PDA

View Full Version : Post Match Discussion: WI v BD 2nd ODI 2018

Mas_UK25
July 25, 2018, 09:45 PM
Fire away...

Rubels 22run over comes to bite BD in the end somewhat.

Batting wise. Great start. But mr tamato and his slow test innings in ODI wasted 36 ball for a 50 with the Strike rate of 63 (are you freaking kidding me!!!?? 63??!), Slowed things down in the middle after first PP.

Shakib got out wrong time, needed to bat sensible. Mushy did brilliant with Riyad but both failed to see the team home just like that one game most remember in 2016...

Mas_UK25
July 25, 2018, 09:46 PM
Last two overs only 10 runs came. When it was 13 needed off 12 balls if I’m not mistaken. With 6wickets in hand.

Unbelievable.

NoName
July 25, 2018, 09:47 PM
Who the **** keeps picking Sabbir over and ****ing over again

Navo
July 25, 2018, 09:48 PM
And how can we forget Shakib's dropped catch off Hetmyer. He scored almost 50 runs after that drop, that too at a much faster rate than Shakib's own fifty.

Yankees
July 25, 2018, 09:48 PM
Who the **** keeps picking Sabbir over and ****ing over again

the same idiots that keeps picking anamul over and over again

aklemalp
July 25, 2018, 09:50 PM
Blame MASH for winning the toss and fielding first. He expected dew and there was not much to affect the Windies spinners.

Mas_UK25
July 25, 2018, 10:02 PM
And how can we forget Shakib's dropped catch off Hetmyer. He scored almost 50 runs after that drop, that too at a much faster rate than Shakib's own fifty.

Costly drop.

Many decisive moments in the game, no doubt. There’s no one particular one, in fairness. Rubels 22 was one, before that Shakibs drop catch of Hetmyer, Tamims slow battinf after first pp meant BD had a period of catching up and rebuilding after he pathetically got out swinging wild after he realised he was eating up too much too many balls.

For me. The drop catch is worse than 22 Rubel gave. It was a set batsman and a setbatsman with some power can destroy towards and get the team up, providing he gets the juicy balls given to him by the big hearted pie chucker (at the death) Rubel. Had Shakib caught it then Windies might have not even reached 250!

mufi_02
July 25, 2018, 10:03 PM
Last two overs 10 runs. 13 was needed off 12 balls if I’m not mistaken. With 6wickets in hand.

Unbelievable.

It was even simpler.

8 off 7 balls. 6 wickets in hand.

mufi_02
July 25, 2018, 10:05 PM
I was really disappointed with Tamims approach. You simply don’t play like this when chasing 270.

I also think Sabbir/Mosaddek are not ODI or T20 material.

Mas_UK25
July 25, 2018, 10:09 PM
What’s the point having Mossadekk and Miraz in the same 11? Mossadekk can’t find a position in the top 5 then he is of no good to the side. Bangladesh needs to get LKD in for Mossadekk. Ariful for Sabbir.

Mossadekk wasted two balls, first up and looked so terrified. Jheez. It was really embarrassing in the end. Ariful could’ve swung it hard, Mossadekk just doesn’t have it to be in that situation.
Sabbir thinks he is Afridi, trying to sweep one off full toss for six :lol: dude it takes huge amount of strength, elevation high enough and over playing like that shot, need a huge amount of power. Plus it’s a big boundary towards that side he hit and got out. Why didn’t he place it into the gap for a 4 (if it stopped in the outside due to the slow outfield) or at least a couple of runs.

roman
July 25, 2018, 10:10 PM
I was really disappointed with Tamims approach. You simply don’t play like this when chasing 270.

SR of 65 after facing 70+ deliveries is a crime in modern cricket. He along with Mosaddek, Shabbir and Rubel cost us the match..

NoName
July 25, 2018, 10:15 PM
8 off 6 curse continues

al Furqaan
July 25, 2018, 10:46 PM

Sabbir is not Test or ODI material.

We don't know enough about Mosaddek. Coming in and hitting boundaries right away is not easy. Mosaddek is a top order batsman but batting down low due to seniority. And then not getting picked for Test cricket because the selectors don't know how to do their jobs.

i_am_ringo
July 25, 2018, 11:05 PM
Taka khaisey.

Paisa hajam. Khel khatam.

