PDA

View Full Version : BANGLA WAY OF DOING THINGS????

TheHorseMan
June 1, 2004, 07:27 PM
Now i am totally lost

I start a congratulatory thread and the next thing i know it is locked arbitarily

What exactly is the bangla way of doing things?

I am westindian and I am using the opportunity of the series to meet some bangas.............the windies will tour banga and i will be in that touring party

If this MB is any indication of the hospitality (or lack thereof) to be expected then i will surely prepare myself and my companions to be amongst ourselves for the entire tour

Chinaman et al...............you all need to be more courteous to people outside of bangla who dont understand ur customs and ways

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 07:29 PM
If you are being sincere: Don't whine and you'll be fine.

If you are just looking to stir up $hit: Your a$$ will be banned.

Zunaid
June 1, 2004, 07:31 PM
As moderator:

I closed the thread because it was going no where.

As I said lets start fresh.

As myself:
-----------

Thanks for your congratulatory note! We welcome you here and hope you will make some new friends. Tell us your thoughts about the game - and ask away.. You'll find we are as fun loving and emotional people as the West Indians :)

Zunaid
June 1, 2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Arnab

Now, now Arnab - innocent before proven guilty. Lets welcome our new friend.

Mahmood
June 1, 2004, 07:32 PM
Horse Man, chill out. The IP thing was a bug on the forum. It just acted weird and show both with same IP, now its working fine.

As long as your tone is friendly, and not offending Bangladesh, you should feel very welcomed here.

As for this specific post....

No message board will tolarate a member bashing a moderator. This is your first and last warning. If you do post offending a moderator again, you will be removed from this board permanently.

[Administrator]

billah
June 1, 2004, 07:33 PM
HorseMan: What do you think of Gayle's MOM?

fab
June 1, 2004, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the board Horseman! :)

capslock
June 1, 2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by billah

I think Gayle's MOM is a definite [].

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by chinaman]

billah
June 1, 2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by capslock

:P:P:P

chinaman
June 1, 2004, 07:40 PM
Dear TheHorseMan

Please check your u2u. Thank you.

TheHorseMan
June 1, 2004, 07:50 PM
Chinaman

Thanks for the message
You are most gracious

Arnab (or whatever ur name is)

Watch ur language and keep a lid on that filthy mouth of yours...dont get me started........you know not the extent of verbal pain and abuse that i can inflict on ur ignorant hide

In the meantime..............i have assured the moderators that i come in peace

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 07:54 PM
Like I said, I have no problem with you dude. Don't whine, don't stir things up, follow the guidelines (there's a sticky thread), you' ll be fine and find a lot of friends here, including me.

Mujibur
June 1, 2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Arnab

Is there any need for such profane language ?

Horseman had a legitimate complaint. Chinaman accused he and Mujibur of having the same IP.

Horseman complained legitimately that his character was being impugned because he and Mujibur were different people and were not using the same IP.

The issue has now been cleared up. There was a bug in the system.

Peace has now been restored.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Mujibur]

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 07:59 PM
Mujibur, out of curiosity: why did you refer to yourself by your own name instead of writing "me"/"myself"?

Hmmm.

Horseman had a legitimate complaint. Chinaman accused he and Mujibur of having the same IP.

Horseman complained legitimately that his character was being impugned because he and Mujibur were different people and were not using the same IP.

billah
June 1, 2004, 08:01 PM
I'm curious too, Mujibur. How come you and HorseMan are not online at the same time? One goes, the other one comes.:-/

Nasif
June 1, 2004, 08:04 PM
Lets drop this issue please. They are coming from two different domain. We have verified it.

TheHorseMan
June 1, 2004, 08:05 PM
Arnab

based on ur last post, it is quite clear that you are the one who is trying to stir up the ants nest.
I suggest that you find other ways to amuse your adolescent mind instead of wasting valuable pixels with your drivel.

Moderators..............please lock this thread.......it is no longer serving a purpose than to propogate the twisted agenda of Arnab

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 08:06 PM
What I found funnier was that Horseman, apparently a west indian, found MY language filthy and was hurt. Haha! Nice stunt.

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 08:08 PM
He has a pretty nice command on English too. I am impressed. :)

Mujibur
June 1, 2004, 08:11 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Arnab
Mujibur, out of curiosity: why did you refer to yourself by your own name instead of writing "me"/"myself"?

Hmmm.

--------------------------------------------

Arnab:

Men of tremendous self confidence and inimitable self esteem have no compunction about referring to themselves in the third person.

By the way Arnab, can you point me to a single meaningful cricket post you have made on this board, or are you too caught up with the responsibilities of being moderator and calling attention to yourself that you dont have sufficient time to contribute to this board in a proper manner ?

reverse_swing
June 1, 2004, 08:11 PM
In my case I'm sharing a house with 3 other PhD students. One of us use different ISP. Now if I want then I can go to my lithuanian flat mates room & log in from her PC. In this way I can easily use two IP addresses at the same time if I want by using different log in names.:)

But I guess Mujibor & Horseman did not do that.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by reverse_swing]

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Mujibur
Arnab:

Men of tremendous self confidence and inimitable self esteem have no compunction about referring to themselves in the third person.

