PDA

View Full Version : Attention Mujibur

chinaman
June 2, 2004, 10:13 PM
Dear Mujibur

Please enlighten us, if you don't mind, as to why you were (are?) promoting that board? I wouldn't have ask you this but you claimed many a times and in many ways to be a Bangladesh cricket fan yet you prefer to draw our attention to that site. This kind of puzzling to me. Care for an explanation? Of course, you have the option wheather to answer it or not. Many thanks.

Mujibur
June 2, 2004, 11:08 PM
Chinaman:

There are only a few cricket message boards on the Internet, and I am sure you are aware of all of them.

I am also certain you have visited most of these mb's. If you have not, then you are doing yourself a great disservice.

It is, after all, a good idea to know what the competition is doing or thinking.

Most cricket fans on the internet criss cross among the different cricket message boards.

Windies Cricket Fever is a new message board. See Link:

LINK (http://windiescricketfever.mywowbb.com/forum1/)

It is actually a spin off from Caribbeancricket.com mb---a lot of the folks over at CC were discouraged by the stifling atmosphere at CC and so a new board (WCF) was started by some enlightened posters.

To be quite frank, when I initially posted here, it was my intention to get you folks to visit WCF---it is wondeful board and they have some lively cricket discussions going on there.

Now, if you are offended by my posting that link to WCF---it means that you are afraid of competition.

No company or no group or no organization or no messageboard, for that matter, that is afraif of competition will ever grow and prosper.

Are you afraid of competition Chinaman ?:lol:

By the way, I am posting from New York---where are you posting from ?

chinaman
June 2, 2004, 11:28 PM
To be honest and frank, I must praise you to be consistent in smarting your way to promote that site. So far you have taken every opportunity to post about that site and it's link. And you know what, I personally do not think you are a true Bangladesh cricket fan and I have pretty good idea about your intentions. But that doesn't mean you can not enjoy our wonderful hospitality here. Feel absolutely free enjoy our company and post away your opinion within our guidelines.

Oh, one last thing, please do not mention about that site or post it's link anymore in your post. Thank you very much for your response. Please do not reply to this post. You may however u2u me if you need to. Cheers.

Arnab
June 2, 2004, 11:42 PM
Spot on *** bhai. Mujibur is a heck of a slippery []. I personally would have banned his devious a__ a long time ago. :)

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Zunaid : moderation]

[Edited on 6-26-2004 by chinaman]

reinausagi
June 3, 2004, 12:28 AM
No company or no group or no organization or no messageboard, for that matter, that is afraif of competition will ever grow and prosper.

We're talking apples and oranges here. Applying a business model to this website is a futile excercise. We are not peddling anything here. People interested in BD cricket congregate here to exchange ideas. I could not care less if the board was 'competitive' in any manner, shape or form; with ANY other message board. Being 'competitive' is a job for our 'Tigers'.

Orpheus
June 3, 2004, 12:42 AM
true true....reina

Mujibur YOU ROCK!!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Orpheus]

billah
June 3, 2004, 04:02 AM
I'm sorry Mujibur, I never trusted you as a Bangladesh cricket fan. I truly believe you and the horse cooked up a scheme here. For one, your amateurish nic is a giveaway for me. You and horse speak alike also, different domaine or not.

Mujibur
June 3, 2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by billah
For one, your amateurish nic is a giveaway.

REMEMBER MUJIBUR AND SIRAJUL ?

For those of you who reside in the United States or Canada and have looked at the late night David Letterman show----Mujibur and Sirajul were two delightful Bangladeshi men who worked in a store next to where Letterman taped his show in New York.

They made frequent appearances on Letterman's show---and were quite funny.

It seems as if you folks lack a sense of humor!!!!

That is quite unfortunate---a life without love or a life that is devoid of a sense of humor is a bankrupt one.

By the way, this thread was started by one of the super moderators---as a matter of courtesy I responded.

I am curious to see how soon it is before this thread gets deleted.

One last point, regardless of whether Mujibur was a genuine or bogus Bangladeshi fan---he contributed to the cricket discussions here.

:fanflag:

Mahmood
June 3, 2004, 08:38 AM
Mujibor, I find your reply very irritating. Just because we dont allow users to promote other site does not mean we are scared of competition. My 9 yr old is smarter than that.

You have to look outside the box, not everyone feels just like you do. Some people may want to get a revenue advertisement if someone wants to promote a site. Or some people may not allow promoting a site this way as that would encourage all others and the quality of the board might go down with lots of advertisement posts.

I strongly suggest you post carefully now on. If I feel offended or irritated by your post again, I will simply remove you from this board permanently.

Do not come to this board to advertise your site. Come here to talk cricket with fellow Bangladeshis.

crazyisland
June 3, 2004, 09:07 AM
Mujibor,
Thanks for that WCF or for all the other links you are trying to promote. I personally have not bothered to visit those sites yet simply because I am not interested in WI discussion board. I am very much interested in WI Cricket though. In fact WI is my most favorite team after BD off course.

Anyway I don't think you will have much success promoting WI sites here. You should try other WI social sites.

Arnab
June 3, 2004, 09:34 AM
Guy with "Mujibur" handle: Are you a Bangladeshi? Or from the subcontinent? Or a West Indian? If you are a Bangladeshi, why are you promoting a Windies board here instead of assimilating with your fellow countrymen?

I seriously doubt you are a Bangladeshi.
If you indeed are, putting the flag icon at the end of every post doesn't make you patriotic nor does it excuse your shady attitude.

Mujibur
June 3, 2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
Mujibor, I find your reply very irritating.

Do not come to this board to advertise your site. Come here to talk cricket with fellow Bangladeshis.

Mr. Rajputro:

Who started this thread ? It wasn't Mujibur. It was one of the moderators. All I did was respond.

And why are you so easily irritated ? Only men with low self confidence and low self esteem are easily offended and irritated.

Henry Thoreau was right. "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation."

I guess it gives you a feeling of superiority to threaten Mujibur with being banned.

Look, it's your site and it's your pregorative to ban the Mujibur handle.

I have discussed mainly cricket since coming here---you Raj are just not accustomed to being challenged.

You must be a frustrated man in Montreal.

Once again, I did not start this thread. I was just responding to Chinaman.

Raj, you have seen my cricket threads---the last one was this one:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=5865

I didn't see you showing up there!!!

Wasn't that a cricket thread ?

What you are doing here is trying to pull rank---the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Dont try arguing with me or I'll shame you.

Go ahead and ban the handle. You are a coward if you do.

I came here to discuss cricket and I have.

:fanflag:

Nasif
June 3, 2004, 10:08 AM
Mujibur:
<b>This is final warning for you.</b>
If you post anymore personal attck or insults you will be here no more.

Many members in this forum have been here together for more than 2 years now. Your entry has not even been 2 weeks and you start all these clamor.

Please read through the posting guidelines. Personal attacks, insults will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Further violations from you will ban you from this site permanently. We do not want to rot the community with one bad apple. So, please be civil and discuss your thoughts. Otherwise leave us.

And no, we do not want your lecture on Henry Thoreau and his philosophy. All members here are well educated and can see through your shallow ego.

This thread will be closed and do not start another thread protesting this. Drop this issue here. And we will happily move on.

Nasif
Moderator.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by nasif]