PDA

View Full Version : Sabbir Rahman Slapped with a SIX-MONTH BAN From International Cricket

aklemalp
September 1, 2018, 08:18 AM
Takes effect on Sunday, September 2nd.

Ismail said Sabbir has been warned of a lengthy ban if his misdemeanours continued. Sabbir has been charged in the past for a number of issues like physically assaulting a fan during a National Cricket League match in Rajshahi, using abusive words while replying to a Facebook post of a fan and hitting team-mate Mehedi Hasan during the Afghanistan series. The hard-hitting batsman is still serving a six-month ban from domestic cricket as a punishment and was also denied a national contract along with a fine of Tk 20 lakh. In 2016, he was fined 30 per cent of his BPL contract money for taking a female guest into his hotel room.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/103868/bangladesh-cricket-board-to-ban-sabbir-rahman-for-six-months

godzilla
September 1, 2018, 08:36 AM
He hit Miraz? Wtf

NoName
September 1, 2018, 09:43 AM
He hit Miraz? Wtf

First I've heard too....Hopefully this is the end of his career, don't need scum like him around the team.

What's also hilarious is BCB took him to WI even after hitting a team-mate.

Yankees
September 1, 2018, 10:23 AM
This guy is such a tool. 6 months isnt enough.

Shadow
September 1, 2018, 10:30 AM
Did he really hit Miraz? What level of effrontery is that?

Tausif
September 1, 2018, 10:36 AM
Yup Sabbir physically hit Miraz in the locker room during the Afghanistan series. Sabbir missed the third T20 due to the incident. It was reported after the series and Shujon did not file a complain because Sabbir had already got punishment for multiple disciplinary issues and he did not want him to get banned. Later, Miraz and Sabbir made up and uploaded a video on FB together explaining the situation.

Glad he got banned for his misbehavior. He should seek help through counseling or anger management for the next 6 months. He really needs it.

Tigers_eye
September 1, 2018, 10:42 AM
Wheels are coming off. Pride is followed by fall from grace.

Can't distinguish between confidence and pride.

Yankees
September 1, 2018, 10:49 AM
Yup Sabbir physically hit Miraz in the locker room during the Afghanistan series. Sabbir missed the third T20 due to the incident. It was reported after the series and Shujon did not file a complain because Sabbir had already got punishment for multiple disciplinary issues and he did not want him to get banned. Later, Miraz and Sabbir made up and uploaded a video on FB together explaining the situation.

Glad he got banned for his misbehavior. He should seek help through counseling or anger management for the next 6 months. He really needs it.

So is Sujon going to get disciplined for not following protocol? Or will he be allowed to remain a pathetic influence on the team?

Zeeshan
September 1, 2018, 10:52 AM
Players like Sabbir are now dime a dozen.

Roni_uk
September 1, 2018, 11:18 AM
he needs a course on anger management.

adamnsu
September 1, 2018, 12:51 PM
he needs a course on anger management.

He needs to be castrated too

Rinathq
September 1, 2018, 01:11 PM
Only 6 months? Yea that definitely sounds like someone got his back.

Hope this scumbag never comes back to the team

al Furqaan
September 1, 2018, 10:38 PM
Anyone can average 15 at a strike rate of 90. Not a big miss.

At least players like Nasir and others had a few good seasons before falling off. This Sabbir guy had just one or two decent knocks.

Jadukor
September 1, 2018, 10:47 PM
What a waste of a good talent. Sad news.

patriot
September 2, 2018, 12:18 AM
6 months is too lenient considering he is a repeat offender. He only loses a few matches aginst mighty Zim and WI.

BCB probably wanted him for the World cup which means the whole purpose of this joke punishment is defeated. Should have banned him for a year.

NoName
September 2, 2018, 01:14 AM
6 months is too lenient considering he is a repeat offender. He only loses a few matches aginst mighty Zim and WI.

BCB probably wanted him for the World cup which means the whole purpose of this joke punishment is defeated. Should have banned him for a year.

Well yeah, we're talking about the same organization that banned him from playing domestics but for some reason allowed him to play Internationals :lol:

DinRaat.
September 2, 2018, 03:16 AM
6 Months was a bit too lenient

Zeeshan
September 2, 2018, 05:43 AM
Here's my take.

I actually like Sabbir. He single handedly won us against SL launching counter attack after wickets fell in rapid succession.

Now when something egregious like this happens he should be reported to police with victim making GD in 'thana' and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It's as plain and simple as that.

No need for hoi choi.
No need for bruhaha.
No need for BC SJW naak golano.
No need for trial by mob mentality.
No need for public shaming.
No need for outrage.

This is BC cricket forum. Not BC ethics or Law&Order Special Justice Unit forum.

We also don't know the full story either. What happened in blindsight is none of anyone's business. Not to defend this idiot but could it be he was instigated?

