PDA

View Full Version : .Predictions.

EngWIndian
May 27, 2004, 04:55 PM
Time for someone to bring out their crystal ball.

BangladeshFan
May 27, 2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by EngWIndian
Time for someone to bring out their crystal ball.

did you hide your crystal ball all through out the england series?:great:

paco
May 27, 2004, 06:07 PM
There's no need for a crystal ball - its quite evident that our boys are pathetically weak against genuine fast bowling, and Windies have picked 4 fast bowlers on a bouncy pitch - I say test will be over in 3 days.

SS
May 27, 2004, 06:16 PM
Batsmen won't be able to stay...four frk'n fast bowlers...why WI had to use all these fast bowlers against BD:(

BDFan
May 27, 2004, 06:19 PM
BD will be alout for 120 or something in the first innings and even less in the second one. only khaled mashud and habibul will contribute something significant in those scores.

cant say about bowling. might do very good, may bowl loppas. just no way to predict

But i still hope for a win. :fanflag:

rassel
May 27, 2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SS
Batsmen won't be able to stay...four frk'n fast bowlers...why WI had to use all these fast bowlers against BD:(

because their batsmen can be as bad as ours. You already have seen what our bowlers can do against them. their batsmen almost choked out in the first two ODI. by using four pacers they try to intimidate us. Nothing more to it!:bird:

AsifTheManRahman
May 27, 2004, 08:59 PM
there's nothing to predict...i'm looking at a 3-0 series loss, and at this point, unless we can draw or win matches, there's no use playing good and losing...

Zobair
May 27, 2004, 09:04 PM
Man! I have never been so pessimistic in a long time. Facing 3 ultra-express (Best, Edwards, Lawson) on a bouncy pitch! Lawd 've mercy! :( If by a miracle, we actually do well, I would love to hear the excuses the WI fans may come up with :)

abhs
May 27, 2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
there's nothing to predict...i'm looking at a 3-0 series loss, and at this point, unless we can draw or win matches, there's no use playing good and losing...

3-0 loss in a 2 test series? :duh:

chinanan
May 28, 2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by abhs
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

3-0 loss in a 2 test series? :duh:

:duh:

rafiq
May 28, 2004, 05:31 PM
278/7 at the end of day one. Over in 3 days? Inhospitable hosts who didn't let us bat in the practise match? Who's laughing now?

If they hadn't picked Mushfiq over a genuine Spinner allrounder like Rana, we could have had a chance to take this one to the bank.

sage
May 28, 2004, 05:38 PM
If BD can hold WI around 300 in the first inning then we can think about some positive result.:)

sage
May 28, 2004, 05:40 PM
I hate to say that, there are some cry babies who are more pathetic then batting collapse. Stop whinning! Would ya!

James90
May 28, 2004, 06:00 PM
I see most of you will be plesantly surprised

BD 310 (Ashraful 71)
WI 380 (Smith 115, Lara 72)
BD 144 (Mashud 41*)
WI 0/75

IanW
May 28, 2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by pompous
Man! I have never been so pessimistic in a long time. Facing 3 ultra-express (Best, Edwards, Lawson) on a bouncy pitch! Lawd 've mercy! :( If by a miracle, we actually do well, I would love to hear the excuses the WI fans may come up with :)

Pompous,

Go read this link, about the Cairns Test in '03. That was a green top, and a real fast bowling attack.

www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/25/1059084209521.html?from=storyrhs

The difference is that Bangladesh only need 2 respectable scores to put the West Indies under pressure.

They've got one of them already.

And Bangladesh's second innings is going to be full of batsmen that know the attack is nothing to be scared of, and gives enough loose deliveries to score off.

Bangladesh can win this one.

Zephaniah
May 28, 2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
I see most of you will be plesantly surprised

BD 310 (Ashraful 71)
WI 380 (Smith 115, Lara 72)
BD 144 (Mashud 41*)
WI 0/75

yeah , I worry about 2nd innings batting too! But still would love to see a draw.
Please don't say 'no' !:(

Zephaniah
May 28, 2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by IanW

And Bangladesh's second innings is going to be full of batsmen that know the attack is nothing to be scared of, and gives enough loose deliveries to score off.

Bangladesh can win this one.

May God bless you!

SS
May 28, 2004, 07:50 PM
but...there were middle order collapse...
but still Bashar's innings was superb and Ash played a very responsible(!) innings.
seeing the pitch i have a feeling that this pitch will get harder and it will be a heaven for WI batsmen...unless otherwise there is turn..then Mr.R can do something with his spin. Well played BD could have done excellent if 4 wkts are gone...
WI can score this run by loosing only 3 wkts...I hope BD can bat till lunch tommorrow...then WI will bat tommorrow and day after tommorrow to post a huge total for us. I hope it won't be more than 500.

Navarene
May 28, 2004, 08:06 PM
Ashraful 111 not out (he will get another life on the first session)
Rafique 37
Aziz 16
Tapash 21
BD will post +350 and all out just after lunch

At stump on day 2 WI will be in deep trouble with some odd 119 for 4.

