PDA

View Full Version : when is Masri coming back

al Furqaan
March 8, 2004, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know when Mashrafee will be back? Will he be back in time for the Windies tour, or Asia Cup or ICC tournament in September?

Imtiaz
July 18, 2004, 07:42 AM
And, when are you going to be fit ? This lot badly needs you.

Does anyone have any news ?

seraphic_devil
July 18, 2004, 08:37 AM
y on earth doesn't he just sit on his own leg n break it again? Whr on earth is he? if he is on earth, that is... I'm so irritated!! Hez been gone for practically a year now!!! WHR IS HE WEN WE NEED HIM?!?!:mad:

TAIF
July 18, 2004, 09:08 AM
With fingers crossed hopefully he will be fit for the ICC Champions trophy in England in September.

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by TAIF]

Imtiaz
July 18, 2004, 09:11 AM
Have you heard from someone ? or, is this really crossing your fingers ?

TAIF
July 18, 2004, 09:45 AM
There ya go ...

Returning to the field: Mashrafee-Sharif-Talha

Sports Reporter: They had caught our attention as soon as they had stepped onto the arena of International cricket. But soon after, all three had to leave the field due to injury within a shot time of each other. Their absence is felt every time the Bangladesh team comes on to play. But good news, after fighting their injuries all three are slated to return to play very soon. Mashrafee bin Murtaza and Mohammad Sharif have recovered and Talha is well on the way to recovery.

As soon as the conversation touches on Mashrafee, Bangladesh team physio John Gloster is filled with hope. “We are extremely pleased the way Mashrafee is improving. However, we cannot say with certainty when he will return to the game. Hopefully, he will be fully recovered by September”, he commented. Mashrafee has the same hope. He tore the ligaments of his right leg in Chittagong on the last day of October 2003. In November, he was operated upon by renowned sports surgeon David Young at Melbourne. During this operation, it became apparent that he needed a second operation on his left leg. He spent 62 days in Australia receiving these treatments. After three months off the field, he returned to it last month. Yesterday, he spoke about his situation. “I will resume bowling with one or two steps next month. And I am hoping that by September, I will be fit to play”.

Mashrafee was the best new ball bowler for Bangladesh in international cricket. And the boy who took over the reigns once the ball was older was Mohammad Sharif. His injury is even older. He spent almost a year and a half without proper treatment since January 2002 after injuries to his ankle. BCB finally sent him to David Young for treatment. He returned to the field January of this year after spending the needed time for recuperation. He is retraining under the watchful eyes of Justin Corby, the Australian physio for the Bangladesh age group teams. After a training regime including gym, swimming, cycling and jogging, Sharif is now running on a regular basis. He was always able to bat reasonably well, and to improve his skills in this arena; he is spending a large amount of time honing his batting skills in the nets. Having been part of a regular fitness routine, it should not take him too long to resume playing. Counting the days till his return, Sharif commented, “Young said that I could bowl in about two months. I am hoping to be able to return to bowling in a match within just a few days of picking up the ball”. To be more definite, he should be able to claim full fitness in about three months – i.e. August.

A little less famous than these two, Talha too had shown promise. He has been off the field due to a back injury after having last played a Test against the West Indies late 2002. Having recovered from that he was made a part of the Bangladesh U-19 team. However, he injured himself again during the Youth World Cup last February. This time the problem lay with his lower back. He has mostly recovered and is hoping to return to the field in a few days.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Zunaid]

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by TAIF]