PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's Game

James90
July 17, 2004, 07:33 AM
Who will Bangladesh be playing on Wednesday?

Imtiaz
July 17, 2004, 07:42 AM
Bangladesh needs a left-right combination in the top order. Also needed is a combination of cautious strokeplay and attacking flair in the first 15 overs. The bowlers I am reasonably happy with. Therefore, my team for Wednesday:

Javed Omar [ Note ]
Faisal Hossain
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Alok Kapali
Khalid Mashud
Mushfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Rafique
Khalid Mahmud
Tapash Baisya
Razzak

Note: If Omar can not play, then Rana comes in. Ashraful then opens . Alok goes in No. 4, Rana No. 5 [ or switch with Faisal ]. But I would prefer Faisal to go in first. I think he has the confidence to play strokes from the little I have seen.

Good luck !

[Edited on 17-7-2004 by Imtiaz]

James90
July 17, 2004, 07:48 AM
You're dropping the vice-captain?

200SX
July 17, 2004, 07:49 AM
tigers will play wif india in semi.......coz the way both india n srilanka played with UAE, india is looked more confident......so they gona b group champion.........

we shud keep da team unchange except faisal/rana instead of cacha(kMahmood)...may b rana is better option coz spinners did well in last two matches....

kapali proved himself in this match.....so giv him nother chance........

[Edited on 17-7-2004 by 200SX]

[Edited on 17-7-2004 by 200SX]

Imtiaz
July 17, 2004, 07:55 AM
In a team full of captains [some of them of the ex variety ] what value is given to a Vice Captain's opinions given our social norms regarding seniority.

Secondly, this is a 50 over game.

I am a great supporter of Rajin in test matches. In fact, I would select him before Bashar but I do question whether he adds to the team's potential in the one day set-up. I remain to be convinced.