PDA

View Full Version : Stock of the day

One World
March 1, 2019, 10:33 AM
Provided iDumb's Fiancial News thread being too analytical and more descriptive I felt the urge to create a separate thread for all those Wall Street Whiz, Quants and Investing Gurus who frequent BC, to provide us laymen a daily short dose.

My stock of the day: FLXN (NASDAQ)

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2019, 10:35 AM
Wrong forum may be?

Oil related stocks. Global recession in two years or sooner. 3/1/2019.

One World
March 1, 2019, 10:39 AM
Wrong forum may be?

Oil related stocks. Global recession in two years or sooner. 3/1/2019.

Thanks, need Mods to move it to FC, somehow I messed it up.

One World
March 1, 2019, 03:44 PM
My choice went through a topsy-turvy day altogether, midday it actually went -ve but as the day approaching to close it is well above 3.2% that means if someone invested 100K in the morning could bag 3K profit in the afternoon, go home, pack for vacationing next few days.

iDumb
March 2, 2019, 09:48 AM
very good thread, very good idea but not for this forum. Also you need to give us more than just a ticker symbol. A bit of background and what's about to happen in the company. Why is the stock having such a movement all of a sudden?

your 100K stock purchase can go very wrong to where u may buy intraday high and then start losing money to negative. But you are talking day trading so....

One World
March 2, 2019, 05:11 PM
^I will try, thanks for your comment. But I would like to keep it simple here. As you can grab all info from net using the ticker. Though a brief intro won’t hurt. FLXN is a healthcare stock and it is rated high for chances of tripling or quadrupling in next few years.

One World
March 4, 2019, 09:26 AM
Today I am going to watch MDB.

MDB is the new nosql database on the rise of IoT, Big Data and AI. There is little doubt this company will continue to grow as a backend support for such a large industry.

iDumb
March 4, 2019, 10:06 AM
I am starting to like this thread. Interesting names thrown out so far. Not bad choices :up:

One World
March 4, 2019, 02:57 PM
A very fluctuating, unstable day. My pick MDB is -ve but I am sure it would bounce back before week ends.

SportingBD
March 4, 2019, 03:04 PM
A very fluctuating, unstable day. My pick MDB is -ve but I am sure it would bounce back before week ends.

I have a question. This Company had a deficit of 286 million in total shareholders equity in 2017, prior to the IPO. Do you think the Management took a easy way out? Shareholders equity is +193 million in 2018. Usually companies have IPO, when they are doing well, and I don't think it's common to see Company IPO with such a large deficit? I maybe wrong though.

Don't know much about this stock. Just had a brief look.
The question that came to my mind is.. can investors trust the management to deliver?

iDumb
March 4, 2019, 03:46 PM
I have a question. This Company had a deficit of 286 million

:) once you start asking tough questions and trying to analyze a company and what its worth (everyone should be doing this prior to buying,shorting, trading or even entertainingt the thought it) - "stock of the day" loses its glamor. It becomes WORK. Hard work and u wanna get paid for it at the end of the day.

thats why i hate reading posts where ppl throw 10 different stock ticker.. often times they don't even know what some of the companies do.

I rather talk about 1 stock for a week.. dissect it in and out.. and then after all that .. decide if it's worth going for it.

Anyways, this year , i will be trying to time some LYFT stock purchase when they go IPO soon.. can't wait. UBER despite all that hope never ipoed for me in time.. it's too mature now.

I am still having hard time understanding the price movements of one world's stock and that's where I get flustered. Companies shouldn't move 7% either way without a reason. But it's a good growth sector they are in.. apparently growing each quarter over quarter and probably maybe at some point be a buy out candidate. It would take me at least a week of intense research to fully understand a company. Too time consuming that's why i don't like new companies than those i am already familiar with - where u find opportunieties very frquently anyway.

SportingBD
March 4, 2019, 03:55 PM
Yeah. That's one of the reason, I don't comment on stocks here. Coming from work, analysing 10-15 stocks every day for clients is boring enough. The positive side is, you pick up some skills. For example, I can briefly look at a company, and know, if it's a good company or not, you get a snapshot of the Company. You know what questions to ask, or what to look for. Of course, I agree, you need to analyse more in depth. But with experience of analysing stocks like 4 years now, you just know.

One World
March 4, 2019, 06:25 PM
Well MDB lost its galor after Amazon started to compete with DocumentDB and Lyft became full client of that new venture. It was a big shock for investors but the way I look at it, MDB still has the potential to pull off that 400 million deficit and go beyond because of the open-source nature of it. But, experts suggest for that it has to do something similar like what Red Hat did going under IBM.

I did not expect much analysis in this thread and I am not a big expert on this thing, may be some comments/tips in case you are familiar with the ticker, but thanks to both of you for taking your time and contributing your opinions.