Then again knowing the likes of Papon and Sujon fully they are like Jack Reacher and Robert Macall who likes to play vigilante and take law into their own hands.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing given their military background and working closely with Akram Khan for close quarter combat training before being deployed to Ramada.

Shingara
September 2, 2018, 01:16 PM
There's also news that he behaved badly towards Saniz Mirza few years ago.

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 06:40 AM
I find it funny how Sabbir taking some chick in a hotel room is somehow news. Scandalous 'fake news' always tryna instigiate and juice things up.

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 06:46 AM
Journo 1: pore to deklam kon ekta maiarra loiao hotel loveinn e gelo deklam sheidin
Journo 2: sex mex korse arki...
Journo 1: yabbao korteo pare... janen na ajke eder
Journo 2: sheitai... ganja khau, bap mar pajero niya bokhate polader moton rafel square e giya adda dao.. (seriously? Rife's Square? That's yar downtime fellas?)
Journo 1: era to money kore era ki na ki hoia gese duita six mairai... ohonkare bachena
Journo 2: ederke ebhabei dhorai dite hoy... lekhen bhai lekhen... ami basay giya pdf ta pathay dimu...

https://media.giphy.com/media/XsUtdIeJ0MWMo/giphy.gif

Yeah pretty sure Sabbir is the problem.

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 06:59 AM
So is Sujon going to get disciplined for not following protocol? Or will he be allowed to remain a pathetic influence on the team?

Stand down.

You are way out of line soldier. Admiral Sujon is a highly decorated war vet, two times purple heart, Vietnam, croix de guerre with epaulet et insignia of every different kinds of chromatic shades permutation will allow well read and crafted in the arts of hussar cavalry, ottoman janisseries, the tactical scope of bashi-bazouks, Scandinavian folk art to Parthian, Scythian and Assyrian receding horse-archery.

So I'd put away those cojones kindly back in your purse.

RealSports
September 3, 2018, 07:04 AM
He deserves it. Hope to never see him in the team again, but that's unlikely. One of the most highly talented players in side, yet he hasn't made the most of it; in fact, not even close.

If you are going to be a cricketer at this level, you first need to have the right kind of attitude.

I don't think he'll be missed based on his career record. We have other players with similar or better stats than him.

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 11:19 AM
Not sure who got more dirt.

Sabbir or these Pakistani dogs 'in the name of journalism'.

Bangladeshi cricket players keep defaming the country’s name as India’s Tenis star Sania Mirza was subjected to eve-teasing by Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman, claims her husband and star Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik.

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/455024-Sania-Mirza-subjected-to-eve-teasing-by-Bangladesh-cricketer

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 11:20 AM
Aar tomrao boisha boisha nacho ar taa deu. Manusher arto-morjada nai bole kichu. Lojjahin.

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 11:24 AM
And who the hell finds Sania Mirza attractive anyways.

godzilla
September 3, 2018, 12:34 PM
Eve-teasing a person like that is quite stupid. This guy is one hell of a ratard and definitely need some guidance but ...

I dont really understand how his sex life has to do anything with cricket related news? People F*cks outside of having a relationship/marriage. Get over it!

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 12:43 PM
Here is the thing. I for one always felt if someone harasses a woman he needs to stand up for it and apologize. But at the same time tattling to the board about personal matters and publicly shaming him like a little **** doesn't help her cause either.

If you think he crossed the line, like a strong independent woman accost him. But the fact it is not a criminal charge - I think cuz they only approached the board for disciplinary action - shows the family is equally f***ed up.

k jane hoito bolse: "ai jano tomake na amar khub kissi kissi korte icha korche" :facepalm:

Eve teasing is a whole lotta umbrella term saying nothing.

Zeeshan
September 3, 2018, 12:44 PM
Eve-teasing a person like that is quite stupid. This guy is one hell of a ratard and definitely need some guidance but ...

I dont really understand how his sex life has to do anything with cricket related news? People F*cks outside of having a relationship/marriage. Get over it!

And just so we are clear, you are not exactly mad at me right? :up:

godzilla
September 4, 2018, 01:56 AM
^ lol no? Why would I be mad at you

SH Anik
September 4, 2018, 03:14 AM
After getting dropped from the Bangladesh squad for the Asia Cup, Sabbir Rahman was at the receiving end of some other controversy. Pakistani all-rounder Shoaib Malik launched a complaint against the Bangladeshi cricketer, who allegedly teased his wife Sania Mirza (who is a tennis player) four years ago.
Sania Mirza who is famous as the wife of Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, was subjected to eve-teasing by Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman, claimed by her husband great Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik.

