PDA

View Full Version : BD players will meet Rahul Dravid

bd_cricket
July 27, 2004, 07:47 PM
Bhorer Kagoj reported this.
Prince arranged a session with Dravid - probably tomorrow.
Now our players are thinking what they should ask to the world's no. 1 batsman.

Rubu
July 27, 2004, 08:20 PM
possible question they will ask:

1. may i have your autograph plz.
2. How old are u?
3. How do u like bangladeshi dishes?

anything not relating cricket. our top order should really be replaced by u19 team. how worse they can do? they won't score negative runs and hunting ducks are as bad as senior theam.

PoorFan
July 27, 2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
possible question they will ask:

1. may i have your autograph plz.
2. How old are u?
3. How do u like bangladeshi dishes?

anything not relating cricket. our top order should really be replaced by u19 team. how worse they can do? they won't score negative runs and hunting ducks are as bad as senior theam.
Very funny questions though.
But really like to know what were their questions.

Zobair
July 28, 2004, 11:46 AM
Good initiative! Dravid is one of the best players of the game today and I am sure he will retire a great in his own right. He is also very articulate and sensible. It should do our bruised players some good.

[Edited on 28-7-2004 by pompous]

rockpundit
July 28, 2004, 11:53 AM
Well I dont think its gonna be anything but normal chit chat. I dont think one session is gonna change anything...

potshot
July 28, 2004, 12:06 PM
It depends on the willingness to learn. Irfan Pathan benefitted immensely from normal chit chat with Wasim Akram.

SS
July 28, 2004, 03:05 PM
we are not pathans...

Zobair
July 28, 2004, 03:16 PM
And pathans are renowned for theirs brains and fast learning?! :-/

Originally posted by SS
we are not pathans...

Bangla Mostan
July 28, 2004, 03:36 PM
Maybe we can develop more Dravids and Rajin can utilise this time immensly so he can be dependent should the time come, which is currently looking at our batting performances in all the matches we have played soo far.:flag:

Rubu
July 28, 2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SS
we are not pathans...

i'm glad that we are not pathans. here is a joke about pathans, u might not find irrelavant:

once a pathan was assigned to guard a house. one day, he caught a thief. interestingly, the thief was also a pathan. he tied his hands really good and went to call for the master. when the master asked him where did he tied the thief, pathan said he only tied his hands with each other. the master got angry since he did not tied the thief's leg and he can easily walk out. disappointed, master came to visit the crime scene. to his utter surprise, the thief was standing there with his hands tied.

not only the guard did not realize that with free legs he can walk out, the theif, also being another pathan, did not realize that either.

[Edited on 28-7-2004 by AgentSmith]

potshot
July 29, 2004, 09:04 PM
Zoysa had a chat with McGrath and it helped his bowling immensely.

potshot
July 29, 2004, 11:03 PM
News about Dravid's meeting with BD players. This news also mentions that BD players on their own never try to seek the help of foreign players. Steve Waugh and Lara went out of their way to BD players but the BD players appear too diffident to seek them out.

Dravid discusses basics of cricket with BD players (http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/jul2004-daily/30-07-2004/sports/s10.htm)

Bangla Mostan
August 6, 2004, 03:56 PM
Our players will never learn..from anyone else..even players as they are too arrogant to be learning..well this generation is ...they are too complacent...they would tend to say....accha re-ba bucchi ami khali hobaidee socka marmu khali..well my dear friends we know that clearly has not worked...:o:umm:

fwullah
August 7, 2004, 06:02 AM
The interesting thing was the Bangladesh team management for some inexplicable reasons decided to keep the bowlers like Khaled Mahmud, Tapash Baisya, Tareq Aziz, Muhammad Rafique, Abdul Razzak out of the discussion session.

I have a story to share, not relating to cricket, but I think it is relevant.

While students in a class room in the bengali medium schools should be encouraged to speak with their teacher, however as the number of students are too many, so it may not be possible for all the students to just reply to what the teacher says. So after 12 years of SSC and HSC level school and college, most students are shy or remain shy enough to just 'ask' the teachers if they have any questions.

What we have got here, among these 9 players, I am guessing that all our batsman are too shy to speak - at least in English anyway.

Ofcourse, there are some class captains/some students in every class who do speak out, but they are too few relative to the total number of students.

And it seems that Khaled Mahmud is just one example of such a class captain.

fwullah
August 7, 2004, 06:04 AM
By the way, this meeting was held before Bangladesh's 2nd stage game against Pakistan, so we know what was the result (or no-result) from this discussion.

Bengal_Tiger
August 7, 2004, 08:37 AM
Some of the BD players are so hopeless that 1000s of Dravid could change anything..really sad.

sageX
August 7, 2004, 02:21 PM
They should have met with Sachin too. Sachin is very freindly.

Habibul_bashar
August 7, 2004, 02:33 PM
I think they should meet with BC Lara. Who has make 400*

PoorFan
August 7, 2004, 10:00 PM
They may need to learn english first, as newspaper said.
By the way, what about the academic qualification of our squad?
Any body has any idea?

amit(a huge BD fan)
August 8, 2004, 03:40 AM
they should meet sehwag to get an idea of how to make 200s in odis.

Bangla Mostan
August 8, 2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)
they should meet sehwag to get an idea of how to make 200s in odis.

lol..nice one...yeah im sure hell be the best at advising someone but can you imagine if they went on to score 200 as well???:flag: