PDA

View Full Version : Was the 2-2 draw between Sweden & Denmark fixed?

Shehwar
June 23, 2004, 01:29 AM
As u all know that a 2-2 draw between the two Scandinavian nations would have enabled both the teams to reach the quarterfinals of Euro2004 regardless of what Italy did in the other match against Bulgaria and thatís exactly what happened!!! The Italians commented even before the match that this might happen..So what do u ppl think..?...Was the match fixed..?...

cricketfan
June 23, 2004, 03:16 AM
It did not appear so.The match appeared to be played in the right spirit.Italy could have qualified by winning by a 3 goal margin or better in their match. If they depended on the outcome of Denmark vs Sweden match to advance then they did not deserve to reach the next round.

Today another 3 times world champion Germany will face elimination if they lose to Czeck Republic. Like Italy, Germany too have failed to win any match so far in this tournament.

Muntazar
June 23, 2004, 04:35 AM
I think it was fixed. No doubt about that.

AsifTheManRahman
June 23, 2004, 09:58 AM
I had predicted a 2-2 draw, and believe that it was fixed. However, if they wanna do this a couple of more times in the future, they should talk to Abahani and Mohammedan players, because watching them play, I got the impression that they are not very good at this stuff. Aare Sweden to match pataite giye arektu hoile dhorai khaisilo...herei jaite dhorsilo...:lol:

200SX
June 23, 2004, 02:43 PM
i think it cant b fixed, coz i saw the match n it wasnt seems like fixed..........