As a Bangladeshi, i am feeling ashamed..really :(

Shocking. :mad: From now on i would never support Sabbir rahman..He says his idol is Afridi but his behaviour is like Virat. Shameful..Sabbir..i didn't expected this. If i was the decision maker, i would have banned him for life for this eve teasing incident only. And how dare bcb didnt take any action back than and why media didnt cover the incident? Pakistani cricketers can't even bring wives here..it seems. Anyone disrespecting Shakibs wife in PSL, but no actions from PCB, how would you feel?

adamnsu
September 4, 2018, 03:22 AM
After getting dropped from the Bangladesh squad for the Asia Cup, Sabbir Rahman was at the receiving end of some other controversy. Pakistani all-rounder Shoaib Malik launched a complaint against the Bangladeshi cricketer, who allegedly teased his wife Sania Mirza (who is a tennis player) four years ago.
Sania Mirza who is famous as the wife of Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, was subjected to eve-teasing by Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman, claimed by her husband great Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik.

Shocking. :mad: From now on i would never support Sabbir rahman..He says his idol is Afridi but his behaviour is like Virat. Shameful..Sabbir..i didn't expected this. If i was the decision maker, i would have banned him for life for this eve teasing incident only. And how dare bcb didnt take any action back than and why media didnt cover the incident? Pakistani cricketers can't even bring wives here..it seems. Anyone disrespecting Shakibs wife in PSL, but no actions from PCB, what would you feel?

Some people never change. You are similar in character to Sabbir so I found your comments a great way way to start the day :floor:

cricket_king
September 4, 2018, 03:56 AM

Shocking. :mad: From now on i would never support Sabbir rahman..He says his idol is Afridi but his behaviour is like Virat. Shameful..Sabbir..i didn't expected this. If i was the decision maker, i would have banned him for life for this eve teasing incident only. And how dare bcb didnt take any action back than and why media didnt cover the incident? Pakistani cricketers can't even bring wives here..it seems. Anyone disrespecting Shakibs wife in PSL, but no actions from PCB, what would you feel?

The resident pak TROLL has landed.

SH Anik
September 4, 2018, 04:35 AM
Some people never change. You are similar in character to Sabbir so I found your comments a great way way to start the day :floor:
Reported

The resident pak TROLL has landed.
Reported

I had to do this.

Again, personal attacks and harassment started without any credible reason. Look, none of our opinions will matter or impact what happens to Bangladesh cricket.

Dont forget this is a forum and everyone has an opinion that can be wrong or right. Writing about it is just expressing ones feeling otherwise whats the point in having this forum at all. I haven't abused or did anything that dont go by the forum rules. Still i am being accused for trolling. I just hope any action this time is with credible reason not based on misunderstandings.

Whatever, just ignore my post if you don't like it. But just dont go for personal attacks. Also, Please dont derail the thread with non-issues. I wont bother to reply though.

Peace.

Zeeshan
September 4, 2018, 05:13 AM
Apparently being Pakistan's punching-bag somehow makes you "anti-hero" nowadays. Sigh..

Go ahead dude. Report me too. Been there, done that.

adamnsu
September 4, 2018, 05:32 AM
Reported

Reported

I had to do this.

Again, personal attacks and harassment started without any credible reason. Look, none of our opinions will matter or impact what happens to Bangladesh cricket.

Dont forget this is a forum and everyone has an opinion that can be wrong or right. Writing about it is just expressing ones feeling otherwise whats the point in having this forum at all. I haven't abused or did anything that dont go by the forum rules. Still i am being accused for trolling. I just hope any action this time is with credible reason not based on misunderstandings.

Whatever, just ignore my post if you don't like it. But just dont go for personal attacks. Also, Please dont derail the thread with non-issues. I wont bother to reply though.

Peace.

Yes this is a forum that I 100% agree. But have you ever wondered why you are regularly accused of trolling.... I think it strikes a nerve which is why you had to report the post :D

And I dont mind if you bother to reply to me or not but if you have changed then kudos to you.

Btw, no one personally attacked you. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Vahroone
September 4, 2018, 08:28 AM
And who the hell finds Sania Mirza attractive anyways.

Is this your contribution to the issue at hand? Speaks volumes about your personality.

Zeeshan
September 4, 2018, 08:33 AM
Yeah I sure rang that buzzer wayyy high with that BH comment, huh? Dumb...

Yankees
September 5, 2018, 12:30 AM
So Australia banned their captain and vice captain for 1 year over sandpaper, and BD gives 6 months to a repeat offender. That's the difference between a winning culture and a losing one. I have no doubt Shabbir will be playing in the world cup next year.

zura
September 5, 2018, 05:54 AM
So Australia banned their captain and vice captain for 1 year over sandpaper, and BD gives 6 months to a repeat offender. That's the difference between a winning culture and a losing one. I have no doubt Shabbir will be playing in the world cup next year.

One is an attitude problem while the other is a straight up cheating.

Jadukor
September 5, 2018, 06:11 AM
I am quite sure Shabbir will not play WC. There simply wont be enough matches left to get him match fit. The group that plays the next 6 month will eventually play the WC.

adamnsu
September 5, 2018, 06:41 AM
I dont think Shabbir should ever be in the National team again. Also it would not be a good idea to take him if he is out of international cricket for 6 months. But knowing BCB they are bound to take him in again.