PDA

View Full Version : Rokon batting at number 6 in WC 2003

fwullah
December 4, 2002, 09:20 AM
How many of you will agree to Rokon batting at no. 6 during World Cup 2003?

fwullah
December 4, 2002, 09:25 AM
This idea came into my mind watching Hashan Tillekaratne playing for Sri Lanka.

Rokon is not Hashan, but he is really out of form in the one day matches.

And yet, if we let him open in the one dayers, he might disappoint again.

And if we let players like Ehsanul or Anwar to open, and not include Rokon in the side at all, then we have a least experienced side on our hands.

Also, Rokon has a better test average, (not considering the WI vs BD test series yet) along with the fact that "Class is permanent and form is temporary".

Tehsin
December 5, 2002, 04:56 PM
:)

Tehsin
December 6, 2002, 05:35 AM
Rokon batting at number 6 - 4 (40%)
Rokon opening - 1 (10%)
Rokon batting at number 3 - 2 (20%)
Does not play in the world cup at all - 3 (30%)

Shubho
December 6, 2002, 06:07 AM
The competition for places in the Bangladesh side has not motivated Rokon to keep on top of the game. In my opinion, he isn't on his toes enough. I think he was beginning to feel that his place was cemented. Fat chance! I spit in the face of experience as well. Experience is just going to cover up our cricketing incompetence by boosting our score from 100 all out to 150 all out. What's the point? Just give all the youngsters a chance, and forget the oldies. They don't add much value to a team like ours. If, on the other hand, we had Aravinda Da Silva playing for Bangladesh, then I can understand the 'experience' line of argumentation. But when we're talking about people like Akram, Bulbul, Rokon and Minhazul, I think it is quite inappropriate.