Also if any member reading, please be vigilant. This thread is not for a direct investment suggestion nor it will be. My idea is to get familiar with the ticker and monitor the pattern for potential. So unless you won a lottery or possess excessive ancestral fortune, or if you are new to investing, do not make any decisions based on these posts, use your own judgment.

One World
March 5, 2019, 01:23 PM
Sometimes if you are into IT you may become intuitive about certain technology stocks which may not look so promising in the beginning.

As I expected, we are on latter part of the day, already MDB bounced back well enough.

One World
March 6, 2019, 12:25 PM
Monitoring BABA (NYSE)

On a bad day like this, this Chinese equivalent of GOOG is still going very strong, actually I have not seen it go -ve for last 4-5 weeks when I started monitoring market after a long break.

aklemalp
March 6, 2019, 12:48 PM
A few hours ago I saw an ad on TV showing Vodka stocks at $10/stock share.

Thought I'd share it here.

One World
March 6, 2019, 01:24 PM
A few hours ago I saw an ad on TV showing Vodka stocks at $10/stock share.

Thought I'd share it here.

:D

Not sure about companies those produce alcoholic beverage, never researched those. Long back I looked PepsiCo but don’t know how it is doing these days. If anybody looking to make quick money there are certain marijuana stocks from Canadian market, which is talk of the W nowadays.

One World
March 7, 2019, 02:24 PM
CGC [NYSE] $45.03

Is this the next big thing? Canopy Growth Corporation, formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc., is a cannabis company based in Smiths Falls, Ontario, founded by Bruce Linton and Chuck Rifici in 2013, and renamed Canopy Growth Corporation in 2015.

aklemalp
March 7, 2019, 09:51 PM
:D

Not sure about companies those produce alcoholic beverage, never researched those. Long back I looked PepsiCo but don’t know how it is doing these days. If anybody looking to make quick money there are certain marijuana stocks from Canadian market, which is talk of the W nowadays.

At first I thought it was some kinda joke. But then looked up and actually see a phone number and all.

It sounded phony with cheesy music lol.

The weed stock has potential to grow.

One World
March 8, 2019, 10:00 AM
You know it is not an ideal day for trade, as on your way to work you find AAPL plummeting. So, I would take the safer route for today.

AQN (NYSE)

As Tiger's Eye suggested this Oil Refinery Company is considered one of the best to invest nowadays.

iDumb
March 8, 2019, 11:32 AM
What u talking about man? Aapl is not plummetting.

One World
March 8, 2019, 12:02 PM
What u talking about man? Aapl is not plummetting.

It reverted back, but it was downhill since yesterday afternoon and earlier part of the day.

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 12:11 AM
Boeng (BA) should take a hit tomorrow. This is the second 737max crash their new plane that's been ordered by various airlines. During the indonesia crash i remember they had ordered so many - but post crash BA released statement saying the plane is ok.

Now the ethiopian plane crash. Can not be coincidence. It's a problem with the make. China orders to stop using boeng 737 max. Guess all the 737 orders will be cancelled. the rest should be grounded.

I dont know man, if I owned the stock, i would dump it at open after all this run. One of my biggest regret was never to own this despite being a big fan of this company forever. But I would not want to hold it now personally.. it's a matter of time those orders are cancelled. I would if i was in charge of purchase until shi* is more clear.

Also there is a question of image. Ppl will avoid airlines/routes that is flying that plane model. And if the planes are not grounded and God forbid another plane goes down - there is gonna be massive lawsuits... ppl after airlines - and airlines against Boeng.

And BA will likely drag down the whole market as well.

Sad for all the human losses ..likely from some sort of human error.

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 12:32 AM
"737 max represents 2/3rd of Boeings future deliveries and an estimated 40% of its profits".

trying to guess how much the stock should be crashing by.

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 12:50 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/3aacd1ac688eec67c446af0cb751be70.png

Thats as of sept 30,2018.

Out of some 5100+ orders, 350 delivered, 2 crashed. Thats 2 crashes in span of 5 months out of only 350 delivered plane.. Who knows how many hours of fligth the delvered planes actually took. All those orders should get cancelled.

DUMP THIS STOCK IF YOU HAVE IT.

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 01:31 AM
<iframe width=560 height=349 src=https://player.cnbc.com/p/gZWlPC/cnbc_global?playertype=synd&byGuid=7000062221 frameborder=0 scrolling=no allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen ></iframe>

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 07:05 AM
"737 max represents 2/3rd of Boeings future deliveries and an estimated 40% of its profits".

trying to guess how much the stock should be crashing by.

Down 10% so far in pre market BA. I don't think that's enough.

