PDA

View Full Version : Scorecard Game Two: U19 vs ECB DOE X1

chinaman
July 21, 2004, 01:48 PM
Coach McInnes sent the following scores and reports from today's match (Game 2):

Second practice match vs ECB Development of Excellence XI at Loughborough University.

ECB DOE batted first and battled early against good pace from Shahadat Hossain (Rajib) and accuracy and swing from Nadif Chowdhury. First wicket Chapman fell to Nadif caught and bowled for 14 with the score on 26. ECB captain Paul Cook batted well again to make 47 before being bowled by Ashim Chowdhury. The ECB DOE side limped along to be all out for 173 from 49.5 overs. All Bangladesh bowlers bowled well with Rajib displaying good pace, despite having some trouble with his run up. Nadif bowled very well to record 10 overs 1 for 19. This included an opening spell of 7 overs 1 for 12. Enamul Haque bowled well to claim three for 23, Israq Sonnet and Ashim Chowdhury both claimed 2 for 32.

The Bangladesh chase started well with Nafees Ahmed (Abir) starting aggressively smashing 28 from 27 balls with controlled, elegant stroke play. Nafees Iqbal was then joined by Aftab Ahmed and these two added 78 for the second wicket before Aftab was out lbw to off spinner Parry for 38 from 36 balls. Nazim Uddin came and went for no score, lbw to Jones. Nadif Chowdhury then joined Nafees and the pair added 50 to draw within 10 of victory, when Nafees mistimed a pull shot to be caught at point for 66 from 91 balls. Shamsu Rahman also fell LBW for no score and Nadif also fell soon after which made the final score look a little closer than it should have. Bangladesh finished up on 6 for 177 from 37 overs, but should have won the game 3 down. This is an area that needs to be improved.

Scores as below:

http://banglacricket.com/files/pics/posted/u19eng2.gif

Rubu
July 21, 2004, 01:50 PM
a bit disappointed about rajib's figure. he si proving that he'll take a while before creating a duo with masri

Nasif
July 21, 2004, 02:01 PM
I think we should put up the scorecard and match report on front page. No one else has any details on these matches. So it will be good for us if we put these on front page.

chinaman
July 21, 2004, 02:12 PM
Well, we probably don't have to wait on one Masri or Shahadat. We'll have a bunch of them, hopefully.

Nazmul and Rubaiyat didn't even play today. Nadif showing great potential.

I was hoping to see some big innings from Aftab. He seems to be stuck in the upper thirties. Rest of the batsmen except Nazim are doing fine I guess.

Perhaps the young guns are showing signs of youth - getting impatient when the target is nigh?

Congratulations to the U19 team.

Piranha
July 21, 2004, 02:18 PM
Congrats U-19 team and Coach McInnes. A fairly good victory depite the mini-collapse at the end. We need to keep up the winning habit.

mahbubH
July 21, 2004, 02:24 PM
I thought Mushfiqur is a wicketkeeper. Does he bowl also?

Zobair
July 21, 2004, 02:25 PM
Good performance! Congrats team and coach. Good aggressive performances so far!

Question for the coach? Why was Dhiman first asked to open yesterday (where he did pretty well) and today asked to come down the order? Can he be considered a frontline batsman of the future?

chinaman
July 21, 2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by nasif
I think we should put up the scorecard and match report on front page. No one else has any details on these matches. So it will be good for us if we put these on front page. Great idea. Done.

Zobair
July 21, 2004, 02:52 PM
WE should get these scores to Colombo :) May be we are lacking inspiration.

rassel
July 21, 2004, 03:21 PM
how about U-19 for the Senior team for just once!!! i mean one ODI :umm:

Bangla Mostan
July 21, 2004, 04:53 PM
This is at least good news for the long-term development of Deshi Cricket. .:great:

Althought our opponents may not be stern opponents, this is still a stepping stone for the way forward for our lads.:)

Personally I feel Nafees Iqbal needs a tougher challenge, may be in a ODI maybe?

Just see how he goes on now, before we can make final judgements, but good news soo far

IanW
July 21, 2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Bangla Mostan
Personally I feel Nafees Iqbal needs a tougher challenge, may be in a ODI maybe?

Just see how he goes on now, before we can make final judgements, but good news soo far

Nope. Send him to Australia or Lancashire to play club cricket. Dont throw him into the fire too soon ...

rafiq
July 22, 2004, 12:35 AM
Question for the coach:

How long does Nafees Iqbal plan to remain 19 or under? Send him to the senior or A team already, they need some openers.

What is the quality of the opposition - that will help us put these results in better perspective.

Always good to see a Bangladesh team win - great job!

AsifTheManRahman
July 22, 2004, 04:07 AM
This is very good news. It's good to see the junior team winning matches in English conditions. However, I would like to know more about the strength of the opposition.

It seems Nafis is a degree above the others in terms of quality. He should indeed be tested - probably send him to play against other A teams as a member of the Bangladesh A side. If he performs on a regular basis, get him into the national team: don't get him in too soon.

observer
July 22, 2004, 04:16 AM
In a hurry so just quick answers,

team we are playing against are the ECB development of excellence teams, They are players of similar age 18,19 20 who are identified as talented players by the ECB. The standard has been quite good and i think most of these players would play comfortably in the Dhaka Premier league and national league in Bangladehs. Our boys have jhust batted quite well, aggressively but safely for most parts.

These are only practice matches. I was always going to bat Dhiman at 7 today as he ketp wickets today. He made runs yesterday so it was even easier to leave him down the order and give some one else a bat. We don't want to rely on any one player. Aftab is batting very well, the best i have seen him, and is not far away from a big score. Nafees Ahmed is also hitting the ball very well.

Rajib, had some no ball trouble and bowled 9 of them and 2 wides hence his figures were a little higher than they should have been. He bowled very well and and with good pace. the batsmen were quite rattled at times.

AsifTheManRahman
July 22, 2004, 04:20 AM
btw did they win the first match? i mean...what happended in the end...i know they were 6 down for 133, bu what happened next?

AsifTheManRahman
July 22, 2004, 04:37 AM
Looks like it was nafees ahmed, and not akram khan's bhatija who played that 79 run inning in the first match...nafis iqbal got out for 1...

chinaman
July 22, 2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
btw did they win the first match? i mean...what happended in the end...i know they were 6 down for 133, bu what happened next?

Yes, we won the first match by D/L method.