PDA

View Full Version : Younger Players and Exposures

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 08:27 AM
Note: Senior players and their contribution will be discussed separately. This is only for the up and coming young players.

We keep hearing that we are not giving them enough exposures. And due to that we will suffer tremendously once the senior bunches leave.

But I disagree that younger players are not getting opportunities. In fact, I doubt if we should even call some of them young anymore. Majority are in their mid 20s and north of that.

We lump all these players into the "younger category" and that is very misleading. So I am separating them below based on age and # of matches played.

In order of matches played: Test / ODI / T20

Group 1

Sabbir
11/53/41
Age 26
Debuted in 2014

Soumya
10/32/35
Age 25
Debuted in 2014

Mominul
19/26/6
Age 26
Debuted in 2013

Anamul
4/36/13
Age 25
Debuted in 2012

Group 2

Litton
10/12/12
Age 23
Debuted in 2015

Miraz
Age 20
14/10/9
Debuted in 2016

Mossaddek
Age 22
2/20/8
Debuted in 2016

----------

for comparison with younger players from other teams

LK Rahul (India)
Age 26
24/12/19

Kusal Mendis (SL)
Age 23
29/44/14

Babar Azam (Pak)
Age 23
13/46/20

----------

So clearly our Group A had enough exposures and has been in the international scene for almost 4-5 years. Group B does not provide a lot of hope either. So instead of Sabbirs/Soumyas/Anamuls maybe we should give more chances to Litton or can draft in even younger players like Shanto.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 08:46 AM
Yeah, totally Mufi, you are right. We Bangals (my family -immediate and extended) always we are young, my child is younger than the other kids, Boyosh churi, age complex...boyosh lukano habit, it is one of the many complexes that we possess. Amader player-ra ekebarey baccha boyosh...remember Dana cup football tournament and Gothia Cup in Sweden in the 80s? All the Euro and other countries players were 16 or below...aar amder team ekektaar boyosh 25-30- I mean pura paka dari moch ..we even had a few Taak-matha players !!

roman
July 26, 2018, 08:49 AM
.remember Dana cup football tournament and Gothia Cup in Sweden in the 80s? All the Euro and other countries players were 16 or below...aar amder team ekektaar boyosh 25-30- I mean pura paka dari moch ..we even had a few Taak-matha players !!

And we celebrated as if we have won the world cup..:lol:

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 08:56 AM
And we celebrated as if we have won the world cup..:lol:

Arrey Roman, Including myself! I was so naive and excited...didn't even know the real story the first few days.
I would tell and brag to my amma and abba, uncles and aunts, "Apnara jhanen, amra football-e onek egiye giyechi, we are winning cups in football Europe, we are becoming champions"...My amma/abba didn't keep up with sport and believed me solid and they would go, 'Ohh we are a poor nation, this is such honor, we are winning European cups in football now...these young boys of ours someday will bring the world cup home to us in 10-15 years!"
Ohh we did get our world cups! A plastic trophy that we would get when we used to buy Tiktikir Deem (tiny colored sugar-coated candies) for 1 taka from Mouchak Market and Shiddheshwari Kali Mondir Pooja Fair!

Jadukor
July 26, 2018, 09:00 AM
What happened to Jahirul? I feel he was a guy that could have got more chances

Navo
July 26, 2018, 09:48 AM
What happened to Jahirul? I feel he was a guy that could have got more chances

If I am not mistaken, Jahirul enrolled in law school!

roman
July 26, 2018, 09:58 AM
If I am not mistaken, Jahirul enrolled in law school!

Good for him..

aklemalp
July 26, 2018, 10:14 AM
Babar was quite the Under-19 batsman...heard of him since then. He always had that appetite for run-scoring.

Lokesh actually is the one who worked the hardest. He was out of favor after his under-19 days, then worked like crazy in the domestics. He had the resource of Rahul Dravid to his advantage though. Fitness is key. Practice makes perfect.

And what about Kusal Mendis? He instantly became one of the most liked batsmen in World Cricket for me after he made that mammoth ton against the Aussies in that series where they whitewashed them. What's most intriguing is his promotion to open the batting (in limited overs) by coach Hatursinghe...he took to it like second nature. Once you're a batsman, you can bat anywhere in the order

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 10:29 AM
^So was Anamul. He was the highest run scorer in the U19 WC in Australia.

Read this article on him from Isam --

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under19-world-cup-2012/content/story/579602.html

Some excerpts

Anamul Haque lit up Bangladesh's failed campaign by finishing as the tournament's leading run-getter. With a promising future at stake, he should ensure his fortunes don't mirror some of his predecessors

Despite the frustration of a quarter-final loss and ordinary performances from the bowlers, Anamul joined the likes of Graeme Smith and Chris Gayle to finish as the tournament's top run-getter. While these modern-day superstars should inspire him to work on a career that would give him "10 to 15 years at the top", he should be mindful of the cautionary tales at home.

It has been 6 years. He is yet to make a mark!!

aklemalp
July 26, 2018, 10:39 AM
^So was Anamul. He was the highest run scorer in the U19 WC in Australia.

Read this article on him from Isam --

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under19-world-cup-2012/content/story/579602.html

Some excerpts

It has been 6 years. He is yet to make a mark!!

