PDA

View Full Version : Kick Out Kapali: NOW!!!

Rubu
July 18, 2004, 01:11 PM
Did not we have enough? What is more important, trying to have a talented player's form back or make a balanced team so that we can at least compite against other teams. The presense of Kapali in middle order makes it really vulnarable. Moreover, when we have a inform batsman to replace him, why bother with kapali? Kick him out.

May be Ash as an oper could be given a few more (2 maximum) chances to prove. if not bring rana/faisal to opening and put him back to his own place.

this is enough. the following lineup looks much balanced than other, chose any of the group in sequence of lineup:

1. omar
2. ash
3. suman
4. rajin
5. faisal
6. Pilot
7. Mushfiq
8. Rafiq
9. Rajjak (*)
10. Sujon
11. Tapash

Or

1. omar
2. Rana
3. Suman
4. Ash
5. Rajin
6. Pilot
7. Mushfiq
8. Rafiq
9. Rajjak (*)
10. Sujon
11. Tapash

capslock
July 18, 2004, 01:19 PM
I myself am no fan of Kapali, I have not seen much of him as I was in the US during his Golden Age, but from what I understand he was quite promising. It seems to me that he didn't bat all that badly yesterday, he hit a nice six and made 28, perishing only because the situation demanded adventurousness.

More importantly, Bangladeshi batsmen can be divided into 2 categories, those who look very unsure of themselves against Test level bowling, play and miss, and occasionaly middle a few and get a big score by luck, the prime examples of this type of batter are Sumon and Hannan. The other type of batsmen that we have are those with fundamentally good technique and talent, these batsmen look sure of themselves against quality bowling and can accelerate the scoring rate when needed, Ashraful, Rajin and Kapali are good examples this type of batter. These batters are more likely to be dismissed because of lack of concentration rather than any fundamental lack of ability. It's this type of batter that we need to nurture and encourage in Bangladesh. And this is why I think Kapali should be encouraged.

oracle
July 18, 2004, 01:29 PM
Agent- I like the second option as I wanna try out another spinner, as such, Rana should try out his stuff. But you know what we are gonna see same team ,maybe Razzak will miss next one.

Capslock-that was good observation man, beacuse I have seen Kapali both when he was cream and when he was/is down. On both occassions he displayed what you are talking about. And he belongs in what you said below:

The other type of batsmen that we have are those with fundamentally good technique and talent, these batsmen look sure of themselves against quality bowling

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by oracle]

Rho
July 18, 2004, 07:12 PM
Kapali is one of the most dedicated Bangladeshi cricketers. I'll never call for him to be kicked out.

TigerFan
July 18, 2004, 07:37 PM
It seems Kapali do well only against Pakistan. Lets call Kapali to play only against Pakistan. :)

sheshprohor
July 18, 2004, 08:13 PM
DON"T BE IMPATIENT like a typical bangali !!!!

Kapali is one of the technically sound batsmen BD have. He has some nice footworks and styles. Nevertheless, He has some faulty footworks like all other batsmen in BD. He is young....just, he needs one or two good scoring to get back his confidence.

The way he played against Pak....I am more than positive about his coming back. The only SIX...was a shot to watch...what a shot just with the strength of the wrist. This should be an example of a classy batting.

He was the match surviver in a lot of occassions. And the way he played at that time is still non-comparable to any substitute BD currently have in the middle order. But he should learn how to judge the line between confidence and over-confidence.

Take my words....you will see this guy as the anchor of our team very soon.

And Caps...I strongly agree with your viewpoint and am thanking for bringing the analysis in front.

Take care.

Prohor

PoorFan
July 18, 2004, 09:12 PM
As long as his performance is too bad in national team recent days,
why he should not be dropped like others?
No body is kicking him out from the team for ever!
If somebody appears better, compared to Aloks performance, let him in.
We can not just wait match after match until he get back his form.

blink
July 18, 2004, 09:14 PM
I would definitely say leave Kapali in, maybe in tests he is struggling, and even tho he may be low on form now, he is highly talented, and besides none of the replacements are likely to succeed.

