PDA

View Full Version : Zaheer Khan doubtful against BD

Upal
July 20, 2004, 02:27 AM
link (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/JUL/001389_ASIA2004_19JUL2004.html)

looks like India's bowling will be even weaker! I hope we can bat first and somehow manage to get 250. I think the only way we can reach such a good total is if Ash or Bashar gets a century. I really, really hope one, if not both, of these guys mean serious business tomorrow. We also need Kapali to make a good score.

I think for tomorrow, if the team management's decision is to let Razzak keep playing, then we should bring in Rana for Javed and Faisal for Chacha. Rana can replace Chacha's bowling as well as open in spot of Javed. Faisal will provide an extra bat and may be crucial in us reaching a score of 250+. If we can achieve this total, then hopefully Tapash and Mushfique can get Tendu out early and our 3 left arm spinners can choke India's middle order with the wicket slowing down as the game progresses. In addition, if Rana can't handle 10 overs, we can give some overs to Rajin or Alok. Thus, I don't think Chacha will be missed at all.

My line-up:
1. Ash
2. Rana
3. Bashar
4. Rajin
5. Alok
6. Faisal
7. Pilot
8. Mushfique
9. Rafique
10. Tapash
11. Razzak

This line-up bats 9 deep and Tapash is no slouch with the willow either. I only pray Bashar wins the toss tomorrow!!!

Zobair
July 20, 2004, 02:33 AM
Zaheer Khan hasn't been in the best of form lately. I would rather he played instead of Nehra who once in a while really gets it right!

I think your line-up is most probably the lineup we will see tomorrow. Its surprising how many fans have the same exact line up. Lets see if Whatmore is on the same wavelength!

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by pompous]

Nasif
July 20, 2004, 02:39 AM
Chacha will be playing. I can gurantee it 99.99%.

Rana will come in Javed's slot. As much I want it, I don't think Dav will bring Faisal in Alok's place.

So, in all probability, the team will see only one change, ie. Rana in.

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by nasif]

Upal
July 20, 2004, 02:41 AM
yeah i was just checking the thread on line-ups and saw that some other fans had the exact same line-up. I think it makes a lot of sense...hopefully Dav is thinking like us too.

I don't think we have to worry about Nehra too much. I reckon Irfan Pathan is the man to watch out for. He seems to play great against Bangladesh (atleast at the age group level) and he has really become a force lately. I just hope our openers can see him through in the early overs and have a real go at guys like Sehwag, Tendu or Yuvraj in the middle overs.

mahbubH
July 20, 2004, 03:16 AM
Zaheer would be better for BD than Nehra! It is very important for BD batters to play first few overs of Pathan carefully. Sachin as a bowler may also be a factor for us.

capslock
July 20, 2004, 03:16 AM
AHAHAHA!!! Yes!!! Now we will win!!!!!!!!

Oh wait......