That's the frustrating thing. Minor technical deficiencies are what needs to be corrected before heading to the national team. He seems to have a temperamental issue as well. I really thought that last night he was going to set down the anchor and play one of his 'selfish' innings.

The footwork is the most obvious flaw in his batting. He needs to work it out with coach Neil McKenzie. The subtle changes in technique can make a huge difference in the long run.

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 10:45 AM
That's the frustrating thing. Minor technical deficiencies are what needs to be corrected before heading to the national team. He seems to have a temperamental issue as well. I really thought that last night he was going to set down the anchor and play one of his 'selfish' innings.

The footwork is the most obvious flaw in his batting. He needs to work it out with coach Neil McKenzie. The subtle changes in technique can make a huge difference in the long run.

of course. he debuted 6 years ago. you would assume that's enough time to work on these issues. but alas it is our "superstars" we are talking about.

he was the only "bright" spot from our U19 WC. and yet in 6 years the brightest player seems so dull.

zura
July 26, 2018, 01:04 PM
of course. he debuted 6 years ago. you would assume that's enough time to work on these issues. but alas it is our "superstars" we are talking about.

he was the only "bright" spot from our U19 WC. and yet in 6 years the brightest player seems so dull.

He debuted 6 years ago but he rarely played. In fact, Anamul only played 2 games between 2014 and 2018. That's 2 games in 4 years and none after 2015. Remember that he scored 109 in a total of 219 against West Indies and at West Indies

zura
July 26, 2018, 01:07 PM
Remember that our best players in Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Mashrafe, Mahmudullah, and Mustafizur had all made early debuts. Bangladeshi domestic structure isn't that good (small boundaries don't help either) and young players need to be given international exposure before one can judge if they are good enough.

simon
July 26, 2018, 02:02 PM
Biggest problem is the younger players are dumb as ****.
Not that the senior plyers are very smrt either but still they worked on their skills and becme good but our dumb young plyers cant.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ToBeFair
July 26, 2018, 02:29 PM
Biggest problem is the younger players are dumb as ****.
Not that the senior plyers are very smrt either but still they worked on their skills and becme good but our dumb young plyers cant.

:up:

The keyword is DUMB.

Thus no improvement.

Rinathq
July 26, 2018, 02:30 PM
Yes thanks Mufi for.pointing this out! Every time more then half of our squad is filled with garbage youngsters but we still complain about not giving enough exposure. Some people would say oh Shakib, Tamim, Riyad, Mushy also got a lot of chances.. guess what? Those guys without the guidance of any seniors got more results even back in the days compared to these morons we are playing right now. These young idiots can't win a game even when the seniors do 90% of the job for them.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 02:43 PM
I have a message for this thread: Manonia MP Tarana Haalim ei somussa sumadhan-er junno Torun O Jubo-somaj-ke egiye asar junno ahuban janiyechen!

Fazal
July 26, 2018, 02:58 PM
With the young players, its supposed to be pyramid method.

Just because they got the opportunity doesn't mean everybody should be expected to be the next superstar. In the process most should be phased out (over time), few will stay and shine.

May be the problem is the way we give them the opportunity and way we evaluate their growth and the way we reward them, the way we expect that every young player will be a instant success, otherwise its a failure....

Some young players got some opportunity (mentioned in the thread) for a while and still failing.....that's one way to see the situation. The other way is, may be ... we are giving the wrong young player too much opportunity at the wrong time, with no sign of improvement while we are ignoring some other young players.

Yes Sabbir is getting lot of opportunities these days withoutout any sign of imprevment, may be its best for him to take a break and show some improvement in team-A first.

Yes it SS got chances and showed little improvement. He should have demoted Little earlier, and now that he is in team-a suddenly we are binging him back most likely prematurely.

Mominul, the coach killer. May be Haturu was right that Monimul have some technical issue that will be exposed to certain pitch/opponent. Fans were mad for dropping Mominul, he is back and he is not doing well right now. Are we (BCB, player. fans) capable of taking criticism from experts about a player's weakness. i don't think so. Did he addressed his issues before he is back, I doubt it. Did we really expected Mominul to perform double century against WI in WI? We put him in a position to fail in this series.

Anamul, I have nothing to say. yes he is young and yes he talented. But did he deserved this opportunity? When he was dropped he was supposed to work on certain technical weakness. Did he showed any sign that he addressed them in local league? If he didn't improved in that aspect, why putting him in a position to fail again and then
screwing up his chances further?

Litton, yes we have some mixed result. but I see he addressed some of his technical flaws (shortcomings). But are we giving him enough chance? I don't think so. I think he needs to play more before we can get a feeling which way he is going.

Miraz, clearly he is improving. I see sign of maturity. He should continue to get more opportunity.

There are few other players who haven't played enough to say they are failure: Apu, nazmul, Afif, Rony, Zakir plus Arif (who is not young).

Giving chance half hazardly and without giving enough chance to improve or not monitoring improvement while giving unconditional chances are the problem in my opinion. Wehn you give a young player a chance, you need to stick with him to see if he is making mistakes and learning or not and then you make your judgement if he should be in the team or not. Plus when its obvious, a young player is not ready or his lack of skill is exposed, he should be dropped from the team with clear plan what he should work on outside the national team.

