PDA

View Full Version : Scorecard: U19 vs ECB Schools

chinaman
July 20, 2004, 02:20 PM
Coach McInnes sent the following scores from today's match (the match was washed out after the 27.2 th overs in the second innings):

http://banglacricket.com/files/pics/posted/u19eng1.gif

[Edited on 7-21-2004 by chinaman : Wash out added.]

Zobair
July 20, 2004, 02:25 PM
Good batting performance....and bolwing figures looking promising. Is the match over??!

In any case welldone so far!

Check out Dhiman Ghosh! wow! ANd Nafees Ahmed did awesome!

:bravo:

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by pompous]

TAIF
July 20, 2004, 02:26 PM
Is the match still in progress???

rassel
July 20, 2004, 02:26 PM
290 is quite a score!

:clap:

chinaman
July 20, 2004, 02:32 PM
Don't know if the match is over or if this is the final score.

In any event, 290 is a grand score for 50 overs. And for the ECB School is it highly unlikely to score another 158 runs with the last 4 wickets from 23 overs if the game continues by any chance.

Congratulations to the U19 team for a bright start.

rockpundit
July 20, 2004, 02:34 PM
Im sorry to say im quite disappointed. Bd should have whipped their rears real good. Although you cant put all the blame on them since their ages are more or less simillar.

samiur666
July 20, 2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by rockpundit
Im sorry to say im quite disappointed. Bd should have whipped their rears real good. Although you cant put all the blame on them since their ages are more or less simillar.

I think thats a rather unfair comment. Scoring 290 and then restricting an opponent to 130 odd for 6 wickets IS a whipping by any standards. What do you expect from our u19 boys on the very first game of their tour?? A 400 plus score and then getting the opposition all out for 50? Try to give credit where credit is due next time.

Upal
July 20, 2004, 02:40 PM
I dunno about the quality of opposition BD is facing...but in the scorecard...it says the captain is Cook. If this is the Alistair Cook who is the captain of the England u-19 squad (and soon to be senior player), then the opposition may have been a real good one. So this is a great performance by the BD youths. I dunno how you can complain after they made 290 in 50 overs.

rassel
July 20, 2004, 02:40 PM
I wouldn’t use this word (disappointed) anywhere near this topic!:umm:

Navarene
July 20, 2004, 02:51 PM
Is it really 93 off 88 by Dhiman? Wow! I see the shadow of Gilchrist in this youngster. Pilot should be proud of his successor.

Amazing performance by our U-19 with aggresive batting and decent bowling. I am beginning to have confidence on Mr. McInnes.

rockpundit
July 20, 2004, 02:53 PM
If you look up to the scorecard, youll notice that our top 2 batsmen got runout . Ghosh and one other batsman got out near the 100. These are small things that can change the outcome of the game especially against a school team. Youll also notice that most of the score came from only a few players . ALL batsmen have to pitch in...

Zobair
July 20, 2004, 02:53 PM
Cook is considered the next big thing in English cricket. If I am not mistaken he was the English top-scorer in a MCC warmup match vs. WI.

Zobair
July 20, 2004, 02:57 PM
Dude! you complain too much :P just kidding...its bright enough start for BD U19 on a tour for the first time out of the sub-continent. 290/9 in foreign conditions first up shows aggressive intent. Good start!

Originally posted by rockpundit
If you look up to the scorecard, youll notice that our top 2 batsmen got runout . Ghosh and one other batsman got out near the 100. These are small things that can change the outcome of the game especially against a school team. Youll also notice that most of the score came from only a few players . ALL batsmen have to pitch in...

rockpundit
July 20, 2004, 03:04 PM
Well yeah I could cut them some slack since they ARE playing in english conditions (which arent really batsmen friendly)

Piranha
July 20, 2004, 04:51 PM
Sort of wierd not knowing if the match is finished!

Anyhow, Im happy with the progress of Dhiman Ghosh. I think we are nirturing him properly. He needs to spend some time travelling to different parts of the world and play lot s and lots of first class cricket. Once he has established himself, we should think about promoting him to ODI and test.