By the way Arnab, can you point me to a single meaningful cricket post you have made on this board, or are you too caught up with the responsibilities of being moderator and calling attention to yourself that you dont have sufficient time to contribute to this board in a proper manner ?

You are way too funny man. Why are you doing this? Bored? The next test match is right around the corner. Just wait a few more days.

Mujibur
June 1, 2004, 08:19 PM
You are way too funny man. Why are you doing this? Bored? The next test match is right around the corner. Just wait a few more days.
-------------------------

Arnab:

No hard feelings bro!

Let's have some fun---the next test begins next week.

By the way, I am dead serious---I am not the same person as Horseman---ask your tech folks to confirm our IP's

reinausagi
June 1, 2004, 08:20 PM

Brother capslock, what does that mean? What is []. Is it another award?

TheHorseMan
June 1, 2004, 08:23 PM
Arnab is a moderator??

Lord Save Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billah
June 1, 2004, 08:23 PM
Arnab: Why are both Mujibur & Horsman accusing you of similar things in similar tones? It is as if.. as if.

tnb
June 1, 2004, 08:37 PM
For some reason Mujibur reminds me of ex CC poster Sparky :)

TheHorseMan
June 1, 2004, 08:42 PM
Billah
are u always this paranoid and suspicious?

geeessssshhhhhhhhhhhh

let it go man

the next thing u will be saying is that u 'see dead people' hahahahahahahahaha

Mujibur
June 1, 2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by tnb
For some reason Mujibur reminds me of ex CC poster Sparky :)

Well he is not. I see Sparky over at Windies Cricket Fever. And he did not say nice things about us Bangladeshi men.:mad:

Zunaid
June 1, 2004, 08:52 PM
Arnab, please chill out and stop stirring things up.

[Zunaid: As Moderator]

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Zunaid]

TheHorseMan
June 1, 2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks Zunaid

you are truly 'the voice of reason'

Arnab
June 1, 2004, 09:02 PM
Haha! Zunaid bhai seems to be on bend-over-backwards mode. Fair enough. I'm out of this. :)

Mujibur
June 1, 2004, 09:04 PM
Zunaid comes across as a man of reason.

Let us focus on cricket on this site---not personalities. And let us stay away from insults and name calling.

Peace. From now on, only cricket posts from Mujibur.

:fanflag:

suds
June 1, 2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Mujibur
Zunaid comes across as a man of reason.

Let us focus on cricket on this site---not personalities. And let us stay away from insults and name calling.

Peace. From now on, only cricket posts from Mujibur.

Priyo Mujibur,

Apnar desh-prem khubi proshongshonio. Ami apnar post khub upobhog korchhi. Amader dole apnar priyo khelowar ke bolben ki?

capslock
June 1, 2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by reinausagi

Brother capslock, what does that mean? What is []. Is it another award?

The word was edited, apprently the powers that be were aware of what the abbreviations stood for. Ask Billah.

Mujibur
June 1, 2004, 10:14 PM
Suds:

How are you my brother ?

If you want to know my favorite player in the Bangladeshi team you would have to visit one of the threads I started.

You'll see that I am clearly impressed with Habibul----wonderful young man.

Check the link:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=5737

BushidoTiger
June 2, 2004, 01:16 AM

I had a couple of West Indian friends during the undergrad days and had opportunities to visit their homes on diff. occassions.

Like most Bengali, Hispanic and Mediterranean moms, I found West Indian moms as being very kind, resolute and overbearing when it comes to feeding you.

I can safely assume that HorseMan doesn not know Gayle's mom to make a comment in response to Billah's question. Then again I could be wrong.
Most island people seem to be related to each other in less than standard six degrees of separation.

From my experience of dining at WIndian houses, I'm sure Gayle's mom makes wonderful fried Plantains (Platanos of Cubans), a delicacy unique to the Carib, along with other great food to keep her lad healthy.

:duh:

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by BushidoTiger]

Nasif
June 2, 2004, 01:19 AM
Bushido bhai, he was talking about Gayle's MOM, meaning Man of the Match ;)

Ahmed_B
June 2, 2004, 01:21 AM
that was a great joke!!!! ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

or u actually thinking that MOM is 'mother'(and not man-of-the-match!!)

BushidoTiger
June 2, 2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
that was a great joke!!!! ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm glad that somebody found it hilarious..I couldn't resist. Billah's posting was asking for it. The way he phrased the question.

or u actually thinking that MOM is 'mother'(and not man-of-the-match!!)

- Naw, ever since I left my AA days behind, I get most of the cricket lingo (not all of them).

Ahmed_B
June 2, 2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by BushidoTiger
I'm glad that somebody found it hilarious..I couldn't resist. Billah's posting was asking for it. The way he phrased the question.

COOL!! :D

by the way... wht's 'AA' ??

Arnab
June 2, 2004, 03:19 AM
Alcoholics Anonymous

Twelve Steppers

Orpheus
June 2, 2004, 08:26 AM
whoever came up with this is a genius.

BushidoTiger
June 2, 2004, 09:42 AM
[Edited on 6/2/2004 by BushidoTiger]