PDA

View Full Version : three big matches ahead - put up some good performance

vv_sunil
July 18, 2004, 11:49 PM
bangladesh will face India on 21/07/04, then Srilanka on 23/07/04 and then Pakistan on 29/07/04. bangladesh should put-up some good performance there, dont mind losing all games, but good and competitive performances are real worthy. they should avoid three continous humiliating defeat, if they cant avoid so, it is going to be a disaster and will shatter the confidence again. whatever the ground work done so far will go in waste.....

so we all expect some good and competitive performance,,,, dont mind losing the games

vv_sunil
July 18, 2004, 11:50 PM
expect ur good coments pl

Nasif
July 19, 2004, 12:07 AM
I personally feel our bowling too weak to restrict the opponent. It is a bad luck that all our front line pacers are injured.

To get a win in any of the next three matches, both bowling and batting has to click. Especially, middle order batting must hold it strong. I am tired to seeing late order and tail doing the middle order's job.

In bowling, Tapash had hard time to get his slower delivery right. I don't why he is having so much trouble, as he already applied this masterfully during WI series. <a href=http://www.banglacricket.com/games/picture.php?p=127>Watch his deadly slower delivery video</a>. For some reason he couldn't do a single slow delivery with conviction in PAK match. Also, line wasn't very good. He must come back good in next matches and give couple of early breaks.

Rest is upto a team effort.

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by nasif]

sageX
July 19, 2004, 12:22 AM
Our bowling is better then batting. pakistan scored 257 in 50 overs. This is not bad bowling performance. Batting is sink9ing the boat.

Rubu
July 19, 2004, 12:58 AM
on paper our bowling was never good, but somehow our bowlers manage to perform better than their ability as a whole. but the problem right now is, two main bowler of the team, tapash and rafique has lost their ability, at least for a while. rafique went wicketless in the whole WI odi series and test was no impressive either. here, also less shinny than rajjak. tapash also, not doing his job as he did in carribea. who knows why this is happening. BUT, look at the bowling dept. as a whole? they did a decent job in both matches. against pak, they did give batsmen a fighting total. and as usual our middle order collasped. we had problem with the whole pair of openers. after this tournament, i'm sure we'll se JO at one end constantly for a while. and if we can't find a steady partner for him that would be a shame. our batsmen just don't click togather. ever.

sageX
July 19, 2004, 01:15 AM
Middle order batsman are stinking like nothing else. After Bashar their is no support until tail comes in. Our middle order need to be reshuffled or bring new faces.
Ash as a opener need little bit more chances. If he can succed as opener it is good for him. He will face more ball to get his tons. He has the talent. If anybody can do,it is Ash.

New batsman like Faisal,Rana need to be tested in the middle. Rafiq should be in the middle too.That is my 2 cent.