Shadow
July 25, 2018, 11:16 PM
Hetmayer displayed how to bat, picking up singles and doubles when there is no boundary available. Bangladeshi Batsmen failed to do that. They consumed too many dot balls. They can't expect to do well when they approach batting the way they did in the first two match. They have to address that issue first.

cricket_king
July 25, 2018, 11:45 PM
We are in serious need of talent. Holding back the young players isn't helping either. It's a catch-22 in which you give them a go, they fail, and fans blame team management for not using someone more experienced. But eventually our experiences this will be gone and we'll be left with severely undercooked players.

Rifat_02
July 26, 2018, 12:17 AM
We are in serious need of talent. Holding back the young players isn't helping either. It's a catch-22 in which you give them a go, they fail, and fans blame team management for not using someone more experienced. But eventually our experiences this will be gone and we'll be left with severely undercooked players.

We are trying out the wrong talent again and again that is the problem , and those who deserve a chance to prove themselves are batting in wrong positions considering their strengths.

Minhazul Abedin Nannu and Habibul Bashar are not the right men for the job

Yankees
July 26, 2018, 12:40 AM
Hey guys relax. Tamim got a 50. Mullah got a 39 to up his average.

What more do you guys want??????

Gowza
July 26, 2018, 01:53 AM
Mushy and riyad did get the team into a winning position but then abandoned the team, with that being the case I still think if you’ve got a batsman like mosa in your line up then he needs to be batting 3-5, no lower and preferably at 3/4 not 5. Mushy used to be the best finisher, then sabbir came along and had a handful of good innings, riyad has also turned himself into a decent finisher so mosa should’ve gone in ahead of at least one of them.

I would like to see shanto in the team, would like to see liton get more chances to, maybe swap anamul for liton and mosa for shanto, bat them up and put mushy and riyad down so they can be the finishers. Don’t see any choice other than to keep sabbir unless you put anamul down the order instead.

Roni_uk
July 26, 2018, 04:32 AM
Only a team like ours can lose this match..... ridiculous

zura
July 26, 2018, 04:57 AM
If that DRS review didn't happen, the 4 would have counted instead of being called a dead-ball. We would have won the match.

Jadukor
July 26, 2018, 08:43 AM
Bring Ash at 6 as the hitter. Better than shabbir mosa combined. #ashat6@WC2019

roman
July 26, 2018, 08:51 AM
If that DRS review didn't happen, the 4 would have counted instead of being called a dead-ball. We would have won the match.

Still 8 runs from 6 balls with so many wickets in hand is a routine win for other teams. We suck. This is the reality

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 09:01 AM
Taka khaisey.

Paisa hajam. Khel khatam.

Oi Miah, phone-e eto kotha kisher? Poisha uthe naa maiha, shara diin shudhu sunglass/Googles pore telephone kotha! Prem korcho naki dada?

Jadukor
July 26, 2018, 09:04 AM
We cant compete with just 4 established batsmen. On top of that none of the 4 handle pressure very well. We need that extra gear at the top and at the death that Soumya and Nasir in their glory days, provided the team.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 09:05 AM
Ki aar bolbo bhais and apus. Egulo Sob-i kopal-er dosh. Bhagge chhilo naa...mene nin, Hojom korey nen. At least we didn't receive a Gow-hara like the test matches!

aklemalp
July 26, 2018, 09:17 AM
I think that there was complacency by the BD Batsmen. They felt too comfortable after that blistering start to the chase. Once spin was brought on, the decided to play dot balls instead of turning the strike over. The required run rate rose, they got under pressure. Gayle was allowed to bowl 4 overs in his first spell for only 11 runs. They (Shakib and Tamim) should have been mindful that Gayle was the one to attack. Instead, Gayle got under their skins with his taunting(exaggerating here).

shivfan
July 26, 2018, 09:37 AM
Only a team like ours can lose this match..... ridiculous

I'm still trying to figure out how Bangladesh lost this match...with four wickets still in hand!

Great innings by Hetmyer, and good support from Rovman. Bishoo and Nurse bowled economically to set up the win.

aklemalp
July 26, 2018, 09:45 AM
Bishoo and Nurse bowled economically to set up the win.

You're missing the main dude Gayle :D

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 09:52 AM
West indies won the match fair and square. They are a super team, a historic power of the game of cricket.

It was a great match. Both Bangladesh and West indies played excellently!
It is always a privilege and great honor to play cricket against West Indies.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 09:54 AM
Congratulations to West indies and cheers to Bangladesh for playing well.

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 10:12 AM
West indies won the match fair and square. They are a super team, a historic power of the game of cricket.

It was a great match. Both Bangladesh and West indies played excellently!
It is always a privilege and great honor to play cricket against West Indies.

