PDA

View Full Version : Buy New Car or Old car.

iDumb
August 1, 2018, 07:00 AM
ok I don't have to buy a car. But since all of you yahoo finance article readers on this forum love talking about these, why not open a thread ? Waiting to pull out my superior math skills and superior observational skills and judgement to put rest of you in shame. Like always!

DinRaat.
August 1, 2018, 07:13 AM
I don't buy my cars based on financial return/loss.

As Jeremy Clarkson said "Test drive the car, if it puts a smile on your face, buy it"

Jadukor
August 1, 2018, 07:31 AM
ok I don't have to buy a car. But since all of you yahoo finance article readers on this forum love talking about these, why not open a thread ? Waiting to pull out my superior math skills and superior observational skills and judgement to put rest of you in shame. Like always!
You should buy either a new or an old calculator first:lol:

iDumb
August 1, 2018, 08:42 AM
I don't buy my cars based on financial return/loss.

As Jeremy Clarkson said "Test drive the car, if it puts a smile on your face, buy it"

well putting a smile cost money. Last time you posted about your/your parents car I distinctly remember it being a used ?luxury car. Whats the point in that?

I can appreciate ppl buying used durable car not to waste money but I don't get buying used luxury car. There is nothing luxury about an used car.

anyways, I only buy new. And will always buy new. reliable and safer and smart.

tonmoy.dhaka
August 1, 2018, 09:00 AM
Purely financial reason..

A car looses most of its value in the first year... So if buying a used car, buy a year old car..

Also note: make sure the mileage is not too high from just a year of driving (20K is average in North America, more than 35K would be a NO)

Do not buy a car that was used for Rental service. Usually those are not well taken care of.

Of course every car is different, a 1 year old german car is not the same as 1 year old Korean car.

roman
August 1, 2018, 09:58 AM
I leased a car before. Not a wise thing to do. Like Brother Tonmoy said, better to buy a year or two old car with low mileage. But who doesnt like to drive a car with zero mileage and have that fresh new car smell

Yankees
August 1, 2018, 01:37 PM
if you buy used, check the mileage. With new cars, you get reliability and the peace of mind that your car is not likely to break down in the middle of the highway. Whether that's worth the price tag depends entirely on you.

But hey, this thread isn't about deciding between new vs old, it's about an insecure little man overreacting to a couple of memes. "Superior" indeed :facepalm:

bujhee kom
August 1, 2018, 02:36 PM
Neither! I have been hitching rides for yeaas! If noone wants to give a ride, I walk or take the bus!