PDA

View Full Version : Mushfique's attitude problem

capslock
July 17, 2004, 03:16 PM
Does anyone else want to slap Mushfique whenever they see him with his non-chalant 'I don't care what happens I'll just chew my gum' attitude on the field? The guy doesn't really seem to take anything seriously. He makes half-hearted efforts at fielding but doesn't spare any fielders if they make mistakes on his bowling. He also has a very casual approach to his batting. I suspect that it's bowling that still has him in the squad but if I were the coach I would sit his *** out for a couple of series just to wipe the smirk off his face.

rassel
July 17, 2004, 03:21 PM
"Does anyone else want to slap Mushfique whenever they see him with his non-chalant"

yes please!!!!!!!:lol:

I just want to wipe off his self-indulgent smiley face!
:mad:

[Edited on 17-7-2004 by rassel]

Nasif
July 17, 2004, 03:36 PM
Eternal happy smiley faces:
Mushfiq
Hannan Sarkar

Who else?...

Imtiaz
July 17, 2004, 03:42 PM
Yes ! But he still took the catch in the deep to finally dismiss Yasir. Ash dropped his. If the Pakistanis did not get a new pair of batsmen, 300 was on.

oracle
July 17, 2004, 03:47 PM
Stop having a go at Mushy. His accomplishments have been critical at many a times. But he smiles too much , agreed.

fwullah
July 17, 2004, 03:49 PM
For a youngster, he needs to change his attitude.

Before that, he needs to improve his batting - its his all-round ability that is why he's in the team.

paco
July 17, 2004, 04:54 PM
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with him constant non-chalantness - it's actually quite unnerving for the batsmen when he's bowling, and the bowlers when he's batting ..

TAIF
July 17, 2004, 08:14 PM
I think in the next match Mushfique should be dropped and replaced by Tarek.

rafiq
July 17, 2004, 08:17 PM
It's not his attitude I have a problem with, it is his lack of ability.

James90
July 17, 2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by rafiq

My thoughts exactly

oracle
July 17, 2004, 08:35 PM

Sorry to say gentlemen. But in this matter I disagree. He is not world class but looking at the goods being offered and the "ability" index vis a vis the other BD players, I would say have a second look. Furthermore, if you were in the selectors shoes, he is a reasonable choice. Why?

Because of primarily his bowling which is not certainly under par. And please consider his fielding with respect to the quality you see in the other BD players. He is a real fighter, similar to Rajin, and that is an asset consideriing where the tigers are at the moment. I know we have a lot of new and fresh young talents but Mushy has a valid reason to be in this team. Experience, however scrappy still counts in international cricket.

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by oracle]

rafiq
July 17, 2004, 08:47 PM
Here's the problem. Mushfiq would make an excellent 3rd pacer after Mashrafee and Tapash. But he is not always an effective opening bowler, unless the oppostion is on par with Hong Kong. His one day batting is suspect, I would rather take him on the test team. He cannot move the run rate because he doesn't rotate the strike - a real problem given where he comes in and since 4s are hard to come by at that point in the innings.

Mushfiq on this team by himself would be fine despite these issues. But the combination of Mushfiq and Sujon are killing us. I have been saying this and am now really blue in the face - we can afford one or the other, but not both together. They click 2 times out of 10 games, when we are hoping for at least a good show in 50% of the games.

I know there are no pacer alternatives. And going without 3 pacers is dumb, but what if we went with another spinner allrounder on the sri lankan wickets? Spinners are being introduced in the 11th over anyways.

I guess bangladesh just needs to develop better pacers and/or pace allrounders.

oracle
July 17, 2004, 08:56 PM
I know there are no pacer alternatives.

but what if we went with another spinner allrounder on the sri lankan wickets

Yes rafiq . I agree. I secretly was hoping also for an Enamul debut here. But in the circumstances I will settle for Mushfiq. The problem is compounded by the abence of Mashrafee.

James90
July 17, 2004, 09:00 PM
Bangladesh definately need 2 quality paces and one of Sujon-Mushfiqur. Mushfiqur has never done anything really that great I'm sorry to say and I can't believe that he was a canditate for captain. Ideal team in form

Hannan
Javed
Habib
Alok
Rajin
Ashraful
Mushfiqur/Sujon/Rana
Pilot
Rafique
Tapash
Mashrafe

Bit bowler short...have to make it up with part timers

Zobair
July 17, 2004, 11:08 PM
I don't know...I thought Mushfique's attitude was fine :) There was nothing wrong in grinning...Shoaib Ahktar was grinning all through. Just grinning doesn't mean he was not giving his 100%. I don't think I saw any major misfield from Bangladeshis due to lack of effort.

Basri
July 18, 2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by pompous
I don't know...I thought Mushfique's attitude was fine :) There was nothing wrong in grinning...Shoaib Ahktar was grinning all through. Just grinning doesn't mean he was not giving his 100%. I don't think I saw any major misfield from Bangladeshis due to lack of effort.

You are right.

bangla_amar
July 18, 2004, 01:34 AM
beats me why mushi's smile is a big issue!! I would rather be more concerned about his performance with bat or ball....

Imtiaz
July 18, 2004, 06:03 AM
I agree with Oracle. What's available at the shop window is threadbare. So let us not pick on someone because he smiles. Goodness ! There are at least 7 others whose place is just as shaky.

I also agree with Rafiq. Can't have both Mushfiq and Sujon. Therefore, Rana for Sujon and Faisal for Rajin. What is wrong with 3 left armers if that's all we have got.

So, 30 overs from Tapash, Rafique and Razzak. 20 from Mushfiq, Rana and Alok. In Sri Lankan pitches that would be what the doctor ordered.

TAIF
July 18, 2004, 09:57 AM
Kickout mushfique and kapali and bring in Tarek and Faisal

mahbubH
July 18, 2004, 10:58 AM
Yes .. Mushfiq and Chacha is similar type of player and one is enough for the 11.

I think Mushfiq is better choice and do not think he has any problem with attitude. He is far better batsman than what we are getting from him recently. It will not take that long for him to get out of this bad time. He is still a valuable player for BD to leave out for 11.

Ahmed_B
July 18, 2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TAIF
Kickout mushfique and kapali and bring in Tarek and Faisal

these kind of comments probably come from people who doesnt like the way mushfiq looks:P!

Babu has been a steady performer so far...
he is accurate and dependable even whn Tapash is giving away wides n no balls!!
Babu usually gets the first break through whn he is in opening pair.. most of the times before Tapash.. because of his accuracy!!

Babu is even better than Mahmud with the bat... whts the complain against him anyway??!!

:D I think he will still get complains from the people who doesnt like his face!
:lol:

rafik
July 18, 2004, 09:26 PM
Musfil is a allrounder. He bolwed well but his batting presently is horiball.

Shish Ahmed
July 19, 2004, 05:19 AM
Lets forget about Babu's smiles maybe it keeps him relaxed.

What is he doing at No.6. Why is he there???

In ODI he has not got the shots he should come in lower down maybe 10.

I would keep him for he's bowling as he quite economic.

Yameen
July 19, 2004, 01:29 PM
leave mushfique alone, hes a safe brother, chilled out character who enjoys his cricket. can someone tell hannan that its not halloween?! or is that just his face?

rockpundit
July 20, 2004, 03:48 PM
Lolll people. Let him smile all he wants as long as he keeps the runs flowing and wickets falling (in the right order inshallah)

AsifTheManRahman
July 21, 2004, 01:10 PM
i'm not bothered by his smiley face or his non-chalance. what bothers me is that we are forced to include a no good hag in the team just because we lack quality players.