Now what we are doing is re-bottling old wine into new fancy bottles and hope for different taste and buying lottery ticket.... jodi laaaiga jai....we really don't have a clear plan for the team or the young players ...

So its easy to point fingers at the young players individually and say... see young player-x is failing, young player-y is failing.... so they are no good.... in my humble opinion, it just shows that the management and selectors are no good....they don't know how to pick the talent and how to put them in an environment for them to grow.

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 03:18 PM
My concern is that we should not lump all these non-senior players into just "younger players" category.

There are various categories of players.

Group 1 - older, more experienced, 4-5 years of experience
Sabbir, SS, Nasir, Anamul, Mominul

Group 2 - slightly younger. one or two years of experience, good domestic pedigree
Litton, Mosaddek, Miraz

Group 3 - untested and raw
Shanto, Arifur, Afif, Rony, and Zakir.

----

we clearly failed with group 1. right now we are pinning our hopes on group 2. and some are suggesting to skip and move over to group 3

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 03:21 PM
player management may have been poor from BCB or coaches. but these players should feel blessed they are in BD and not India, where they would be lucky to even make to ranji teams. anamul's peers like unmukt chand, sanju samson and younger players like rishab pant, shreyas iyer will only good few matches to show their skills. if they fail you will never from them again.

but we continue to call our "youngsters" back and give them so many chances..

aklemalp
July 26, 2018, 03:24 PM
Some of those guys from group 1 don't have 4 solid years of experience. They've been on and off

zura
July 26, 2018, 03:33 PM
Anamul, I have nothing to say. yes he is young and yes he talented. But did he deserved this opportunity?

Anamul was second highest scorer in the domestic league after Shanto. He definitely deserved another chance. As for Liton, he himself hasn't made any improvement either. He will play with his natural instinct and lose his wicket cheap.

Fazal
July 26, 2018, 03:35 PM
player management may have been poor from BCB or coaches. but these players should feel blessed they are in BD and not India, where they would be lucky to even make to ranji teams. ..

Shouldn't almost all of our players (senior and junior) should feel blessed that they are in BD and not India? Actually our senior players should feel more luckier.... most of them have below average stat 1st half of their career and still playing like an irreplaceable players in Bangladesh.

Fazal
July 26, 2018, 03:42 PM
Anamul was second highest scorer in the domestic league after Shanto. He definitely deserved another chance. As for Liton, he himself hasn't made any improvement either. He will play with his natural instinct and lose his wicket cheap.

Did he addressed his technical issue to be successful in picth like WI or he is another Tushar, who can bully in local league? See, selectors, need to go little bit more in details than just stat.

Again I am not a expert here and we can agree to disagree. But I can see certain improvement in Litton's batting from when he first came. To me, his problem is mental, not technical. I don't think he got enough chance to say yet that he is a failure.

Fazal
July 26, 2018, 03:46 PM
Some of those guys from group 1 don't have 4 solid years of experience. They've been on and off

Exactly. And those on-and-off are not necessarily based on strictly performance. When they are on.... they are on for much longer time even when they are struggling; on the other hand we bring Zakir/Afif/Rony for one or two game... and suddenly they are gone for no obvious reason.

mufi_02
July 26, 2018, 04:25 PM
Shouldn't almost all of our players (senior and junior) should feel blessed that they are in BD and not India? Actually our senior players should feel more luckier.... most of them have below average stat 1st half of their career and still playing like an irreplaceable players in Bangladesh.

won't disagree. senior players should get fair share of criticism.

1) but it was diff time then and we had no option but to stick with them. things are not like that now.

2) shakib/tamim/mash showed immense potential and did enough to retain their spots. mushfiq was a late bloomer and the patience paid off. riyad has always been questionable and can't defend him.

2) seniors will start to phase out after the next year's WC. we can get maybe a max of 3-4 years out of them. that's why it is time for players in their mid 20s to start replacing them. so instead of what we did with seniors, we should rather focus on what can we do now and look for future.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 04:31 PM
Hello, Apnara mone rakben, Maulana Bhasani Saheeb bolechilen, "Sisoo-rai Jaatir Bhobissot"
After that HuMo Ersad bolechilo...'Ajker sisoo, agami-kaal Jati!" Or something like, "Ajker Junior Bachoor, agami kaal-er Senior bhaodai Bolod" ..same ting!

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 04:40 PM
Apnara sunoon, Hami bolte chai,

Banglaar Sisoo, Banglar Buira,
Banglar Goru, Banglar Ghora,
- Hamra subbai Bangali!

Gowza
July 26, 2018, 05:48 PM
You’ve got to look at whether they got extended runs, if they were put in the right formats etc. I agree some we call young aren’t so young any more, for those players we should be starting to see returns by now or at least from now on.

But either way, I’m a say a go for shanto. He deserves opportunities (ODIs and tests only), so if there are places open, he should get a run.

zura
July 27, 2018, 05:38 AM
Did he addressed his technical issue to be successful in picth like WI or he is another Tushar, who can bully in local league? See, selectors, need to go little bit more in details than just stat.

Again I am not a expert here and we can agree to disagree. But I can see certain improvement in Litton's batting from when he first came. To me, his problem is mental, not technical. I don't think he got enough chance to say yet that he is a failure.

