PDA

View Full Version : Eid Mubarak to all

Tehsin
December 5, 2002, 05:30 PM
Shobai ke Eid er shubhechcha (Eid greetings to everyone).

Pundit
December 5, 2002, 05:40 PM
Ditto - and we have 8 inches of snow.

Its more like Christmas, sigh !!

Sham
December 5, 2002, 08:13 PM
Eid Mubarak folks. We are snowed in as well! Damn, all the Eidi I'm missing out on this time. Biraat loss.

Nasif
December 5, 2002, 11:50 PM
I had to clean snow all afternoon. Good thing it stopped snowing. Eid greetings to all.

rafiq
December 6, 2002, 01:13 AM
sittin' in chicago and laughing smugly at you guys shovelling all that snow while my own sidewalks remain only covered with a little ice. we are actually covered in snow and have been for a while but nothing that deep. eid mubarak...:D

Miran
December 6, 2002, 01:24 AM
Wish we had some snow here in Guernsey. I love the stuff. Oh, by the way. Hello to all you old forum members. And hello to the new(er) people. Good to see this site thriving. Unlike another Bangladesh cricket site I could mention.

James90
December 6, 2002, 03:30 AM
I've never seen snow. Eid Mubarak to everyone. Is it Ramadan or Id-ul-fitr?

Sham
December 6, 2002, 04:02 AM
Eid-ul-Fitr comes at the end of Ramadan.

Miran, you disappeared for ages man. Anyway, good to have you back. This board is becoming more vibrant by the day. Stick around, the WI series should be fun.

Shubho
December 6, 2002, 04:48 AM
A friendly Eid Mubarak to each and everyone of you. Hope all you have had the opportunity to spend it with family.

I feel for those guys who've been snowed in. I'm in freaking Austria, and we're having the warmest winter ever. Anyway, I hate snow, and I was born here. Go figure.

Anyway, Eid Mubarak once again from this so-called India-lover.

Tehsin
December 6, 2002, 05:07 AM
Specially for Eid. Hate the summer but get enough snow (3/4 days max) to last the holidays while not getting completely down by snow.

Ok, Texas weather does not rock during summer.

Miran, welcome back. World Cup is almost here, stick around.

[Edited on 6-12-2002 by tehsin]

Orpheus
December 6, 2002, 05:48 AM
Eid Mubarak to those that did not get mine yet.

Now, let's talk business. Should I set up a PayPal account to receive my salami (e-salam each murubbi).

Zobair
December 6, 2002, 10:44 AM
EID MUBARAK TO ALL....
Man! our exams started today...so that sucked....I personally can't complain though...haven't started mine...but most of my buds were in the exam hall the first thing in the morning...and so the prayer hall was kinda not as full as one would have liked....
anyways...sorry I haven't said much in recent times...but trust me...I have been following all the posts closely...sometimes 2 or 3 times a day :)....
On a cricketing note....Kapali can become our future Habibul...i.e Mr. Consistency...Ashraful can become our Tendu mia...lets just hope they keep to their early promise....
On a non-cricketing note...I read with interest Shoikoth's tirade against Shubho...That was definitely uncalled for...anyways...I defintely am suspicious of any categorization based on nationalities....I know Pakistanis who are the best people I have met, I know Indians who fall into a similar category and of course Bangladeshis who are simply great people too...and yet I know people from all the above 3 mentioned nationalities who are just simply the scum of the earth...So lets just avoid such oversimplifications about any nation, religion or race...or we still insist on it based on our own 'personal' experiences....then just keep it to your person...
Back to Cricket...I am definitely looking forward to the test series....I am desperately hoping for a century from one of our boys...and at least 3 50s....come on this is our home advantage :D

fwullah
December 6, 2002, 11:34 AM
Eid Mubarak.

I don't have any exams or anything this time, but with the BD vs WI test series starting on just one day after the eid day, so I hope that I won't have to miss anything on the test series because of going out to people's house for the eid.

Tehsin
December 7, 2002, 04:28 AM
I went to the one in Dallas. Mostly Arabs but saw/heard lot of Bangladeshis there. Namaj porey doa shesh korte parini mostly cause I had to run and the guy started talking about all the crap. When are we going to have some decent speakers ? Most of them sounds like they were randomly picked up from the streets.

Pompous ... right on. One of my best friend is an Indian. Met Pakistanis who'd welcome me in their group when all I got were some 'eta abar ke' looks from some Bangladeshis. What gives man ? Aami Bangal bangali dekhle/shunle nijer porichoi dei but half the time I ended up wishing that I kept my big yap shut. Learned not to get too excited just cause I saw some Bangalees. Maybe it's cause there's so many of them, some of them don't care. Bhabchi North er dikey chole jabo, most Bangalees there would treat you like one.

Music fans - I had the previlage of listening to both GHULAM ALI (amazing) and Anup Jalota (entertaining) tonight. The last song was sang by them together. Bless their souls. Best part was Ghulam Ali's interaction with the crowd, at 61, he looked more like 40 from 10 rows back and sure did act like he was only 30. The man loves to sing.

Anup was more 'I have to open for Badde bhai, hope I don't mess up' but he was funny and finished it off with Duma Dum Mast Kalander. One of my favs.

If they are stopping by your city, don't forget to check 'em out. It's not always that you get to hear such vocal geniuses.

Incidently, they both started at age 7. I wonder if their parents doctored their birth cirtificate so they can compete in the age-group competitions. :)

James90
December 7, 2002, 05:07 AM
Pakis seem too violent and one of my best friends is Indian and one of my best internet friends is Indian too. Do you find it strange that i've never seen snow?

fwullah
December 7, 2002, 07:35 AM
Habibul_fan, isn't Australia a really hot country? Like drought is a normal thing in Australia as flood is a normal thing in Bangladesh?

James90
December 7, 2002, 05:24 PM
Yeah pretty much