PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Bangladesh Ground Fielding

capslock
July 18, 2004, 10:28 PM
Having watched Bangladesh play for these last few months it really seems to me that our ground fielding is as good as any other side in the world. I can't imagine even the Aussies and the Proteas field significantly better than us, well done Trevor!

Our catching however....

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by capslock]

TigerFan
July 18, 2004, 10:34 PM
Alhamdulillah!

Rubu
July 18, 2004, 11:07 PM
catch drop is the only problem with bd fielding. a big one though. the way they got the run out against pakistan really remainded me of australia. hold the ball and through it, did not even moved the hand backward to gain strength. running between the wicket was good too, i've to say. the run outs we had, its mainly because they had to risk them to get runs going. but the biggest worry of all time remains the same "diarrhoea" of middle order.

Zobair
July 19, 2004, 01:59 PM
This is also the fittest Bangladeshi team ever. I don't see an ounce of fat on them. :) Fielding is Mashallah improved by leaps and bounds. The ground fielding is world-class. The throws from the deep are quite strong and pretty accurate, and the result is we have been able to effect run-outs regularly.

Catching in the deep has been generally good except for the dropped catch off yasir Hameed. Slip catching needs improvement. We seem to drop every other catch there.

James90
July 20, 2004, 06:21 AM
Are you guys working with Mike Young now?

PoorFan
July 20, 2004, 07:13 AM
We drop the catch, they make it century.
So was against Pak(Yasir) and WI(Giles?).
Very sad thing.....