PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Rafique!

Zobair
July 22, 2004, 10:30 AM
He has now scalped 50 ODI wickets and is now the second highest ODI wicket-taket for Bangladesh.

Well done!

:bravo:

Rubu
July 22, 2004, 10:35 AM
was this the case? a bats man on 49 or 99 are very careful about taking runs. was that the case with rafique and he was very careful about taking wicket?

so, its time for him to get some slog wickets to compensate for the waste of matches starting WI?

anyway, congrat rafique.

Zobair
July 22, 2004, 10:37 AM
Whats more he timed it so that he could get Ganguli, BC's favourite whipping boy!

:D

sageX
July 22, 2004, 10:56 AM
Congrat Rafiq!:bravo::clap:

Ahmed_B
July 22, 2004, 12:47 PM
Congrats!

i am worried that Rafiq's recent wicket taking rate per match has reduced a lot!
:-/

Piranha
July 22, 2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by pompous
He has now scalped 50 ODI wickets and is now the second highest ODI wicket-taket for Bangladesh.

Second highest? Who has the highest? I thought rafique was the highest wicket taker. Anyhow, congrats Rafique:fanflag:

Zobair
July 22, 2004, 01:04 PM
I believe Mahmud is the leading ODI wicket taker. He became the first BD player to cross 50 in WI tour.

Bangla Mostan
July 22, 2004, 01:46 PM
He is still showing that he is an invaluable asset to the Banladeshi Team.:fire:

A lot can be learned from him, in both bowling and batting wise.

He fuly deserves the 50 Wickets especially that of Ganguly's. That should keep him quiet for a few days.

Well Done Rafique!!:flag:

mahbubH
July 22, 2004, 03:59 PM
http://banglacricket.com/files/pics/posted/rafiqg.gif

oracle
July 22, 2004, 07:50 PM
Just a year ago Rafique was the hot topic, It is really disappointing to see the cool reception that he seems to be getting gradually. He got 50 wickets and it is not news, aww c'mon?
First of all from the team, the fans and eventually from the selectors. Would a dip in his performance trigger his exit from the team? But I really hope this set of selectors are not that fickle minded.
He should play a more proactive role in the team, maybe captain a few ODI matches to set his purposes straight on track?

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by oracle]

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by oracle]

Shehwar
July 22, 2004, 09:53 PM
Congrats to Rafique.!!!.....Now plzzz plzzz plzzz someone tell him to flight the ball a lot more and tell him to bowl the way he bowled in that Pakistan tour…..I simply fail to understand that why is he bowling so flat?….Its not taking him anywhere….!!!

sageX
July 22, 2004, 11:49 PM
Cool thing about Rafiq is he set goals for himself. Ex. Before WI series he came and said I want to take Lara's wkt. Which he did. I am sure Sourov Ganguly was in his list this time, though I havn't heard him saying that. :)