Dhuro. Kisher honor ar privilege? Honor man ijjot shob i kere nise. Haya, shorom, shombhrom, lojja shob lutpat. Nijeke kemon jani nengta nengta lagche bk da..

RealSports
July 26, 2018, 10:20 AM
No excuse for not winning that. There was some poor Cricket with bat and ball from the side. No wonder the national team is considered weak. Top teams don't play like that.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 10:25 AM
Dhuro. Kisher honor ar privilege? Honor man ijjot shob i kere nise. Haya, shorom, shombhrom, lojja shob lutpat. Nijeke kemon jani nengta nengta lagche bk da..

Nengta naki tumi? Holey osubidha ki, Mufi? You live in Fla. Jau, chole jau na tumi Nudist beach-e! Florida-ta achhey bes koyekta. I myself giyechi koekbar. Koob injoy korechi! Tumi chaiye ami tumake ekti Florida pan-handle-er redneck nudist colony-er thikana diye ditey pari. Sudhu bolo kobe jabey.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 12:09 PM
I think we have had some good discussions here so far. Before any further discussion we need a big group hug.
Asoon, amra sobai sobai-ke Joriye/japtey dhori!
Bokri Eid is coming!

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 01:11 PM
By the way y'all. I figured out why BD lost this 2nd match.
aklemalp screwed us. Second match we lost because there was NO Chitol Maach in this match! Instead he brought Dracula fish, thus we got our a$$ bitten!

Why akle, why? Keno tumi amader Obhaga BD cricket premik-der pachha-te Kamor boshaley? Bhuley gele je tumio ekjon BD cricket premik.

simon
July 26, 2018, 01:58 PM
Good that I wznt to sleep.
Mushy and Ryad were batting and I tjought we couod still lose this match with the l8kes of Mosad and Sub-bir to come.

But still hurts to see a 3 run loss, I know there were many reasons we lost but the main thing is this happened before and will keep happening untill we dont get good replacement for plyers like Subbir,Vijay,Mosad.
Evrytime we play with 3 fluke btsmen who rarely does anything.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

aklemalp
July 26, 2018, 02:30 PM
By the way y'all. I figured out why BD lost this 2nd match.
aklemalp screwed us. Second match we lost because there was NO Chitol Maach in this match! Instead he brought Dracula fish, thus we got our a$$ bitten!

Why akle, why? Keno tumi amader Obhaga BD cricket premik-der pachha-te Kamor boshaley? Bhuley gele je tumio ekjon BD cricket premik.

We need some competition. It's not the end of the world.

The reason for the lack of the Arapaima photos is that they are very difficult to catch. And the manpower wasn't enough to reign in the fish, hence the wolf fish.

Fazal
July 26, 2018, 03:08 PM
I think we have had some good discussions here so far. Before any further discussion we need a big group hug.
Asoon, amra sobai sobai-ke Joriye/japtey dhori!
Bokri Eid is coming!

Amar dui ta prosno ache....

1. Where? NY Manhattan naki Florida nudist beach?

2. With clothes or without clothes? Can we wear undies?

adamnsu
July 26, 2018, 03:15 PM
Congratulations to West indies and cheers to Bangladesh for playing well.

In the midst and the fact it was 3.30 am when the match finished, I forgot to say congrats to West Indies.

Both were evenly poised at the end and either could have won.

adamnsu
July 26, 2018, 03:17 PM
Our mentality is still frail. Players can’t cope with the pressure even the seniors.

The West Indies commie said it right. Our performances are inconsistent which was highlighted mainly with Anamul’s wicket.

Until we come out of this mind frame apart from other things we will not win consistently in foreign conditions.

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 04:54 PM
In the midst and the fact it was 3.30 am when the match finished, I forgot to say congrats to West Indies.

Both were evenly poised at the end and either could have won.

how is 8 off 7 balls with 6 wickets in hand evenly poised?

this is as easy as it can get. can we ever even dare to imagine to win from such equation if we were bowling?

Shingara
July 26, 2018, 06:58 PM
Bowling was going well and we had WI for 100/4 and then we became sloppy and we let them make 271.
Fielding was poor and there were so many missed catches!
Rubel should never be given death overs. He has forgotten yorkers under Walsh. The guy gets tired and his death bowling was all over the place!

Anamul did a good job by taking it to the opposition and shooting up our run rate. He could have played sensibly and continued but alas, he is not that material.
Tamato and Shakil batted terribly. Dot balls, no strike rotations, no singles undid Anamul's work and run rate dived to 3 from 15.50!
Doll and Mushed played better than the previous duo but they should have kept in mind that time's running out and accelerated from the 40th over. They left it too late and then it was too late.
Shabbir and Mosha are useless and are bits and pieces players.