I don't think you can call Anamul a "domestic bully" given that he has 3 centuries in ODI (2 against West Indies and 1 against Pakistan) in just 30 games. He is joint fastest to reach 1000 runs in ODI for Bangladesh.

Liton does the same thing Anamul and Sarkar does.All are good at hitting the ball so well but lose their wickets trying silly shots. Difference between Liton and the 2 is that the others have a good record in limited overs.

godzilla
July 27, 2018, 06:36 AM
Group B seems to be more fruitful than group A. Out of group B, I only see Miraz making it up there with the Shakib and Tamim and co for Bangladesh. The rest are, as many have pointed out, garbage and does not learn.

mufi_02
July 27, 2018, 07:38 AM
I don't think you can call Anamul a "domestic bully" given that he has 3 centuries in ODI (2 against West Indies and 1 against Pakistan) in just 30 games. He is joint fastest to reach 1000 runs in ODI for Bangladesh.

Liton does the same thing Anamul and Sarkar does.All are good at hitting the ball so well but lose their wickets trying silly shots. Difference between Liton and the 2 is that the others have a good record in limited overs.

Anamul still does not look that convincing to me. Sure, he scored some 100s in his early days but we all saw those games. He was not fluent and struggled quite a bit. Many even claimed those were "selfish" innings.

You have to question if he is good enough for international cricket. I have not seen any improvement in his technique or temperament.

His 2nd ODI innings was just frustration. He thought he could blast his way into some form. It worked for 8 balls but once again the lack of brain led to his dismissal.

zman
July 27, 2018, 09:35 AM
My two cents. (earlier typed in wrong thread by mistake)

Currently we have only four players in the team that can bat. I watched the last 20 overs and I'm pretty convinced no one else would be able to last more than 10-15 balls when the ball is turning square. It took the big 4 more than five years to find their feet and some semblance of consistency. Unfortunately the new guys are also slow learners and mentally much weaker. They're not equipped to deal with elevated expectations and tons of distractions in this new age of social media and information overload. The advantage the generation of the big 4 enjoyed is the expectations and distractions were less.

First we need to prioritize the shorter versions of the game, especially ODI's over tests. Then we need to have at least 2 different set of players for the formats, even if it means getting bundled out for less than a hundred in every test innings which we do anyway. We need to accept the fact that our players aren't blessed with the ability to adjust to different formats on the fly. So let's try to be consistent in one format first. Let's focus on ODI's. The Anamul's, Soumya's, Mosa's, Litton's, Shanto's, Kuddus's are the best we've got - there's no hidden gem out there. Whoever gets picked should be persisted with for at least 2-3 series. Not a big Anamul fan here anymore but since he's been picked he should be given few more chances. Let's keep trying them and hope to find one or two decent performers out of them. If we try to do all at once, I don't believe we will be able to recapture the glory days of 2015-2016 in the next 10 years.

R0ssei
July 27, 2018, 01:41 PM
সিনিয়রদের সঙ্গে কেন বাকিরা একই তেজে জ্বলে উঠতে পারছেন না?

সরওয়ার ইমরান তাঁদের এই ব্যর্থতাকে দেখতে চান আরও বড় দৃষ্টিকোণ থেকে। সমস্যার মূল খুঁজে পাচ্ছেন তিনি ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটেই, ‘আমাদের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটের মান দেখুন। খেলোয়াড়েরা কঠিন পরিস্থিতির মোকাবিলা করা শিখবে কীভাবে? গতবার বিপিএলে খেলল পাঁচ বিদেশি। তার একটা প্রভাব আছে না? এখন তো আমাদের নিজেদের খেলোয়াড়েরা দায়িত্বই নিতে চায় না। একজন করে বিদেশি কম করে খেলালে, দায়িত্বের জায়গাটা আরেকটু বাড়ত ওদের। তুলনামূলকভাবে ঢাকা লিগটা একটু বেশি প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ূর্ণ। তাঁর ফল, আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে আমরা ওয়ানডেতেই কিছুটা ভালো খেলছি। কিন্তু এটা যথেষ্ট নয়। এই সংস্করণকে আরও বেশি প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ূর্ণ করে তুলতে হবে। ভালো মাঠে খেলাতে হবে, আম্পায়ারিংয়ের মান আরও বাড়াতে হবে।’

তরুণ ক্রিকেটারদের ব্যর্থতার কারণ খুঁজতে গিয়ে নাজমুল আবেদীন আঙুল তুলেছেন তাঁদের দৃষ্টিভঙ্গির দিকেও, ‘আমরা ওদের সব সময় জুনিয়র হিসেবেই দেখেছি, জুনিয়র হিসেবেই বিবেচনা করেছি। ওরা যখন খেলা শুরু করেছে, তখন থেকে ওদের কাছ থেকে ও রকমই আশা করে আসছি। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে জুনিয়র-সিনিয়র বলে কিছু নেই। আপনি ভালো বলেই আপনি ওই পর্যায়েই খেলবেন। এ ক্ষেত্রে দায় কিছুটা আমাদেরও। আমরা ওদের নেতা হিসেবে তৈরি করিনি। ওরা অন্যদের ছায়ায় বড় হচ্ছে, অন্যদের ছায়ায় খেলছে।’

Source: Prothom-Alo

Roey Haque
July 27, 2018, 01:58 PM
I would have to agree. And no, I am not going back on what I said before. My stance on seniors is the same, they had a hand to play in the deterioration of the culture and they are past their peak.
But the youngins have had an opportunity to really further the exodus of the elders, but they failed. They need to start winning matches for us asap, or the whole boat shall keep sinking.

al Furqaan
July 27, 2018, 03:09 PM
Its all down to lack of A team exposure. Even the U19 boys play one or two series before a world cup and then choke. Of course, at youth and development level our players don't get enough match experience, forget about varied conditions or opponents. Mostly play against ZIM or SL teams.

