PDA

View Full Version : Netflix film "Dhaka" with Chris Helmsworth, Russo Bros

anon4567
September 2, 2018, 06:59 PM
The story revolves around Hemsworth’s character rescuing a kidnapped Indian boy held in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh

https://www.dhakatribune.com/feature/2018/08/31/chris-hemsworth-to-star-in-netflix-film-dhaka

Only downside is it won't be filmed in Dhaka, apparently India and Thailand will be used as filming locations for Dhaka city.

Would it really have hurt them this much to consider filming in Dhaka. Feeling angry. This makes me wonder if they are going to portray Bangladeshis negatively, and feared public/ govt. backlash had they filmed in Bangladesh.

I'd also get super pissed if they filmed Bangladeshis speaking in Hindi.

Zeeshan
September 2, 2018, 10:03 PM
Went to Chris's page and did a Jeff Bezos 'single question' mark moment dropping this link.

If he ever joins this forum, y'all all be my prison...mates.

(What? I don't have a sailor mouth. :-| )

Zeeshan
September 2, 2018, 10:04 PM
Title wise it takes the reverberating cake.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2018, 10:53 AM
Just saying: The legendary series "Dallas" was filmed in Hollywood with the exception of one episode. That was in the South Fork Ranch in Dallas. Hundreds of people visit the Dallas ranch everyday. :)

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2018, 10:55 AM
I don't like the story/plot.

adamnsu
September 4, 2018, 10:57 AM
I dont like the idea Indian kid being kidnapped and in Bangladesh. If they wanted a foreign city Why not Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi, Khasmir. Although alot fo disappearances in Bangladesh these days but those happening to locals!

anon4567
September 4, 2018, 08:16 PM
It is clear that the Russo bros didn't do any homework before writing the script. Pakistan would have made more sense in terms of the current political landscape. But hey, when the directors of Infinity War wants to make a film based on some sh*ty plot, who is there to correct them?

I am more interested to see their portrayal of Bangladeshis. Apart from Sacred Games, everything out of Netflix India were flops so far. Watched Ghoul, possibly the worst TV show I have seen in my life.

Yankees
September 5, 2018, 12:00 AM
wonderful. can't wait to see Netflix take a crap on Bangladesh. Best part will be seeing Helmsworth the neanderthal yelling "Daca" over and over. "me go daca, me save boy"

anon4567
September 6, 2018, 12:10 AM
wonderful. can't wait to see Netflix take a crap on Bangladesh. Best part will be seeing Helmsworth the neanderthal yelling "Daca" over and over. "me go daca, me save boy"

He'll pronounce it as "Duh-kaah" or something more ridiculous and we would just wish he stuck with the Anglicised pronunciation.

Zeeshan
September 6, 2018, 12:12 AM
So this thread seals Christopher's Hemsworth's career. Big deal.