So, who were the culprits? Tamato, Shakil, Mushed and Dolla.

MOM - Anamul. He made us set some new records like Highest ODI score for BD inside 10 overs, etc.

Gowza
July 26, 2018, 09:28 PM
First culprit was shakib, given that tamim got a 50 but go out, shakib then getting a 50 should’ve carried through to a bigger score, possibly finishing the match (tamim or shakib should’ve got closer to 3 figures or surpassed it).

When shakib got out mushy and mullah did well to consolidate but what they did wrong was they let it go down to the wire, one more reasonable over earlier and the pressure wouldn’t have been on in the last over like it was. Plus it shouldn’t have even gone to the last over, there were plenty of runs, overs and wickets in the shed for them to be a bit more aggressive/attacking (once they had set up the partnership which was great), didn’t have to be a lot more, just a bit more for 2 maybe 3 overs.

Sabbir shouldn’t have got out straight after mushy either, him and mushy both getting out at that time meant 2 new batsman at the crease (one who is a bowler the other not known for hitting or getting fast starts) with 4 balls to spare.

I don’t blame sabbir though as he probably shouldn’t of been in the xi plus the seniors didn’t follow through.

The example the seniors often set is near enough is good enough, but as we all know from the result of this match it isn’t good enough, job isn’t done until it’s done.

There were positives in this match, not only negative, the bulk of the mushy/mullah partnership was brilliant (in context of this match).

Naimul_Hd
July 26, 2018, 10:32 PM
If the team management wants to stick with dashing heartthrob Sabbir then better to send him at 3. He needs bit time to settle down on crease. He just can't come and hit.

Jadukor
July 26, 2018, 10:42 PM
If the team management wants to stick with dashing heartthrob Sabbir then better to send him at 3. He needs bit time to settle down on crease. He just can't come and hit.
No 3 te ke emon stellar performance or? You pick players based on the position you need to fill not the other way around.

Naimul_Hd
July 26, 2018, 11:26 PM
No 3 te he emon stellar performance or? You pick players based on the position you need to fill not the other way around.

You should ask that question to our honorable team management and selectors. Unfortunately, things are done other way around in Bangladesh. We need Mr. X in our team. Make a room for him.

Jadukor
July 26, 2018, 11:55 PM
You should ask that question to our honorable team management and selectors. Unfortunately, things are done other way around in Bangladesh. We need Mr. X in our team. Make a room for him.
Ederke prosno koira ar ki hobey.. akhono rubel ke test er jonne select korey

epitaph
July 27, 2018, 12:26 AM
This generation won't do any better. Mentality-wise, they're much better than previous generation (Bashar and co), but they still lack proper winning mentality.

For that, have to wait till next gen. Hopefully Mosaddek, Miraz, etc will grow and deliver.

Re current gen, old habits die hard. You can't change them by simply trying harder. You've to be methodical about it and do it in a scientific way (there's something called the habit loop). Team and BCB don't have that level of professionalism yet.

If you aren't yet, get used to us losing close matches and just accept it. Wait till we've new seniors.

Naimul_Hd
July 27, 2018, 12:35 AM
^^ we have to wait for this generation to come...

<iframe width="696" height="528" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vZrH6aVvBQI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

adamnsu
July 27, 2018, 01:05 AM
how is 8 off 7 balls with 6 wickets in hand evenly poised?

this is as easy as it can get. can we ever even dare to imagine to win from such equation if we were bowling?

Because our tail ended batsman are not known to hit and we are horrible at the death.

Rinathq
July 27, 2018, 01:37 AM
Because our tail ended batsman are not known to hit and we are horrible at the death.

8 of 7 doesn't require "hitting"

adamnsu
July 27, 2018, 01:39 AM
8 of 7 doesn't require "hitting"

Our tail enders are not known to play it into gaps even when pressure is not on. So only option is to give it a good whack in such a situation.

Rinathq
July 27, 2018, 01:51 AM
Our tail enders are not known to play it into gaps even when pressure is not on. So only option is to give it a good whack in such a situation.

So then the real question is why are we batting a tailender at no.6 who is also a part bowler?

adamnsu
July 27, 2018, 02:08 AM
So then the real question is why are we batting a tailender at no.6 who is also a part bowler?

Let’s not forget this is BCB selectors. It’s not ECB or CricAus.

