated with the ball. I don't think he bowled much for a long while now. Liton will be picked for the T20s though I would like him in the ODI team.

I would love a statsguru analysis, how well he does with a bat in the second innings if he claims wickets in the first innings, (and vice versa)

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 11:16 AM
is it raining now in the stadium? forecast calls for Thunderstorms/Rain....

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/lang/en-us/cricket/providence-stadium-guyana-weather/xw.aspx

If any thunderstorms at all, it will most likely be like the ones on Sunday. Isolated

Fazal
July 25, 2018, 12:06 PM
.... no chance of a draw then....

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 01:06 PM
Good Decision to Bowl first. Respect :up:

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:07 PM
Bangladesh for the win then

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:08 PM
Dew? What dew?

Hardly any dew

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:09 PM
Not a bad move to play Keemo

Same team for BD

Awla
July 25, 2018, 01:14 PM
This should be the last chance for Anamul. If he fails Liton in for 3rd ODI. Similar case for Shabbir. We've a better batsmen in Shanto who can play at 4

Yankees
July 25, 2018, 01:27 PM
This should be the last chance for Anamul. If he fails Liton in for 3rd ODI. Similar case for Shabbir. We've a better batsmen in Shanto who can play at 4

this song has been sung too many times. Just give up. If ducks against zim and child beating cant keep these 2 out, nothing will.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:31 PM
Outfield is fast considering the rainfall

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:34 PM
Miraz time.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:37 PM
Pitched up. Inside-out shot for a boundary

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 01:40 PM
Bd will pay heavily for not experimenting. What are they thinking? That they will win the asia cup with this XI?

Shortsighted morons will get their comeuppance very quickly. That I can tell you.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:40 PM
Very good running between the wickets

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:41 PM
Very good start by WI. BD should have taken at least 2 wickets by now.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:42 PM
There's rain coming...lots of it. Just saw the clouds in the eastern sky (where the rain normally comes from).

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 01:43 PM
I like it. good contest between bat and ball. It's a battle of patience now.

MohammedC
July 25, 2018, 01:43 PM
any link please

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:44 PM
There's rain coming...lots of it. Just saw the clouds in the eastern sky (where the rain normally comes from).
What do you think? Are we going to have a match with result?

One World
July 25, 2018, 01:44 PM
Superb start by Gayle and Lewis, seems like they have a plan and it is up for execution

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:45 PM
What do you think? Are we going to have a match with result?

If it stays away in the first innings, then we'll have a full game. Then again, it's hard to spot the clouds in the night time.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:46 PM
Testing over from Miraz- a maiden.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:47 PM
Ahh beautiful Kaieteur Falls <3

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:51 PM
Gayle and quick singles continue

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:52 PM
This over is going to be a challenging over for both team. Either wicket or good runs ciming in this over.

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:54 PM
I was afraid of it.

aklemalp

Not a bad over.

Gayle takes on Miraz

Rifat
I am liking this contest. I am also liking the act that West Indies showed up to play today.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:55 PM
Lewis out

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:56 PM
WI lost a review.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:57 PM
Hope in for Windies

Left-right combo

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 01:58 PM
That's a lot of rain...

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 01:58 PM
Hope in for Windies

Left-right combo

Hope will not be there for WI. :)

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:00 PM
Hope will not be there for WI. :)

Hope in and out at the same time :)

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:01 PM
5 dots and a single in the last ball kills the wicket maiden for Mashrafe

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:02 PM
Miraz is truly world class

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:03 PM
Another maiden over from Miraz

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:04 PM
WI batsman have the right idea in shuffling and making room for themselves. I want Miraz to slip some fast ones in to keep them guessing.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:05 PM
Quick singles break maidens...Shai needs to understand this

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:07 PM
I thought Windies discarded Samuels because he was playing out dot ball. Hope is Samuels 2.0

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:10 PM
Ramesh Powar will be very proud of Miraz.

Took his action and perfected it

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:12 PM
Similar powerplay for Windies as in the 1st ODI

10 overs for 34

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:12 PM
I love Miraz, but test specialist Shay Hope is making him look like Rashid.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:13 PM
Shot Gayle.

