PDA

View Full Version : BD Women's wrestling comp called off

fab
July 4, 2004, 05:39 PM
" "There is a misunderstanding. They might have thought that it would be a tournament like WWF [World Wrestling Federation], but we can assure them there will be nothing like that because we are fully aware of our religious sentiments," the federation's director, Tabiur Rahman, was quoted as saying by the Daily Star newspaper. "

Read the rest here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3864783.stm)

hehehe

Zephaniah
July 4, 2004, 07:03 PM
I've nothing against women's wrestling, infact i might enjoy watching it *wink*, but what exactly is the point to stir up such fuss for a sport that has little or no chance to bring noticeable glory to the country? Sports administrators should rather take women cricket or football seriously.

TigerFan
July 4, 2004, 07:31 PM
I really dislike wrestling. I don't know why people waste time or spend money to watch this sport where people hurt each other. And I am also against it, because women will not able keep themselves in parda if they participate this type of sports. Women are respectable, so they should participate in good sport like cricket, horse riding, or sports where they will able to keep themselves in complete porda

sageX
July 10, 2004, 09:40 PM
Bangladesh is the only muslim country where prostitutaion is legal. Figure this one out. :-/

If woman can rule you, when can't they wrestle?