Tiger Manc
July 28, 2018, 01:55 AM
^^I agree with that. Players need more A team exposure so they build up their experience and knowledge bank to aid their development. The step up from domestic to international level is too big.

Rinathq
July 28, 2018, 02:32 AM
Players need to be banned from any sponsors, marketing, third party revenue opportunities and zero bonus incentives until they have crossed 25 and have got some kind of maturity and professionalism up their belt...

That way we won't have any Shabbirs, Fizzes, Nasirs

Rifat_02
July 28, 2018, 02:53 AM
If we don't find some fresh new batch of players who are showing potential in the next few years then we are set for a new Dark Age after the older players retire , I hope the BCB is aware of the incoming disaster even if we win the series versus West Indies

Gowza
July 28, 2018, 03:02 AM
If we don't find some fresh new batch of players who are showing potential in the next few years then we are set for a new Dark Age after the older players retire , I hope the BCB is aware of the incoming disaster even if we win the series versus West Indies

Hopefully the mehedi/shanto/zakir/mosa/liton batch develop a bit. Mustafizir is part of that batch and they seem a bit better...(well liton has had some chances so maybe not him, he’s slightly older, mosa is to). Towhid seems very promising as well as shadman and there is another young opener I’ve forgotten right this moment.

adamnsu
July 28, 2018, 04:47 AM
What worries me is the young players being exposed to the unprofessional, mediocre and egotistical attitude of senior players.

I think before coming into the main team they need to stay away from such poor ethics for as long as they can.

Gowza
July 28, 2018, 04:52 AM
What worries me is the young players being exposed to the unprofessional, mediocre and egotistical attitude of senior players.

I think before coming into the main team they need to stay away from such poor ethics for as long as they can.

This is a massive concern for me to, makes me wonder if that’s why the young ones haven’t been developing.

Jadukor
July 28, 2018, 05:13 AM
Lets call lame performances for what they truly are and not come up with ridiculous excuses. Now i am supposed to believe because Shakib went on holiday or Tamim skipped a training session, suddenly Shabbir Litton Soumya cant hold the bat? What are they kindergarten kids that can't think or set personal goals for themselves? Howcome the "lazy" seniors still outperform these fools in every department? If any of these guys had any consistency they could have at least sent that useless Imrul Kayes into retirement 3 years ago.

DinRaat.
July 28, 2018, 06:36 AM
Lets call lame performances for what they truly are and not come up with ridiculous excuses. Now i am supposed to believe because Shakib went on holiday or Tamim skipped a training session, suddenly Shabbir Litton Soumya cant hold the bat? What are they kindergarten kids that can't think or set personal goals for themselves? Howcome the "lazy" seniors still outperform these fools in every department? If any of these guys had any consistency they could have at least sent that useless Imrul Kayes into retirement 3 years ago.

Our seniors are not the world class players we see them as, the bar truth, everyone except for maybe Shakib, will not even start for South Africa,England,New Zealand,Australia or even India.

These guys including(miraz,mosaddek) will not win us a world cup, we might get close, but that is where we will peak. I think our world cup winning squad is still 10-12 years away.

mufi_02
July 29, 2018, 08:31 AM
It is extremely worrying how none of these players are able to contribute and secure a spot. Anamul had three chances against a mediocre attack and failed. So did Shabbir.

And the fact that Mash came ahead of Shabbir/Mosaddek shows that management thinks those two aren’t suitable for power hitting down the order. I mean even an aging Mash produces more goods in batting than two proper young batsmen.

simon
July 29, 2018, 08:44 AM
for the sake of seniorness bring back Kaedge or Ash

Fazal
July 31, 2018, 09:18 AM
Wrong Young Players are getting chances at the wrong time and in some cases in wrong roles.

- Anamul got 3 chances after scoring a zero in warmup game.
- Sabbir shouldn't be in the team for this series. He is struggling for a long time. What's the point continue to choose him? He need a break.
- Mossadek is not your typical/natural slogger, nor does he have enough experience to improvise his skill to slogger role.

I don't know what else you expect from our young players when you misuse them and chose the wrong players. We are putting our young players to a no-win position and expecting miracle from them.

simon
July 31, 2018, 11:42 AM
3rd odi jitar por Bijoy ar Subbir er lafalafi dekhlam...kochutao korenai kintu ki bhab..money hoisilo dei dhuira duita..

mufi_02
July 31, 2018, 12:38 PM
Wrong Young Players are getting chances at the wrong time and in some cases in wrong roles.