Mustafizur needs to pitch it up

tiger1000
Why is rubel and anamul still in the team

Awla
Gayle is in the mood.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:15 PM
Mustafiz bowling as short as Taskin.

tiger1000
Need Gayle gone, or we will be

Awla
Fizz used to be so much accurate in line and length. Also used to bowl a bit faster when he first came.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:16 PM
You never run off a misfield- unless the ball is a cool 5 meters away from the fielder who misfielded it and to the nearest fielder.

tiger1000
July 25, 2018, 02:17 PM
Why is mashrafe in covers

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:17 PM
Poor fielding from Mash.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:18 PM
Hope is gonna score 10 from 100 balls here. He needs to find hope

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:19 PM
Another misfield from the Skippah

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:19 PM
:50: is up.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:20 PM
Mash misfielding once again.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:22 PM
Ahh good shot of Gudakesh Motie Kanhai (I played cricket with that kid)

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 02:23 PM
Ahh good shot of Gudakesh Motie Kanhai (I played cricket with that kid)

Is he connected Rohan Kanhai?

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 02:23 PM
Hope started to show some hope.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:24 PM
Is he connected Rohan Kanhai?

No. Not at all. Back at our club, we used to call him 'Kunta Kente'

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 02:25 PM
Time for another wicket.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:25 PM
Cat and mouse game between Miraz and Gayle

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:26 PM
And he's out

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 02:26 PM
Gayle gaylo re.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:27 PM
We are not crossing 150 today

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 02:29 PM
We are not crossing 150 today

Don't be so pessimistic yaar. This is going to be good game which Bangladesh may win.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:29 PM
The mighty Chris Gayle never really took time to work on his off spin issues. This is why it's so important to be fundamentally sound in all areas.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:30 PM
Don't be so pessimistic yaar. This is going to be good game which Bangladesh may win.

We suck. We really do. This is BD's most preferred format.

We are doomed

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:31 PM
The mighty Chris Gayle never really took time to work on his off spin issues. This is why it's so important to be fundamentally sound in all areas.

RE: watch 317 and 333 Those two innings please.:up:

WarWolf
July 25, 2018, 02:33 PM
Mostafiz very expensive today so far.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:34 PM
^ True that, though I don't really care much for tests.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:35 PM
Shimron has got a very high backlift. I think the way to go is york him.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:36 PM
^ True that, though I don't really care much for tests.

Too bad. This game is not one format.

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 02:37 PM
maybe give Mahmudullah Riyad a go

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:39 PM
Milk them.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:45 PM
Shimron too comfy out there. Looks like he will get to 50 again with ease. Need to get him out of there.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:51 PM
Nicely set up from Shakib

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 02:51 PM
Hopeless innings comes to an end.

Awla
July 25, 2018, 02:52 PM
Gone.

With that dismissal, an obvious question comes to the mind. Why does WI prepare this kind of slow, gripping pitches which are exactly Bangladeshi players favor for? They should prepare bouncy, fast pitches.

simon
July 25, 2018, 02:54 PM
Shai hope
Shai asha
Gone.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 02:54 PM
Gone.

With that dismissal, an obvious question comes to the mind. Why does WI prepare this kind of slow, gripping pitches which are exactly Bangladeshi players favor for? They should prepare bouncy, fast pitches.

Answering this question for the umpteenth time.

Guyana's wicket is the slowest in the West Indies. It doesn't how much cosmetics they do to it, it will always be sluggish

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 02:56 PM
Poor fielding from Shakib

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 02:56 PM
Anything beyond 250 should not be acceptable at this point. Ideally Bangladesh should restrict them to below 220.

Awla
July 25, 2018, 02:58 PM
Answering this question for the umpteenth time.

Guyana's wicket is the slowest in the West Indies. It doesn't how much cosmetics they do to it, it will always be sluggish

Well, then let me rephrase the question :) Why does WI set up the matches in these kinds of pitches? There should be other alternatives for venues suited more to WI strength.

Awla
July 25, 2018, 02:59 PM
Anything beyond 250 should not be acceptable at this point. Ideally Bangladesh should restrict them to below 220.

Our death bowling will ensure that they get past 250 easily. Remember the last match?

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:00 PM
Well, then let me rephrase the question :) Why does WI set up the matches in these kinds of pitches? There should be other alternatives for venues suited more to WI strength.

The itinerary for the cricket season has to include the major nations and their venues.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:05 PM
:100: is up

simon
July 25, 2018, 03:06 PM
Hztmyer is a good player

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:06 PM
Time for some RBX

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:08 PM
Here comes Rubel. Will we get Dr Jerkyll or Mr Hyde?

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:09 PM
And he strikes

simon
July 25, 2018, 03:10 PM
Yes Rubel

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:11 PM
Need a partnership here.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:12 PM
How does Jason Mo get a place in the squad? Samuels, Bravo brothers, C braithwaite, Pollard, Fletchers, where the F are they?

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:15 PM
How does Jason Mo get a place in the squad? Samuels, Bravo brothers, C braithwaite, Pollard, Fletchers, where the F are they?

