Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Mohammed Rafiq
Taposh Baisya
Talha Jubair
Monjurul Islam

Tehsin
December 7, 2002, 04:08 AM
Keep dreaming. I bet Aliul and his men will laugh their arse off lokoing at your team. THREE PACERS in one team ? Whoever heard of that ? If you are trying to start a new trend where teams can field three, even four pacers in a team, you must not know much about cricket. Pick up the book "selection for dummies" that I snagged from Mr. Aliul and fine the rule that says - No BANGLADESH team can field more then 2 pacers in a squad.

Next thing you'll tell us is that there's little green/grey men in space (anyone watching TAKEN by Spielberg ? It's got 12 episodes of 24 HOURS and it's on the scifi channel each night. If you wanna talk about it, go to the 'forget cricket' board)

Sham
December 7, 2002, 04:19 AM
Tehsin bhai, whats wrong with you man? Why burst my bubble? The final XI wont be named till tomorrow, which means that I could have dreamt about a third seamer for another 18 hours or so.

Tehsin
December 7, 2002, 04:30 AM
If I can't stop having these nightmares, what makes you think I'll let others have it their way ? :P

fwullah
December 7, 2002, 07:23 AM
I would include Fahim Muntasir, but I don't want to get into an argument of taking 2 or 3 or even 4 pacers.

If I were one of the selectors, I would not include any pacer or searmer at all because all these guys need some rest at the moment to really go bowl on South African wickets. Because I have fear over the injury matter.

I mean, if any 1 of the 3 quickies that we have - Monju, Talha or Tapash, they go injured now, then we are short of 1 bowler in the world cup.

And until now, the only back up seamer at the moment that we have with some experience is only Shanto - providing that Mashrafe and Tareq Aziz will not be able to bowl within their ability right after recovering from injury.

Tehsin
December 7, 2002, 03:26 PM
I do see your point but i don't. We can't just treat the WC as THE EVENT. Yes, it's a big thing but so is the Test and the experience in the test matches do count a whole lot more. Bowlers get the chance of experimenting, trying to get the batsmen out instead of just trying to peg them down like they have to in one dayers.

I can not, in any way support sitting out this pacers in fear that they might get injured even though te fear is justified based on where we are.

Realize this though, this players will have to PLAY, we can't just sit them out until the World Cup and then play them, I am sure you agree with me on that. Let's not forget that the national league is starting and this players will play there. They will also play in the practice matches and that tour in Namibia. So, sitting them out in an important Test match is just ........ you get the point.

I wonder if the selectors also had this idea. Someone needs to talk to them and out some sense in them.

Sham
December 7, 2002, 04:10 PM
I totally agree. You don't rest players in a Test Match. That is the highest form of competition there is in cricket. The World Cup is a big event, but lets not lose our head over it. We are going to win two matches if we are lucky.

As for injuries, you can get a career threatening injury skipping in your village home as Masri found out. Or you can have a scooter accident. If we had to follow that advice, we would have to put all our players in a padded room and make them stay there till the world cup. It will be a loss if we lose one of our pacers, but to make them sit out Test Matches is absurd.

Orpheus
December 7, 2002, 04:41 PM
Agreed. At this point of Bangladesh cricket, Sham you mean we will win two matches and if lucky a third one - a miracle would be going to the second round easily. (will three wins ensure a place in the second round?) Only Bad Luck will prevent us from getting two wins.

By the way, last cup's miracle was triumph over Pak.

[Edited on 7-12-2002 by Orpheus]

Sham
December 7, 2002, 05:23 PM
No, I actually meant we will win two matches if we are lucky. We should beat Canada, but none of us should consider victory against Kenya a forgone conclusion. We are going to have to work very hard to beat Kenya. If Tikolo has a good day, we are goners. So two wins if we are lucky, and a third would be an absolute miracle, especially on SA pitches.

[Edited on 7-12-2002 by Sham]