PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful is playing like a goat because of Whatmore!!

arafath79
July 17, 2004, 01:41 PM
Hello all,
I hope u will all agree with me now to see the batting of Ashraful as an [] opener. He is losing his confidents because of Whatmore. I respect Whatmore as an excellent coach. But he is doing too much god damn experiment.
I would like to see Manjarul Islam Rana to open the innings with Javed Omar. Rana is also useful as a spinner.

[Edited on 17-7-2004 by nasif : Moderation]

bangla_amar
July 17, 2004, 03:26 PM
ashraful is totally being wasted as an opener. this constant switching between middle order and opening slot doing him a world of bad.

It is sad to see such a talent going wasted....whatmore come to your senses, dude!

Rubu
July 18, 2004, 12:14 AM
this is really weird. on paper ash should be the best opener, and dev rely on that, but in practice he just sucks. i'd say bring in rana as opener with JO. a left right combination, and both works hard. let Ash play his natural game at number 4.

rockpundit
July 18, 2004, 04:35 AM
If you all look at Ash's batting style and his attitude, he would make a really really good opener. However, he isnt clicking, so I think that he should be pushed wayy down because he can swing the bat around like he did against Zim....

Zobair
July 18, 2004, 04:39 AM
I find him too hyper! He needs to calm down when waiting at the crease, and keep his head steady. He will make a good opener. He just needs to stop chasing the wide deliveries on the front foot. If he wants to play at wide deliveries then he should look to cut off the backfoot. That way he won't be giving catching practice to the slip cordon.

200%Tiger
July 18, 2004, 04:45 AM
Listen....Ashraful's problem stems from a ........well let's just say 'a complicated love life'..........the source is reliable:ninja:

Ahmed_B
July 18, 2004, 06:56 AM
actually lets take a look at the 'whole' problem rather then just part of it!

All of the 'Stroke' batsmen... Ash/Bashar/Kaps r playing the same way..
wothout confidence, technique or responsibility!!
and they r doing that no matter which position they play!!

Ash may not be doing well in the opening place.. but is he doing better in other places anyway?!!

i dont think so!! he is equally unpredictable and inconsistant in all other positions!!

The prob is the lack of solid techniques in our 'Stroke-Batsmen'.. not their positions!!

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by crickethorizon]

PoorFan
July 18, 2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon

Ash may not be doing well in the opening place.. but is he doing better in other places anyway?!!

i dont think so!! he is equally unpredictable and inconsistant in all other positions!!

The prob is the lack of solid techniques in our 'Stroke-Batsmen'.. not their positions!!

100% agree with you.
Lack of commitment and sense too.

Hasib
July 18, 2004, 07:43 AM
I personally feel Ash is more suited to batting at the "death". He proved his agressive play there... not in opening

Basri
July 18, 2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan

100% agree with you.
Lack of commitment and sense too.
Yes.

TAIF
July 18, 2004, 09:06 AM
Ash is a better batsman batting at no. 4/5 and has got the runs to prove it. So Mr Whatmore 'Why fix something which isn't broken???'

Basri
July 18, 2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by TAIF
Ash is a better batsman batting at no. 4/5 and has got the runs to prove it. So Mr Whatmore 'Why fix something which isn't broken???'
We should understand that Whatmore wants success of the BD team which is also success for him. So we need to be patient and see what happens in future. Of course, everybody has right to comment. But, it is better to have constructive comment instead of destructive one.

al Furqaan
July 18, 2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by rockpundit
If you all look at Ash's batting style and his attitude, he would make a really really good opener. However, he isnt clicking, so I think that he should be pushed wayy down because he can swing the bat around like he did against Zim....

i agree 100%....maybe in a few years ash can mature further and be a good opner a la tendulkar

Rubu
July 18, 2004, 12:09 PM

can't agree.

since he came back and started to play in number 4 from zim tour. he did play some decent innings. he was pushed to opening in WI and failed. He is failing in asia cup and did fail in pakistan. in all the places, he opened. if u look at his average in opening vs number 4, u'll know what i'm talking about.

the_wall
July 18, 2004, 01:31 PM
Ash is definitlly a bight prospect for bangladesh not only as a batsman but also as a ONE DAY opener. However I feel that he needs time first to develop as a batsman then transfer him to the opening slot. Thus I thoroghly i agree with arafath.

However if not ash than some one else has to take up the slot. If we have a look than the reason behind sending ash is that he is a strokplayer and probably our best batsman in the potentials catagory.However there is statistically our best batsman is definitlly habibul bashar and thus if u have to send the best then why not bashar who unlike his test career has not lived up to his potential in odi.Ash has not only been unsuccesfull (potentially) in odi but also in test thus he needs to be grooomed properly. Another way of dealing with it is by sending hitter. Bangladesh only get small amount of runs from their opening pairs.These runs come at a slow pace. 15 in 5 or 20 in 8 is usually the case. So why not send a hitter and get those 20 runs in 2 or 3 overs. Middle oreder will still be exposed in either cases.

reyme
July 18, 2004, 01:52 PM
Ash should never tried as an opener in the first place, this guy cant handle pressure, and it too restless, he has a lot of grown up to do. Not only he is incapable of use his so called "talent" in the national team, he sucks big time in the domestic league also.

Its time to stop talking about "talent", "future", and focus on STATS. We will have more players in future, but if we continue to lose like this, there will be no future, test status already at stake.

Lets stop experimenting and focus on results. Put Rana in and push Ash at #6 at the best. Thats where his inconsistency belongs. Rajin needs a vacation also.

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by reyme]

rockpundit
July 18, 2004, 05:16 PM
Ill tell you all what the problem with Ash is. Hes been sent in as an opener a position where the batsmans supposed to see off the new ball. If youve notices, Ash lasts some time and then plays a rash stroke. What happens is he does well by playing out the first few overs very well, he then thinks its time to cash in... thats where the problem begins....

rafik
July 18, 2004, 09:30 PM
If Rana failed you will talk the same thing. Who will open the innins. If Javed failed couple of matches you will also talk taht (hi bay na Javed kay diya)

SO WHO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Basri
July 19, 2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by rafik
If Rana failed you will talk the same thing. Who will open the innins. If Javed failed couple of matches you will also talk taht (hi bay na Javed kay diya)

SO WHO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Exactly. But from this thread, it seems that Ash is not a right player to open. Better move him to 4 or 5, though in ODI opening we need a stroke player like Ash.

rafiq
July 19, 2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 200%Tiger
Listen....Ashraful's problem stems from a ........well let's just say 'a complicated love life'..........the source is reliable:ninja:

Is he in love with a married mother of 3? If so, I empathize. If not, he should watch the new Spiderman movie.

Arnab
July 19, 2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by rafiq

Is he in love with a married mother of 3? If so, I empathize. If not, he should watch the new Spiderman movie.

How good is the movie? Do we get to see Mary Jane's brishtisnato, proshfutito areolae? Any money shots?

rafiq
July 19, 2004, 11:37 PM
hmm... I guess we did come to think of it. But the movie was on par with what you would expect. Maybe a tad too syrupy. Ashraful would enjoy it.:)

Rubu
July 20, 2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by rafiq

mander valo, married mother of 3, not unmarried. so, don't be too dipressed. its not that bad!