One World
March 11, 2019, 01:54 PM
^That is why I am focusing on Penny Stocks. Will return with something interesting soon.

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 03:27 PM
^That is why I am focusing on Penny Stocks.

I don't follow .. what does penny stocks have to do with Boeings movement today ? Frankly I think due to an upmarket ..with apple upgrade and all ..BA got lucky .. easily should have been a 15 percent drop with an overall down day.

If u are talking about penny stocks because u thought I meant to say not enough volatility ...then no that's not what I meant .

U are venturing into a dangerous game with penny stocks and likely will come out a loser .

Anyways I like a lot of details on a company .. this thread isn't for me

iDumb
March 11, 2019, 05:35 PM
Can't embed some of these videos but some "expert analyst" on TV touting boeing as a buying opportunity here despite the crashed airplane being their economic driver. they are already in 20 years of backlog of orders. they don't feel any orders will be cancelled. and BA will come out wiht a "patch" quickly.

another point is Airbus hasn't rallied suggesting they wont be taking away orders from Boeing. So in this space there aren't really much option besides these two companies. I am sure China will find a airline company space here over next two decades...

they are all good points but the share in my opinion should have been punished way more than this. It started with went up to some 13% negative pre market but up day erased all that.

i was hoping further punihsmnet and eventually i would have been a buyer at some point but this action reversal is way too quick. Keep an eye on how the investigation pans out.

iDumb
March 12, 2019, 10:28 AM
tuedsay:
Britain, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Oman joined China and Indonesia in suspending all use of the plane

Ppl trading sometimes are so dumb. They don't see the obvious. I coudln't believe BA had recovered yesterday to only negative -5.5%. Today finally down another 6%.

Do they thought everyone is gonna sit still and take their words and not take any actions? Boeing says they been working on a software upgrade that will "make already safe plane even safer". Are they f%T*^% delusional? the plane already has 2 fatal crashes in less than a year. How the F is that a safe plane.... lip service. Ridiculous talk. More than 300 ppl are dead you stupid f&%&

If I can figure out before purcashing a ticket which plane it will be, i wouldn't fly in 737 max even if the ticket was free.
they are releasing a f**%&^ software patch.... wtf is that? How does a brand new plane go down twice because of software programming... then why have pilots on board at all? Obviously it's a dumb written program. Makes me so mad...

Short this POS to oblivion.

One World
March 22, 2019, 02:57 PM
^Sometimes I read your post and get really confused, is this self-talk? Did anybody here tell you that they invested on BA? Just not sure why your post has to be caustic and attacking.

Anyway an ideal portfolio should be looking like this,

https://s20038.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/warrenimg1.jpg.webp

This is the portfolio of world's largest brokerage at the start of 2019.

Also I just want to say penny stock investing needs some risk taking ability and you need to remain circumspect about market all the time. You can attain big gains if you apply your acumen properly. Check MDB price today while in such a bearish market. What do you see?

Analysis is good but too much analysis can cause paralysis. Some expert suggests,
Not only is there zero correlation between complexity and
profitability, but in most cases, the simpler the strategy, the better it will
perform in real market environment.

Happy investing.

iDumb
March 23, 2019, 08:02 AM
^Sometimes I read your post and get really confused, is this self-talk? Did anybody here tell you that they invested on BA? Just not sure why your post has to be caustic and attacking.

It's possible you get confused because you don't understand what I am writing. The above post was not about you or about anyone else. It was about general trading of a company in limelight. This is a stock of the day thread so BA was a fitting stock after the second 737 max crash. It is suprising that ppl aren't more angry or pissed about this second accident. This has multiple lawsuits written all over it. There is now FBI criminal investigation that opened up against BA.

Sometimes from an event one has to see what is to come. Thats what my earlier posts was about and it's playing out. Boeing's stock should have gone much more negative that monday after the crash. Traders were shrugging off this big deal. So i was talking generally of traders.

Everyone is focused on Boengs monopoly in airplane sector and their massive backlog of orders but sometimes a company in my opinion should be punished by investors as well for its mishandling of things.

Indonesia is first to cancel their 6 billion dollars order of 737 max but they will still need planes and they will be ordering a different model plane from well Boeing. Everyone understands this and hence the stock unfortunately has not been punished as much as it should be..... major events like this, i can foresee a company can lose 30 to 40% of their value easily. it think boeng lost so far 12 to 15% maybe.

No one needs to tell me they invested in BA. people hopefully are looking to see if they can somehow make money out of this. Either via selling (short selling) or waiting to get in as eventually this will pass and boeing will cont to make planes for world wide airlines.

iDumb
March 23, 2019, 08:06 AM
But I hope the criminal investigation is thorough. Second crash seems so negligent. And it was very hard to accept US/FAA kept insisting plane is ok to fly instead of grounding it.