Samuels- not in form, dropped

Bravo Bros + Pollard- read this: CWI opens doors for Narine, Pollard and Bravo comebacks into national side (http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24179831/cwi-opens-doors-sunil-narine-kieron-pollard-dwayne-bravo-comebacks-national-sides)

Ricky- T20 specialist (skipper)

Fletcher- T20 specialist

bujhee kom
July 25, 2018, 03:15 PM
Need a partnership here.

Foggetaboutit...partnership..aklemalp bhaiya!
We need some fresh Chitol Maach fry here!

WI is doing okay....We will see when BD bats, if they do okay.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:16 PM
Spanked with authority from Rovman

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:16 PM
Foggetaboutit...partnership..aklemalp bhaiya!
We need some fresh Chitol Maach fry here!

WI is doing okay....We will see when BD bats, if they do okay.

Bring it, and we'll do the fish fry with some Guyanese rum

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:17 PM
Okay Bishop just said that Samuels was out due to knee injury

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:19 PM
So you want to develop this Jason Mo? Fletcher and Braithwaite probably have forgotten more ODI batting than J Mo will ever learn. Better bet to let them play their natural game in ODI. Just my two cents. I don't think J Mo will last long in this ODI squad anyway.

weekyd
July 25, 2018, 03:20 PM
I am really Happy for Rubel.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:21 PM
So you want to develop this Jason Mo? Fletcher and Braithwaite probably have forgotten more ODI batting than J Mo will ever learn. Better bet to let them play their natural game in ODI. Just my two cents. I don't think J Mo will last long in this ODI squad anyway.

This might be his last series. I don't see him getting picked again considering we have better batsmen than him waiting in the wings (Shamarh Brookes and company)

simon
July 25, 2018, 03:23 PM
Nice stop Vijay

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:28 PM
Shakib looks deadly. The batsmen have read the pitch much better here though

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 03:28 PM
I am really Happy for Rubel.

You are really “HAPPY” ?

Salam Appi 😁

godzilla
July 25, 2018, 03:29 PM
Wasn't Hetmayer the U19 captain when they lifted the cup? This guy seems to be a great future prospect for WI

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:30 PM
Wasn't Hetmayer the U19 captain when they lifted the cup? This guy seems to be a great future prospect for WI

Yes he was. Champion

weekyd
July 25, 2018, 03:33 PM
You are really “HAPPY” ?

Salam Appi 😁

:lol: Not that happy bro.

Rifat
July 25, 2018, 03:37 PM
This might be his last series. I don't see him getting picked again considering we have better batsmen than him waiting in the wings (Shamarh Brookes and company)

Jason Mohammed's only memorable innings to date was against Pakistan. when he helped West Indies chase down 300+ score.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:37 PM
WI setting up a nice launchpad.

Awla
July 25, 2018, 03:38 PM
Need to get Hetmyer out soon.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:40 PM
Some well-runned singles. Rotation of strike.

SS
yeap wicket needed soon or WI might take away the momentum..

SS
why not give some overs to Mullah

bujhee kom
July 25, 2018, 03:42 PM
why not give some overs to Mullah

We used to have rabbits. They would have eaten Mullah, carrots, all kinds of root vegetables.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:43 PM
Good 10 overs from Miraz :up:

SportingBD
July 25, 2018, 03:43 PM
This Hetmyer will become a big player for Windies in the coming years.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:44 PM
Jason Mohammed's only memorable innings to date was against Pakistan. when he helped West Indies chase down 300+ score.

And yet I don't know why he still gets picked. He's somewhat of a domestic bully like Devon Smith

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:45 PM
This Hetmyer will become a big player for Windies in the coming years.

Best natural strokemaker for us since the Prince, BC Lara

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:45 PM
:100: :50: is up

SS
July 25, 2018, 03:46 PM
mossadek the idiot

NoName
Mossad not having good game with the ball today, get him off.

Awla
WI gaining momentum. Why is Mashrafe using part-timer? He should bring himself back in the attack.

aklemalp
Poor fielding yet again

simon
Give Mustaji some over

SS
July 25, 2018, 03:48 PM
if WI scores 250+ our batsmen will have tough time chasing

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:48 PM
Bd has been extremely poor in the field today. Over 5 misfields now.

weekyd
July 25, 2018, 03:50 PM
Our fielding is a bit sloppy today. May be the players are being complacent because Gayle is out.

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:52 PM
No, this is pretty terrible. This team is not making the finals of the asia cup, if they keep this up.