I have always thought in the past playing the likes of Nasir was really bad. We should have gone for a better batsman rather than a half and half who doesn’t really add much value to the team

Rifat_02
July 27, 2018, 04:39 AM

We have another swashbuckling tailender batting at 2 , not surprising we depend heavily on seniors to bail us out every match

NoName
July 27, 2018, 11:40 AM
Even a tail-ender from Zim would have hit one of those deliveries to the boundaries

Jadukor
July 27, 2018, 03:31 PM
not convinced with Mosaddek. He plays like a million dollar batsman when there is no pressure. We dont need an additional sissy in the team. We need an aggressive hard hitting batsman (and no Nannu, i dont mean chokka Naeem or similar). Shara Bangladeshe ki aktao even poor man's Hardik Pandya nai?

WarWolf
July 28, 2018, 12:50 AM
not convinced with Mosaddek. He plays like a million dollar batsman when there is no pressure. We dont need an additional sissy in the team. We need an aggressive hard hitting batsman (and no Nannu, i dont mean chokka Naeem or similar). Shara Bangladeshe ki aktao even poor man's Hardik Pandya nai?
Before reaching to any conclusion on Mosaddek, I would like to see him playing in top order in his regular positions. He is not a lower order batsman, never will be.

We are ruining another young prospective batsman. Mosa has his strength in longer version where we don't play him. He is a grafter and innings builder. In ODI, we are using Mosaddek as lower order finisher which he is not.

Our selectors are specialized idiots.

Jadukor
July 28, 2018, 01:08 AM
Before reaching to any conclusion on Mosaddek, I would like to see him playing in top order, his regular positions. He is not a lower order batsman, never will be.
Other than the opening position there is no spot for a young player in the top order. In limited overs you want your best players to get most overs and right now they are the 4 senior guys. So the selectors should stop picking top order players and pick players according to the position that is available. I liked what i saw in Nurul Hasan. That kid has the right attitude. Shabbir has the power in his shots too but the guy is hopelessly out of form like Soumya. We need boundary hitters from the young bunch so that seniors can get the team close and the youngsters can play fearless cricket and finish the job.

Jadukor
July 28, 2018, 01:13 AM
In big tournaments the senior guys will choke again if we get close to a winning position. In 2007 when we beat india we didnt beat them with our seniors, it was the new kids that smacked Zaheer khan and co. We need the same next WC. The current seniors have too much mental baggage in terms of screwing things up in the final overs. When the time comes, we need a Shabbir or an Ariful to say ok this is my opportunity to achieve history.

WarWolf
July 28, 2018, 02:59 AM
Other than the opening position there is no spot for a young player in the top order. In limited overs you want your best players to get most overs and right now they are the 4 senior guys. So the selectors should stop picking top order players and pick players according to the position that is available. I liked what i saw in Nurul Hasan. That kid has the right attitude. Shabbir has the power in his shots too but the guy is hopelessly out of form like Soumya. We need boundary hitters from the young bunch so that seniors can get the team close and the youngsters can play fearless cricket and finish the job.

Why do we have to force someone like Mosaddek to ODI squad if no proper position is available? He is a better longer version player. No point in forcing him into ODI team and eventually dropping him from all versions.

Rifat_02
July 28, 2018, 03:02 AM
We force Rubel into test team, then we are thinking of putting Mominul in ODI team , we think of putting players like Mosaddek and Shanto at 6 or 7 to hit every ball out of the park. And pick bowlers like Abul in our T20 team.

That is how Bangladesh cricket runs

Jadukor
July 28, 2018, 03:51 AM
Why do we have to force someone like Mosaddek to ODI squad if no proper position is available? He is a better longer version player. No point in forcing him into ODI team and eventually dropping him from all versions.

We force Rubel into test team, then we are thinking of putting Mominul in ODI team , we think of putting players like Mosaddek and Shanto at 6 or 7 to hit every ball out of the park. And pick bowlers like Abul in our T20 team.

That is how Bangladesh cricket runs
100% agreed. These selectors are clueless. Mosaddek could be very good test player and it is a version that has several positions up for grabs. Shanto and Mosaddek both should be givem a go but if Shabbir scores big in t20 you can bet these clowns will pick shabbir again for tests

adamnsu
July 28, 2018, 04:38 AM
Bangladesh cricket is in a mess. Starting from the selectors to the players. There is no accountability at all due to the highly political attitude among all aspects.

Sad thing is fans and media don’t seem to bothered or are afraid to come down hard on star players.

Until people are held accountable you will get such abysmal results with some patches of wins.