Keep up the good work Coach McInnes!

wasif
July 20, 2004, 05:11 PM
Congratulation to u19 team.............................batsman Dehman Ghosh & Nafess Ahmed
all Bangladeshi are proud of you
:joy::fanflag::bravo::great:

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by wasif]

bdboy
July 20, 2004, 07:53 PM
simply great performance by bd youths! congrats!!!!!!: bravo:
go bd go

sageX
July 20, 2004, 09:47 PM
GOOD JOB!:fanflag:

Tehsin
July 20, 2004, 10:15 PM
Did they ever fix Nadif's bowling action ? After the Rajjak shocker, don't need another rookie getting the boot for something that's quite fixable.

Nice job by the way. More comments when we get a positive ID on the opponents.

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by tehsin]

AsifTheManRahman
July 20, 2004, 10:29 PM
Good stuff :bravo:

Well done

290 in English conditions for a bunch of young guys who are playing in England for the first time is awesome

observer
July 21, 2004, 02:45 AM

Nasif
July 21, 2004, 02:57 AM
it would have been a definite win!

:bravo:

great job from the u19

200%Tiger
July 21, 2004, 06:45 AM
Could I please have Richard McInnes' e-mail address?

chinaman
July 21, 2004, 08:57 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to give out Coach's email address publicly. If you have a question for him please post it here, I'm sure he will answer it when he gets time.

We are getting tremendous support from the Coach. He has been very forthcoming. We appreciate his generosity and do not want to cause undue discomfort in any way or form. Hope you will appreciate the views. Thank you.

Ahmed_B
July 21, 2004, 09:10 AM
Anyone got bit more idea on the players of the ECB team?

nice performance.. congrats!

Dhiman has so far been a high-strike-rate consistant solid scorer in the last few matches with the overseas team!

Nasif
July 21, 2004, 06:30 PM
U19 won this match by D/L method.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/07/22/d40722040635.htm

Shish Ahmed
July 22, 2004, 04:29 AM
I was present at this match V ECB. Boys played very well especially our batting looked really good with a new player added to the squad from the u19 world cup Shariar Nafees Ahmed (Abir) left handed batsmen. Watch out for this boy!!!
Dhiman opened the batting and did very well, but all in all it was a good performance bearing in mind it was new conditions for most of the boys.

It was nice to meet the boys!!
:fanflag:

chinaman
July 22, 2004, 04:32 AM
Great. Did you had a chance to talk to any of the players or taking any pictures?

Any plan to attend future matches?

AsifTheManRahman
July 22, 2004, 04:35 AM
Oh

So it was Nafees Ahmed, and not Nafis Iqbal who scored those 79 runs...hmm...

Shish Ahmed
July 22, 2004, 04:40 AM
Yes i talked with most of the boys and enjoyed their presence especially Captain Enamul Haque jnr. (very nice young man).

I am hoping to attend the 3 day match on Saturday, if the weather holds out as i live 1 and half hour away from Loughborough.
Maybe i can take my camera with me then.

chinaman
July 22, 2004, 04:42 AM
Please check the U2U from upper right hand corner. You may have to refresh the page. Thanks.

oracle
July 22, 2004, 05:43 AM
Shish

If you could borrow a tele lense, even though it would still be inadequate to capture bowlers action, it is still better than nothing. I would love to see some shots of Enamul. Thanks.

AsifTheManRahman
July 22, 2004, 08:05 AM
yeah and check whether any of them (the bowlers) is a chucker

Shish Ahmed
July 22, 2004, 09:07 AM
do you guys in Canada get to watch a lot of cricket??

How would u know if its a legal action or not??

AsifTheManRahman
July 23, 2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED
do you guys in Canada get to watch a lot of cricket??

How would u know if its a legal action or not??

i've been watching and playing cricket for more than 12 years now. i think that in all these years, i may not have come to the level of those people in the ICC who test the action of accused bowlers, but my judgement is not any worse than fans who live in cricketing nations. :)

Ibrahim
July 25, 2004, 08:37 AM
wow! It's a great performance

Habibul_bashar
July 25, 2004, 08:58 AM
Dhiman Ghosh Is the best man
Well Dhiman Ghosh.