shujon
pilot
rafiq
razzaq
baisha

your opinions ?

BangladeshFan
July 23, 2004, 05:54 AM
and ofcourse we need to change captain, someone who can get atleast the batting order right...... :o

Rubu
July 23, 2004, 07:27 AM
is it all captain or coach too? i think JO will be back for next match. if not, rana-ash should open for sure. if jo is available, then
ash-jo open
and
rana at one down.

so that we can have some relaiable player up front. bashar getting out create huge pressure on the team. he should not come so early, i think. its like during the war in old days, some leader used the method of staying in the middle.

Shish Ahmed
July 23, 2004, 07:55 AM
yes ure right, ash should open with JO if fit. rana should open or come in at no. 3, as we need to keep wickets in hand for the later overs.

Most important to keep wickets in hand for later overs.

Imtiaz
July 23, 2004, 09:11 AM
Bashar should be relieved of his duties.

He should also go in at No.5. He will probably do very well there. Many openers in the past have done that. It could even be failing eyesight. He plays most of his strokes with his eye, he is not a graet mover of the feet.

Rana could be vulnerable against real pace ! I did see him sway against Tino and Fidel. An accurate pair would gulp him up. But he may improve. His attitude is very good. He is maintaining his average

Navarene
July 23, 2004, 09:17 AM
Bashar is no good with the new ball. I agree he hardly has any footwork but great reflex and eyesight. Let him go down to 2/3 slot where he can be more and more effective with the old ball.

BushidoTiger
July 23, 2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Imtiaz
Bashar should be relieved of his duties.

He should also go in at No.5. He will probably do very well there. Many openers in the past have done that. It could even be failing eyesight. He plays most of his strokes with his eye, he is not a graet mover of the feet.

-Since there had been NO leadership (let alone by example) shown by the Cap, why don't we get away from having a permanent Captain for a change?

Let the captaincy be decided on a open forum basis..whoever happened to have the best contribution on previous game, get to lead the team on the following one.

It'll be his team for that game until someone else upstages him and the batton is passed on to the new man of the hour.

This rotating leadership albeit unorthodox will be used as an extra incentive and force otherwise some of the immature players to learn leadership on the job.

Since there has been no consistency (barring Ash, JO) in this team, no argument of having a consistent leadership stands on solid ground here.

Besides, there's always DW in pavillion looking over the field. If someone does anything out-of-whack in the field, he can always send the 12th man w/ prune juice in hand to relay his wisdom to the captain-of-the-day.

Call me crazy..but it may even work :P

Imtiaz
July 23, 2004, 12:59 PM
Better still no captain at all. The ensuing chaos could not possibly be any worse than what we have now.

A really crazy idea would be to transpose the batting line-up. We could have egg on our faces. Tapash might score a hundred !

rassel
July 23, 2004, 10:39 PM
Pakistan: 6, 25, 14, 37, 13

England: 10, 21

Zimbabwe: 61, 0, 2

West Indies: 0, 2, 42

Asia Cup: 7, 2, 2, 32- against Hong Kong

Approximately, he averages around 16 run per game

So, I gat one thing to say: with that average he should be the 12th man not the captain of this lame duck team.

:drool:

Bangla Mostan
July 29, 2004, 02:14 PM
ive said this before, bashar must move down the battin line up and shift faisal and probably rana as well.

We must try these things, now that we have established our opening pair (not inluding recent performance) we must concentrate on the players who could now play and support the very weak middle order.

Flip Master Mick
July 29, 2004, 03:40 PM
[Edited on 30-7-2004 by Flip Master Mick]