PDA

View Full Version : What will be a challenging total v India ?

TAIF
July 20, 2004, 07:28 PM
I would like your opinion on what would be a challenging total for Bangladesh to set India assuming we bat first and what we should do if we win the toss????

I personally think we should bat first if we win the toss that way we can bat without the pressure and try to set a challenging total of 250+. This will then put pressure on the Indian batsmen who prefer to bat first and set a target rather than chase. Remember when India played Kenya in 2003 world cup and were put under some pressure batting last ( I know this was a day/night match but thats no excuse). so I hope bangladesh get a break today INSHALLAH. I'd love to see our boys put one over Ganguly's boys. COME ON !!!TIGERS:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

Navarene
July 20, 2004, 08:10 PM
Toss: BD

Bangladesh

Ashraful 79
Rana 8
Bashar 56
Rajin 11
Kapali 36
Faisal 10
Mashud 28
Sujon 0
Rafique 9 n.o.
Razzak 3 n.o.
Extra 13
Total: 253 for 5 in 50 overs
DB: Tareq Aziz

India

Sehwag c Mashud b Tareq 0
Tendulkar st Mashud b Razzak 21
Dravid b Rafiq 66
Laxman c Kapali b Razzak 39
Ganguly run out(ashraful/Rafique) 15
Yuvraj c Bashar b Sujon 28
Md. Kaif lbw Razzak 27
Kumble b Razzak 5
Pathan c Rajin b Rafique 14
Balaji run out(Rajin/Tareq) 11
Nehra lbw Tareq 0
Extra: 18
Total: 244 all out in 48.5 overs

Bangladesh won by 9 runs:flag:
MOM: Abdur Razzak Raz

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by Navarene]

TigerFan
July 20, 2004, 08:16 PM
lollll Navarene bhai how did you come up with it?

Navarene
July 20, 2004, 08:21 PM
Remember BD hammered 249 against India in the last asia cup 2000? Why not odd 253 this time? Go tigers go :fanflag:

Upal
July 20, 2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TAIF

I personally think we should bat first if we win the toss that way we can bat without the pressure and try to set a challenging total of 250+. This will then put pressure on the Indian batsmen who prefer to bat first and set a target rather than chase. Remember when India played Kenya in 2003 world cup and were put under some pressure batting last ( I know this was a day/night match but thats no excuse).

yes I remember that match. What was particularly interesting about that match was the trouble India had with kenya's LEFT ARM SPINNER Asif Karim. It looks like we will have 3 of those today...so things could be very, very interesting if we can bat first and put up 250+ :fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

Rubu
July 20, 2004, 09:29 PM
ok, then who will be the "akram khan" of today's match?

samiur666
July 20, 2004, 10:17 PM
There will no Akram Khans today unfortunately. Irfan Pathan might prove to be quite a handful for our batsmen as he bowls with a lot of swing and our batsmen dont exactly have the best feet movement in the world. Also, inspite of being a team from the sub continent we dont see to be able to play spin too well...a big problem now that they have Harbhajan in the team.