- Anamul got 3 chances after scoring a zero in warmup game.
- Sabbir shouldn't be in the team for this series. He is struggling for a long time. What's the point continue to choose him? He need a break.
- Mossadek is not your typical/natural slogger, nor does he have enough experience to improvise his skill to slogger role.

I don't know what else you expect from our young players when you misuse them and chose the wrong players. We are putting our young players to a no-win position and expecting miracle from them.

haha miracle! no one is expecting miracle from this sorry bunch. forget about century, or even a half century, they can't even score 30 odd runs.

Fazal
July 31, 2018, 01:25 PM
haha miracle! no one is expecting miracle from this sorry bunch. forget about century, or even a half century, they can't even score 30 odd runs.

Why would a fan with any common sense would expect 30 odd runs from these three young players when it was obvious for most of the fans to stick with Anamul and Sabbir? Both of them were no inform and still management and captain insist sticking with them for the whole ODI series.

Management set Mossadek for failure by setting up as a slog batman. He is not. And by the time he comes (at the end), why someone should expect him to score 30+ runs? By the time he comes, there is few overs left.

To me among the young players only Anamul and Sabbir failed.... not the whole available young players that we have in our arsenal.

btw SS came he had success, he failed and then he was dropped. Most likely he will be back (when he is in form), that's normal... that's how young players develops and that's how young players are filtered out and only the gem stays.

Again besides other problems (not enough team-a games), decision makers are selecting wrong young players and sticking with some of them for too long while ignoring some other young players.

Why young players like Afif, Zakir, Arif (not young) was suddenly picked up and dropped and ignored while Sabbir continue to get chances? How come Abu Hider dont get much chance even he showed some promise few years back?

And why Anamul got 3 chances while Litton got none? Anamul was not ready, actulally instead of doing favor to Anamul, Majrafee pretty much screwed him up....say bye bye to Anamul for next 2 years.

Again we are giving too many chances to the wrong young players while ignoring the deserving one. Young talent doesn't grow in trees, and most of them will not flourish without proper care.... you need to nurture them, you need to give them chance and guide them and teach them and bring them when they are ready to make mistake and learn and grow, if they don't grow, you drop them and work in the background with them with some plan how to address the issues.

Not all the young players will survive, that's perfectly ok. You drop young player after giving enough chance, that's also ok. But dont bring a young player (Afif, Zakir) play him just one game and just forget about him. That do not do any justice to that player.

Rinathq
July 31, 2018, 01:25 PM

They can't even score 1 of 1 ... 30? Man don't give our young cubs a heart attack!

mufi_02
July 31, 2018, 01:51 PM
@ fazal mamu,

eto kotha pechabo nah. granted, bcb management of these players could have been better.

but simply asking -- do you think these players received enough chances to showcase their skills? and why even after few years, they have not developed their game and earned their spots?

right now spots aren't earned. anamul comes in coz soumya is in bad form. now litton will coz anamul flopped.

*discussion doesn't include new raw players like afif, zakir, maruf, rony etc.

simon
July 31, 2018, 04:50 PM
Why would a fan with any common sense would expect 30 odd runs from these three young players when it was obvious for most of the fans to stick with Anamul and Sabbir? Both of them were no inform and still management and captain insist sticking with them for the whole ODI series.

Management set Mossadek for failure by setting up as a slog batman. He is not. And by the time he comes (at the end), why someone should expect him to score 30+ runs? By the time he comes, there is few overs left.

To me among the young players only Anamul and Sabbir failed.... not the whole available young players that we have in our arsenal.

btw SS came he had success, he failed and then he was dropped. Most likely he will be back (when he is in form), that's normal... that's how young players develops and that's how young players are filtered out and only the gem stays.

Again besides other problems (not enough team-a games), decision makers are selecting wrong young players and sticking with some of them for too long while ignoring some other young players.

Why young players like Afif, Zakir, Arif (not young) was suddenly picked up and dropped and ignored while Sabbir continue to get chances? How come Abu Hider dont get much chance even he showed some promise few years back?

And why Anamul got 3 chances while Litton got none? Anamul was not ready, actulally instead of doing favor to Anamul, Majrafee pretty much screwed him up....say bye bye to Anamul for next 2 years.

Again we are giving too many chances to the wrong young players while ignoring the deserving one. Young talent doesn't grow in trees, and most of them will not flourish without proper care.... you need to nurture them, you need to give them chance and guide them and teach them and bring them when they are ready to make mistake and learn and grow, if they don't grow, you drop them and work in the background with them with some plan how to address the issues.

Not all the young players will survive, that's perfectly ok. You drop young player after giving enough chance, that's also ok. But dont bring a young player (Afif, Zakir) play him just one game and just forget about him. That do not do any justice to that player.
Bijoy was not inform?
He was scoring hundreds in domestic hence the selectors thought this is the right time, he failed to convert his domestic form into international.
And how did Mash screw Anamul up ? Mash showed faith in him ,but he failed to grab this opportunity and once again proved that he is selfish.

Rinathq
July 31, 2018, 05:50 PM
When Anamul didn't get enough chance: BCBs fault for ignoring him
When Anamul got enough chance: BCB didn't drop him earlier.