My team: (i dont like ash as an opener)

Omar
Habibul (never done poor as an opener except when he was runout for 6)
Rajin (this is his best position)
Ashraful (whenever he does well in the middle we make him open, why?)
Alok
Manjural (in now Razzaq is reported, could open)
Mushfiqur
Mashud
Rafique
Tapash
Mahmud/Tareq

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by blink]

Rubu
July 18, 2004, 11:14 PM
really, i'm tired of listening to this remarks such as
"kapali is the most talented batsman we have"
"kapali is the most technically sound batsman we have"
"its only matter of time that he'll be back in form"
"bla bla bla..........."

i agree with all of them. but i still ask u to look at the facts. the fact is:

*he failed every since pakistan tour.
*he is taking up a space in the team that faisal can realy use
*he is making the middle order really short
*team will appreaciate the runs added by failsal

its utter useless to have talented batsman if he can not bring in runs for the team. when he regain his ability of doing this, i'll warmly welcome him back. but until then, let use the assets we have.

James90
July 19, 2004, 05:03 AM
I'm starting to believe that Alok only does well in the sub-continent...can anyone else back me up?

Shish Ahmed
July 19, 2004, 05:41 AM
too early to say at the moment. Needs to play more games.

Alock needs on big score to get his confidence back and when he does it will be a match winner.

Bangla Mostan
July 25, 2004, 04:01 PM
What we need to do is give Kapali and Rajin the Ash treatment, which can only pay off eventually.

rockpundit
July 25, 2004, 04:37 PM
I think Kapali should be dropped and not picked again until he can prove himself in the domestic level. I can understand what trouble Dav is going through because Kapali always seems to play well until he gets out. Saleh on the other hand should be given a chance, hes proven himself all these days , a few bad matches shouldnt change anything..

reyme
August 4, 2006, 10:57 AM
More Excuses to Keep Kapali:
1. Kapali is the most talented, he will click one day, so play him all match every match
2. He is too young, he has lots of days ahead of him
3. He is very experienced with international matches, how many has such?
4. Everytime he goes to bat, fans have a mountain high expectation from him, this create HUGE pressure, thus he fails to perform
5. He can rotate strike
6. He is a gem of a fielder
7. He is only having a bad patch
8. He will be back like Flintoff

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
1. Kapali is the most talented, he will click one day, so play him all match every match
4. Everytime he goes to bat, fans have a mountain high expectation from him, this create HUGE pressure, thus he fails to perform
5. He can rotate strike

Counter excuses not to keep him.....

1. Talented na re bhai most tainted
2. Very experienced with international matches? Na Na... Very experienced with missed opportunity.
3. He He... young na Bura Dhari ekta. Eto dinneyoo jokhon Kisu parey Na, Ai jonomey ar parbeyna.
4. Now way...everytime he goes to bat, fans have no expectation at all from him, this create HUGE vacum, no motivation to perform thus he fails to perform
5. Whats rotate? Yes he rotate between field back to pavilion very quicky to give chance for the next player to bat.
6. He is a gem of a filder. Thats why he should be always used to carry equipments and water in the fields. Also message from coach so that next time Mashree doesn't ball 4 full-toss ball in last over.
7. He is only having a bad patch. But the problem is this is the only patch he always have.
8. He will be back like Flintoff. You mean back to injury? Well....:D

sadi
August 4, 2006, 11:13 AM
5. He can rotate strike

Dude, you are just making it worse. I used to like him too but accept the reality. He never learns. Today is another example. Started off well but then ekta lollypop tule diye asche... ar bowling tho ekebare garbage right now

reyme
August 4, 2006, 11:18 AM
This thread is becoming too boring. Beamer and Sham, bring up some spice please!