One World
March 24, 2019, 10:46 AM
All technology stocks take a hit as China deal did not go well.

And real estate stocks did good for the day. Experts recommend to pile on WELL(NYSE).

One World
April 1, 2019, 07:07 PM
I feel a big crunch is going to make it a bit stormy for first quarter of April before it
settles down to a steady dip.

Here is a table for the day,

https://www.kiplinger.com/kipimages/pages/prospects.png

iDumb
April 1, 2019, 07:52 PM
^I really hope that's an april fool day joke. If not, please stay out of the market for your own health. lol

One World
April 1, 2019, 09:51 PM
I actually made some money out of PANW and NVIDIA, but lost few from IRBT.

iDumb
April 2, 2019, 05:51 AM
I actually made some money out of PANW and NVIDIA, but lost few from IRBT.

that wasn't the point. NVIDIA is a good stock (specially recently after the beating). But your chart is very very outdated. It certainly is not a 20 dollars stock.

If it's not some sort of aprils fool day joke, I don't follow. Lifelock is not even a companyy on it own anymore but part of symantec.

One World
April 2, 2019, 08:36 PM
^Is that an old chart, ok? Ignore the numbers or use the tickers to get price from google. But, those stocks are growing and will continue.

iDumb
April 2, 2019, 10:04 PM
^Is that an old chart, ok? Ignore the numbers or use the tickers to get price from google. But, those stocks are growing and will continue.

So it wasn't an April fool's joke? U are posting a 3 years old chart ... I am not trying to be offensive or anything but trying to figure out how u are thinking and whether or not the thoughts have any merit.

I think this is a time waste. U can choose a stock and get lucky .. doesn't mean u actually understand the forces behind it . Again it may come out offensive to you but I am trying my best to be straightforward. This is poor due diligence at best.

One World
April 3, 2019, 09:01 AM
As I said, not going to analyse much for you here. If you are interested you can do your own research, at this age internet is at your finger tips.

If I am personally interested about a stock I dig it well, but not with a technical logical mindset. That is problem with students from stem background, we tend to dissect everything as a scientist. But, when you are in the market, you become a businessman. What you need is the mindset of a financial analyst, at times act against your will to justify everything. Kindness or intuition has no value here.

SportingBD
April 3, 2019, 10:41 AM

You didn’t know or realise that it was an old chart?
When in the chart it said 2015 and 2016?

iDumb
April 3, 2019, 12:41 PM
If I am personally interested about a stock I dig it well .

What you have shown so far I highly doubt that is true. So u are just throwing in random symbols and uttering random nonsense .

I mean seriously ??

it looks like I am picking on you but I really am not just that I am so lost LOL.

Technicallg u are providing false info .

aklemalp
April 3, 2019, 01:03 PM
It's an April Fool's joke after all?

One World
April 3, 2019, 02:09 PM
It's an April Fool's joke after all?

No, PANW, NVDA, IRBT all have great potential. My focus was on those cause I recently traded them.

Don't fall into iD** dumb assumptions and tendency to write everyone out, we already know his behavioral limitations.

aklemalp
April 3, 2019, 06:09 PM
Idumb, please chime in...

Sharonblani
April 23, 2019, 11:30 PM
Today its the word, sack

Sack it is. O

One less than intriguing day of cricket has contributed to this word being used, overwhelmingly.

___
XEvil 4.0 (http://xevil.net/): best CAPTCHA's solver, included ReCaptcha-2!

roman
April 24, 2019, 09:53 AM
I feel a big crunch is going to make it a bit stormy for first quarter of April before it
settles down to a steady dip.

Here is a table for the day,

https://www.kiplinger.com/kipimages/pages/prospects.png

Brother do you have a chart that is current? Would love to see some potential stocks of present day

One World
April 24, 2019, 07:24 PM
Someone mentioned WM in other thread. It is a highly recommended for gradual growth by many analysts.

One stock I am focusing on is EXPD. The analysis gives me a good vibe.

roman
April 25, 2019, 08:51 AM
Someone mentioned WM in other thread. It is a highly recommended for gradual growth by many analysts.

One stock I am focusing on is EXPD. The analysis gives me a good vibe.

One World
April 29, 2019, 10:44 AM
With positive feedback still EXPD could not gain at an expected speed and underperforming so far. But, it has a potential.

Since that phone call tweet the petroleum stocks tumbled although the information seemed to be fake later in last week. Market is promising for energy stocks, finally Tiger's Eye prediction coming in effect :D

Here is the stock of the day

VNOM

Also to consider

FANG

You can read about both here,

https://investorplace.com/2019/04/energy-stocks-to-buy-now-even-with-oil-prices-up/?cp=IPIE&ct=20190427&cc=eletter&auth=nonbuyer