PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan v Hong Kong

James90
July 18, 2004, 12:26 AM
Pakistan scoring at 5 an over and losing the openers early. Pakistan should win comfortably but Hong Kong aren't doing too badly

Zobair
July 18, 2004, 01:45 AM
Looks to me like Pakistan and Indian star batsmen, their optimistic fans not withstanding, have failed to break the 200 run ODI barrier :P The "minnows" have stood up and fought hard even though popular media were quick to completely write them off.

AsifTheManRahman
July 18, 2004, 04:10 AM
not too bad in the end for the pakis

rockpundit
July 18, 2004, 04:38 AM
Theres no doubt in my mind that pak are gonna kick butt.. Although I do hope that Hong Kong put up a good resistance (so that bds bowling seems better)

Zobair
July 18, 2004, 07:37 AM
Congratulations of Hong Kong for posting their Highest ODI total in this match. 165! is a good fighting effort. More so because their players were offered the light but instead preferred to saty in the middle and soak as much of the ODI experience as they could. They fought real spirit and commitment on the field, and tried their best with the bat.

My message to Hong Kong: Do not be put off by the mockery and snobbery of the elite teams and their cheerleaders (fans and media). Work hard on your game and come out fighting. You will succeed one day. You have already started your journey in this Asia Cup 2004. You have every reason to be proud of your performance. Best of luck for the future!

:bravo:

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by pompous]

Tehsin
July 18, 2004, 11:00 PM
This hong kong team isn't even ranked in the top 15 in world cricket. Not bad for them. They did make a mistake though. They bowled better against BD but batted well against Pakistan. If they had bowled and batted better against BD, they could have made the match interesting. Good thing our bowlers got them out for 105.