PDA

View Full Version : My impressions of the game against India (Top order Bangladesh's batting)

Zobair
July 21, 2004, 12:33 PM
Md. Ashraful and Alok Kapali are the best players of pace and swing. They were very comfortable against Pathan. They could be considered as openers! Kapali's out was most frustrating. He went after a wide ball. He was getting set in, and was looking so comfortable. Once again he threw it all away!
Ash looked really good..I mean REALLY good.

Bashar is NOT an opener coz quite frankly he ain't got the technique (minimal foot work) to face quality swing. He plays straight bowling well.

Rajin is beginning to look out of form! Where is that solid defense? He just went across his stumps inviting that LBW.

Faisal doesn't move his feet much but he looks pretty comfortable. That six off Harby (who I feel still chucks) was awesome. I thought that LBW was harsh. It would have gone down the leg.

200SX
July 21, 2004, 12:55 PM
u said basar has probs playin wif quality pace n swing..........but he is an one down batsman.....n most of da time he has to comw out to da ground in 4-5 yrs whn the ball is still new, n quality bowlers r still on wif their pace n swing.......so i thnk he is capable to do tht as he is da best among other bd players.........so its nothing wrong doing opening for him.......n he was playing very comfortably frm da first ball......i don kno y he missed da ball of pathan....may b tht was da best ball of da whole day........:exclamation:

n ash's run out was unfortunate...other wise we could make more runs......

last few times i had spoken for alok a lot, but i thnk he had enough......its time to go bak home for him... he shud work more hard nex time to get bak in da team again........same thing gona happen to rajin as well......he is a vice-captain n he played an unsensible shot on his first strike....

neway lets c dev gona do in nex match, coz he is da boss n he got all da gameplan..

Zobair
July 21, 2004, 02:17 PM
Bashar was definitely not looking comfortable against Pathan. Pathan is quality swing bowler who is very accurate. He looked like he would be out any minute and he was. Did you see him play?

200SX
July 22, 2004, 01:08 AM
no i havent seen him playin, but c he is da best one, so he must hav to play well wheather the bowler is pathan or someone else....i thnk for one day he is not da best........so wat do u thnk who is da best bats man for oneday...?

Shish Ahmed
July 22, 2004, 09:50 AM
Pompous

Very much agree with you. Bashar is not an opener as his technique is very poor. BD should open with ash and kapali and let kapali play his natural game and give him the freedom to play.

But logic says open with rana and ash