Niceman70
August 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
Why do i get a sense that the players in our team are doing us a favor?Don't they get paid? why don't they show responsibility while on the crease? 5 balls 17 runs and the bowler thinks its funny. he puts his top garment and covers his head but he forgets to cover his face. why do i get a sense that mashrafee thought it was joke the fact that he gave 17 runs in one over? and that too with a team that we expected to white wash? thanks to farhad reza if he were not there for the 2nd odi then there could have been possibilities for us to be white washed.

sadi
August 4, 2006, 11:25 AM
I don't think Mashrafee thought it was a joke. I think we are just not good enough.

akabir77
August 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
I don't give a damm about talent... WHat good is it if after scoring 10 gives a tame catch? drop the idot and ash too..

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 12:04 PM
Dude, you guys are getting all wrong on reyme. read more about his code and look at his sig. its call sarcasm. s-a-r-c-a-s-m.

Beamer
August 4, 2006, 12:09 PM
This thread is becoming too boring. Beamer and Sham, bring up some spice please!

na eder diye hobey na...ki spice dhalum bolen? ar koto defend korbo talented Kaplali ke? or Ashraful for that matter? just sick and tired at this moment. I will keep quiet. No point really defending anyone at this moment. They suck...

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 12:13 PM
After a long time, I agree with Beamer 100%. they all sucks.

Tigers_eye
August 4, 2006, 12:24 PM
nice find reyme.

Ami to ekdom dumb folded hoiye gasilam jokhon dekhi Rubu boltasey Taposh ar chacha'rey team'a nitey.

kapali: The only Bd player to have a test hattrick, lol. That should allow him to be in all future BD teams (ODIs and tests) till he decides to retire from cricket. Then again he has an option to unretire himself and play also.

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 12:44 PM
Repeating my post from this thread (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=324775#post324775)

Alok isn't that bad. He is our version of Mohammad Sami. Both arrived in the international scene with great promise, but failed to perform consistently. Maybe they're really unlucky. But if they're so unlucky then I think they can afford to be a little more unlucky and get dropped from the national team for good.

I've always been a fan and supporter of Alok, but maybe it's time to move on. We can keep likes of Alok/Tushar as "permanent A team/National team reserve" player for a good period. If they can really utilize the odd chances they get, then they can be seriously considered again for the 1st choice national team.

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 01:20 PM
Why kick him now? Let them finish the series first.

And finally when he goes.... I hope he can take couple of selectors with him also.

real123
August 4, 2006, 01:40 PM
I think Kapali can stay, he has the talent and techniques but we dont let him play contineously. Players like Golla and Rajin need to be dropped.

rudro
August 4, 2006, 01:52 PM
Why kick him now? Let them finish the series first.

And finally when he goes.... I hope he can take couple of selectors with him also.
You mean let them lose one more match!

For some reason I feel like one of two things must happen if we want to change our fate:
[বাংলা]১। পুরো দল্টাকে পালটিয়ে নতুন দল গড়তে হবে। এখনকার দল থেকে থাকবে নাফিস, বাশার, রাজ্জাক, রেজা। আফতাব, আশরাফুল,শাহাদাত আর মাশ্রাফীর ব্যাপারে আমি সন্দিহান। নতুন করে দলে আসবে মুশফিক, মেহরাব, সাকিব, শামসুর, ধীমান, সৈয়দ রাসেল, রানা আর অন্য নতুন খেলোয়াড়রা। এটা ঘটার জন্য অবশ্য নির্বাচকদের যাওয়া ছাড়া কোন গতি নাই।
২। ডেভ ব্যর্থ হয়েছে এদের কাছ থেকে কিছু বের করে আনতে। অন্য কাউকে দিয়ে চেষ্টা করতে হবে।[/বাংলা]
I am not a supporter of AL in any way (although a great admirer of the father of the nation). I pray to Allah so that AL comes in power in the coming election only to have fulfilled my wish for a change in BCB.

I am sick and tired of Lobby, Faruk, Dev, and the whole team.

rudro
August 4, 2006, 01:59 PM
dddddddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa