PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Faruque Ahmed

oracle
May 27, 2004, 12:08 PM
I will be soon posting an interview with Faruque Ahmed. Actually, If you guys have any questions, I will be happy to fax them to him and modify my article (maybe). Mind you, you won't get breaking news or anything. Just general info.:)

paco
May 27, 2004, 12:37 PM
Yes, my question would be - why didn't we play Rafique earlier in the batting order when we needed quick runs during ODIs 2 and 3 ?

pagol-chagol
May 27, 2004, 12:58 PM
why don't we play 3 spinners when thats the only way we can remotely scare them. Rana was the only one giving Smith any trouble. The discrepency between the levels of ours spinners and pacers are so much that no pitch can make our pacers look better than the spinners. (Especially against West Indies). If there is one team we should try 3 spinners against, this is it.

Tell him a lot of fans are pissed off for the supposed 3 pacers lineup in the first test.

Zephaniah
May 27, 2004, 01:58 PM
I want to know why Shafaq Al Zabir is not in any team (A-team, Under 19 or High Performance Squad). It might be useful to run through his domestic performance and compare that with other pacers in the team bar Tapash Baishya.

reverse_swing
May 27, 2004, 02:03 PM
I think already Richard McInnes gave an explanation about him.

Rubu
May 27, 2004, 02:32 PM
Why Rana is out of the squad?

Zephaniah
May 27, 2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by reverse_swing

I'll take a good bowler with so-called bad work ethics over a bad bowler with good work ehtics (?) any day.

Zobair
May 27, 2004, 08:54 PM
The thing is a good bowler with bad work ethics may negatively influence other not-so-good teammates as well, no? Also is that the right kind of signal we want to send to aspiring youngsters?

Originally posted by Zephaniah

I'll take a good bowler with so-called bad work ethics over a bad bowler with good work ehtics (?) any day.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by pompous]

AsifTheManRahman
May 27, 2004, 08:57 PM
I want to know why Shafaq Al Zabir is not in any team (A-team, Under 19 or High Performance Squad). It might be useful to run through his domestic performance and compare that with other pacers in the team bar Tapash Baishya.

:D

ur always after mcinnes for not including shafaq in that squad...:D

i'd like to ask him why rana is not playing in the first test, and also whether he could tell whatmore to come to this board once in a while like mcinnes, and whether faruk himself could come on...

it's also gonna make his job as a selector much easier if he does...;)

Rubu
May 27, 2004, 09:13 PM
zep, i'd do the opposite. talking in general, not only bowler, i'd pick a hard working motivated player who lacks talent over a highly talented non-hard working/non-motivated player. look at our nation team. the most talented player, alok, is out of squad, mainly because (i believe) he is not a hard worker. so was asharaful before his break. on the other hand, players like rana or rajin doesn't have so much talent, but always does better because of their hard working and fighting mentality. i agree with mcinnes about this work ethic point and would always go for the fighters even though they lacks some talent.

reverse_swing
May 27, 2004, 09:22 PM
I think Rana is also a fine example. Hard working highly motivated guy who knows his limitations.

rassel
May 27, 2004, 09:30 PM
i gat something to say! tell him to stop smoking Crack! his judgment has change drastically since he arrived in the Caribbean! :lol:

Rubu
May 27, 2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by rassel
i gat something to say! tell him to stop smoking Crack! his judgment has change drastically since he arrived in the Caribbean! :lol:

who is this "him"? rana?

AsifTheManRahman
May 27, 2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Originally posted by rassel

who is this "him"? rana?

yeah i have this confusion too...

rassel
May 27, 2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Originally posted by AgentSmith
[

who is this "him"? rana?

yeah i have this confusion too...

It seems like both of you high on ganja as well. What is the original Subject? What was asked by oracle?
:umm:

fwullah
May 27, 2004, 09:52 PM
Why does Hannan Sarkar get dropped too frequently, even though we see other openers like Shahriar Hossain/Mehrab Hossain/Mohammad Ashraful/etc. failing while Hannan Sarkar scores at least some runs after getting a chance of a come-back?

And, speaking of Mohammad Ashraful, do the team management talk with Mohammad Ashraful (have a good talk) before letting him to open in One Day Internationals? Because obviously Ashraful has all the goods to be an opener, but once I heard the tv commentators saying that the communication is not there in the top order, (probably) in the 3rd ODI match when Ashraful got out horrendously; and later he had proved it in the 3-day match that Ashraful is in good nick. So form had nothing to do with Ashraful's mentality when it came to opening the innings.
- Oracle, I think I have made you understand what my question is, just make this question a short one, and then ask.

Rubu
May 27, 2004, 10:17 PM
russel, now it makes perfect sense. but trust me, since we're talking so much about rana, your "him" sounded so much of that, and i actually forgot about the title of the thread. :duh:

Zephaniah
May 28, 2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by pompous
The thing is a good bowler with bad work ethics may negatively influence other not-so-good teammates as well, no? Also is that the right kind of signal we want to send to aspiring youngsters?

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by pompous]

Highlighted phrase tells it all for Shak. I would take a player who can play the game first, then consider other attributes.