Our team culture is reflected in our fans too. We love blaming someone else for every failure. Why cant we just accept the fact that it's none other then Anamul Haque Bijoy who is at fault here? Same goes for every other player! Bijoy played his normal spot, Shabbir has played his normal spot for a long time. When he was switched up the order and failed, he wasn't dropped for that.. rather he was pushed down to his comfort spot and he still failed. Soumya played his usual spot. So I don't get which junior player actually played a role they were not meant to? If anything.. Shakib is playing a top order role which wasn't meant to, Tamim is playing an anchor role which wasn't his speciality, Riyad has transformed into a power hitter which wasn't his natural game, Mushy has played according to the situation to accomodate the situation...

All the seniors have changed the game to accomodate the team. The juniors on the other hand despite getting protected by the seniors every effing time still couldn't secure a bare minimum supporting role

ahnaf
July 31, 2018, 09:26 PM
When Anamul didn't get enough chance: BCBs fault for ignoring him
When Anamul got enough chance: BCB didn't drop him earlier.

Our team culture is reflected in our fans too. We love blaming someone else for every failure. Why cant we just accept the fact that it's none other then Anamul Haque Bijoy who is at fault here? Same goes for every other player! Bijoy played his normal spot, Shabbir has played his normal spot for a long time. When he was switched up the order and failed, he wasn't dropped for that.. rather he was pushed down to his comfort spot and he still failed. Soumya played his usual spot. So I don't get which junior player actually played a role they were not meant to? If anything.. Shakib is playing a top order role which wasn't meant to, Tamim is playing an anchor role which wasn't his speciality, Riyad has transformed into a power hitter which wasn't his natural game, Mushy has played according to the situation to accomodate the situation...

All the seniors have changed the game to accomodate the team. The juniors on the other hand despite getting protected by the seniors every effing time still couldn't secure a bare minimum supporting role

spot on. :up:

Fazal
July 31, 2018, 09:30 PM
@ fazal mamu,

eto kotha pechabo nah. granted, bcb management of these players could have been better.

but simply asking -- do you think these players received enough chances to showcase their skills? and why even after few years, they have not developed their game and earned their spots?

right now spots aren't earned. anamul comes in coz soumya is in bad form. now litton will coz anamul flopped.

*discussion doesn't include new raw players like afif, zakir, maruf, rony etc.

Good Idea, I also try to stick with the point:

>> do you think these players received enough chances to showcase their skills?

Some of them got enough chance some of them didn't. For each player its different.
Who got enough chance recently? Sabbir and SS (before he was dropped) for example. Anamul's case is different. He got enough time few years back, but he came back without addressing his issues. Litton and Miraz: work in progress. I see some improvements and want to see more of them.

>> and why even after few years, they have not developed their game and earned their spots?
Its not realistic to expect all of them will earn their spot. Some will stick some will fade. When a young player is dropped for performance/technical reason no point to bring them back unless they(BCB) sees that they address the issue. Just recycling them back and hoping for miracle is not going to work. Among young players, We need to stick with Litton/Miraz/Opu for now bring some new players who are ready (Afif/Zakir/Arif/ etc)

>> right now spots aren't earned. anamul comes in coz soumya is in bad form.

Yes, that's what I am also saying... we (BCB) are sticking with some wrong young players and rewarding them for non performance (Sabbir, Anamul, SS...) that's the problem. While we are not gining some other new players enough chance before sacking them.

>> *discussion doesn't include new raw players like afif, zakir, maruf, rony

I disagree. When you talk about young players and exposure, these players also includes in the discussion.... that is we are recycling some young players Nasir/Sakib/Anamul/SS for so long while we (BCB) brought afif, zakir, rony in the nation team but didnt gave them enough chance to show their capability.

Musfiq didnt grew in one days... it took years for him to develop. What you\ should see in a young player is is he learning and growing, is he given enough chance, etc.

Fazal
July 31, 2018, 09:43 PM
Bijoy was not inform?
He was scoring hundreds in domestic hence the selectors thought this is the right time, he failed to convert his domestic form into international.
And how did Mash screw Anamul up ? Mash showed faith in him ,but he failed to grab this opportunity and once again proved that he is selfish.
Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Domestic performance doesn't always translate to international game, specially in away (non sub continet pitch). Anamul is not out of form, but has some technical short comming that is exposed. Even a lamen fans can see that when he plays. Why BCB cannot recognize that? Whats the point bringimng him back if he haven't addressed it?

How did Mash screwed Anamul's career? Have you seen how he played? How anybody in his right mind thought giving him 3 lottery chance will bring different result? Now do you know what is going to happen? Regardless how he performs next two years, how he address his issues, he will be vanished from the national team for next 2 years. Yes its Anamul's fault for not taking these opportunities, but there should be some Adults here makeing some adult decision and say enough is enough...they see Anamul practice every day... how come they not see that he is NOT ready yet?

Anamul's and Sabbir's failure is their own individual faults, no point to give a bad rapport to all young players.

adamnsu
July 31, 2018, 09:47 PM
Domestic performance doesn't always translate to international game, specially in away (non sub continet pitch). Anamul is not out of form, but has some technical short comming that is exposed. Even a lamen fans can see that when he plays. Why BCB cannot recognize that? Whats the point bringimng him back if he haven't addressed it?

