PDA

View Full Version : Ive just about had it with the tier system

rockpundit
July 20, 2004, 06:30 PM
I haveve just recently heard about Bob Woolmer discussing a 3 tier system wherein Bd would be relegated to play the likes of UAE and Hong Kong. What I cannot understand is why they do not accept our vast improvements in the last year of any value.

The entire cricketing world should realise that cricket is not what it was before. The game has become much more competitive with better talent making an introduction everyday. What a team could accomplish maybe 20 years ago cannot be done now. The average ODI score has gone through the roof, more and more scores are piled up in test matches, players have much higher strike rates than before. Simply put...it is much tougher for a team which is just entering to make a mark than ever before.

A few days ago I heard Saurav Ganguly expressing his approval of the 3 tier system. I dare him to have said this 3 years back when indian cricket was at a low (they had not won any overseas test series in over 24 years!). I would love to see his face if they were relegated to the 2nd rung when it came to overseas matches.

I plead to all the cricket world, give us some time, we can do it and we will do it. A country as big, as populated and as cricket crazy as ours will surely be a powerhouse within a few years. If New Zealand could be given 20 years for their first test win, we can surely be given a further few...

sageX
July 20, 2004, 06:37 PM
Relax man! N-tier system will never happen. It is Just Elite talk. I can bet on that.