Rinathq
July 25, 2018, 03:53 PM
Mash with another quiet over.. how does he do it

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:55 PM
Last time after the drinks break, Hetmyer lost his wicket

Awla
July 25, 2018, 03:57 PM
WI will be looking forward to at least 280.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 03:58 PM
The balls are gripping for Mustafizur

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 03:59 PM
WI still got their secret weapon coming at 10, Killa Jo, Alzarri Joseph. They will go ballistic very soon and try to get 300.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:03 PM
50 for Hetmyer :up:

with only 2 fours and 1 six

SS
July 25, 2018, 04:05 PM
how did the fielder give that extra run..WI totally in control

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 04:07 PM
Miraz should learn from Shimron how to build an innings. Both of them being under 19 captains. It's an absolute shocker how he completely forgot batting after coming to the national fold.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:10 PM
Another tight over from Mustafizur

Awla
July 25, 2018, 04:11 PM
Miraz should learn from Shimron how to build an innings. Both of them being under 19 captains. It's an absolute shocker how he completely forgot batting after coming to the national fold.

Even though I agree with your last sentence, their batting positions are different.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:13 PM
Running putting pressure on the fielders

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 04:14 PM
Well played Hatemaaya

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 04:15 PM
Come on man, you gotta take that!

Awla
July 25, 2018, 04:16 PM
WI's running between the wicket has been very impressive, on the other hand, our fielding has been very poor. Could make 20-25 runs difference there.

tiger1000
July 25, 2018, 04:18 PM
Our fielding costing the game

One World
July 25, 2018, 04:18 PM
As I said there is a very thin possibility for us to win anything more in this tour

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:19 PM
Nice shape on that shot from Rovman

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:20 PM
Into the last 10

How many to get? 240 should be the par.

tiger1000
July 25, 2018, 04:20 PM
That over alone cost us 2/3 from fielding

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 04:21 PM
Powell is Tamiming very well.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:22 PM
Live by da sword

The running

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 04:23 PM
Good effort from the Narail Express!

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:24 PM
What a shot!!!

Boy Shimron

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:27 PM
Would have been a goner...Live by da sword

Awla
July 25, 2018, 04:27 PM
WTF has happened to our fielding?

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:28 PM
Another pugnacious shot from Shimron

tiger1000
July 25, 2018, 04:29 PM
Why go to spinner

SS
July 25, 2018, 04:29 PM
what happened to our bowlong and fielding still they have some big hotters to come

Rinathq
July 25, 2018, 04:30 PM
That's how u score when u have wickets in hand... Something to learn for our so called dashing opener and t20 specialist

adamnsu
WTF has happened to our fielding?

Eid chorbi ekhuno leggay assay

Roey Haque
WI showing Bd that one must accelerate in the last 10 overs, and not the last two overs.

aklemalp
The running alone is uplifting to this team. I'm inspired :)

weekyd
July 25, 2018, 04:31 PM
290 is on the card given that they have 6 more wickets. It's going to be tough for us to chase.

aklemalp
Rubel with the death bowling...rewarded instantly

Awla
Much needed wicket

roman
Finally the partnership has been broken

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:32 PM
Bring in Alzarri!!!

I wanna see those monster sixes

SS
July 25, 2018, 04:33 PM
now comes more big hitter holder the danob

adamnsu
Rubel come one mannnnnn

weekyd
Much needed wicket. Need few more of those.

SS
Bring in Alzarri!!!

I wanna see those monster sixes

noooo..he can wait till we leave

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:35 PM
Shakib drops Shimron and it goes for a six

SS
July 25, 2018, 04:36 PM
Shakib just lost the match

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:36 PM
Looks plumb

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:37 PM
Pitched outside. Not out. Review lost

Roey Haque
July 25, 2018, 04:37 PM
Shakib- dropped the match??

adamnsu
July 25, 2018, 04:38 PM
Shocking Shakib

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:39 PM
Boundary off the 1st ball of the over.

Shimron into the 90s

SS
rubbish bowling

aklemalp
And a six from the Skippah

roman
July 25, 2018, 04:40 PM
Shakib has been really poor today, hope he will do good with the bat

adamnsu
Shakib just turned off

aklemalp
And he's out...

SS
July 25, 2018, 04:41 PM
still cant forgive as he dropped Hetmyr

weekyd
July 25, 2018, 04:44 PM
Shakib missed a run out, a catch and bowling poorly. If we lose, fingers will be pointed at him.

Awla
July 25, 2018, 04:46 PM
What kind of fielding setting is that? Easily conceding 2 runs.

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 04:46 PM
Those 2's were fantastically played and executed

SS
July 25, 2018, 04:47 PM
comn whats wrong with fielding stop the runs