How did Mash screwed Anamul's career? Have you seen how he played? How anybody in his right mind thought giving him 3 lottery chance will bring different result? Now do you know what is going to happen? Regardless how he performs next two years, how he address his issues, he will be vanished from the national team for next 2 years. Yes its Anamul's fault for not taking these opportunities, but there should be some Adults here makeing some adult decision and say enough is enough...they see Anamul practice every day... how come they not see that he is NOT ready yet?

Anamul's and Sabbir's failure is their own individual faults, no point to give a bad rapport to all young players.

True. Jaddar khelar murod assay they will show it on field.

ToBeFair
July 31, 2018, 10:21 PM
Among the young players, I am willing to persist with Mehidy, Mosaddek, Nazmul Opu, and Liton. Mosaddek should be made to bat at 4. Our line up should look like this:

TIK, Liton, Shak, Mosa, Mushy, Riyad, Mash, Mehidy, Nazmul, Rubel, Fiz

I am not willing to persist anymore with the following three:

SS and Anamul: Technical issue they are not working out plus on crease they show Ash syndrome - ambivalent when it comes to playing shots

Shabbir: 50+ ODIs is more than enough to prove your worth and he has failed.

Gowza
July 31, 2018, 10:31 PM
7 is too high for mash to bat in ODIs, I’d like to see shanto in there but mosa I guess hasn’t been given a proper chance so unless you put mushy and riyad at 6/7 would be hard to fit both shanto and mosa in the same xi. In saying that mushy and riyad are the best finishers in ODIs so maybe they should be at 6/7.

Yankees
July 31, 2018, 11:18 PM
7 is too high for mash to bat in ODIs, I’d like to see shanto in there but mosa I guess hasn’t been given a proper chance so unless you put mushy and riyad at 6/7 would be hard to fit both shanto and mosa in the same xi. In saying that mushy and riyad are the best finishers in ODIs so maybe they should be at 6/7.

both of them should be 6/7. It's guaranteed that someone will go for cheap, so we are really looking at 5/6 realistically.

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Moss
Shakib
Mushy
Mullah
Mash

Gowza
August 1, 2018, 01:54 AM
both of them should be 6/7. It's guaranteed that someone will go for cheap, so we are really looking at 5/6 realistically.

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Moss
Shakib
Mushy
Mullah
Mash

Yeah not bad, although shakib at 3 has been working so questioning whether he should be moved from there yet, but obviously if we are trying to fit shanto and mosa then it’s prob best to move him back down the order.

mufi_02
August 1, 2018, 09:27 AM
Good Idea, I also try to stick with the point:

>> do you think these players received enough chances to showcase their skills?

Some of them got enough chance some of them didn't. For each player its different.
Who got enough chance recently? Sabbir and SS (before he was dropped) for example. Anamul's case is different. He got enough time few years back, but he came back without addressing his issues. Litton and Miraz: work in progress. I see some improvements and want to see more of them.

>> and why even after few years, they have not developed their game and earned their spots?
Its not realistic to expect all of them will earn their spot. Some will stick some will fade. When a young player is dropped for performance/technical reason no point to bring them back unless they(BCB) sees that they address the issue. Just recycling them back and hoping for miracle is not going to work. Among young players, We need to stick with Litton/Miraz/Opu for now bring some new players who are ready (Afif/Zakir/Arif/ etc)

>> right now spots aren't earned. anamul comes in coz soumya is in bad form.

Yes, that's what I am also saying... we (BCB) are sticking with some wrong young players and rewarding them for non performance (Sabbir, Anamul, SS...) that's the problem. While we are not gining some other new players enough chance before sacking them.

>> *discussion doesn't include new raw players like afif, zakir, maruf, rony

I disagree. When you talk about young players and exposure, these players also includes in the discussion.... that is we are recycling some young players Nasir/Sakib/Anamul/SS for so long while we (BCB) brought afif, zakir, rony in the nation team but didnt gave them enough chance to show their capability.

Musfiq didnt grew in one days... it took years for him to develop. What you\ should see in a young player is is he learning and growing, is he given enough chance, etc.

Not all young players are same.

but we have clearly failed with sabbir/anamul/SS/mominul(?). They had ample opportunities and failed to capitalize on that. Now we moved on the next batch of litton/miraz/mosaddek. the early signs are not promising. then you have the likes of shanto/afif/zakir/rony which are yet to be tested.

all I am saying is that we have been given them lots of chances but none are delivering consistently. I don't see any of these players taking our performance to the next level and eventually to some glories or trophies.

final ques - tamim/shakib/mushy took our cricket to the next level in comparison to the seniors of their time such as haba/golla/ash etc. do you think any of these young players will be able to push it further than the current seniors did or are we going to regress?

SportingBD
August 1, 2018, 10:21 AM
I think our players play the least amount of first class/list A matches before they debut compared to players of other nations. Would be nice if someone can pull those numbers.

In general most of our players debut very raw, never seem to be finished product.

Krishna
August 2, 2018, 08:43 AM
Why it seems that anamul and soumya hasn't learn anything and their technic issues has remain unchanged. why so arrogant to accept your lackings?

Tigers_eye
August 6, 2018, 04:14 PM
Why it seems that anamul and soumya hasn't learn anything and their technic issues has remain unchanged. why so arrogant to accept your lackings?Playing my natural game and and and...