PDA

View Full Version : Immediate cricket structural change is required

SS
July 28, 2004, 09:35 PM
As I was reading the article of a Bdeshi sport site, I found out that the author mentioned about a great point, which didn't even come up to my mind. Rajin, Kapali, Musfiq or even Ash how long they played in domestic leagues and how were their performances? Like in the team, dickens performed good and also I guess Rana was chosen by that. But are our selectors choosing players based on their talent, techniques or by performances!!!

I think we should have a boot camp league, where these "choosen players" of "National teams", B teams, U-19 teams and even development team will have intense league matches. Few months when we are not able to organize outside matches due to weather or other feedbacks. But these "picked" "national team players" should go through intense programs and performances. Especially our beloved top orders.
Time changed, now all players can learn techniques and superb reflex power but if they can't PERFORM ...they should not play. in 80's it was easier to get into national team, now more players coming up so selection process is very IMPORTANT.

Other teams' improvement is nothworthy and their rate of success is much faster than BD. There is no substitue for our players to play with these or against these players. I would and also many of you will request our "great BCCB: and selectors to send the players immediately to the counties in England, Australia or even in NZ.

Otherwise defeats will not leave us and we will be disappointed again and again.

[Edited on 29-7-2004 by SS]

sageX
July 29, 2004, 01:02 AM
SS may I give u an analogy of our cricket team performance.

A stick shift car. In the first gear accelaraion is very slow. Second gear is little bit faster then first gear. Third gear excelaration become little smother than second. In the fourth gear cars pick up pretty fast. Almost immediatly you can gear up to 5th gear from 4th.

First gear takes the most time. Look at srilanka. It took them more then 10 years just to become competetive. But once they reached it, they are moving up pretty fast. Same with New Zealand.

One of my Pakistani freind was telling me that how boring SL was not long ago. He wouldn't watch them playing pakistan because they wouldn't last 3 days in test. Every nation experienced it. This is just some facts. This is not an excuse.

Bangla Mostan
July 29, 2004, 01:46 PM
Wat we need to do going on from wat Sage X said is we need our players fitness levels to be tested.

E.g. Steve Harmison one of Englands fast bowlers had to train with a football team to gain back his fitness and also technique. A lot of the technique is needs to bebacked up by a very good fitness level.

So what ourt players must do is follow a boot camp routine, by either training with the army, because our own football players lack in stamina and fitness levels themselves, so they would be useless.

Then amybe the technique levels could improve which could result in success and achievements.:umm:

oracle
July 29, 2004, 02:00 PM
All valid reasons being put forward. Generally, I would say, is it really getting difficult to get into the national team? if so, then it is a good sign. But because of a dubious league system, we cannot assess these youngsters on pure performance.

sageX
July 30, 2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by oracle
All valid reasons being put forward. Generally, I would say, is it really getting difficult to get into the national team? if so, then it is a good sign. But because of a dubious league system, we cannot assess these youngsters on pure performance.

We need an exciting domestic leage.

mahbubH
July 30, 2004, 02:39 AM
The sports reporter of Inqilab (yes Inqilab) got something right about our cricketer .... Scroll down a little bit to find "Etibachak Dristivangee" in this report (http://www.dailyinqilab.com/july30/pdf/sprots.pdf). It is in Bengali for those who do not know Daily Inqilab!!

[Edited on 30-7-2004 by sports_fan_bd]

PoorFan
July 30, 2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
The sports reporter of Inqilab (yes Inqilab) got something right about our cricketer .... Scroll down a little bit to find "Etibachak Dristivangee" in this report (http://www.dailyinqilab.com/july30/pdf/sprots.pdf). It is in Bengali for those who does not know Daily Inqilab!!

[Edited on 30-7-2004 by sports_fan_bd]
All those critics are based on truth.
We should recognize those, as well as players too.
Whatmore must be very frustrated like all of us.