PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Rule Change: Mushfiqur LBW Review given as a Dot and not a 4

cricman
July 26, 2018, 08:29 PM
That right there is the Margin of the Match

42.3 - Bishoo to Mushfiqur Rahim, no run, appeal for leg before, given. Mushfiqur reviews. Flat length ball, Mushfiqur looks to reverse sweep this as it turns away from a middle and leg line. Clear inside edge caught on Ultra Edge

Wasn't even a dead ball but a dot ball, a Clear 4

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 08:47 PM
I totally agree, cricman.
I did not want to say anything about it, as it is a rule(!). But that being said, it is a SH!T rule! This kind of things make cricket and ICC a pile of SH!T. This bullsh!t crap rule(!) does NOT make NO sense! And yeah, ICC is going to globalize cricket, like the world (other than a handful of nations) really dying to, so eagerly waiting at the edge of their stools to learn about this glorious f'in game cricket! OICC sucks and they should fix these kind or turd rules instead of fining, reprimanding active cricketers for some mild send offs!

Rule, my foot - that 4 runs should have been given! I didn't make any fuss about it, because the Losers of BD team lost the game for their own bloody reason!

bujhee kom
July 26, 2018, 08:49 PM
Croquet has a far better and 'stable' set of rules than this so called nonsense primitive bullsh!t rules that cricket carries!

al Furqaan
July 27, 2018, 01:58 AM
Yeah that was a 4.

Wait that wasn't given as runs? Holy crap...we actually won that game!

adamnsu
July 27, 2018, 02:26 AM
That umpire towards the end
seemed like giving all decisions against us

tiger1000
July 27, 2018, 03:22 AM
It's a poor rule and I always thought that

As for the umpiring, it was consistently against us

Rifat_02
July 27, 2018, 04:36 AM
The level of umpiring in this tour has been poor and it is nothing new we somehow manage to come across these umpires like Ashoka De Silva who just makes lot of mistakes against us , maybe it is the reputation of the team

adamnsu
July 27, 2018, 06:52 AM
I am surprised none of the West Indian commies were critical about the poor umpiring especially the black guy

tiger1000
July 27, 2018, 06:56 AM
I am surprised none of the West Indian commies were critical about the poor umpiring especially the black guy

They in fact said bangladesh have got the luck on the decisions

Vahroone
July 27, 2018, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a loophole rather than a 'rule'.

Can't say I've seen many of these though, but a sample set of 2-3 including Mushfiqur's dismissal should be enough to force a change in the books once the ICC get together.

Shadow
July 27, 2018, 09:47 AM
I wonder why the ICC member nations never raised question against this rule in the agenda meetings. We have seen so many amendments to rules like the run out decision once the batsman touch the ground inside the line. Why not this one?

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 10:14 AM
If the umpire would have not given it out, the fielder would have definitely ran after the ball.

They will probably not change anything.

The rule is fine.

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 10:16 AM
The bowling should have not appealed for that LBW, in the first place.

Shadow
July 27, 2018, 10:26 AM
If the umpire would have not given it out, the fielder would have definitely ran after the ball.

The rule is fine.

I don't think the rule is fine because it shouldn't be a dot ball. The batsman knowing it isn't out will attempt to take a run given that the ball doesn't go straight to the fielder.

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 10:30 AM
I don't think the rule is fine because it shouldn't be a dot ball. The batsman knowing it isn't out will attempt to take a run given that the ball doesn't go straight to the fielder.

There was no run when the decision was given; and when the ball was declared dead, hence it was justified to be a dot ball. Similarly you can't have the boundary because the decision was given prior to the ball hitting the boundary rope. The ball was dead before the ball hit the ropes.

Rifat
July 27, 2018, 10:51 AM
One of two solutions:

The ball hit bat => the ball crosses boundary rope. it's :four: runs! it doesn't matter if players appeal or didn't appeal.

It's either :four: runs or a dead ball. take your pick. It should not be a dot. that's not justice. If the umpire decision is reversed it shouldn't be a dot ball...

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 10:56 AM
^^ what if the batsman hits a six on the re-ball?

Shadow
July 27, 2018, 10:56 AM
There was no run when the decision was given; and when the ball was declared dead, hence it was justified to be a dot ball. Similarly you can't have the boundary because the decision was given prior to the ball hitting the boundary rope. The ball was dead before the ball hit the ropes.

What if the umpire takes time to make the decision and the batsman takes the run before the decision is made? As per the current rule the runs still wont be counted.How's that justified?

tiger1000
July 27, 2018, 11:10 AM

The rule is fine.

It's not a good rule

Ignore this match and look at it

World Cup final 4 needed off 1 and he gets it, only for the umpire to call it wrongly

Problem is solution isn't that simple, what can they do, give boundaries but not singles?

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 11:11 AM
What if the umpire takes time to make the decision and the batsman takes the run before the decision is made? As per the current rule the runs still wont be counted.How's that justified?

To answer your question, a run is scored.

The ball is only dead after the Umpire's made his decision.

Crazy game innit?

Where did you get that the runs won't count after the batsmen complete a run and before the Umpire's given his decision from?

Justified right there.

I'm in favor of changing. 100%

It's too vague for the new age of cricket fans. We need an overhaul of it.

I agree with Rifat bhai 95%

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 11:12 AM
It's not a good rule

Ignore this match and look at it

World Cup final 4 needed off 1 and he gets it, only for the umpire to call it wrongly

Problem is solution isn't that simple, what can they do, give boundaries but not singles?

As Rifat say, dead ball or 4

One team will not like it.

Shadow
July 27, 2018, 11:23 AM
To answer your question, a run is scored.

The ball is only dead after the Umpire's made his decision.

Crazy game innit?

Where did you get that the runs won't count after the batsmen complete a run and before the Umpire's given his decision from?

Justified right there.

20.1.1.3 a batsman is dismissed. The ball will be deemed to be dead from the instant of the incident causing the dismissal.
The ball is not considered dead when the decision is made but when the incident happened. Hence the run is not counted.

aklemalp
July 27, 2018, 11:24 AM
I stand corrected

bujhee kom
July 27, 2018, 11:50 AM
Let's all hold aklemalp down until he brings back the Chitol fish again!

bujhee kom
July 27, 2018, 11:52 AM
By the guys, you all know that akle is also Bangladeshi too...He is our Jamai...he is our brother in-law, son in-law and Dulabhai. He is marrying a Bangladeshi, BD is his team too.

Shadow
July 27, 2018, 11:56 AM

Gregory Braithwaite made some good decisions too. Umpiring wasn't very poor.

NoName
July 27, 2018, 12:13 PM
Umpiring was a joke, look no further than 3-4 of our reviews were over-turned in a single innings.........and we usually suck with our reviews :lol:

Not that it is any excuse to lose, but I was pretty pissed that the event in question was only deemed a dot.

adamnsu
July 27, 2018, 01:04 PM
Gregory Braithwaite made some good decisions too. Umpiring wasn't very poor.

It was quite poor towards the end. Especially that out the black guy gave which was at a crucial juncture.

Imagine if there was no DRS and all those decisions went against us., result would have been even worse!