Rafique will get the price wicket of Lara! BD on the driving sit:flag:

Navarene
May 29, 2004, 07:14 PM
Any prediction for day 3?
BD is prolly going to declare after batting an hour on the 1st session unless they are all out. Considering the fact that this pitch turned out to be flat and batsman friendly, WI will try to build up a big score as quick as possible. This trick might hit their own backyard. The fear of losing wicket on regular interval will not be surprising at all. I still believe that the only threat to our boys are Chanderpaul-Sarwan-Lara partnership. Rest of the WI batters are quite mediocre.

Let's hope Tapash and Aziz can fire up with all throttle and Rafique destroys them with his magic arm balls....for this is the right moment to keep pressure on this presbiopic WI team:karate:

Zephaniah
May 29, 2004, 07:37 PM
Day 3

BD 429 all out

WI 241/5

paco
May 29, 2004, 07:46 PM
How sweet it is to find out I was soooo wrong about our batsmen!! :fanflag:

The test could still be over in 3 days though, all we have to do is bowl out WI twice in 90 overs :lol: (going a little over the top)

Ahmed_B
May 29, 2004, 07:47 PM
How can I Predict anything at all?!!!!
BD is being so so sooooo UNPREDICTABLE!!!!! :D:D:D:D
:fanflag::flag::flag::flag::fanflag:

reverse_swing
May 30, 2004, 05:07 PM
My prediction after Day 4 match situation will be something like this:

WI 290~320

BD 220/7 Declare

WI 10/2:)

EngWIndian
May 30, 2004, 05:11 PM
.Predictions.

Draw

in second innings, BD will make under 230, Sarwan/Lara/or Smithy will blaze with century,

but still, result will be Draw.

IanW
May 30, 2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Zephaniah
Day 3

BD 429 all out

WI 241/5

That was bloody close.

BD 416 all out, WI 262/5

IanW
May 30, 2004, 05:19 PM
.Predictions.

Draw

in second innings, BD will make under 230, Sarwan/Lara/or Smithy will blaze with century,

Depending on what WI get out for, that may not be enough ... if WI get 320 all out and BD get a quick 220, then thats 315 to win and a day to get it in.

A blazing century and 200 from everyone else (and extras) is thus a win to Bangladesh ...

EngWIndian
May 30, 2004, 05:23 PM
.Predictions.

Draw

Depending on what WI get out for, that may not be enough ... if WI get 320 all out and BD get a quick 220, then thats 315 to win and a day to get it in.

A blazing century and 200 from everyone else (and extras) is thus a win to Bangladesh ...

ok, including the fact that it will most likely rain, if BD does give WI around 320 to win, Devon/Lara/Sarwan/Gayle/Smith are in very good form, i cant see that team being bowled out in 1 day.

Zobair
May 30, 2004, 05:27 PM
I really wouldn't be that sure...confident batsmen don't give so many easy chances...just imagine if the Tigers had kept their nerves and caught those easy catches...

.Predictions.

Draw

ok, including the fact that it will most likely rain, if BD does give WI around 320 to win, Devon/Lara/Sarwan/Gayle/Smith are in very good form, i cant see that team being bowled out in 1 day.

Zephaniah
May 30, 2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Zephaniah
Day 3

BD 429 all out

WI 241/5

Day 4

WI 346 all out.

BD 186/7

IanW
May 30, 2004, 05:48 PM

What does the sequence

Bridgetown, 94, Port of Spain, 209, Kingston, 47 mean to you ?

EngWIndian
May 30, 2004, 05:52 PM

What does the sequence

Bridgetown, 94, Port of Spain, 209, Kingston, 47 mean to you ?

if BD had batted on those sort of pitches... do you really think that they would have made 400??? No

oracle
May 30, 2004, 07:53 PM

I will put my money on "most likely to rain".
An emerging fact is that Lara, as captain, miscalculated the tenacity of the BD batsmen. He will not do that again. That is the saving grace.:)

rafiq
May 30, 2004, 08:27 PM
If Bangladesh is to win, it needs to win here and now. It may not happen on the faster pitch in Jamaica. if only we could have played with 12 men, adding Rana to the mix. An extra pair of hands would have ensured fewer dropped catches, too...

EngWIndian
May 31, 2004, 05:13 PM
After Day 4... Predictions...

still a draw.

reverse_swing
May 31, 2004, 05:50 PM
we need to score another 80/100 runs

Zobair
May 31, 2004, 05:56 PM
Prediction:

Draw: 80% chance
WI win: 15%
Tigers Win: 5%

Our tail is good enough for approx. 60 runs. And if rajin and pilot and hang around for a couple of hours tomorrow morning we should have around a lead of 250-300. Windies simply won't be able to overhaul that target given their current state...and our bowling resources. Rafiq will be pretty difficult to play tomorrow.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by pompous]

Zephaniah
May 31, 2004, 06:40 PM
Prediction:

Draw: 50% chance
WI win: 49%
Tigers Win: 1% (miracle)

We dropped our chance to win! :(

reverse_swing
May 31, 2004, 06:46 PM
If our batsman survive another 30 overs then

Draw: 60%