PDA

View Full Version : BD - WI test series given more importance

fwullah
December 7, 2002, 07:09 AM
Bangladesh vs West Indies test series has been given more importance than the Bangladesh vs West Indies one day series by the ICC.

I tell this because there was no preview before the BD vs WI 1st match of the one day series, but now just before the 1st match of BD vs WI test series, there is a preview on ICC Cricinfo page.

Tehsin
December 7, 2002, 02:57 PM
The web manager was probably just being lazy during the one day tournament.

Sham
December 7, 2002, 04:17 PM
Thats always the case. CricInfo does a preview before every Test Match. They don't do it for every ODI. There really isn't much to preview for an ODI, its a 50 over shoot out. And Test Matches are more important than ODIs anyway.

Nasif
December 7, 2002, 04:32 PM
I just wish we could draw two tests :( That will give us some points on test champ table.

Orpheus
December 7, 2002, 04:46 PM
Who voted for the cricinfo poll??? Did you vote more than once??

The question is who is gonna win the test series. And the result is tied between BD and WI. So i was thinking that maybe many West Indian think that they will not win it against Bangladesh. That's interesting to know.

By the way when I checked last time, number of votes was around 700. - each with 300+. There can't that much Bengali ppl voting online.

Tehsin
December 7, 2002, 05:03 PM
That would be playing 450 overs of cricket without losing ? On average, our batsmen should stick in there for about 150 overs per innings. Is that possible ? We all know that WI will score enough run in their 150 (if they are going to bat that long) for us to match it in 300 (if the openers open up).

The only way we can take the match to that lenght is if we get Golla in his old form and let Ashraful block with his hearts content.

Sham
December 7, 2002, 05:31 PM
Orpheus, you are wrong about the Bengalis online. There are many more Bangladeshi cricket enthusiasts who would go to CricInfo and vote than there are West Indians. Just think of all of us NRBs, spending half our lives posting messages about our struggling team. No other country in the world with a team as bad as ours would spend one/tenth as much time discussing cricket.