PDA

View Full Version : Best BD commentator: Athar vs Shamim

al Furqaan
August 8, 2018, 03:02 PM
Don't think we've ever had an official poll. We've heard their voices, now its time to make your voice heard with your vote.

MarufH
August 8, 2018, 03:25 PM
Hands down AAK. He has his flaws but still miles ahead of SC.

Sorry Shamim bhai if you are reading this but he lacks basic cricketing knowledge. We desperately need another good commentator.

aklemalp
August 8, 2018, 03:39 PM
Coined the term, "Dhal Bhat Shot"

Shamim all the way!

Rifat
August 8, 2018, 09:22 PM
Mehrab Hossain Jr.? Shahriar Nafees also commentated for Bangladesh. Then there's another fellow named Ishtiaque...

ToBeFair
August 8, 2018, 10:31 PM
Atahar - the worst ever cricket commentator - zero cricketing knowledge

I only hear from him clich├ęs and words of no substance. Like:

Wad a playa
Thank you very much

Plus he has obnoxious Indian English accent.

Shamim on the other hand - sometimes uses technical language. For example, sometimes he discusses the area where the batsmen played the shot.

So, Shamim > Atahar

shabbir
August 9, 2018, 08:43 PM
Chy Jafarullah Sharafot

Roey Haque
August 9, 2018, 11:51 PM
Both suck. But Athar has some cricket insight at least, and knows how to keep quiet. Hence, less annoying. Shamim does not shut up and describes everything he sees on screen.

adamnsu
August 10, 2018, 03:26 AM
I think over the years I have become used to Atahar (not that I like his style) but I could never get used to Shamim.

Shamim has alot enthusiasm but thats all he has. His jokes are extremely cringe worthy and his delivery is even worse. I think he is one person who should never be shown on camera for his shabby looks.

What both lack, apart from alot of technical knowledge is to be a bit more interesting as both lack charisma.

Speaking of the worst commies, the guys on Bangladesh Betar and Channel i some many years ago were surely a cure for insomnia.

Although I remember when BD beat Kenya, one of the guys on the radio couldnt hold his emotion and started crying live on air!

simon
August 10, 2018, 07:15 AM
Both suck in their own way.
Shamim is embarrasingly funny, Ata is pure cringe.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tigers_eye
August 10, 2018, 08:24 AM
Atahar - the worst ever cricket commentator - zero cricketing knowledge I mute the TV and enjoy my cricket. But I can't agree to the above statement. He is the best BD batsman I have ever seen playing before test status. Yes, better than Habibul Bashar. His cover drives were picture perfect. His bowling was an extra. If he don't have cricketing knowledge then we all here, are in the minus column.

adamnsu
August 10, 2018, 08:44 AM
I mute the TV and enjoy my cricket. But I can't agree to the above statement. He is the best BD batsman I have ever seen playing before test status. Yes, better than Habibul Bashar. His cover drives were picture perfect. His bowling was an extra. If he don't have cricketing knowledge then we all here, are in the minus column.

I think he is probably making a joke there. If you go back to his comments and switch places for Atahar and Shamim you will see what he did there I think.

Otherwise I totally agree with your statement

Navo
August 10, 2018, 09:12 AM
I mute the TV and enjoy my cricket. But I can't agree to the above statement. He is the best BD batsman I have ever seen playing before test status. Yes, better than Habibul Bashar. His cover drives were picture perfect. His bowling was an extra. If he don't have cricketing knowledge then we all here, are in the minus column.

I personally can't remember Athar's batting but from what I've seen on YouTube, he was an elegant stroke maker. The drives and flick of his legs during the first five minutes of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT6DS-EcoIE are a pleasure to watch.

RealSports
August 10, 2018, 09:28 AM
I actually prefer Shamim. I wish Athar never commentates again. Surprised there are barely any commentators from our lands apart from these two.

ToBeFair
August 10, 2018, 09:30 AM

Atahar doesn't have any cricketing knowledge. A challenge to everyone: share with me any clip where Ata shared some cricketing insight during commentary.

Donal C
August 10, 2018, 09:42 AM
Athars voice is unique and weird, but OK. Shamims voice is of an old,fed-up principal about to lecture a child on the meaning of respect and thus is very boring.

Zeeshan
August 27, 2018, 05:38 PM
*insert Shamimesque condescending chuckle reading all the comments*